Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Ashington redevelopments

Ashington redevelopments

Ashington redevelopments

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
14 Apr 2015, 6:46 pm #1
With the demolition of the old depot imminent and the leisure/community centre just past the halfway (if not towards 3/4 done) point, I think it's ought that we have a thread about the redevelopments which are starting to take shape now.

The current bus station will be demolished to make way for the new County Hall, while the bus station will be adjacent to where the old car dealership and model shop is.

I'm expecting that there will be minor disruption/bus stop relocations in the town centre over the coming months, if not, early-next year.

More details on the redevelopments available here. (PDF)
omnicity4659
14 Apr 2015, 6:46 pm #1

With the demolition of the old depot imminent and the leisure/community centre just past the halfway (if not towards 3/4 done) point, I think it's ought that we have a thread about the redevelopments which are starting to take shape now.

The current bus station will be demolished to make way for the new County Hall, while the bus station will be adjacent to where the old car dealership and model shop is.

I'm expecting that there will be minor disruption/bus stop relocations in the town centre over the coming months, if not, early-next year.

More details on the redevelopments available here. (PDF)

mb134

25 Apr 2015, 8:09 pm #2
This thread sprung to mind when viewing a Facebook page some of my friends have recently liked. It seems that residents of Bedlington are getting a bit annoyed that Ashington always seems to take priority, with Bedlington getting peanuts in comparison. 

Going off what I've seen, it's true, Ashington seems to have far better facilities etc. already, so is there really any need for these redevelopments, when a town nearby has nothing- having said that I know which place I'd rather spend some time in...

If anyone would like to check out the page, it's called "Make A Noise For Bedlington", most of the points seem pretty valid...
mb134
25 Apr 2015, 8:09 pm #2

This thread sprung to mind when viewing a Facebook page some of my friends have recently liked. It seems that residents of Bedlington are getting a bit annoyed that Ashington always seems to take priority, with Bedlington getting peanuts in comparison. 

Going off what I've seen, it's true, Ashington seems to have far better facilities etc. already, so is there really any need for these redevelopments, when a town nearby has nothing- having said that I know which place I'd rather spend some time in...

If anyone would like to check out the page, it's called "Make A Noise For Bedlington", most of the points seem pretty valid...

17 Jul 2015, 2:39 pm #3
Demolition of the old bus depot has begun. The bus station is expected to close next weekend.
omnicity4659
17 Jul 2015, 2:39 pm #3

Demolition of the old bus depot has begun. The bus station is expected to close next weekend.

Adrian

17 Jul 2015, 3:18 pm #4
It'd take an atomic bomb to redevelop Ashington! Smile

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
17 Jul 2015, 3:18 pm #4

It'd take an atomic bomb to redevelop Ashington! Smile

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Jimmi

17 Jul 2015, 3:25 pm #5
(17 Jul 2015, 3:18 pm)aureolin It'd take an atomic bomb to redevelop Ashington! Smile
After my trip there recently I'd be happy for the place to be nuked. How the hell can something like sand blow in your eyes constantly for 50 minutes when it's nowhere near the seaside!
Jimmi
17 Jul 2015, 3:25 pm #5

(17 Jul 2015, 3:18 pm)aureolin It'd take an atomic bomb to redevelop Ashington! Smile
After my trip there recently I'd be happy for the place to be nuked. How the hell can something like sand blow in your eyes constantly for 50 minutes when it's nowhere near the seaside!

Text'en

17 Jul 2015, 6:54 pm #6
(17 Jul 2015, 3:25 pm)Jimmi After my trip there recently I'd be happy for the place to be nuked. How the hell can something like sand blow in your eyes constantly for 50 minutes when it's nowhere near the seaside!

The coast is 2 miles away!
Text'en
17 Jul 2015, 6:54 pm #6

(17 Jul 2015, 3:25 pm)Jimmi After my trip there recently I'd be happy for the place to be nuked. How the hell can something like sand blow in your eyes constantly for 50 minutes when it's nowhere near the seaside!

The coast is 2 miles away!

19 Jul 2015, 8:41 am #7

I'd happily set it off...  Wink
omnicity4659
19 Jul 2015, 8:41 am #7

I'd happily set it off...  Wink

19 Jul 2015, 8:45 am #8

I've got to say that I wondered why there was sand in the bus station a few months back... Asda needs to be nuked and built by the hospital in the field. The 'bus-rail' interchange could have been where Asda is. Asda messed the flow of traffic leaving 35s being cancelled and occasionally running in twos on the old 20min frequency via the bus station to Morpeth.
omnicity4659
19 Jul 2015, 8:45 am #8

I've got to say that I wondered why there was sand in the bus station a few months back... Asda needs to be nuked and built by the hospital in the field. The 'bus-rail' interchange could have been where Asda is. Asda messed the flow of traffic leaving 35s being cancelled and occasionally running in twos on the old 20min frequency via the bus station to Morpeth.

