Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East App

Go North East App

Go North East App

• 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Pages (7) Previous 14 5 6 7 Next
Rob44

09 Dec 2023, 3:28 pm #81
I'm trying to work out how to get to work at weekends as the lift i used to get is finishing. Is there a way on the appt so it give you very little or no walking??? It wants me to walk from my penthouse to Haworth, get on the 52 to felling and walk from the up the bank toward wreckenton when i'd rather it gave me the time of the 27 ( stops outside penthouse) to say gathered and then connect to a 56, 57,x1 or 28?

Also it would be nice if it could tell me what time all busies to wreckenton leave Gateshead rather than having to go into each bus individually

PS i thought Saturdays were bad but Sunday mornings... my good!!
Rob44
09 Dec 2023, 3:28 pm #81

I'm trying to work out how to get to work at weekends as the lift i used to get is finishing. Is there a way on the appt so it give you very little or no walking??? It wants me to walk from my penthouse to Haworth, get on the 52 to felling and walk from the up the bank toward wreckenton when i'd rather it gave me the time of the 27 ( stops outside penthouse) to say gathered and then connect to a 56, 57,x1 or 28?

Also it would be nice if it could tell me what time all busies to wreckenton leave Gateshead rather than having to go into each bus individually

PS i thought Saturdays were bad but Sunday mornings... my good!!

BusLoverMum

09 Dec 2023, 3:36 pm #82
I would have thought it would be easier to just use a timetable and do the maths.
BusLoverMum
09 Dec 2023, 3:36 pm #82

I would have thought it would be easier to just use a timetable and do the maths.

Rob44

09 Dec 2023, 4:31 pm #83
(09 Dec 2023, 3:36 pm)BusLoverMum I would have thought it would be easier to just use a timetable and do the maths.

Its remembering the time of the buses though...... i just think the appt should give you an option of no walking ( for people with disabilities who maybe cant walk 4000 steps ( as the appt suggested)

It would also be nice to see all the buses on one particular section of road and at what time they leave.

Surely this can be incorporated in the app?? we sent a man to the moon 70 years ago!!
Rob44
09 Dec 2023, 4:31 pm #83

(09 Dec 2023, 3:36 pm)BusLoverMum I would have thought it would be easier to just use a timetable and do the maths.

Its remembering the time of the buses though...... i just think the appt should give you an option of no walking ( for people with disabilities who maybe cant walk 4000 steps ( as the appt suggested)

It would also be nice to see all the buses on one particular section of road and at what time they leave.

Surely this can be incorporated in the app?? we sent a man to the moon 70 years ago!!

Ambassador

09 Dec 2023, 4:47 pm #84
Won’t google maps or citymapper do what you want, the latter much more efficiently too

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Ambassador
09 Dec 2023, 4:47 pm #84

Won’t google maps or citymapper do what you want, the latter much more efficiently too

Wistfully stuck in the 90s

Rob44

09 Dec 2023, 5:19 pm #85
(09 Dec 2023, 4:47 pm)Ambassador Won’t google maps or citymapper do what you want, the latter much more efficiently too

never heard of the latter will try it -
Rob44
09 Dec 2023, 5:19 pm #85

(09 Dec 2023, 4:47 pm)Ambassador Won’t google maps or citymapper do what you want, the latter much more efficiently too

never heard of the latter will try it -

Storx

09 Dec 2023, 6:50 pm #86
I'm not sure where you actually get on, but if you can walk to Heworth then the 51/52 is direct from there to Wrekenton every 20 minutes, depending on direction.

It's not the quickest but I'd assume you'd want an easier journey than pissing about in Gateshead Interchange.
Storx
09 Dec 2023, 6:50 pm #86

I'm not sure where you actually get on, but if you can walk to Heworth then the 51/52 is direct from there to Wrekenton every 20 minutes, depending on direction.

It's not the quickest but I'd assume you'd want an easier journey than pissing about in Gateshead Interchange.

10 Dec 2023, 7:40 am #87
Don’t know where to put this but on bustimes it is saying there are no journey on any GNE bus.
NEbushopper
10 Dec 2023, 7:40 am #87

Don’t know where to put this but on bustimes it is saying there are no journey on any GNE bus.

Dan

Site Administrator

10 Dec 2023, 7:48 am #88
(10 Dec 2023, 7:40 am)NEbushopper Don’t know where to put this but on bustimes it is saying there are no journey on any GNE bus.

Tracking has been ropey since service resumed last Saturday. There have been a lot of buses not tracking (even though they have been running).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan
10 Dec 2023, 7:48 am #88

(10 Dec 2023, 7:40 am)NEbushopper Don’t know where to put this but on bustimes it is saying there are no journey on any GNE bus.

