Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Nexus

Nexus

Nexus

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Pages (7): Previous 13 4 57 Next
Andreos1

16 Feb 2017, 10:29 am #61
(16 Feb 2017, 9:26 am)Mark1 Has anyone tried the new Live Travel map on the Nexus website. Its a big improvement on its predecessor with the inclusion of real time departures on most services. However in classic Nexus style they make it unnecessarily difficult with for instance the terminus of GNE services 5 and 88 is East Street instead of the more simple South Shields Town Centre/ASDA.

Its an improvement hopefully real time Metro information will be made available soon

I like it and the bonus is, you can screenshot times - so you don't have to struggle loading the app in areas of poor reception or check again when you get to the stop.
Get what you mean about the terminus points. 
I think they need to develop that somehow.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
16 Feb 2017, 10:29 am #61

(16 Feb 2017, 9:26 am)Mark1 Has anyone tried the new Live Travel map on the Nexus website. Its a big improvement on its predecessor with the inclusion of real time departures on most services. However in classic Nexus style they make it unnecessarily difficult with for instance the terminus of GNE services 5 and 88 is East Street instead of the more simple South Shields Town Centre/ASDA.

Its an improvement hopefully real time Metro information will be made available soon

I like it and the bonus is, you can screenshot times - so you don't have to struggle loading the app in areas of poor reception or check again when you get to the stop.
Get what you mean about the terminus points. 
I think they need to develop that somehow.

Michael

16 Feb 2017, 10:35 am #62
They now have electronic timetables on Holmeside in Sunderland, i noticed one last night at my bus stop. (heading out of the town)

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
16 Feb 2017, 10:35 am #62

They now have electronic timetables on Holmeside in Sunderland, i noticed one last night at my bus stop. (heading out of the town)

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

cbma06

16 Feb 2017, 6:41 pm #63
the live travel map also covers out of tyne and wear boundry, has live times for peterlee area aswell.

cbma06
16 Feb 2017, 6:41 pm #63

the live travel map also covers out of tyne and wear boundry, has live times for peterlee area aswell.

Michael

02 Mar 2017, 9:30 am #64
Not sure where to put this so, if it's in the wrong area, please move it.

Bus lane cameras make £31m in a year for councils

The most lucrative bus lane in England is on the northbound section of John Dobson Street in Newcastle-upon-Tyne.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-38957371

hahahaha, well no the wonder, the roads in Newcastle are horrendous, most are one way!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
02 Mar 2017, 9:30 am #64

Not sure where to put this so, if it's in the wrong area, please move it.

Bus lane cameras make £31m in a year for councils

The most lucrative bus lane in England is on the northbound section of John Dobson Street in Newcastle-upon-Tyne.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-38957371

hahahaha, well no the wonder, the roads in Newcastle are horrendous, most are one way!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

S813 FVK

16 Aug 2017, 1:38 pm #65
What does everyone think of the new Nexus site?
https://www.nexus.org.uk/

It doesn't really affect me that much, I don't need to use it on a regular basis with not living in Tyne & Wear. Navigation doesn't appear to be any different, tad slower than what I remember though.
S813 FVK
16 Aug 2017, 1:38 pm #65

What does everyone think of the new Nexus site?
https://www.nexus.org.uk/

It doesn't really affect me that much, I don't need to use it on a regular basis with not living in Tyne & Wear. Navigation doesn't appear to be any different, tad slower than what I remember though.

markydh

16 Aug 2017, 4:13 pm #66
It's better. The news section was completely hidden on the old site. It's now on the homepage.
markydh
16 Aug 2017, 4:13 pm #66

It's better. The news section was completely hidden on the old site. It's now on the homepage.

Michael

16 Aug 2017, 4:19 pm #67
Shame they couldn't be bothered to update the bus station section maps, when they updated the site, but it does look a lot better.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
16 Aug 2017, 4:19 pm #67

Shame they couldn't be bothered to update the bus station section maps, when they updated the site, but it does look a lot better.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Andreos1

11 Jan 2018, 8:24 am #68
http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nort...r-14138484

Cuts ahead?

Andreos1
11 Jan 2018, 8:24 am #68

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nort...r-14138484

Cuts ahead?

Bob

06 Aug 2018, 7:13 pm #69
Nexus have today launched public consultation on proposed extension to 335 and proposed withdrawal of the K3.

www.nexus.org.uk/consultation
Bob
06 Aug 2018, 7:13 pm #69

Nexus have today launched public consultation on proposed extension to 335 and proposed withdrawal of the K3.

