Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2018

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2018

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2018

• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Pages (12) Previous 19 10 11 12 Next
cbma06

24 Sep 2018, 5:49 pm #181
(24 Sep 2018, 5:32 pm)Dan 718 has gone back to Saltmeadows Road for internal seat modifications - 5206 to be retained at Peterlee until these are complete.

Cheers for the info Dan.

Which solos in co operate colours that are based at Peterlee?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Edited 24 Sep 2018, 5:51 pm by cbma06.

cbma06
24 Sep 2018, 5:49 pm #181

(24 Sep 2018, 5:32 pm)Dan 718 has gone back to Saltmeadows Road for internal seat modifications - 5206 to be retained at Peterlee until these are complete.

Cheers for the info Dan.

Dan

Site Administrator

24 Sep 2018, 6:02 pm #182
(24 Sep 2018, 5:49 pm)cbma06 Cheers for the info Dan.

718, 719 and 720.

One allocated to service 206, one allocated to 452/968, and one spare to be shared across the minibus services at Peterlee.
Dan
24 Sep 2018, 6:02 pm #182

(24 Sep 2018, 5:49 pm)cbma06 Cheers for the info Dan.

718, 719 and 720.

One allocated to service 206, one allocated to 452/968, and one spare to be shared across the minibus services at Peterlee.

ne14ne1

24 Sep 2018, 7:16 pm #183
I was on a Citylink 58 Versa this afternoon which was covering on the Citylink 57 service and it wasn't playing any NSAs. I would have thought it would have had the 57's media available?
ne14ne1
24 Sep 2018, 7:16 pm #183

I was on a Citylink 58 Versa this afternoon which was covering on the Citylink 57 service and it wasn't playing any NSAs. I would have thought it would have had the 57's media available?

Jamie M

Unregistered

24 Sep 2018, 7:18 pm #184
(24 Sep 2018, 7:16 pm)ne14ne1 I was on a Citylink 58 Versa this afternoon which was covering on the Citylink 57 service and it wasn't playing any NSAs. I would have thought it would have had the 57's media available?
They are different systems. 58 versas have TFT monitors, 57 has LEDs. Different info/format would be my guess.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Jamie M
24 Sep 2018, 7:18 pm #184

(24 Sep 2018, 7:16 pm)ne14ne1 I was on a Citylink 58 Versa this afternoon which was covering on the Citylink 57 service and it wasn't playing any NSAs. I would have thought it would have had the 57's media available?
They are different systems. 58 versas have TFT monitors, 57 has LEDs. Different info/format would be my guess.

pbjd

24 Sep 2018, 7:35 pm #185
(24 Sep 2018, 7:18 pm)Jamie M They are different systems. 58 versas have TFT monitors, 57 has LEDs. Different info/format would be my guess.

The Versa's with the newer TFT monitors - Quaylinks, 8328 & 5389 have the media for all services with announcements in.

Does the 58A have NSAs?
pbjd
24 Sep 2018, 7:35 pm #185

(24 Sep 2018, 7:18 pm)Jamie M They are different systems. 58 versas have TFT monitors, 57 has LEDs. Different info/format would be my guess.

The Versa's with the newer TFT monitors - Quaylinks, 8328 & 5389 have the media for all services with announcements in.

Does the 58A have NSAs?

S813 FVK

24 Sep 2018, 7:41 pm #186
Since both systems have been used, I have thought that every service with Next Stop Announcements should have the relevant systems programmed with those announcements.

I appreciate that the TFT announcements take longer to be made due to having to go through the marvellous thing that is Microsoft Powerpoint. I also appreciate that for how many times an instance like this one happens, there probably isn't the urgency to create the media, but it should be looked at for the future (understand it has already been done on the services in the Tyne Valley), just to go a step further to providing the advertised features, Next Stop Announcements arguably being the most important one.
Edited 24 Sep 2018, 7:43 pm by S813 FVK.
S813 FVK
24 Sep 2018, 7:41 pm #186

Since both systems have been used, I have thought that every service with Next Stop Announcements should have the relevant systems programmed with those announcements.

I appreciate that the TFT announcements take longer to be made due to having to go through the marvellous thing that is Microsoft Powerpoint. I also appreciate that for how many times an instance like this one happens, there probably isn't the urgency to create the media, but it should be looked at for the future (understand it has already been done on the services in the Tyne Valley), just to go a step further to providing the advertised features, Next Stop Announcements arguably being the most important one.

GNE6312

24 Sep 2018, 7:46 pm #187
Does anyone know where 5337 & 5338 are based at and what routes they are commonly used on.
GNE6312
24 Sep 2018, 7:46 pm #187

Does anyone know where 5337 & 5338 are based at and what routes they are commonly used on.

Jamie M

Unregistered

24 Sep 2018, 7:47 pm #188
(24 Sep 2018, 7:46 pm)GNE6312 Does anyone know where 5337 & 5338 are based at and what routes they are commonly used on.
Deptford and any applicable service. They go on literally anything that isnt baby solo routes.

