Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company

X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company

X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company

• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Pages (36) Previous 132 33 3436 Next
23 Apr 2021, 8:00 pm #641
Other could have been 28031 which is back in service but not tracking.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
23 Apr 2021, 8:00 pm #641

Other could have been 28031 which is back in service but not tracking.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/

Andreos1

24 Apr 2021, 9:50 am #642
(23 Apr 2021, 9:45 am)Rapidsnap Well 7156 has finally entered service.... then promply broke down on the X9 as it was returning from Middlesbrough

Possibly replaced by 6377. Noted it yesterday PM.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
24 Apr 2021, 9:50 am #642

(23 Apr 2021, 9:45 am)Rapidsnap Well 7156 has finally entered service.... then promply broke down on the X9 as it was returning from Middlesbrough

Possibly replaced by 6377. Noted it yesterday PM.

24 Apr 2021, 10:12 am #643
Watching Bus Times around the time it broke down, another coach was sent down to rescue the passengers from 7156, whilst 6377 did the journey from Newcastle it was scheduled to do. 7156 was later parked up in Riverside.

Rapidsnap
24 Apr 2021, 10:12 am #643

Watching Bus Times around the time it broke down, another coach was sent down to rescue the passengers from 7156, whilst 6377 did the journey from Newcastle it was scheduled to do. 7156 was later parked up in Riverside.

GNE6312

29 Apr 2021, 7:18 pm #644
I don't know where to put this but this seams like the right place, anyhow was wondering what GNEs stance Is on drivers playing the radio on the X9/X10 on the 2 riverside levantes 7111 & 7128 as I've never actually heard drivers play the radio on the X9/X10 although have on CLSs dupes the few times I got one of those over my usual arriva dupe have heard the radio so was just curious, I'd imagine a ride down the A19 on the X9 or X10 at 60+mph with the radio on would be somewhat fun.
GNE6312
29 Apr 2021, 7:18 pm #644

I don't know where to put this but this seams like the right place, anyhow was wondering what GNEs stance Is on drivers playing the radio on the X9/X10 on the 2 riverside levantes 7111 & 7128 as I've never actually heard drivers play the radio on the X9/X10 although have on CLSs dupes the few times I got one of those over my usual arriva dupe have heard the radio so was just curious, I'd imagine a ride down the A19 on the X9 or X10 at 60+mph with the radio on would be somewhat fun.

29 Apr 2021, 7:23 pm #645
(29 Apr 2021, 7:18 pm)GNE6312 I don't know where to put this but this seams like the right place, anyhow was wondering what GNEs stance Is on drivers playing the radio on the X9/X10 on the 2 riverside levantes 7111 & 7128 as I've never actually heard drivers play the radio on the X9/X10 although have on CLSs dupes the few times I got one of those over my usual arriva dupe have heard the radio so was just curious, I'd imagine a ride down the A19 on the X9 or X10 at 60+mph with the radio on would be somewhat fun.

GNE would need to apply for a music licence from PPL. However, when not in service, it seems to be fine to use the radio as I've found on NX coaches.
omnicity4659
29 Apr 2021, 7:23 pm #645

(29 Apr 2021, 7:18 pm)GNE6312 I don't know where to put this but this seams like the right place, anyhow was wondering what GNEs stance Is on drivers playing the radio on the X9/X10 on the 2 riverside levantes 7111 & 7128 as I've never actually heard drivers play the radio on the X9/X10 although have on CLSs dupes the few times I got one of those over my usual arriva dupe have heard the radio so was just curious, I'd imagine a ride down the A19 on the X9 or X10 at 60+mph with the radio on would be somewhat fun.

GNE would need to apply for a music licence from PPL. However, when not in service, it seems to be fine to use the radio as I've found on NX coaches.

29 Apr 2021, 7:34 pm #646
(29 Apr 2021, 7:23 pm)omnicity4659 GNE would need to apply for a music licence from PPL. However, when not in service, it seems to be fine to use the radio as I've found on NX coaches.

