Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Nexus

Nexus

Nexus

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Pages (7): 1 2 37 Next
Malarkey

18 Sep 2014, 3:55 pm #1
Noticed there is Several Nexus Threads for different things, but weren't suitable for the following post as it has no relation to those topics, might worth merging all those Threads into this one.

Anyway whilst briefly in Jarrow Yesterday I spotted Nexus have Invested in some New Bus Infrastructure Cleaning Vans, in the form of the New Ford Transits, also note in the Photo of (CX14 RXL) that it is parked on Double Yellow Lines, what was even more baffling was on opposite side of the Road there was plenty of Parking Space and it isn't Doubled Yellow Lined, or Alternatively why did the Driver not Park in the Car Park for Home Bargins, Rather than Parking where they did and receiving a Fine.

[attachment=5919]
Malarkey
18 Sep 2014, 3:55 pm #1

Noticed there is Several Nexus Threads for different things, but weren't suitable for the following post as it has no relation to those topics, might worth merging all those Threads into this one.

Anyway whilst briefly in Jarrow Yesterday I spotted Nexus have Invested in some New Bus Infrastructure Cleaning Vans, in the form of the New Ford Transits, also note in the Photo of (CX14 RXL) that it is parked on Double Yellow Lines, what was even more baffling was on opposite side of the Road there was plenty of Parking Space and it isn't Doubled Yellow Lined, or Alternatively why did the Driver not Park in the Car Park for Home Bargins, Rather than Parking where they did and receiving a Fine.

[attachment=5919]

Adrian

18 Sep 2014, 8:36 pm #2
(18 Sep 2014, 3:55 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Noticed there is Several Nexus Threads for different things, but weren't suitable for the following post as it has no relation to those topics, might worth merging all those Threads into this one.

They're owned by the contractor, and not Nexus. Viper took over on the 10th June 2014.

http://www.nexus.org.uk/news/item/nexus-...d-shelters

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
18 Sep 2014, 8:36 pm #2

(18 Sep 2014, 3:55 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Noticed there is Several Nexus Threads for different things, but weren't suitable for the following post as it has no relation to those topics, might worth merging all those Threads into this one.

They're owned by the contractor, and not Nexus. Viper took over on the 10th June 2014.

MurdnunoC

18 Sep 2014, 8:43 pm #3
I imagine the contractors will have some sort of special dispensation applied which allows their vehicles to park in bus stations (or stops) in order to allow the necessary maintenance to take place.
MurdnunoC
18 Sep 2014, 8:43 pm #3

I imagine the contractors will have some sort of special dispensation applied which allows their vehicles to park in bus stations (or stops) in order to allow the necessary maintenance to take place.

Malarkey

18 Sep 2014, 8:44 pm #4
(18 Sep 2014, 8:36 pm)aureolin They're owned by the contractor, and not Nexus. Viper took over on the 10th June 2014.

Thanks for that Aureolin, Wasn't aware of any Contract change in regards to the Cleaning of Bus Stations/Shelters, although I was curious as to what "Viper" was, but as my mind was elsewhere at the Time the thought didn't even cross my mind.
Malarkey
18 Sep 2014, 8:44 pm #4

(18 Sep 2014, 8:36 pm)aureolin They're owned by the contractor, and not Nexus. Viper took over on the 10th June 2014.

Thanks for that Aureolin, Wasn't aware of any Contract change in regards to the Cleaning of Bus Stations/Shelters, although I was curious as to what "Viper" was, but as my mind was elsewhere at the Time the thought didn't even cross my mind.

Adrian

18 Sep 2014, 8:45 pm #5
(18 Sep 2014, 8:43 pm)AdamY I imagine the contractors will have some sort of special dispensation applied which allows their vehicles to park in bus stations (or stops) in order to allow the necessary maintenance to take place.

Probably stipulated by Nexus, as I recall a previous contractor (possibly Interserve?) having Nexus logos on their fleet too.

Adrian
18 Sep 2014, 8:45 pm #5

(18 Sep 2014, 8:43 pm)AdamY I imagine the contractors will have some sort of special dispensation applied which allows their vehicles to park in bus stations (or stops) in order to allow the necessary maintenance to take place.

Probably stipulated by Nexus, as I recall a previous contractor (possibly Interserve?) having Nexus logos on their fleet too.

