Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Hexham Bus Station

Hexham Bus Station

Hexham Bus Station

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
BusLoverMum

04 Jan 2020, 10:26 pm #21
(04 Jan 2020, 10:15 pm)Dan I don’t think it’s too bad to be honest.

I quite like the new location and consider it to be more centrally based; whilst it’s a little further away from the shops in the town centre, it’s much closer to the hospital, and a bit closer to the rail station and the shops around that area.

The facilities are a vast improvement and it’s much better for space for the buses.  No more awkward reverse manoeuvres!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would say it's safer for passengers and pedestrians, too. There wasn't much waiting space at the old bus station and people had to cross the roads in and out of the bus station just to walk along the pavement.

The new one is also handy for the loos in markses Big Grin
BusLoverMum
04 Jan 2020, 10:26 pm #21

I quite like the new location and consider it to be more centrally based; whilst it’s a little further away from the shops in the town centre, it’s much closer to the hospital, and a bit closer to the rail station and the shops around that area.

The facilities are a vast improvement and it’s much better for space for the buses.  No more awkward reverse manoeuvres!

I would say it's safer for passengers and pedestrians, too. There wasn't much waiting space at the old bus station and people had to cross the roads in and out of the bus station just to walk along the pavement.

05 Jan 2020, 8:33 am #22
(04 Jan 2020, 10:26 pm)BusLoverMum The new one is also handy for the loos in markses Big Grin
That's always useful info for when when you're spending all day riding on buses! Big Grin Big Grin
Ianthegoon
05 Jan 2020, 8:33 am #22

(04 Jan 2020, 10:26 pm)BusLoverMum The new one is also handy for the loos in markses Big Grin
That's always useful info for when when you're spending all day riding on buses! Big Grin Big Grin

05 Jan 2020, 9:18 am #23

You'll not be surprised to hear that I'm not a fan of the location, it's way too far away from a Greggs which is the first thing I always need when I've been on a 'long' journey! 

(04 Jan 2020, 10:26 pm)BusLoverMum I would say it's safer for passengers and pedestrians, too. There wasn't much waiting space at the old bus station and people had to cross the roads in and out of the bus station just to walk along the pavement.

I find the ones in the bus station to be rather nice, at least you don't have to pay for them unlike the ones in Durham and Gateshead!
streetdeckfan
05 Jan 2020, 9:18 am #23

You'll not be surprised to hear that I'm not a fan of the location, it's way too far away from a Greggs which is the first thing I always need when I've been on a 'long' journey! 

(04 Jan 2020, 10:26 pm)BusLoverMum I would say it's safer for passengers and pedestrians, too. There wasn't much waiting space at the old bus station and people had to cross the roads in and out of the bus station just to walk along the pavement.

I find the ones in the bus station to be rather nice, at least you don't have to pay for them unlike the ones in Durham and Gateshead!

Pages (2): Previous 1 2

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average