Tracking has been ropey since service resumed last Saturday. There have been a lot of buses not tracking (even though they have been running).

Rob44

10 Dec 2023, 8:30 am #89
(09 Dec 2023, 6:50 pm)Storx I'm not sure where you actually get on, but if you can walk to Heworth then the 51/52 is direct from there to Wrekenton every 20 minutes, depending on direction.

Its the walking bit that get me - the 27 is on my doorstep but it doesnt seem to want to put me on that bus to heworth.

The app suggest above actually put me on the 27 to heworth, the 4 to the galleries and then the x1 to wreckenton!!  iI'd rather do that than walk the 4000 steps to heworth then get one bus to wreckenton... i just think a good option on the app would be a max walking distance...
Rob44
10 Dec 2023, 8:30 am #89

(09 Dec 2023, 6:50 pm)Storx I'm not sure where you actually get on, but if you can walk to Heworth then the 51/52 is direct from there to Wrekenton every 20 minutes, depending on direction.

Its the walking bit that get me - the 27 is on my doorstep but it doesnt seem to want to put me on that bus to heworth.

The app suggest above actually put me on the 27 to heworth, the 4 to the galleries and then the x1 to wreckenton!!  iI'd rather do that than walk the 4000 steps to heworth then get one bus to wreckenton... i just think a good option on the app would be a max walking distance...

15 Dec 2023, 6:41 am #90
The GNE app is now suggesting that no buses serve the temporary stops in Durham but instead serve the bus station, that has yet to open

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk
streetdeckfan
15 Dec 2023, 6:41 am #90

The GNE app is now suggesting that no buses serve the temporary stops in Durham but instead serve the bus station, that has yet to open

BusLoverMum

15 Dec 2023, 10:55 am #91
I notice that, last week. Finding the buses you want to check is fun.
BusLoverMum
15 Dec 2023, 10:55 am #91

I notice that, last week. Finding the buses you want to check is fun.

lxbical

15 Jan 2024, 3:42 pm #92
App now shows buses that are cancelled in the departure page, not sure when it was rolled out or how it classifies a bus is cancelled

[Image: IMG_0149.PNG?ex=65b7c6fa&is=65a551fa&hm=...d96a6fcfe&]
lxbical
15 Jan 2024, 3:42 pm #92

App now shows buses that are cancelled in the departure page, not sure when it was rolled out or how it classifies a bus is cancelled

[Image: IMG_0149.PNG?ex=65b7c6fa&is=65a551fa&hm=...d96a6fcfe&]

Unber43

15 Jan 2024, 4:13 pm #93
Only took them over 2 years
Unber43
15 Jan 2024, 4:13 pm #93

Only took them over 2 years

Dan

Site Administrator

15 Jan 2024, 7:02 pm #94
(15 Jan 2024, 4:13 pm)Unber43 Only took them over 2 years

It’s only just been released by Passenger as a feature last month…

Dan
15 Jan 2024, 7:02 pm #94

(15 Jan 2024, 4:13 pm)Unber43 Only took them over 2 years

It’s only just been released by Passenger as a feature last month…

Shrek

15 Jan 2024, 7:18 pm #95
(15 Jan 2024, 7:02 pm)Dan It’s only just been released by Passenger as a feature last month…

It's a good thing to have on the app. When Arriva added it last year, I wasn't quite as angry knowing it was cancelled in advance as I would've been getting soaked just hoping at the bus stop. Hopefully will save the drivers from a few angry passengers.
Shrek
15 Jan 2024, 7:18 pm #95

(15 Jan 2024, 7:02 pm)Dan It’s only just been released by Passenger as a feature last month…

It's a good thing to have on the app. When Arriva added it last year, I wasn't quite as angry knowing it was cancelled in advance as I would've been getting soaked just hoping at the bus stop. Hopefully will save the drivers from a few angry passengers.

Dan

Site Administrator

15 Jan 2024, 7:41 pm #96
(15 Jan 2024, 7:18 pm)Shrek It's a good thing to have on the app. When Arriva added it last year, I wasn't quite as angry knowing it was cancelled in advance as I would've been getting soaked just hoping at the bus stop. Hopefully will save the drivers from a few angry passengers.

Agreed.

It is much clearer than the journey simply disappearing.

GNE requested this from Passenger years ago, so implemented it as soon as they could.

Dan
15 Jan 2024, 7:41 pm #96

(15 Jan 2024, 7:18 pm)Shrek It's a good thing to have on the app. When Arriva added it last year, I wasn't quite as angry knowing it was cancelled in advance as I would've been getting soaked just hoping at the bus stop. Hopefully will save the drivers from a few angry passengers.