Jamie M

Unregistered

08 Sep 2018, 9:41 am #70
(06 Aug 2018, 7:13 pm)Bob Nexus have today launched public consultation on proposed extension to 335 and proposed withdrawal of the K3.

Been running from 6th August until 12th September. I can't personally see any of the plans being contested.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Jamie M
08 Sep 2018, 9:41 am #70

(06 Aug 2018, 7:13 pm)Bob Nexus have today launched public consultation on proposed extension to 335 and proposed withdrawal of the K3.

Been running from 6th August until 12th September. I can't personally see any of the plans being contested.

S830OFT

25 Sep 2018, 11:55 pm #71
Nexus are advertising security in Sunderland Interchange, on some bus stops they have a dedicated mobile number you can ring if you see anything suspicious.

S830OFT
25 Sep 2018, 11:55 pm #71

Nexus are advertising security in Sunderland Interchange, on some bus stops they have a dedicated mobile number you can ring if you see anything suspicious.

Adrian

28 Sep 2018, 12:11 pm #72
(25 Sep 2018, 11:55 pm)S830OFT Nexus are advertising security in Sunderland Interchange, on some bus stops they have a dedicated mobile number you can ring if you see anything suspicious.

Like enthusiasts with cameras?  Rolleyes

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
28 Sep 2018, 12:11 pm #72

(25 Sep 2018, 11:55 pm)S830OFT Nexus are advertising security in Sunderland Interchange, on some bus stops they have a dedicated mobile number you can ring if you see anything suspicious.

Like enthusiasts with cameras?  Rolleyes

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

S830OFT

28 Sep 2018, 1:02 pm #73
(28 Sep 2018, 12:11 pm)Adrian Like enthusiasts with cameras?  Rolleyes

Most likely, however whenever I'm in Park Lane the security just seem to sit at a bus stop and go on their phones and chat. I am sure Nexus got the security to ensure gangs would not hang around the interchange causing trouble.

S830OFT
28 Sep 2018, 1:02 pm #73

(28 Sep 2018, 12:11 pm)Adrian Like enthusiasts with cameras?  Rolleyes

Most likely, however whenever I'm in Park Lane the security just seem to sit at a bus stop and go on their phones and chat. I am sure Nexus got the security to ensure gangs would not hang around the interchange causing trouble.

Jamie M

Unregistered

28 Sep 2018, 1:08 pm #74
(28 Sep 2018, 1:02 pm)S830OFT Most likely, however whenever I'm in Park Lane the security just seem to sit at a bus stop and go on their phones and chat. I am sure Nexus got the security to ensure gangs would not hang around the interchange causing trouble.
They'd run away from gangs quicker than you could blink.

Jamie M
28 Sep 2018, 1:08 pm #74

(28 Sep 2018, 1:02 pm)S830OFT Most likely, however whenever I'm in Park Lane the security just seem to sit at a bus stop and go on their phones and chat. I am sure Nexus got the security to ensure gangs would not hang around the interchange causing trouble.
They'd run away from gangs quicker than you could blink.

Jimmi

28 Sep 2018, 1:58 pm #75
(28 Sep 2018, 1:08 pm)Jamie M They'd run away from gangs quicker than you could blink.

They couldn't catch a cold!

Probably attempt to pick us off as they figure we are gonna be easy targets for them to assert some form of their authoritah.
Jimmi
28 Sep 2018, 1:58 pm #75

(28 Sep 2018, 1:08 pm)Jamie M They'd run away from gangs quicker than you could blink.

They couldn't catch a cold!

Probably attempt to pick us off as they figure we are gonna be easy targets for them to assert some form of their authoritah.

S830OFT

28 Sep 2018, 6:34 pm #76
We might aswell see the Park Lane security as Interceptors as they bring the interchange to enthusiast free. (In their dreams)

S830OFT
28 Sep 2018, 6:34 pm #76

We might aswell see the Park Lane security as Interceptors as they bring the interchange to enthusiast free. (In their dreams)

GuyParkRoyal

23 Feb 2019, 3:54 pm #77
Nexus are running a consultation proposing the withdrawal of the 59 / 359 services.If the proposal is agreed the GCT vehicle currently used on the 59 /359 will be redeployed to a new service.