They did for the Christmas Angel to torture passengers, so I don't see why they would be opposed to it for the X9/X10
streetdeckfan
29 Apr 2021, 7:34 pm #646

(29 Apr 2021, 7:23 pm)omnicity4659 GNE would need to apply for a music licence from PPL. However, when not in service, it seems to be fine to use the radio as I've found on NX coaches.

They did for the Christmas Angel to torture passengers, so I don't see why they would be opposed to it for the X9/X10

col87

29 Apr 2021, 8:02 pm #647
Went on these today with my friend as needed to go to Newcastle. While they are quite comfortable to ride on they are not suitable for people with mobility issues. The steps a bit steep and no handrail on one side. So I not sure I will be using it again anytime soon.
col87
29 Apr 2021, 8:02 pm #647

Went on these today with my friend as needed to go to Newcastle. While they are quite comfortable to ride on they are not suitable for people with mobility issues. The steps a bit steep and no handrail on one side. So I not sure I will be using it again anytime soon.

GNE6312

30 Apr 2021, 9:11 am #648
Another question I have is do the elites Have NX dests as when passenger numbers get back to normal having an elite on an NX route with maybe a levante 3 on the X9/X10 would be a good trial as I imagine sn elite on NX would be an interesting trial and also the GNE ones would be a good way to advertise your brand to the costumers coming on holidays and day trips up here on NX.
GNE6312
30 Apr 2021, 9:11 am #648

Another question I have is do the elites Have NX dests as when passenger numbers get back to normal having an elite on an NX route with maybe a levante 3 on the X9/X10 would be a good trial as I imagine sn elite on NX would be an interesting trial and also the GNE ones would be a good way to advertise your brand to the costumers coming on holidays and day trips up here on NX.

RM2186

30 Apr 2021, 12:32 pm #649
Think National Express might have something to say if that ever happened along with a juicy financial penalty!
RM2186
30 Apr 2021, 12:32 pm #649

Think National Express might have something to say if that ever happened along with a juicy financial penalty!

30 Apr 2021, 3:16 pm #650
The elites are lower spec compared to NX vehicles. So what you've proposed is that people sit on an inferior vehicle just because it has X-lines on the side, which they'll see for 5 minutes of their day.
omnicity4659
30 Apr 2021, 3:16 pm #650

The elites are lower spec compared to NX vehicles. So what you've proposed is that people sit on an inferior vehicle just because it has X-lines on the side, which they'll see for 5 minutes of their day.

05 May 2021, 3:25 pm #651
[Image: 51160664645_ae8f388682_c.jpg]Go North East 7156 / X10 XLS by kieron mathews, on Flickr

7156 has entered service properly today after its brief appearance before a breakdown a couple of weeks ago

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
TEN 6083
05 May 2021, 3:25 pm #651

[Image: 51160664645_ae8f388682_c.jpg]Go North East 7156 / X10 XLS by kieron mathews, on Flickr

7156 has entered service properly today after its brief appearance before a breakdown a couple of weeks ago

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

08 May 2021, 12:17 pm #652
I've noticed that some of the graphics on timetables are depicting X-lines E400s with the front panels matching the rear instead of gold. Is this something that is planned/was planned to be rolled out in real life?

Edit: I realise that I've posted in the wrong X-lines thread, oops.
omnicity4659
08 May 2021, 12:17 pm #652

I've noticed that some of the graphics on timetables are depicting X-lines E400s with the front panels matching the rear instead of gold. Is this something that is planned/was planned to be rolled out in real life?

Andreos1

08 May 2021, 3:33 pm #653
Can anyone confirm the cleansing arrangements on the X9/10/11? Specifically the on-board toilet.

Just thinking about all this fogging that goes on, the extra measures in place for hygiene etc.
Does the same apply to the on-board toilet or are they left 'Cross Country/Northern style' and seemingly not touched all day?