20 Jul 2015, 2:34 pm #9
The depot has now been half demolished overnight. The main office building is the only part of the depot to be knocked down.

I'll miss the old depot and the adjoining bus station, I couldn't believe it's been six years since I used to walk down the back of the depot on the way to Asda.
omnicity4659
20 Jul 2015, 2:34 pm #9

The depot has now been half demolished overnight. The main office building is the only part of the depot to be knocked down.

I'll miss the old depot and the adjoining bus station, I couldn't believe it's been six years since I used to walk down the back of the depot on the way to Asda.

24 Jul 2015, 7:24 am #10
Where do I start...

There is now just the depot office building remaining now, the motorcycle and car repair shop adjacent to the bus station has been demolished. The bus station will be closed on Sunday 2nd August for one day. 1 (All Destinations), X21/22 (All Destinations) and 35 (Newbiggin) will stop outside the carpet shop opposite Asda. 35 towards Morpeth will stop outside Sports Direct as before.
Edited 01 Aug 2015, 1:11 pm by omnicity4659.
omnicity4659
24 Jul 2015, 7:24 am #10

Where do I start...

There is now just the depot office building remaining now, the motorcycle and car repair shop adjacent to the bus station has been demolished. The bus station will be closed on Sunday 2nd August for one day. 1 (All Destinations), X21/22 (All Destinations) and 35 (Newbiggin) will stop outside the carpet shop opposite Asda. 35 towards Morpeth will stop outside Sports Direct as before.

mb134

24 Jul 2015, 11:17 am #11
(24 Jul 2015, 7:24 am)GX03 SVC Where do I start...

There is now just the depot office building remaining now, the motorcycle and car repair shop adjacent to the bus station has been demolished. The bus station will be closed on Sunday 2nd August for one day. Buses will stop on Woodhorn Road: Sports Direct: 1 (Blyth), X21 (Newcastle), 35 (Morpeth). Nisa: 1 (Cresswell), X21 (Newbiggin), 35 (Newbiggin). I haven't been told where the X22 will stop but it's likely that it will depart from Sports Direct after going via Hirst Castle and the A197.

Punctuality on the X22 will be top notch then....
mb134
24 Jul 2015, 11:17 am #11

(24 Jul 2015, 7:24 am)GX03 SVC Where do I start...

There is now just the depot office building remaining now, the motorcycle and car repair shop adjacent to the bus station has been demolished. The bus station will be closed on Sunday 2nd August for one day. Buses will stop on Woodhorn Road: Sports Direct: 1 (Blyth), X21 (Newcastle), 35 (Morpeth). Nisa: 1 (Cresswell), X21 (Newbiggin), 35 (Newbiggin). I haven't been told where the X22 will stop but it's likely that it will depart from Sports Direct after going via Hirst Castle and the A197.

Punctuality on the X22 will be top notch then....

01 Aug 2015, 11:54 am #12
Looks like they've started early on the final part of the depot, it's currently being torn down at the moment.

4Paws is still there, along with 1&2 Lintonville Terrace. The carpet shop, tip top tyres and the model shop is still there.
omnicity4659
01 Aug 2015, 11:54 am #12

Looks like they've started early on the final part of the depot, it's currently being torn down at the moment.

4Paws is still there, along with 1&2 Lintonville Terrace. The carpet shop, tip top tyres and the model shop is still there.

Michael

01 Aug 2015, 11:55 am #13
(01 Aug 2015, 11:54 am)GX03 SVC Looks like they've started early on the final part of the depot, it's currently being torn down at the moment.

Didn't know there was a model shop at Ashington.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
01 Aug 2015, 11:55 am #13

(01 Aug 2015, 11:54 am)GX03 SVC Looks like they've started early on the final part of the depot, it's currently being torn down at the moment.

Didn't know there was a model shop at Ashington.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

01 Aug 2015, 1:08 pm #14
The supervisor gave me wrong info on the stand relocations so here are the correct ones;

SUNDAY 2ND AUGUST VALID 0800 UNTIL 1300
Buses to Newbiggin, Cresswell, Newcastle and Blyth depart from a temporary stop outside the Carpet Shop opposite Asda. This is services 1, X21, X22 and 35 (towards Newbiggin).

Buses to Morpeth depart from the usual stop at Sports Direct. This is service 35 towards Morpeth only.

(01 Aug 2015, 11:55 am)Michael Didn't know there was a model shop at Ashington.

