Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Repaints into 2019 fleet livery

Repaints into 2019 fleet livery

Repaints into 2019 fleet livery

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (20) Previous 118 19 20 Next
ne14ne1

21 Mar 2024, 6:02 am #361
(20 Mar 2024, 1:12 pm)V514DFT Not necessarily, might go back to being the red Centurion that was worn by the 75/76

Let’s hope not
ne14ne1
21 Mar 2024, 6:02 am #361

(20 Mar 2024, 1:12 pm)V514DFT Not necessarily, might go back to being the red Centurion that was worn by the 75/76

Let’s hope not

cbma06

21 Mar 2024, 11:10 am #362
I wonder if the new GNE Head of Commercial at GNE will continue with flooding the branding of services or will he go and scale back the brands and be more uniform of services and bring the GNE identity back?

Does anyone know of the background work he’s done in the past before joining GNE?

PRESS RELEASE - 21 MARCH 2024
Daniel Laird appointed as Head of Commercial at Go North East
Go North East has announced the appointment of Daniel Laird as the new Head of Commercial, effective April 22, 2024. With over 15 years of experience in the passenger transport industry, Daniel brings a wealth of expertise and leadership to the company.

Daniel has previously enjoyed excellent spells with Stagecoach Bluebird/North Scotland, and First Aberdeen after joining the industry through First’s Graduate Recruitment programme. He has led several major business projects including network and product improvements, new partnerships with businesses and local authorities, and the integration of an electric vehicle fleet in Aberdeen.

Nigel Featham, the Managing Director of Go North East, said, "We are delighted to welcome Daniel to Go North East. His extensive experience and proven track record in the industry make him a valuable addition to our leadership team. Daniel's strategy and stakeholder track record will strengthen our work with our partners in the region."

"I am thrilled to be joining Go North East and look forward to contributing to the company's continued success," said Daniel Laird. "I am eager to work with the talented team to further enhance our commercial offerings and deliver exceptional service to our passengers."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbma06
21 Mar 2024, 11:10 am #362

I wonder if the new GNE Head of Commercial at GNE will continue with flooding the branding of services or will he go and scale back the brands and be more uniform of services and bring the GNE identity back?

Does anyone know of the background work he’s done in the past before joining GNE?

Go North East has announced the appointment of Daniel Laird as the new Head of Commercial, effective April 22, 2024. With over 15 years of experience in the passenger transport industry, Daniel brings a wealth of expertise and leadership to the company.

Daniel has previously enjoyed excellent spells with Stagecoach Bluebird/North Scotland, and First Aberdeen after joining the industry through First’s Graduate Recruitment programme. He has led several major business projects including network and product improvements, new partnerships with businesses and local authorities, and the integration of an electric vehicle fleet in Aberdeen.

Nigel Featham, the Managing Director of Go North East, said, "We are delighted to welcome Daniel to Go North East. His extensive experience and proven track record in the industry make him a valuable addition to our leadership team. Daniel's strategy and stakeholder track record will strengthen our work with our partners in the region."

"I am thrilled to be joining Go North East and look forward to contributing to the company's continued success," said Daniel Laird. "I am eager to work with the talented team to further enhance our commercial offerings and deliver exceptional service to our passengers."

Andreos1

21 Mar 2024, 1:05 pm #363
(21 Mar 2024, 11:10 am)cbma06 I wonder if the new GNE Head of Commercial at GNE will continue with flooding the branding of services or will he go and scale back the brands and be more uniform of services and bring the GNE identity back?

Another Daniel. 
He's not our very own Daniel though.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
21 Mar 2024, 1:05 pm #363

(21 Mar 2024, 11:10 am)cbma06 I wonder if the new GNE Head of Commercial at GNE will continue with flooding the branding of services or will he go and scale back the brands and be more uniform of services and bring the GNE identity back?

Another Daniel. 
He's not our very own Daniel though.

mb134

21 Mar 2024, 1:39 pm #364
(21 Mar 2024, 11:10 am)cbma06 Does anyone know of the background work he’s done in the past before joining GNE?

First Aberdeen has been cut after cut for years, it's a shadow of the network that was in place 10 years ago. Routes and links totally gone, totally unsuitable vehicles. Not sure how much of that is down to an unwillingness from the company to properly resource things though. 

In terms of Bluebird, I used the 727 almost daily when I was up there. It was on a 10 minute frequency and always very busy (and used for local travel as much as the competing First services along the same corridor, despite it being an Airport bus). It's now down to a 15 minute frequency, and I'm sure it was every 20 minutes for a while though I might be wrong. Outside of that and the 59, their other services were into Aberdeenshire and I assume a fair chunk were subsidised so I'm not too sure how much impact could be had. That said, things like the Westhill and Portlethen/Stonehaven corridors have been messy for some time. 

Obviously I'm not sure on when he worked at either of those operators and what changes he has been involved in, but overall First Aberdeen in particular isn't a great example of growth/network improvements.
mb134
21 Mar 2024, 1:39 pm #364

(21 Mar 2024, 11:10 am)cbma06 Does anyone know of the background work he’s done in the past before joining GNE?

