Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat What's annoying you today? V2

What's annoying you today? V2

What's annoying you today? V2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (135) Previous 1 2 3135 Next
20 Aug 2014, 12:27 pm #21
(20 Aug 2014, 11:46 am)Tom Yesterday I was taking photos in Wallsend, and someone from my school saw me (I think), so now I'm really not looking forward going back to school. Angry

Chances are, with just under another 2 weeks until we go back, they might have forgotten?
R852 PRG
20 Aug 2014, 12:27 pm #21

(20 Aug 2014, 11:46 am)Tom Yesterday I was taking photos in Wallsend, and someone from my school saw me (I think), so now I'm really not looking forward going back to school. Angry

Chances are, with just under another 2 weeks until we go back, they might have forgotten?

Tom

20 Aug 2014, 12:28 pm #22
(20 Aug 2014, 12:27 pm)Marcus Chances are, with just under another 2 weeks until we go back, they might have forgotten?

I had better hope so, believe me...
Tom
20 Aug 2014, 12:28 pm #22

(20 Aug 2014, 12:27 pm)Marcus Chances are, with just under another 2 weeks until we go back, they might have forgotten?

I had better hope so, believe me...

Jimmi

20 Aug 2014, 12:33 pm #23
(20 Aug 2014, 12:23 pm)BJ10VUS To be honest, if they're as irritating as they sound, they would have probably said something by now if they were going to make a thing of it. Don't worry about it! I'd get it if you were going running round the bus station acting like an idiot, but if you weren't doing anything to stand out then maybe they didn't see you?

When it happened to me my camera would have been blocking most of my face out, unfortunately I think I decided to wear my maroon Canterbury band T-Shirt and its very unlikely that anyone in Durham is going to be wearing one besides me.
Jimmi
20 Aug 2014, 12:33 pm #23

(20 Aug 2014, 12:23 pm)BJ10VUS To be honest, if they're as irritating as they sound, they would have probably said something by now if they were going to make a thing of it. Don't worry about it! I'd get it if you were going running round the bus station acting like an idiot, but if you weren't doing anything to stand out then maybe they didn't see you?

When it happened to me my camera would have been blocking most of my face out, unfortunately I think I decided to wear my maroon Canterbury band T-Shirt and its very unlikely that anyone in Durham is going to be wearing one besides me.

Tom

20 Aug 2014, 12:39 pm #24
(20 Aug 2014, 12:33 pm)Jimmi When it happened to me my camera would have been blocking most of my face out, unfortunately I think I decided to wear my maroon Canterbury band T-Shirt and its very unlikely that anyone in Durham is going to be wearing one besides me.

They did look at me too, however I didn't have anything distinctive on - just some jeans and a converse T-shirt. However I'm sure they'll recongnise me.
Tom
20 Aug 2014, 12:39 pm #24

(20 Aug 2014, 12:33 pm)Jimmi When it happened to me my camera would have been blocking most of my face out, unfortunately I think I decided to wear my maroon Canterbury band T-Shirt and its very unlikely that anyone in Durham is going to be wearing one besides me.

They did look at me too, however I didn't have anything distinctive on - just some jeans and a converse T-shirt. However I'm sure they'll recongnise me.

Malarkey

20 Aug 2014, 2:13 pm #25
I'm sure my mates have seen me Numerous Occasions taking Photos of Buses, I know one did last week at Concord as he shouted my name, I turned around and "Alright Mate", before walking away, I often tend to have my Hood up on my Jacket so nobody can see my Face as there Passing by on the Bus etc as I know I will get grief for it.

But I simply don't care what they think, I have my Hobbies and Interests and they have theirs, they didn't see me giving them grief for liking Yu-Gi-Oh back in the Day, or Pokemon, although to be fair I did like Pokemon, more so the Games on Gameboy Colour, But if they have a Problem with it, then i'll tell them where to shove the friendship.
Malarkey
20 Aug 2014, 2:13 pm #25

I'm sure my mates have seen me Numerous Occasions taking Photos of Buses, I know one did last week at Concord as he shouted my name, I turned around and "Alright Mate", before walking away, I often tend to have my Hood up on my Jacket so nobody can see my Face as there Passing by on the Bus etc as I know I will get grief for it.