It's been closed for around 7 years.
Edited 01 Aug 2015, 1:09 pm by omnicity4659.
omnicity4659
01 Aug 2015, 1:08 pm #14

The supervisor gave me wrong info on the stand relocations so here are the correct ones;

Buses to Newbiggin, Cresswell, Newcastle and Blyth depart from a temporary stop outside the Carpet Shop opposite Asda. This is services 1, X21, X22 and 35 (towards Newbiggin).

Buses to Morpeth depart from the usual stop at Sports Direct. This is service 35 towards Morpeth only.

(01 Aug 2015, 11:55 am)Michael Didn't know there was a model shop at Ashington.

Michael

01 Aug 2015, 1:13 pm #15
(01 Aug 2015, 1:08 pm)GX03 SVC The supervisor gave me wrong info on the stand relocations so here are the correct ones;

Lmao no the wonder

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
01 Aug 2015, 1:13 pm #15

(01 Aug 2015, 1:08 pm)GX03 SVC The supervisor gave me wrong info on the stand relocations so here are the correct ones;

Lmao no the wonder

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

01 Aug 2015, 6:47 pm #16
(01 Aug 2015, 1:13 pm)Michael Lmao no the wonder

I vaguely recall that it had been flooded beforehand, it was 8-ish years ago so I don't remember much as I never walked that way towards McDonalds and Asda, I always walked down the back of the old depot.
omnicity4659
01 Aug 2015, 6:47 pm #16

(01 Aug 2015, 1:13 pm)Michael Lmao no the wonder

I vaguely recall that it had been flooded beforehand, it was 8-ish years ago so I don't remember much as I never walked that way towards McDonalds and Asda, I always walked down the back of the old depot.

03 Aug 2015, 1:39 pm #17
The depot is no more now...
omnicity4659
03 Aug 2015, 1:39 pm #17

The depot is no more now...

12 Aug 2015, 11:03 am #18
Looks like the new bus station will be some time, Arriva have issued the supervisors with "Customer Service Information" hi-vis jackets and "Here to help" stickers on the portacabin.
omnicity4659
12 Aug 2015, 11:03 am #18

Looks like the new bus station will be some time, Arriva have issued the supervisors with "Customer Service Information" hi-vis jackets and "Here to help" stickers on the portacabin.

Charles41

12 Aug 2015, 11:18 am #19
(12 Aug 2015, 11:03 am)GX03 SVC Looks like the new bus station will be some time, Arriva have issued the supervisors with "Customer Service Information" hi-vis jackets and "Here to help" stickers on the portacabin.

I was there yesterday, bus station looks like a war zone.

Has anyone been to Hirst recently, the place is scary. Got off the bus at the wrong stop and went to the library to ask for directions. Place is full of people who think they are all as hard as nails. Had an idiot in an orange boiler suit standing staring at me as I walked across a car park, then 3 nutters started following me. Finally a complete stranger threatened to kick the f*** out of me for no reason. All this happened in under 10 minutes.

Terrible place.

Charles
Charles41
12 Aug 2015, 11:18 am #19

(12 Aug 2015, 11:03 am)GX03 SVC Looks like the new bus station will be some time, Arriva have issued the supervisors with "Customer Service Information" hi-vis jackets and "Here to help" stickers on the portacabin.

I was there yesterday, bus station looks like a war zone.

Has anyone been to Hirst recently, the place is scary. Got off the bus at the wrong stop and went to the library to ask for directions. Place is full of people who think they are all as hard as nails. Had an idiot in an orange boiler suit standing staring at me as I walked across a car park, then 3 nutters started following me. Finally a complete stranger threatened to kick the f*** out of me for no reason. All this happened in under 10 minutes.

Terrible place.

Charles

12 Aug 2015, 11:22 am #20
(12 Aug 2015, 11:18 am)Charles41 I was there yesterday, bus station looks like a war zone.

Terrible place.

Charles

Good god.

When you say Hirst do you mean the Wansbeck Hospital/North Seaton area or the town centre? I know that the entire area was once called Hirst. 

I've walked through every part of Ashington except Fallowfields/Green Lane. Do never under any circumstances get off the X22 in that place.
omnicity4659
12 Aug 2015, 11:22 am #20

(12 Aug 2015, 11:18 am)Charles41 I was there yesterday, bus station looks like a war zone.

Terrible place.

Charles

Good god.

When you say Hirst do you mean the Wansbeck Hospital/North Seaton area or the town centre? I know that the entire area was once called Hirst. 

I've walked through every part of Ashington except Fallowfields/Green Lane. Do never under any circumstances get off the X22 in that place.

Pages (2): 1 2 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average