Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Pricing

Pricing

Pricing

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Pages (89): Previous 187 88 89
10 Oct 2023, 6:55 pm #1,761
(10 Oct 2023, 3:28 pm)Retro Nero Contactless declines mainly because it's been used as contactless for a number of times and you haven't used the PIN number for quite a while. This is one of many reasons. The company don't collect the payment until the end of the day (roughly just after midnight) so it's not declined because of funds in your bank.

Ticketer machines #### Go North East, Arriva , & Gateshead Central
Retro Nero
10 Oct 2023, 6:55 pm #1,761

(10 Oct 2023, 3:28 pm)Retro Nero Contactless declines mainly because it's been used as contactless for a number of times and you haven't used the PIN number for quite a while. This is one of many reasons. The company don't collect the payment until the end of the day (roughly just after midnight) so it's not declined because of funds in your bank.

Ticketer machines #### Go North East, Arriva , & Gateshead Central

Rob44

10 Oct 2023, 7:04 pm #1,762
I "lost" my Halifax card. Canceled it on the appt . The I found it but forgot to send activate it. Worked fine to buy a ticket to town on 28. Got message hours later so reactivated it and ticket price came out later
Rob44
10 Oct 2023, 7:04 pm #1,762

I "lost" my Halifax card. Canceled it on the appt . The I found it but forgot to send activate it. Worked fine to buy a ticket to town on 28. Got message hours later so reactivated it and ticket price came out later

Andreos1

10 Oct 2023, 8:02 pm #1,763

Used contactless at a Northern Rail ticket machine a few weeks back. Was rushing and picked the first card I had. 
Didn't realise it was the one without any funds in, as opposed to the one that did have funds in. 

The machine accepted the card (was only a £4 odd Duo fare) and minutes later, I got my sms from the bank to let me know I'd gone over my overdraft limit.

I wondered at the time, whether travel is actually allowed in those situations, rather than simply declining the card and therefore travel.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
10 Oct 2023, 8:02 pm #1,763

Used contactless at a Northern Rail ticket machine a few weeks back. Was rushing and picked the first card I had. 
Didn't realise it was the one without any funds in, as opposed to the one that did have funds in. 

The machine accepted the card (was only a £4 odd Duo fare) and minutes later, I got my sms from the bank to let me know I'd gone over my overdraft limit.

I wondered at the time, whether travel is actually allowed in those situations, rather than simply declining the card and therefore travel.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

busmanT

10 Oct 2023, 9:33 pm #1,764
(30 Sep 2023, 9:21 pm)Adrian My point is that it's interesting how quick it can be done, if it's in the operators' interests to do so.

Regarding the TNE day ticket, whilst there's been some delay due to the democratic process, it's not entirely accurate to state it's all on TNE. From the reports and minutes I've read, it appears that the scheme reimbursement was proposed to a subsequent meeting, to be more favourable towards the operators? I'd written about it in the BSIP thread at the time.

Sorry, the delay is all on TNE!!

It's a TNE ticket scheme with TNE re-imbursing operators. 
Just needs TNE to reach agreement on reimbursement with the bus operators - and Metro, which is where the complication with introducing a Bus Service Improvement Plan ticket occurs, and is why it's been delayed again.
busmanT
10 Oct 2023, 9:33 pm #1,764

(30 Sep 2023, 9:21 pm)Adrian My point is that it's interesting how quick it can be done, if it's in the operators' interests to do so.

Regarding the TNE day ticket, whilst there's been some delay due to the democratic process, it's not entirely accurate to state it's all on TNE. From the reports and minutes I've read, it appears that the scheme reimbursement was proposed to a subsequent meeting, to be more favourable towards the operators? I'd written about it in the BSIP thread at the time.

Sorry, the delay is all on TNE!!

Just needs TNE to reach agreement on reimbursement with the bus operators - and Metro, which is where the complication with introducing a Bus Service Improvement Plan ticket occurs, and is why it's been delayed again.

11 Oct 2023, 2:25 am #1,765
(10 Oct 2023, 9:33 pm)busmanT Sorry, the delay is all on TNE!!

You’re saying like it’s silly that they want the ticket to be multi modal, but honestly I think it would be silly to introduce a bus only ticket. Ok, you can have a bus only multi operator ticket but if you live on South Shields Town Centre you have to get the 27 rather than the metro if you want the benefits of it. Once again operators kicking up a stink because they have to share a bit of a pot of money rather than trying to get people to use public transport as a whole.
deanmachine
11 Oct 2023, 2:25 am #1,765

(10 Oct 2023, 9:33 pm)busmanT Sorry, the delay is all on TNE!!

You’re saying like it’s silly that they want the ticket to be multi modal, but honestly I think it would be silly to introduce a bus only ticket. Ok, you can have a bus only multi operator ticket but if you live on South Shields Town Centre you have to get the 27 rather than the metro if you want the benefits of it. Once again operators kicking up a stink because they have to share a bit of a pot of money rather than trying to get people to use public transport as a whole.