First Aberdeen has been cut after cut for years, it's a shadow of the network that was in place 10 years ago. Routes and links totally gone, totally unsuitable vehicles. Not sure how much of that is down to an unwillingness from the company to properly resource things though. 

In terms of Bluebird, I used the 727 almost daily when I was up there. It was on a 10 minute frequency and always very busy (and used for local travel as much as the competing First services along the same corridor, despite it being an Airport bus). It's now down to a 15 minute frequency, and I'm sure it was every 20 minutes for a while though I might be wrong. Outside of that and the 59, their other services were into Aberdeenshire and I assume a fair chunk were subsidised so I'm not too sure how much impact could be had. That said, things like the Westhill and Portlethen/Stonehaven corridors have been messy for some time. 

Obviously I'm not sure on when he worked at either of those operators and what changes he has been involved in, but overall First Aberdeen in particular isn't a great example of growth/network improvements.

Unber43

21 Mar 2024, 2:26 pm #365
(21 Mar 2024, 1:39 pm)mb134 First Aberdeen has been cut after cut for years, it's a shadow of the network that was in place 10 years ago. Routes and links totally gone, totally unsuitable vehicles. Not sure how much of that is down to an unwillingness from the company to properly resource things though. 

Well, this is his Linkedin page (i think) https://www.linkedin.com/in/daniel-laird-14592254/ Seems he left First Aberdeen in 2017, and went straight to SC Bluebird not sure what that network is like but if its cuts after cuts he'll do great down here
Unber43
21 Mar 2024, 2:26 pm #365

(21 Mar 2024, 1:39 pm)mb134 First Aberdeen has been cut after cut for years, it's a shadow of the network that was in place 10 years ago. Routes and links totally gone, totally unsuitable vehicles. Not sure how much of that is down to an unwillingness from the company to properly resource things though. 

Well, this is his Linkedin page (i think) https://www.linkedin.com/in/daniel-laird-14592254/ Seems he left First Aberdeen in 2017, and went straight to SC Bluebird not sure what that network is like but if its cuts after cuts he'll do great down here

Andreos1

21 Mar 2024, 4:08 pm #366

His twitter feed is full of electric car talk. 

Dunno why a bus employee would even need a car to be honest. 
Surely the network would suffice?

Andreos1
21 Mar 2024, 4:08 pm #366

His twitter feed is full of electric car talk. 

busmanT

21 Mar 2024, 7:14 pm #367

GNE has been cutting back on branding since MG left - how many branded repaints have their been since his departure?
busmanT
21 Mar 2024, 7:14 pm #367

GNE has been cutting back on branding since MG left - how many branded repaints have their been since his departure?

DeltaMan

21 Mar 2024, 7:43 pm #368
Too good for GNE to be honest.

Done a lot of good work with the Orkney tenders as well as the network around Aviemore, Buchan and Aberdeen Airport + successful launch of a fully electric Inverness city network
Edited 21 Mar 2024, 7:44 pm by DeltaMan.
DeltaMan
21 Mar 2024, 7:43 pm #368

Too good for GNE to be honest.

Done a lot of good work with the Orkney tenders as well as the network around Aviemore, Buchan and Aberdeen Airport + successful launch of a fully electric Inverness city network

Ambassador

22 Mar 2024, 12:20 am #369
(21 Mar 2024, 7:14 pm)busmanT GNE has been cutting back on branding since MG left - how many branded repaints have there been since his departure?

Supershuttle is the only one I can recall plus whatever the Tyneside links refresh will look like. 

They appear to be sensibly focusing on getting stuff into roadstripes when they do open the paint shop up.

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Ambassador
22 Mar 2024, 12:20 am #369

(21 Mar 2024, 7:14 pm)busmanT GNE has been cutting back on branding since MG left - how many branded repaints have there been since his departure?

Supershuttle is the only one I can recall plus whatever the Tyneside links refresh will look like. 

They appear to be sensibly focusing on getting stuff into roadstripes when they do open the paint shop up.

Wistfully stuck in the 90s

MurdnunoC

22 Mar 2024, 6:55 am #370
(21 Mar 2024, 4:08 pm)Andreos1 His twitter feed is full of electric car talk. 

I think you should give the Laird a chance man.
MurdnunoC
22 Mar 2024, 6:55 am #370

(21 Mar 2024, 4:08 pm)Andreos1 His twitter feed is full of electric car talk. 

I think you should give the Laird a chance man.

Andreos1

22 Mar 2024, 8:03 am #371
(22 Mar 2024, 6:55 am)MurdnunoC I think you should give the Laird a chance man.

I was prepared to. But you divnt Dan on about electric cars if you're a bus officiando. 
Maybe he just doesn't love buses as much as our very own Dan?

Andreos1
22 Mar 2024, 8:03 am #371

(22 Mar 2024, 6:55 am)MurdnunoC I think you should give the Laird a chance man.