But I simply don't care what they think, I have my Hobbies and Interests and they have theirs, they didn't see me giving them grief for liking Yu-Gi-Oh back in the Day, or Pokemon, although to be fair I did like Pokemon, more so the Games on Gameboy Colour, But if they have a Problem with it, then i'll tell them where to shove the friendship.

S813 FVK

20 Aug 2014, 4:17 pm #26
Something that annoys me and always will:

I just get this feeling when i hear people refer to the Metrocentre by its proper name 'intu Metrocentre'. Nobody seems to refer to Eldon Square as 'intu Eldon Square' so i dont know why the Metrocentre should be any different. To me it will always be called the Metrocentre regardless of who owns it and what they do to its name. Bit like St James' Park when it was renamed to the Sports Direct Arena. I still referred to it as St James' Park and so did a lot of people i know.
S813 FVK
20 Aug 2014, 4:17 pm #26

Something that annoys me and always will:

I just get this feeling when i hear people refer to the Metrocentre by its proper name 'intu Metrocentre'. Nobody seems to refer to Eldon Square as 'intu Eldon Square' so i dont know why the Metrocentre should be any different. To me it will always be called the Metrocentre regardless of who owns it and what they do to its name. Bit like St James' Park when it was renamed to the Sports Direct Arena. I still referred to it as St James' Park and so did a lot of people i know.

20 Aug 2014, 4:18 pm #27
(20 Aug 2014, 4:17 pm)Robert Something that annoys me and always will:

To be honest, I just refer to it as 'The Metro'.
R852 PRG
20 Aug 2014, 4:18 pm #27

To be honest, I just refer to it as 'The Metro'.

Dan

Site Administrator

20 Aug 2014, 4:24 pm #28
(20 Aug 2014, 4:18 pm)Marcus To be honest, I just refer to it as 'The Metro'.

On my Flickr captions, I usually note it as 'intu Metrocentre' - but that boils down to the argument I always used to have with myself in regards to capitalising the 'T' in 'The'. Grammatically, I don't think it's correct to do so - but I didn't think a lower-case 't' looked very good.

In real life, it varies from 'Metty', 'Metro' and 'The Metrocentre'. Depends who I'm talking to and what they call it.
Dan
20 Aug 2014, 4:24 pm #28

(20 Aug 2014, 4:18 pm)Marcus To be honest, I just refer to it as 'The Metro'.

On my Flickr captions, I usually note it as 'intu Metrocentre' - but that boils down to the argument I always used to have with myself in regards to capitalising the 'T' in 'The'. Grammatically, I don't think it's correct to do so - but I didn't think a lower-case 't' looked very good.

In real life, it varies from 'Metty', 'Metro' and 'The Metrocentre'. Depends who I'm talking to and what they call it.

Jimmi

20 Aug 2014, 4:25 pm #29

I still refer to my local shop as Bell's when it became McColl's a while back.
Jimmi
20 Aug 2014, 4:25 pm #29

I still refer to my local shop as Bell's when it became McColl's a while back.

20 Aug 2014, 4:27 pm #30
(20 Aug 2014, 4:25 pm)Jimmi I still refer to my local shop as Bell's when it became McColl's a while back.

In Chester, the newsagents outside the middle stop on front street heading towards Newcastle (goes by so many names these days I've lost track) still goes by 'Greener's', even though Mr. Greener died some 10 years ago.....
R852 PRG
20 Aug 2014, 4:27 pm #30

(20 Aug 2014, 4:25 pm)Jimmi I still refer to my local shop as Bell's when it became McColl's a while back.

In Chester, the newsagents outside the middle stop on front street heading towards Newcastle (goes by so many names these days I've lost track) still goes by 'Greener's', even though Mr. Greener died some 10 years ago.....