What changes are we proposing?
The peak service 59 almost entirely duplicates Arriva’s service 54, with our bus in some cases operating just a few minutes in front of the commercial service. This effectively means that we are using public subsidy to replicate links already being provided by a private operator. This is not good use of public funds and it also undermines the commercial viability of the 54 which could place greater pressure on our limited funding, longer term. We therefore propose that the 59 service is withdrawn and passengers would be advised to use the Arriva service instead.
The off-peak 359 service was introduced to provide improved connections to North Tyneside Hospital, in particular from West Allotment and Marden Estate. Our data indicates that an average of just 2 passengers per day board the service in West Allotment (with the majority of these trips to Northumberland Park Metro) and an average of just 5 passengers per day use the service from Marden Estate (with the vast majority of these trips to/from the Morrison’s store at Preston Grange). Like the 59, the 359 route also has a considerable amount of overlap with the Arriva service 54. We therefore propose that the 359 service is withdrawn.
The bus currently used on the 59/359 would then instead be used to provide an extension to the current 51A service (Newcastle – Coast Road – Holystone Park). The new extension would operate between Holystone Park and Whitley Bay Metro via Northumberland Park Interchange, Heritage Green, Backworth North, Castle Park, Backworth Village, Earsdon Village, West Monkseaton Sainsbury’s, West Monkseaton, Monkseaton and Whitley Bay Town Centre. The service would operate hourly Monday - Saturday, between 7.30am – 7.00pm.
The proposed withdrawal of the 59/359 and introduction of new extension to service 51A would leave Murton Village without access to any bus service. We therefore propose that the W3 would be revised to additionally serve Murton Village Monday - Saturday (9.30am – 3.00pm).
GuyParkRoyal
23 Feb 2019, 3:54 pm #77

Nexus are running a consultation proposing the withdrawal of the 59 / 359 services.If the proposal is agreed the GCT vehicle currently used on the 59 /359 will be redeployed to a new service.

The peak service 59 almost entirely duplicates Arriva’s service 54, with our bus in some cases operating just a few minutes in front of the commercial service. This effectively means that we are using public subsidy to replicate links already being provided by a private operator. This is not good use of public funds and it also undermines the commercial viability of the 54 which could place greater pressure on our limited funding, longer term. We therefore propose that the 59 service is withdrawn and passengers would be advised to use the Arriva service instead.
The off-peak 359 service was introduced to provide improved connections to North Tyneside Hospital, in particular from West Allotment and Marden Estate. Our data indicates that an average of just 2 passengers per day board the service in West Allotment (with the majority of these trips to Northumberland Park Metro) and an average of just 5 passengers per day use the service from Marden Estate (with the vast majority of these trips to/from the Morrison’s store at Preston Grange). Like the 59, the 359 route also has a considerable amount of overlap with the Arriva service 54. We therefore propose that the 359 service is withdrawn.
The bus currently used on the 59/359 would then instead be used to provide an extension to the current 51A service (Newcastle – Coast Road – Holystone Park). The new extension would operate between Holystone Park and Whitley Bay Metro via Northumberland Park Interchange, Heritage Green, Backworth North, Castle Park, Backworth Village, Earsdon Village, West Monkseaton Sainsbury’s, West Monkseaton, Monkseaton and Whitley Bay Town Centre. The service would operate hourly Monday - Saturday, between 7.30am – 7.00pm.
The proposed withdrawal of the 59/359 and introduction of new extension to service 51A would leave Murton Village without access to any bus service. We therefore propose that the W3 would be revised to additionally serve Murton Village Monday - Saturday (9.30am – 3.00pm).

23 Feb 2019, 4:52 pm #78
J
(23 Feb 2019, 3:54 pm)GuyParkRoyal Nexus are running a consultation proposing the withdrawal of the 59 / 359 services.If the proposal is agreed the GCT vehicle currently used on the 59 /359 will be redeployed to a new service.

The peak service 59 almost entirely duplicates Arriva’s service 54, with our bus in some cases operating just a few minutes in front of the commercial service.  This effectively means that we are using public subsidy to replicate links already being provided by a private operator.  This is not good use of public funds and it also undermines the commercial viability of the 54 which could place greater pressure on our limited funding, longer term.  We therefore propose that the 59 service is withdrawn and passengers would be advised to use the Arriva service instead.
The off-peak 359 service was introduced to provide improved connections to North Tyneside Hospital, in particular from West Allotment and Marden Estate.  Our data indicates that an average of just 2 passengers per day board the service in West Allotment (with the majority of these trips to Northumberland Park Metro) and an average of just 5 passengers per day use the service from Marden Estate (with the vast majority of these trips to/from the Morrison’s store at Preston Grange).  Like the 59, the 359 route also has a considerable amount of overlap with the Arriva service 54.  We therefore propose that the 359 service is withdrawn.
The bus currently used on the 59/359 would then instead be used to provide an extension to the current 51A service (Newcastle – Coast Road – Holystone Park).  The new extension would operate between Holystone Park and Whitley Bay Metro via Northumberland Park Interchange, Heritage Green, Backworth North, Castle Park, Backworth Village, Earsdon Village, West Monkseaton Sainsbury’s, West Monkseaton, Monkseaton and Whitley Bay Town Centre.  The service would operate hourly Monday - Saturday, between 7.30am – 7.00pm.  
The proposed withdrawal of the 59/359 and introduction of new extension to service 51A would leave Murton Village without access to any bus service.  We therefore propose that the W3 would be revised to additionally serve Murton Village Monday - Saturday (9.30am – 3.00pm).