I was prepared to. But you divnt Dan on about electric cars if you're a bus officiando. 
Maybe he just doesn't love buses as much as our very own Dan?

ne14ne1

26 Mar 2024, 5:29 am #372
(21 Mar 2024, 7:14 pm)busmanT GNE has been cutting back on branding since MG left - how many branded repaints have their been since his departure?

Unfortunately it looks like they’re still at it:

https://x.com/garyhunter91/status/1772376508171968754?s=46&t=tPuGEygnn6BhKgNFiA4yAw
ne14ne1
26 Mar 2024, 5:29 am #372

(21 Mar 2024, 7:14 pm)busmanT GNE has been cutting back on branding since MG left - how many branded repaints have their been since his departure?

Unfortunately it looks like they’re still at it:

https://x.com/garyhunter91/status/1772376508171968754?s=46&t=tPuGEygnn6BhKgNFiA4yAw

26 Mar 2024, 11:57 am #373
(26 Mar 2024, 5:29 am)ne14ne1 Unfortunately it looks like they’re still at it:

These look suspiciously like old style Envrio 400 with the Durham Diamond branding .........
WestDurhamSwift
26 Mar 2024, 11:57 am #373

(26 Mar 2024, 5:29 am)ne14ne1 Unfortunately it looks like they’re still at it:

These look suspiciously like old style Envrio 400 with the Durham Diamond branding .........

26 Mar 2024, 4:26 pm #374
(26 Mar 2024, 11:57 am)Arcticrossy92 These look suspiciously like old style Envrio 400 with the Durham Diamond branding .........

Is it not the new Drifter rebranding!!!!!!
Retro Nero
26 Mar 2024, 4:26 pm #374

(26 Mar 2024, 11:57 am)Arcticrossy92 These look suspiciously like old style Envrio 400 with the Durham Diamond branding .........

Is it not the new Drifter rebranding!!!!!!

26 Mar 2024, 6:09 pm #375
(26 Mar 2024, 4:26 pm)Retro Nero Is it not the new Drifter rebranding!!!!!!

Can't wait to see a 10year old Enviro in Xlines branding for the X5/X15, hopefully the internals have been sorted out. Maybe they are getting those lovely new seats out the driving training vehicles .....
WestDurhamSwift
26 Mar 2024, 6:09 pm #375

Can't wait to see a 10year old Enviro in Xlines branding for the X5/X15, hopefully the internals have been sorted out. Maybe they are getting those lovely new seats out the driving training vehicles .....

ALavery

26 Mar 2024, 7:10 pm #376

Drifters can’t have deckers because of the low bridge in dawdon Undecided
ALavery
26 Mar 2024, 7:10 pm #376

Drifters can’t have deckers because of the low bridge in dawdon Undecided

26 Mar 2024, 7:16 pm #377
(26 Mar 2024, 7:10 pm)ALavery Drifters can’t have deckers because of the low bridge in dawdon
Is it not a streetlight?
Edited 26 Mar 2024, 7:17 pm by Retro Nero.
Retro Nero
26 Mar 2024, 7:16 pm #377

(26 Mar 2024, 7:10 pm)ALavery Drifters can’t have deckers because of the low bridge in dawdon
Is it not a streetlight?

Unber43

26 Mar 2024, 8:58 pm #378
(26 Mar 2024, 7:16 pm)Retro Nero Is it not a streetlight?
Its an E400
Unber43
26 Mar 2024, 8:58 pm #378

(26 Mar 2024, 7:16 pm)Retro Nero Is it not a streetlight?
Its an E400

Tiger5105

27 Mar 2024, 12:19 pm #379
(26 Mar 2024, 6:09 pm)Arcticrossy92 Can't wait to see a 10year old Enviro in Xlines branding for the X5/X15, hopefully the internals have been sorted out. Maybe they are getting those lovely new seats out the driving training vehicles .....
I thought there was only 9 E400s which were for the 16, meaning the X5/15 wouldn't be getting them?

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk
Tiger5105
27 Mar 2024, 12:19 pm #379

(26 Mar 2024, 6:09 pm)Arcticrossy92 Can't wait to see a 10year old Enviro in Xlines branding for the X5/X15, hopefully the internals have been sorted out. Maybe they are getting those lovely new seats out the driving training vehicles .....
I thought there was only 9 E400s which were for the 16, meaning the X5/15 wouldn't be getting them?

27 Mar 2024, 2:40 pm #380
(27 Mar 2024, 12:19 pm)Tiger5105 I thought there was only 9 E400s which were for the 16, meaning the X5/15 wouldn't be getting them?

Thats a shame, I wonder if their is any plan for the X5/X15 or is it being downgranded. Voyager B9's seem to be the bus of choice at the moment.
WestDurhamSwift
27 Mar 2024, 2:40 pm #380

(27 Mar 2024, 12:19 pm)Tiger5105 I thought there was only 9 E400s which were for the 16, meaning the X5/15 wouldn't be getting them?

Thats a shame, I wonder if their is any plan for the X5/X15 or is it being downgranded. Voyager B9's seem to be the bus of choice at the moment.

Pages (20) Previous 118 19 20 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average