(08 May 2021, 12:17 pm)omnicity4659 I've noticed that some of the graphics on timetables are depicting X-lines E400s with the front panels matching the rear instead of gold. Is this something that is planned/was planned to be rolled out in real life?

Aye, I sometimes need to triple check before posting. Just incase there's a half similar thread already.
Edited 08 May 2021, 3:34 pm by Andreos1.

Andreos1
08 May 2021, 3:33 pm #653

Can anyone confirm the cleansing arrangements on the X9/10/11? Specifically the on-board toilet.

Just thinking about all this fogging that goes on, the extra measures in place for hygiene etc.
Does the same apply to the on-board toilet or are they left 'Cross Country/Northern style' and seemingly not touched all day?

(08 May 2021, 12:17 pm)omnicity4659 I've noticed that some of the graphics on timetables are depicting X-lines E400s with the front panels matching the rear instead of gold. Is this something that is planned/was planned to be rolled out in real life?

Aye, I sometimes need to triple check before posting. Just incase there's a half similar thread already.

17 May 2021, 6:54 pm #654
So, I finally got round to trying out the Interdeck coach on the X9/X10, and they're a bit of a mixed bag for me.

First of all, the stairs. They're steep! I didn't realise on the way up, but on the way down I thought I'd missed a step! It took about 10 minutes for all the old biddies to get down when I was waiting to board!

Comfort wise, it felt about on part to the new StreetDecks to me, although it did feel a bit more unsettled on the more 'normal' roads than I expected. On the motorway though it was very smooth. 
I'm not a big fan of the seats if I'm honest, the shape of them just felt weird, they're very sculptured, with the sides being quite a bit higher and firmer than the middle, which actually made it feel as though I was sitting on the toilet until I'd sunk into the seat!

They certainly feel like they've got plenty of power, and felt like they were actually limited on the A19.

Leg room seemed adequate, it still felt a little tight on the standard seats, but the seat behind the toilet had mountains of room, and a great view of the NSA screen.

Speaking of the NSA, it seems somewhat more limited than it used to be, it no longer gives estimated journey times which was one of the things I found great, especially as someone who doesn't really know the route. Although I did appreciate the fact it truly is an express service and don't have the constant "Next Stop" blasting in your ear!

The best seat is definitely the one directly above the driver, although I did nearly knock myself out trying to sit there due to the low ceiling! You get a brilliant view out of the window, and a 240V socket! Plus the ride felt a lot smoother, maybe because you're not directly over the axel like you are sitting near the toilet.
streetdeckfan
17 May 2021, 6:54 pm #654

So, I finally got round to trying out the Interdeck coach on the X9/X10, and they're a bit of a mixed bag for me.

First of all, the stairs. They're steep! I didn't realise on the way up, but on the way down I thought I'd missed a step! It took about 10 minutes for all the old biddies to get down when I was waiting to board!

Comfort wise, it felt about on part to the new StreetDecks to me, although it did feel a bit more unsettled on the more 'normal' roads than I expected. On the motorway though it was very smooth. 
I'm not a big fan of the seats if I'm honest, the shape of them just felt weird, they're very sculptured, with the sides being quite a bit higher and firmer than the middle, which actually made it feel as though I was sitting on the toilet until I'd sunk into the seat!

They certainly feel like they've got plenty of power, and felt like they were actually limited on the A19.

Leg room seemed adequate, it still felt a little tight on the standard seats, but the seat behind the toilet had mountains of room, and a great view of the NSA screen.

Speaking of the NSA, it seems somewhat more limited than it used to be, it no longer gives estimated journey times which was one of the things I found great, especially as someone who doesn't really know the route. Although I did appreciate the fact it truly is an express service and don't have the constant "Next Stop" blasting in your ear!

The best seat is definitely the one directly above the driver, although I did nearly knock myself out trying to sit there due to the low ceiling! You get a brilliant view out of the window, and a 240V socket! Plus the ride felt a lot smoother, maybe because you're not directly over the axel like you are sitting near the toilet.