Jamie M
24 Sep 2018, 7:47 pm #188

(24 Sep 2018, 7:46 pm)GNE6312 Does anyone know where 5337 & 5338 are based at and what routes they are commonly used on.
Deptford and any applicable service. They go on literally anything that isnt baby solo routes.

JM03

24 Sep 2018, 7:48 pm #189

9s mostly but do make a common appearance on the 35
JM03
24 Sep 2018, 7:48 pm #189

9s mostly but do make a common appearance on the 35

Dan

Site Administrator

25 Sep 2018, 5:54 am #190

(24 Sep 2018, 7:35 pm)pbjd The Versa's with the newer TFT monitors - Quaylinks, 8328 & 5389 have the media for all services with announcements in.

Does the 58A have NSAs?

(24 Sep 2018, 7:41 pm)S813 FVK Since both systems have been used, I have thought that every service with Next Stop Announcements should have the relevant systems programmed with those announcements.

It relates to the hardware sitting behind the scenes rather than whether the screen is LED or a TFT monitor - although Jamie is right in suggesting that most of the buses with TFT monitors have the older system sitting behind the scenes.

The Quaylink vehicles (as well as the aforementioned 5389 and 8329 as two spares) were fitted with a new version of the system last year, bringing the hardware sitting behind the scenes up to the standard of a bus with an LED screen, so to speak. The Sunderland Connect and Hadrian's Wall AD122 Solos are the only other exceptions where buses with TFT monitors also have the newer system.

There are still 113 vehicles in the fleet with the older system, which is very outdated technology now (it's essentially a Windows XP computer). These cannot be updated wirelessly (using the on-bus Wi-Fi) and have a lower amount of storage space available. Because the hardware is so old, it is failing and not supported by Hanover anymore. Work is going on behind the scenes to have the hardware replaced but it's quite costly and not something that can be done overnight.

Any bus with the newer hardware is able to have audio announcements working for any route - regardless of whether it has a TFT monitor or an LED screen - and work is underway on programming the routes these buses are allocated to on evenings and Sundays (i.e. the X70/X71 at Stanley, 11 at Percy Main, and so on). The creation process for the older systems is much much longer, not forgetting the time it then takes to manually load each bus via USB (>10 minutes, which is subject to increase even further if the update process causes "damage" to the old unit). Although Go North East leads the way in the region with the on-board announcements, and has done since they invested in the technology back in 2010, this comes at the price of now having a lot of old kit which needs to be replaced.
Dan
25 Sep 2018, 5:54 am #190

(24 Sep 2018, 7:35 pm)pbjd The Versa's with the newer TFT monitors - Quaylinks, 8328 & 5389 have the media for all services with announcements in.

Does the 58A have NSAs?

(24 Sep 2018, 7:41 pm)S813 FVK Since both systems have been used, I have thought that every service with Next Stop Announcements should have the relevant systems programmed with those announcements.

It relates to the hardware sitting behind the scenes rather than whether the screen is LED or a TFT monitor - although Jamie is right in suggesting that most of the buses with TFT monitors have the older system sitting behind the scenes.

The Quaylink vehicles (as well as the aforementioned 5389 and 8329 as two spares) were fitted with a new version of the system last year, bringing the hardware sitting behind the scenes up to the standard of a bus with an LED screen, so to speak. The Sunderland Connect and Hadrian's Wall AD122 Solos are the only other exceptions where buses with TFT monitors also have the newer system.

There are still 113 vehicles in the fleet with the older system, which is very outdated technology now (it's essentially a Windows XP computer). These cannot be updated wirelessly (using the on-bus Wi-Fi) and have a lower amount of storage space available. Because the hardware is so old, it is failing and not supported by Hanover anymore. Work is going on behind the scenes to have the hardware replaced but it's quite costly and not something that can be done overnight.

Any bus with the newer hardware is able to have audio announcements working for any route - regardless of whether it has a TFT monitor or an LED screen - and work is underway on programming the routes these buses are allocated to on evenings and Sundays (i.e. the X70/X71 at Stanley, 11 at Percy Main, and so on). The creation process for the older systems is much much longer, not forgetting the time it then takes to manually load each bus via USB (>10 minutes, which is subject to increase even further if the update process causes "damage" to the old unit). Although Go North East leads the way in the region with the on-board announcements, and has done since they invested in the technology back in 2010, this comes at the price of now having a lot of old kit which needs to be replaced.

Jamie M

Unregistered

25 Sep 2018, 5:59 am #191
(25 Sep 2018, 5:54 am)Dan It relates to the hardware sitting behind the scenes rather than whether the screen is LED or a TFT monitor - although Jamie is right in suggesting that most of the buses with TFT monitors have the older system sitting behind the scenes.

Yesss!! The day came where one of my guesses was partially correct!

Jamie M
25 Sep 2018, 5:59 am #191

(25 Sep 2018, 5:54 am)Dan It relates to the hardware sitting behind the scenes rather than whether the screen is LED or a TFT monitor - although Jamie is right in suggesting that most of the buses with TFT monitors have the older system sitting behind the scenes.