Jimmi

20 Aug 2014, 4:34 pm #31
(20 Aug 2014, 4:24 pm)Dan On my Flickr captions, I usually note it as 'intu Metrocentre' - but that boils down to the argument I always used to have with myself in regards to capitalising the 'T' in 'The'. Grammatically, I don't think it's correct to do so - but I didn't think a lower-case 't' looked very good.

Never heard 'Metty' everyone I know goes by 'The Metrocentre' 'Metrocentre' or 'Metro' but I will never refer to it as 'intu Metrocentre'

It's like when Teesside Airport became Durham Tees Valley Airport, everyone I know still calls it Teesside Airport.
Jimmi
20 Aug 2014, 4:34 pm #31

(20 Aug 2014, 4:24 pm)Dan On my Flickr captions, I usually note it as 'intu Metrocentre' - but that boils down to the argument I always used to have with myself in regards to capitalising the 'T' in 'The'. Grammatically, I don't think it's correct to do so - but I didn't think a lower-case 't' looked very good.

Never heard 'Metty' everyone I know goes by 'The Metrocentre' 'Metrocentre' or 'Metro' but I will never refer to it as 'intu Metrocentre'

It's like when Teesside Airport became Durham Tees Valley Airport, everyone I know still calls it Teesside Airport.

Dan

Site Administrator

20 Aug 2014, 4:35 pm #32
(20 Aug 2014, 4:34 pm)Jimmi Never heard 'Metty' everyone I know goes by 'The Metrocentre' 'Metrocentre' or 'Metro' but I will never refer to it as 'intu Metrocentre'

Mackems for ya! Wink
Dan
20 Aug 2014, 4:35 pm #32

(20 Aug 2014, 4:34 pm)Jimmi Never heard 'Metty' everyone I know goes by 'The Metrocentre' 'Metrocentre' or 'Metro' but I will never refer to it as 'intu Metrocentre'

Mackems for ya! Wink

Andreos1

20 Aug 2014, 4:35 pm #33

I have no idea why the majority owners feel the need to tell the world about themselves - they have done it all over the country too. It isn't just confined to those two shopping centres.
CSC didn't brand it CSC Metrocentre and the Queen doesn't insist on the Gate being called 'Royal Estates Gate' either.

With regard to the naming thing, an ex girlfriends mother, calls it the 'Meteor-oid Centre'.
No, I have no idea why either... :s
Edited 20 Aug 2014, 4:37 pm by Andreos1.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
20 Aug 2014, 4:35 pm #33

I have no idea why the majority owners feel the need to tell the world about themselves - they have done it all over the country too. It isn't just confined to those two shopping centres.
CSC didn't brand it CSC Metrocentre and the Queen doesn't insist on the Gate being called 'Royal Estates Gate' either.

With regard to the naming thing, an ex girlfriends mother, calls it the 'Meteor-oid Centre'.
No, I have no idea why either... :s

Adrian

20 Aug 2014, 4:37 pm #34
I wouldn't be too bothered that someone has seen you. Although I do know exactly where you are both coming from. At the end of the day it's a hobby. Some people like football, others like playing musical instruments, and others like photography. If they're taking the piss to the point it makes you feel uncomfortable, then you need to put them in their place. I've never been one to put up with name calling and the likes (which is why I tend to get involved and stick up for them if I see it happening), but I've never held off telling someone they're a ****.

As for places names etc. I still refer to "intu Metrocentre" as the "metty". Still refer to the local shop by its name despite it now being a Londis, and to top it all off, GNE still refer to Biddick as Cooks Hall, despite it being knocked down 40 odd years ago. Wink

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
20 Aug 2014, 4:37 pm #34

I wouldn't be too bothered that someone has seen you. Although I do know exactly where you are both coming from. At the end of the day it's a hobby. Some people like football, others like playing musical instruments, and others like photography. If they're taking the piss to the point it makes you feel uncomfortable, then you need to put them in their place. I've never been one to put up with name calling and the likes (which is why I tend to get involved and stick up for them if I see it happening), but I've never held off telling someone they're a ****.