11 Oct 2023, 9:15 am #1,766
(10 Oct 2023, 5:59 pm)F114TML The Vix machines don't even look at funds. It's the bank that rejects it I believe.

Our machines block cards for 45 days if a journey has been made and there hasn't been sufficient funds when Stagecoach go to collect the money from the passenger's bank later on. After 3 attempts (not sure if it's three tries at the same time, or three separate occasions) the card will be permanently blocked.

Passengers have to be reminded to contact Stagecoach Customer Services to get it unblocked in both instances.

Ask them to pay by cash, or go to an ATM then pay cash on the next bus, usually if they refuse those it's offer them a B175, which they don't seem to like...

Heard the "I've got money on there", "it does this all the time" and the "my bank said you need to update your machine" (even if everyone else's card from the same bank worked!) nonsense too many times.
omnicity4659
11 Oct 2023, 9:15 am #1,766

(10 Oct 2023, 5:59 pm)F114TML The Vix machines don't even look at funds. It's the bank that rejects it I believe.

Our machines block cards for 45 days if a journey has been made and there hasn't been sufficient funds when Stagecoach go to collect the money from the passenger's bank later on. After 3 attempts (not sure if it's three tries at the same time, or three separate occasions) the card will be permanently blocked.

Passengers have to be reminded to contact Stagecoach Customer Services to get it unblocked in both instances.

Ask them to pay by cash, or go to an ATM then pay cash on the next bus, usually if they refuse those it's offer them a B175, which they don't seem to like...

Heard the "I've got money on there", "it does this all the time" and the "my bank said you need to update your machine" (even if everyone else's card from the same bank worked!) nonsense too many times.

11 Oct 2023, 11:28 am #1,767
(11 Oct 2023, 9:15 am)omnicity4659 Our machines block cards for 45 days if a journey has been made and there hasn't been sufficient funds when Stagecoach go to collect the money from the passenger's bank later on. After 3 attempts (not sure if it's three tries at the same time, or three separate occasions) the card will be permanently blocked.

I once had my card blocked on Arriva's Tap on Tap off because it had insufficient funds, I think it showed something like 'banned card' on the reader or something like that. Funnily enough the driver never stopped me when I tapped on!

I'm fairly sure the card worked again the next day, or at least within the week
streetdeckfan
11 Oct 2023, 11:28 am #1,767

(11 Oct 2023, 9:15 am)omnicity4659 Our machines block cards for 45 days if a journey has been made and there hasn't been sufficient funds when Stagecoach go to collect the money from the passenger's bank later on. After 3 attempts (not sure if it's three tries at the same time, or three separate occasions) the card will be permanently blocked.

I once had my card blocked on Arriva's Tap on Tap off because it had insufficient funds, I think it showed something like 'banned card' on the reader or something like that. Funnily enough the driver never stopped me when I tapped on!

I'm fairly sure the card worked again the next day, or at least within the week

idiot

11 Oct 2023, 12:11 pm #1,768
What's a B175?
idiot
11 Oct 2023, 12:11 pm #1,768

What's a B175?

F114TML

11 Oct 2023, 5:57 pm #1,769
(11 Oct 2023, 12:11 pm)idiot What's a B175?

It's a form the passenger has to fill in telling the company their name and address. It's a declaration saying they will pay the fare to the company within 7 days.

[Image: image.png?ex=653962e6&is=6526ede6&hm=c78...cb9841d81&]
F114TML
11 Oct 2023, 5:57 pm #1,769

(11 Oct 2023, 12:11 pm)idiot What's a B175?

It's a form the passenger has to fill in telling the company their name and address. It's a declaration saying they will pay the fare to the company within 7 days.

[Image: image.png?ex=653962e6&is=6526ede6&hm=c78...cb9841d81&]

11 Oct 2023, 7:19 pm #1,770
Is a B175 a stagecoach only thing?
NEbushopper
11 Oct 2023, 7:19 pm #1,770

Is a B175 a stagecoach only thing?

idiot

12 Oct 2023, 5:28 am #1,771
Thanks for the info. Presumed it was something like that.
idiot
12 Oct 2023, 5:28 am #1,771

Thanks for the info. Presumed it was something like that.

cainebj

30 Oct 2023, 7:31 pm #1,772
Independent operators on contracted services have been notified this morning that the new TNE tickets are to be in place from Monday 6th November.
Pricing confirmed (as expected):
Durham Day Rover £4
Northumberland Day Rover £5
Tyne & Wear Day Rover £6
TNE Day Saver (all 3 zones) £6.80
cainebj
30 Oct 2023, 7:31 pm #1,772

Independent operators on contracted services have been notified this morning that the new TNE tickets are to be in place from Monday 6th November.
Pricing confirmed (as expected):
Durham Day Rover £4
Northumberland Day Rover £5
Tyne & Wear Day Rover £6
TNE Day Saver (all 3 zones) £6.80

Pages (89): Previous 187 88 89

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average