MurdnunoC

18 Sep 2014, 8:50 pm #6
(18 Sep 2014, 8:45 pm)aureolin Probably stipulated by Nexus, as I recall a previous contractor (possibly Interserve?) having Nexus logos on their fleet too.

It might have been DBL (Dowell Brothers) or even both.

Security companies (such as G4S, Security Plus, Loomis etc.,) also have similar arrangements with local authorities and business owners. This is why you see them parked up in pedestrianised or 'bus-only' areas like the Monument. 
MurdnunoC
18 Sep 2014, 8:50 pm #6

(18 Sep 2014, 8:45 pm)aureolin Probably stipulated by Nexus, as I recall a previous contractor (possibly Interserve?) having Nexus logos on their fleet too.

It might have been DBL (Dowell Brothers) or even both.

Security companies (such as G4S, Security Plus, Loomis etc.,) also have similar arrangements with local authorities and business owners. This is why you see them parked up in pedestrianised or 'bus-only' areas like the Monument. 

Adrian

18 Sep 2014, 8:52 pm #7
(18 Sep 2014, 8:50 pm)AdamY It might have been DBL (Dowell Brothers) or even both.

T'was Mitie Smile - http://www.mitie.com/documents/%5Bimport...-nexus.pdf

Adrian
18 Sep 2014, 8:52 pm #7

(18 Sep 2014, 8:50 pm)AdamY It might have been DBL (Dowell Brothers) or even both.

T'was Mitie Smile - http://www.mitie.com/documents/%5Bimport...-nexus.pdf

Andreos1

10 Nov 2014, 2:18 pm #8
Whether some are relevant to the issues relating to low rail adhesion or not, Nexus have put tenders out for a range of items.

There are 17(?) lots included in those tenders, are training for chainsaw use and track welding.
Other tenders include lift and escalator maintenance.

Presumably staff will be trained internally to carry out maintenance and tasks going forward, rather than staff brought by private contractors, carrying out work on Nexus behalf.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
10 Nov 2014, 2:18 pm #8

Whether some are relevant to the issues relating to low rail adhesion or not, Nexus have put tenders out for a range of items.

There are 17(?) lots included in those tenders, are training for chainsaw use and track welding.

Presumably staff will be trained internally to carry out maintenance and tasks going forward, rather than staff brought by private contractors, carrying out work on Nexus behalf.

nk55

10 Nov 2014, 4:55 pm #9
Dont know if anyone can help with this, we seem to be getting a few " privallage " nexus passes being presented. Does anybody know who qualifies for them i.e related to an employee.
nk55
10 Nov 2014, 4:55 pm #9

Dont know if anyone can help with this, we seem to be getting a few " privallage " nexus passes being presented. Does anybody know who qualifies for them i.e related to an employee.

Adrian

10 Nov 2014, 4:57 pm #10
(10 Nov 2014, 2:18 pm)Andreos1 Whether some are relevant to the issues relating to low rail adhesion or not, Nexus have put tenders out for a range of items.

Wouldnt that go against the Government's procurement strategy, and the use of SMEs? I haven't had actually looked at the tenders mind

Adrian
10 Nov 2014, 4:57 pm #10

(10 Nov 2014, 2:18 pm)Andreos1 Whether some are relevant to the issues relating to low rail adhesion or not, Nexus have put tenders out for a range of items.

Wouldnt that go against the Government's procurement strategy, and the use of SMEs? I haven't had actually looked at the tenders mind

Andreos1

10 Nov 2014, 5:18 pm #11
No idea, suppose if they use SME's to deliver the training to staff, then it may fall inline with policy.

Andreos1
10 Nov 2014, 5:18 pm #11

No idea, suppose if they use SME's to deliver the training to staff, then it may fall inline with policy.

