Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Tyne and Wear Bus Way

Tyne and Wear Bus Way

Tyne and Wear Bus Way

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Malarkey

17 Feb 2015, 10:14 pm #1
Just out of curiosity as I am quite interested in this topic which has been discussed in other Threads my other members who would like to see a Bus Way, But how much do you think it would cost to do a complete Network Overhaul of the current Unreliable and Aging Tyne and Wear Metro, with there being quite a lot factors to take into account.

[*]Replacing 74.5m (46.3 Miles) of Track with Tarmac
[*]Scrapping of Trains and Track along with other Infrastructure.
[*]Modifications of 60 Stations across the Network along with Modifications of the Metro Bridge between Gateshead and Newcastle.
[*]Cost of New Buses.

There probably likely to be even more factors to take into account which I havent yet thought of. So would it be Money well spent, Would it be a Risk in terms of further Council Cuts, Increase in Taxes and other Services etc, Would there be any Benefits from such an Overhaul in the Long Term. 
Malarkey
17 Feb 2015, 10:14 pm #1

Just out of curiosity as I am quite interested in this topic which has been discussed in other Threads my other members who would like to see a Bus Way, But how much do you think it would cost to do a complete Network Overhaul of the current Unreliable and Aging Tyne and Wear Metro, with there being quite a lot factors to take into account.

[*]Replacing 74.5m (46.3 Miles) of Track with Tarmac
[*]Scrapping of Trains and Track along with other Infrastructure.
[*]Modifications of 60 Stations across the Network along with Modifications of the Metro Bridge between Gateshead and Newcastle.
[*]Cost of New Buses.

There probably likely to be even more factors to take into account which I havent yet thought of. So would it be Money well spent, Would it be a Risk in terms of further Council Cuts, Increase in Taxes and other Services etc, Would there be any Benefits from such an Overhaul in the Long Term. 

beefcake

17 Feb 2015, 11:53 pm #2
If the busway was to be introduced, would ENCTS passes be accepted on the same terms as local buses, or would pass holders have to pay for the equivalent of a gold card?
beefcake
17 Feb 2015, 11:53 pm #2

If the busway was to be introduced, would ENCTS passes be accepted on the same terms as local buses, or would pass holders have to pay for the equivalent of a gold card?

18 Feb 2015, 10:15 am #3
The trains on Metro have already been scrapped! Tongue
omnicity4659
18 Feb 2015, 10:15 am #3

The trains on Metro have already been scrapped! Tongue

18 Feb 2015, 10:17 am #4
Anyway, is the 19 busway still in operation? 

According to Wikipedia the buses have guide wheels which operated the gates.
omnicity4659
18 Feb 2015, 10:17 am #4

Anyway, is the 19 busway still in operation? 

According to Wikipedia the buses have guide wheels which operated the gates.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average