Wybus

22 Jun 2021, 3:26 pm #655
This might be a daft question, but are you allowed to travel on the X9/X10 for local journeys?

Such as Newcastle to/from Heworth using a normal one zone or all zone day ticket?
Wybus
22 Jun 2021, 3:26 pm #655

This might be a daft question, but are you allowed to travel on the X9/X10 for local journeys?

Such as Newcastle to/from Heworth using a normal one zone or all zone day ticket?

22 Jun 2021, 3:31 pm #656
(22 Jun 2021, 3:26 pm)Wybus This might be a daft question, but are you allowed to travel on the X9/X10 for local journeys?

Unless they've changed their policy recently, no.
Even going Newcastle to Gateshead requires the X9/X10 ticket (or a 5-25 ticket)
streetdeckfan
22 Jun 2021, 3:31 pm #656

(22 Jun 2021, 3:26 pm)Wybus This might be a daft question, but are you allowed to travel on the X9/X10 for local journeys?

Unless they've changed their policy recently, no.

Adrian

22 Jun 2021, 3:38 pm #657

(22 Jun 2021, 3:31 pm)streetdeckfan Unless they've changed their policy recently, no.

Just to add to this - you can get an 'X9/X10 Local North' ticket for the same price as a 'Go Zones All Zones' ticket, which covers the same area and allows you to travel between Newcastle and Peterlee on the X9/X10.

https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/day-tickets

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
22 Jun 2021, 3:38 pm #657

(22 Jun 2021, 3:31 pm)streetdeckfan Unless they've changed their policy recently, no.

Just to add to this - you can get an 'X9/X10 Local North' ticket for the same price as a 'Go Zones All Zones' ticket, which covers the same area and allows you to travel between Newcastle and Peterlee on the X9/X10.

22 Jun 2021, 3:47 pm #658
(22 Jun 2021, 3:38 pm)Adrian Just to add to this - you can get an 'X9/X10 Local North' ticket for the same price as a 'Go Zones All Zones' ticket, which covers the same area and allows you to travel between Newcastle and Peterlee on the X9/X10.

Which begs the question, why would they not just include Newcastle to Peterlee on the X9/X10 in the regular All Zone ticket, and require anyone travelling further to buy the 'Plus' ticket?
streetdeckfan
22 Jun 2021, 3:47 pm #658

(22 Jun 2021, 3:38 pm)Adrian Just to add to this - you can get an 'X9/X10 Local North' ticket for the same price as a 'Go Zones All Zones' ticket, which covers the same area and allows you to travel between Newcastle and Peterlee on the X9/X10.

Which begs the question, why would they not just include Newcastle to Peterlee on the X9/X10 in the regular All Zone ticket, and require anyone travelling further to buy the 'Plus' ticket?

Adrian

22 Jun 2021, 5:15 pm #659
(22 Jun 2021, 3:47 pm)streetdeckfan Which begs the question, why would they not just include Newcastle to Peterlee on the X9/X10 in the regular All Zone ticket, and require anyone travelling further to buy the 'Plus' ticket?

It's a very good question, but not one I have the answer to! 

First time I used the new Go Zones ticket, I (incorrectly) assumed that the All Zones ticket would be valid to Dalton Park. So you can imagine my disappointment when the ETM honked at me.

Adrian
22 Jun 2021, 5:15 pm #659

(22 Jun 2021, 3:47 pm)streetdeckfan Which begs the question, why would they not just include Newcastle to Peterlee on the X9/X10 in the regular All Zone ticket, and require anyone travelling further to buy the 'Plus' ticket?

It's a very good question, but not one I have the answer to! 

First time I used the new Go Zones ticket, I (incorrectly) assumed that the All Zones ticket would be valid to Dalton Park. So you can imagine my disappointment when the ETM honked at me.

Dan

Site Administrator

22 Jun 2021, 6:01 pm #660

To prevent people from over-riding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan
22 Jun 2021, 6:01 pm #660

To prevent people from over-riding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pages (36) Previous 132 33 3436 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average