Dan

Site Administrator

12 Nov 2014, 8:07 am #12
A new bus shelter has been installed at the Wheatsheaf. No glass in it yet - must be leaving it so the local thugs can't punch the glass out..! ;-)
Dan
12 Nov 2014, 8:07 am #12

A new bus shelter has been installed at the Wheatsheaf. No glass in it yet - must be leaving it so the local thugs can't punch the glass out..! ;-)

Michael

12 Nov 2014, 8:48 am #13
(12 Nov 2014, 8:07 am)Dan A new bus shelter has been installed at the Wheatsheaf. No glass in it yet - must be leaving it so the local thugs can't punch the glass out..! ;-)

About time, is it really long one or a small one?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
12 Nov 2014, 8:48 am #13

(12 Nov 2014, 8:07 am)Dan A new bus shelter has been installed at the Wheatsheaf. No glass in it yet - must be leaving it so the local thugs can't punch the glass out..! ;-)

About time, is it really long one or a small one?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

12 Nov 2014, 9:14 am #14
(12 Nov 2014, 8:48 am)Michael About time, is it really long one or a small one?
Looks ever so slightly longer than the usual ones, but that compensates for the fact that there's only one instead of two as before.
Dan
12 Nov 2014, 9:14 am #14

(12 Nov 2014, 8:48 am)Michael About time, is it really long one or a small one?
Looks ever so slightly longer than the usual ones, but that compensates for the fact that there's only one instead of two as before.

Michael

12 Nov 2014, 9:26 am #15
(12 Nov 2014, 9:14 am)Dan Looks ever so slightly longer than the usual ones, but that compensates for the fact that there's only one instead of two as before.

Always thought having 2 shelters was daft, least its longish, sometimes, the amount of people which get on their can be high, especially if they passing through the city center to other places... i:e services 3,4,35 etc 

I was at the wheatsheaf a few weeks ago and the que for the bus was massive 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
12 Nov 2014, 9:26 am #15

(12 Nov 2014, 9:14 am)Dan Looks ever so slightly longer than the usual ones, but that compensates for the fact that there's only one instead of two as before.

Always thought having 2 shelters was daft, least its longish, sometimes, the amount of people which get on their can be high, especially if they passing through the city center to other places... i:e services 3,4,35 etc 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

17 Nov 2014, 8:22 am #16
(12 Nov 2014, 9:26 am)Michael Always thought having 2 shelters was daft, least its longish, sometimes, the amount of people which get on their can be high, especially if they passing through the city center to other places... i:e services 3,4,35 etc 

They've put on another one of those long shelters to extend it - so now it's quite a long bus shelter!
Dan
17 Nov 2014, 8:22 am #16

(12 Nov 2014, 9:26 am)Michael Always thought having 2 shelters was daft, least its longish, sometimes, the amount of people which get on their can be high, especially if they passing through the city center to other places... i:e services 3,4,35 etc 

They've put on another one of those long shelters to extend it - so now it's quite a long bus shelter!

cbma06

17 Nov 2014, 6:45 pm #17
The wheatsheaf used to have 2 bus stops, one for busways buses and one for northern buses dating back to the olden days

cbma06
17 Nov 2014, 6:45 pm #17

The wheatsheaf used to have 2 bus stops, one for busways buses and one for northern buses dating back to the olden days

Michael

17 Nov 2014, 6:48 pm #18
(17 Nov 2014, 6:45 pm)cbma06 The wheatsheaf used to have 2 bus stops, one for busways buses and one for northern buses dating back to the olden days

Yup, the good old days! 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
17 Nov 2014, 6:48 pm #18

(17 Nov 2014, 6:45 pm)cbma06 The wheatsheaf used to have 2 bus stops, one for busways buses and one for northern buses dating back to the olden days

Yup, the good old days! 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Adrian

30 Dec 2014, 4:20 pm #19
It would seem that Nexus have taken it upon themselves to maintain their own Wikipedia page. A conflict of interest you'd argue.

Adrian
30 Dec 2014, 4:20 pm #19

It would seem that Nexus have taken it upon themselves to maintain their own Wikipedia page. A conflict of interest you'd argue.

Jimmi

30 Dec 2014, 4:26 pm #20
(30 Dec 2014, 4:20 pm)aureolin It would seem that Nexus have taken it upon themselves to maintain their own Wikipedia page. A conflict of interest you'd argue.

Probably so one of us doesn't put something like "Nexus show no respect to bus spotters and often ask them to get off their property and in some cases refer to them as terrorist's"
Jimmi
30 Dec 2014, 4:26 pm #20

(30 Dec 2014, 4:20 pm)aureolin It would seem that Nexus have taken it upon themselves to maintain their own Wikipedia page. A conflict of interest you'd argue.

Probably so one of us doesn't put something like "Nexus show no respect to bus spotters and often ask them to get off their property and in some cases refer to them as terrorist's"

Pages (7): 1 2 37 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average