To send a bus to west monkseaton sainsburys and monkseaton will go and put the W1/W1A/57/57A in the poor numbers as these services operate down this part of route already
Jordan2104
23 Feb 2019, 4:52 pm #78

J

(23 Feb 2019, 3:54 pm)GuyParkRoyal Nexus are running a consultation proposing the withdrawal of the 59 / 359 services.If the proposal is agreed the GCT vehicle currently used on the 59 /359 will be redeployed to a new service.

The peak service 59 almost entirely duplicates Arriva’s service 54, with our bus in some cases operating just a few minutes in front of the commercial service.  This effectively means that we are using public subsidy to replicate links already being provided by a private operator.  This is not good use of public funds and it also undermines the commercial viability of the 54 which could place greater pressure on our limited funding, longer term.  We therefore propose that the 59 service is withdrawn and passengers would be advised to use the Arriva service instead.
The off-peak 359 service was introduced to provide improved connections to North Tyneside Hospital, in particular from West Allotment and Marden Estate.  Our data indicates that an average of just 2 passengers per day board the service in West Allotment (with the majority of these trips to Northumberland Park Metro) and an average of just 5 passengers per day use the service from Marden Estate (with the vast majority of these trips to/from the Morrison’s store at Preston Grange).  Like the 59, the 359 route also has a considerable amount of overlap with the Arriva service 54.  We therefore propose that the 359 service is withdrawn.
The bus currently used on the 59/359 would then instead be used to provide an extension to the current 51A service (Newcastle – Coast Road – Holystone Park).  The new extension would operate between Holystone Park and Whitley Bay Metro via Northumberland Park Interchange, Heritage Green, Backworth North, Castle Park, Backworth Village, Earsdon Village, West Monkseaton Sainsbury’s, West Monkseaton, Monkseaton and Whitley Bay Town Centre.  The service would operate hourly Monday - Saturday, between 7.30am – 7.00pm.  
The proposed withdrawal of the 59/359 and introduction of new extension to service 51A would leave Murton Village without access to any bus service.  We therefore propose that the W3 would be revised to additionally serve Murton Village Monday - Saturday (9.30am – 3.00pm).

To send a bus to west monkseaton sainsburys and monkseaton will go and put the W1/W1A/57/57A in the poor numbers as these services operate down this part of route already

Andreos1

24 Feb 2019, 12:52 pm #79

When they're on, I am sure they could work on improving the W services in Whitley Bay and 333.

I would argue there's a bit of duplication within the W services and could look to improve revenues/margins (footfall) at the same time. 

W2 and W3 to merge (along with western elements of W1), with some slight variations to routes. 

W1 and 333 to merge (using the northern section of Broadway as the link) and 333 to serve Front Street in Tynemouth, before going back to its normal route, passing Linskill. 
On the Fish Quay, it will serve the ferry in both directions and omit Brewhouse Bank.

Andreos1
24 Feb 2019, 12:52 pm #79

When they're on, I am sure they could work on improving the W services in Whitley Bay and 333.

I would argue there's a bit of duplication within the W services and could look to improve revenues/margins (footfall) at the same time. 

W2 and W3 to merge (along with western elements of W1), with some slight variations to routes. 

W1 and 333 to merge (using the northern section of Broadway as the link) and 333 to serve Front Street in Tynemouth, before going back to its normal route, passing Linskill. 
On the Fish Quay, it will serve the ferry in both directions and omit Brewhouse Bank.

Michael

18 Sep 2019, 5:36 am #80
Noticed in Park Lane this morning, that the electronic timetables are letting passengers know that services are not serving Ryhope. (Stands B etc)

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
18 Sep 2019, 5:36 am #80

Noticed in Park Lane this morning, that the electronic timetables are letting passengers know that services are not serving Ryhope. (Stands B etc)

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Pages (7): Previous 13 4 57 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average