As for places names etc. I still refer to "intu Metrocentre" as the "metty". Still refer to the local shop by its name despite it now being a Londis, and to top it all off, GNE still refer to Biddick as Cooks Hall, despite it being knocked down 40 odd years ago. Wink

Adrian

20 Aug 2014, 4:39 pm #35
(20 Aug 2014, 4:35 pm)Dan Mackems for ya! Wink

[Image: Chips+n+Cheese]

Adrian
20 Aug 2014, 4:39 pm #35

(20 Aug 2014, 4:35 pm)Dan Mackems for ya! Wink

[Image: Chips+n+Cheese]

Tom

20 Aug 2014, 4:39 pm #36
(20 Aug 2014, 4:37 pm)aureolin I wouldn't be too bothered that someone has seen you. Although I do know exactly where you are both coming from. At the end of the day it's a hobby. Some people like football, others like playing musical instruments, and others like photography. If they're taking the piss to the point it makes you feel uncomfortable, then you need to put them in their place. I've never been one to put up with name calling and the likes (which is why I tend to get involved and stick up for them if I see it happening), but I've never held off telling someone they're a ****.

Cheers - I might try that if they piss me off about it.
Tom
20 Aug 2014, 4:39 pm #36

(20 Aug 2014, 4:37 pm)aureolin I wouldn't be too bothered that someone has seen you. Although I do know exactly where you are both coming from. At the end of the day it's a hobby. Some people like football, others like playing musical instruments, and others like photography. If they're taking the piss to the point it makes you feel uncomfortable, then you need to put them in their place. I've never been one to put up with name calling and the likes (which is why I tend to get involved and stick up for them if I see it happening), but I've never held off telling someone they're a ****.

Cheers - I might try that if they piss me off about it.

Dan

Site Administrator

20 Aug 2014, 4:40 pm #37
(20 Aug 2014, 4:39 pm)aureolin [Image: Chips+n+Cheese]

Mmmmm... Cheesy chips!!
Haven't had any in ages. I'm sinning as a Mackem here!
Dan
20 Aug 2014, 4:40 pm #37

(20 Aug 2014, 4:39 pm)aureolin [Image: Chips+n+Cheese]

Mmmmm... Cheesy chips!!

20 Aug 2014, 4:40 pm #38

For Chester-Le-Street Scholars, I must say some stopping points are a bit strange. Park View Main Site has been called that for a good while now, and my dad went to Park View in the 70s, even then it wasn't called 'The Deanery', yet that's what it says on the tickets and stopping points.
R852 PRG
20 Aug 2014, 4:40 pm #38

For Chester-Le-Street Scholars, I must say some stopping points are a bit strange. Park View Main Site has been called that for a good while now, and my dad went to Park View in the 70s, even then it wasn't called 'The Deanery', yet that's what it says on the tickets and stopping points.

Jimmi

20 Aug 2014, 4:45 pm #39
(20 Aug 2014, 4:40 pm)Dan Mmmmm... Cheesy chips!!

It was often the food of choice for New College students at lunchtime. The chippy in question is now called Fram Fry.
Jimmi
20 Aug 2014, 4:45 pm #39

(20 Aug 2014, 4:40 pm)Dan Mmmmm... Cheesy chips!!

It was often the food of choice for New College students at lunchtime. The chippy in question is now called Fram Fry.

Andreos1

20 Aug 2014, 4:47 pm #40
(20 Aug 2014, 4:40 pm)Marcus For Chester-Le-Street Scholars, I must say some stopping points are a bit strange. Park View Main Site has been called that for a good while now, and my dad went to Park View in the 70s, even then it wasn't called 'The Deanery', yet that's what it says on the tickets and stopping points.

Is that owt to do with the church?

Andreos1
20 Aug 2014, 4:47 pm #40

(20 Aug 2014, 4:40 pm)Marcus For Chester-Le-Street Scholars, I must say some stopping points are a bit strange. Park View Main Site has been called that for a good while now, and my dad went to Park View in the 70s, even then it wasn't called 'The Deanery', yet that's what it says on the tickets and stopping points.

Is that owt to do with the church?

Pages (135) Previous 1 2 3135 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average