Agreed.

GNE requested this from Passenger years ago, so implemented it as soon as they could.

mb134

15 Jan 2024, 8:05 pm #97
(15 Jan 2024, 7:41 pm)Dan Agreed.

It's probably also better for folk waiting in the middle of a route, compared to using the short notice cancellation page. 

Lots of folk seem to have a poor idea on how long buses take to get to their stop from the origin, so seeing the service as cancelled from their stop versus "17:30 ex Newcastle" will probably be better for passengers too. 

Hopefully this is a tad more robust than the Arriva version, where buses that lose signal mid-route occasionally show up as cancelled (unless that issue has been sorted now!).
mb134
15 Jan 2024, 8:05 pm #97

(15 Jan 2024, 7:41 pm)Dan Agreed.

It's probably also better for folk waiting in the middle of a route, compared to using the short notice cancellation page. 

Lots of folk seem to have a poor idea on how long buses take to get to their stop from the origin, so seeing the service as cancelled from their stop versus "17:30 ex Newcastle" will probably be better for passengers too. 

Hopefully this is a tad more robust than the Arriva version, where buses that lose signal mid-route occasionally show up as cancelled (unless that issue has been sorted now!).

idiot

15 Jan 2024, 8:58 pm #98
(15 Jan 2024, 8:05 pm)mb134 It's probably also better for folk waiting in the middle of a route, compared to using the short notice cancellation page. 

Defo agree long bus routes are a pain and yiu never know which one is cancelled.

Maybe on cancellation page they could do something like..
12.01 to xx via xx at 1256
idiot
15 Jan 2024, 8:58 pm #98

(15 Jan 2024, 8:05 pm)mb134 It's probably also better for folk waiting in the middle of a route, compared to using the short notice cancellation page. 

Defo agree long bus routes are a pain and yiu never know which one is cancelled.

Maybe on cancellation page they could do something like..
12.01 to xx via xx at 1256

16 Jan 2024, 2:42 am #99
Arriva have had this on their app for years, well before the big flu!

streetdeckfan
16 Jan 2024, 2:42 am #99

Arriva have had this on their app for years, well before the big flu!

16 Jan 2024, 12:39 pm #100
(16 Jan 2024, 2:42 am)streetdeckfan Arriva have had this on their app for years, well before the big flu!

I believe Stagecoach did too. Guess thats the perks of having their own apps rather than using Passenger (however SNE/ANE are paid for nationally and GNE locally)
Out of the big 3, I prefer the apps in the following order SNE - GNE - ANE.

1) Stagecoach gets first because I think in all the years I have had 1 or 2 problems which is nothing in the grand scheme of things. The buses are usually quite accurate on where they actually are and the live predicted time is top notch. 

2) I am hit or miss with GNE. Their app is bad with the live tracking. To clarify I am not talking about buses not tracking I'm talking about when they have delayed tracking. For instance I once tried to get a bus and it had already gone (bearing in mind I was 3 mins early on an evening). I the bus stop said due but the bus was still at its terminus. I live 5 mins journey from the terminus. This has happened multiple times. However the due times at the bus stop seem to be accurate.

3) Arriva is last as I cannot stand the app. It never works and it always glitches and crashes for me. I also don't like how they have minutes until but you have to go through each route. I prefer and have told my family to use bustimes.org instead of the app (for tracking).
logidoodah
16 Jan 2024, 12:39 pm #100

(16 Jan 2024, 2:42 am)streetdeckfan Arriva have had this on their app for years, well before the big flu!

I believe Stagecoach did too. Guess thats the perks of having their own apps rather than using Passenger (however SNE/ANE are paid for nationally and GNE locally)
Out of the big 3, I prefer the apps in the following order SNE - GNE - ANE.

1) Stagecoach gets first because I think in all the years I have had 1 or 2 problems which is nothing in the grand scheme of things. The buses are usually quite accurate on where they actually are and the live predicted time is top notch. 

2) I am hit or miss with GNE. Their app is bad with the live tracking. To clarify I am not talking about buses not tracking I'm talking about when they have delayed tracking. For instance I once tried to get a bus and it had already gone (bearing in mind I was 3 mins early on an evening). I the bus stop said due but the bus was still at its terminus. I live 5 mins journey from the terminus. This has happened multiple times. However the due times at the bus stop seem to be accurate.

3) Arriva is last as I cannot stand the app. It never works and it always glitches and crashes for me. I also don't like how they have minutes until but you have to go through each route. I prefer and have told my family to use bustimes.org instead of the app (for tracking).

Pages (7) Previous 14 5 6 7 Next

• 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average