Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure North Tyneside Area Developments

North Tyneside Area Developments

North Tyneside Area Developments

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Malarkey

19 Mar 2016, 9:47 pm #1
I was down by the Shields Ferry this afternoon on the North Shields side of the river, and noticed that there was a road that was fenced off and not being used, this road looking at Google Maps runs along to Prince Consort Way, is there any developments planned along this site/road which is closed off, and is there any chance opening the road up allowing Go North East Service 19 a direct route from Prince Consort Way to the Ferry Terminal, and then up to North Shields Town Centre, without having to go up Dock Road into North Shields and then down to the Ferry Terminal, then having to double back on itself, Imagine there would be quite a number of minutes chalked off the Timetable, and Reliability would be significantly improved across the route as a result.
Malarkey
19 Mar 2016, 9:47 pm #1

I was down by the Shields Ferry this afternoon on the North Shields side of the river, and noticed that there was a road that was fenced off and not being used, this road looking at Google Maps runs along to Prince Consort Way, is there any developments planned along this site/road which is closed off, and is there any chance opening the road up allowing Go North East Service 19 a direct route from Prince Consort Way to the Ferry Terminal, and then up to North Shields Town Centre, without having to go up Dock Road into North Shields and then down to the Ferry Terminal, then having to double back on itself, Imagine there would be quite a number of minutes chalked off the Timetable, and Reliability would be significantly improved across the route as a result.

Adrian

19 Mar 2016, 9:55 pm #2
(19 Mar 2016, 9:47 pm)Malarkey I was down by the Shields Ferry this afternoon on the North Shields side of the river, and noticed that there was a road that was fenced off and not being used, this road looking at Google Maps runs along to Prince Consort Way, is there any developments planned along this site/road which is closed off, and is there any chance opening the road up allowing Go North East Service 19 a direct route from Prince Consort Way to the Ferry Terminal, and then up to North Shields Town Centre, without having to go up Dock Road into North Shields and then down to the Ferry Terminal, then having to double back on itself, Imagine there would be quite a number of minutes chalked off the Timetable, and Reliability would be significantly improved across the route as a result.

That was Smith's Dock. Back when we had a shipbuilding industry anyway... Sad

It's been mooted for development for years, but I don't think anything has came of it.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
19 Mar 2016, 9:55 pm #2

(19 Mar 2016, 9:47 pm)Malarkey I was down by the Shields Ferry this afternoon on the North Shields side of the river, and noticed that there was a road that was fenced off and not being used, this road looking at Google Maps runs along to Prince Consort Way, is there any developments planned along this site/road which is closed off, and is there any chance opening the road up allowing Go North East Service 19 a direct route from Prince Consort Way to the Ferry Terminal, and then up to North Shields Town Centre, without having to go up Dock Road into North Shields and then down to the Ferry Terminal, then having to double back on itself, Imagine there would be quite a number of minutes chalked off the Timetable, and Reliability would be significantly improved across the route as a result.

That was Smith's Dock. Back when we had a shipbuilding industry anyway... Sad

It's been mooted for development for years, but I don't think anything has came of it.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Malarkey

19 Mar 2016, 10:12 pm #3
(19 Mar 2016, 9:55 pm)Adrian That was Smith's Dock. Back when we had a shipbuilding industry anyway... Sad

Should just build Houses/Apartments on the site, and open up that stretch of road for the 19 to use.
Malarkey
19 Mar 2016, 10:12 pm #3

(19 Mar 2016, 9:55 pm)Adrian That was Smith's Dock. Back when we had a shipbuilding industry anyway... Sad

Should just build Houses/Apartments on the site, and open up that stretch of road for the 19 to use.

idiot

19 Mar 2016, 11:43 pm #4
And cyclists...
idiot
19 Mar 2016, 11:43 pm #4

And cyclists...

DanPicken

Banned

20 Mar 2016, 7:18 am #5
That road was meant to open a few years ago.
DanPicken
20 Mar 2016, 7:18 am #5

That road was meant to open a few years ago.

20 Mar 2016, 9:48 am #6
(20 Mar 2016, 7:18 am)DanPicken That road was meant to open a few years ago.

It be quick for the ferry replacement when the ferrys of

Best bus ever
biglugs@yahoo.com
20 Mar 2016, 9:48 am #6

(20 Mar 2016, 7:18 am)DanPicken That road was meant to open a few years ago.

It be quick for the ferry replacement when the ferrys of

Best bus ever

Andreos1

20 Mar 2016, 6:05 pm #7
To echo the comments from elsewhere, that road has been blocked off for a while now.
Certainly since construction.

Not 100% sure why it has never opened fully, although I imagine there are political motives somewhere down the line in regard - similar examples have existed with the landowner/developer and getting agreement from the local authority to adopt it.
Whether that is the case in this example, who knows?

If I remember right, bus stop layby's have been constructed.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
20 Mar 2016, 6:05 pm #7

To echo the comments from elsewhere, that road has been blocked off for a while now.
Certainly since construction.

Not 100% sure why it has never opened fully, although I imagine there are political motives somewhere down the line in regard - similar examples have existed with the landowner/developer and getting agreement from the local authority to adopt it.
Whether that is the case in this example, who knows?

If I remember right, bus stop layby's have been constructed.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average