Yesss!! The day came where one of my guesses was partially correct!

Pulsar

25 Sep 2018, 2:46 pm #192
Looks like 6314 has broken down at Eldon Square Stand A.

My Flickr Account - Photos from the North East and Beyond.
Pulsar
25 Sep 2018, 2:46 pm #192

Looks like 6314 has broken down at Eldon Square Stand A.

My Flickr Account - Photos from the North East and Beyond.

Tom

25 Sep 2018, 5:43 pm #193
Are there any particular workers services the ex-EYMS presidents are allocated to or is it luck of the draw?
Tom
25 Sep 2018, 5:43 pm #193

Are there any particular workers services the ex-EYMS presidents are allocated to or is it luck of the draw?

Dan

Site Administrator

25 Sep 2018, 6:06 pm #194
(25 Sep 2018, 5:43 pm)Tom Are there any particular workers services the ex-EYMS presidents are allocated to or is it luck of the draw?
Luck of the draw with Saltmeadows allocations.

It's such a tight confined space, the double deck allocation is dependent on how they roll back into the depot on a morning and on a night (i.e. last bus back on a morning will be first bus back out on afternoon).

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Dan
25 Sep 2018, 6:06 pm #194

(25 Sep 2018, 5:43 pm)Tom Are there any particular workers services the ex-EYMS presidents are allocated to or is it luck of the draw?
Luck of the draw with Saltmeadows allocations.

It's such a tight confined space, the double deck allocation is dependent on how they roll back into the depot on a morning and on a night (i.e. last bus back on a morning will be first bus back out on afternoon).

Tom

25 Sep 2018, 7:10 pm #195
(25 Sep 2018, 6:06 pm)Dan Luck of the draw with Saltmeadows allocations.

Ah cheers, wouldn't have minded a go on one. Guess I'll just have to try at some point and hope for one.
Tom
25 Sep 2018, 7:10 pm #195

(25 Sep 2018, 6:06 pm)Dan Luck of the draw with Saltmeadows allocations.

Ah cheers, wouldn't have minded a go on one. Guess I'll just have to try at some point and hope for one.

Michael

26 Sep 2018, 6:43 pm #196
Martijn Gilbert has post some photos of the new Consett depot on his Twitter - https://twitter.com/MartijnGNE/status/10...5680890881
Edited 26 Sep 2018, 6:43 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
26 Sep 2018, 6:43 pm #196

Martijn Gilbert has post some photos of the new Consett depot on his Twitter - https://twitter.com/MartijnGNE/status/10...5680890881

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

26 Sep 2018, 9:34 pm #197
What is the PVR of the 15 and does it just interwork with itself so to speak.

Been using it recently instead of the car to get between Consett & Durham and from what I've traveled on so far it seems:

During the day its allocated B9's (awful seats, but actually enjoy the overall ride on most of them) 
Evening Allocated Corporate Solos (or venture, although seems to always be a corporate at the moment) - Love the solos, have since using the 30 a few years ago.  

Sundays allocated Red Kite Streelites
WestDurhamSwift
26 Sep 2018, 9:34 pm #197

What is the PVR of the 15 and does it just interwork with itself so to speak.

Been using it recently instead of the car to get between Consett & Durham and from what I've traveled on so far it seems:

During the day its allocated B9's (awful seats, but actually enjoy the overall ride on most of them) 
Evening Allocated Corporate Solos (or venture, although seems to always be a corporate at the moment) - Love the solos, have since using the 30 a few years ago.  

Jamie M

Unregistered

26 Sep 2018, 9:36 pm #198
(26 Sep 2018, 9:34 pm)Arcticrossy92 What is the PVR of the 15 and does it just interwork with itself so to speak.

Interworks at Consett end. PVR is 3 or 4. I'd guess at 3 looking at the timetable.

Jamie M
26 Sep 2018, 9:36 pm #198

(26 Sep 2018, 9:34 pm)Arcticrossy92 What is the PVR of the 15 and does it just interwork with itself so to speak.

Interworks at Consett end. PVR is 3 or 4. I'd guess at 3 looking at the timetable.

S813 FVK

27 Sep 2018, 7:01 am #199
(26 Sep 2018, 9:36 pm)Jamie M Interworks at Consett end. PVR is 3 or 4. I'd guess at 3 looking at the timetable.

Yes its only 3.
S813 FVK
27 Sep 2018, 7:01 am #199

(26 Sep 2018, 9:36 pm)Jamie M Interworks at Consett end. PVR is 3 or 4. I'd guess at 3 looking at the timetable.

Yes its only 3.

Stanleyone

27 Sep 2018, 2:43 pm #200

3, 4th vehicle for the AM dupe.
Stanleyone
27 Sep 2018, 2:43 pm #200

3, 4th vehicle for the AM dupe.

Pages (12) Previous 19 10 11 12 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average