Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East App

Go North East App

Go North East App

• 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Pages (7) Previous 15 6 7 Next
Shrek

16 Jan 2024, 6:41 pm #101
(16 Jan 2024, 2:42 am)streetdeckfan Arriva have had this on their app for years, well before the big flu!

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk

I've just checked and it was November 2022 that I've got an email from Arriva saying cancellations would be showing from midway through that month. If it was on the app before that, it didn't work well and their staff weren't aware of it.
Shrek
16 Jan 2024, 6:41 pm #101

(16 Jan 2024, 2:42 am)streetdeckfan Arriva have had this on their app for years, well before the big flu!

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk

I've just checked and it was November 2022 that I've got an email from Arriva saying cancellations would be showing from midway through that month. If it was on the app before that, it didn't work well and their staff weren't aware of it.

24 Mar 2024, 9:42 pm #102
Is anyone else having issues lately with the App when clicking on Explore and finding that you can see where you are on a map (albeit with no street names showing) from the blue dot but that there are no bus stops showing? This seems to happen a number of times during the day and is annoying when i need to check what buses at a stop are due. It will do this for a while and then work perfectly fine. When it's playing up like this it's no good for live tracking.
Robbie64
24 Mar 2024, 9:42 pm #102

Is anyone else having issues lately with the App when clicking on Explore and finding that you can see where you are on a map (albeit with no street names showing) from the blue dot but that there are no bus stops showing? This seems to happen a number of times during the day and is annoying when i need to check what buses at a stop are due. It will do this for a while and then work perfectly fine. When it's playing up like this it's no good for live tracking.

BusLoverMum

24 Mar 2024, 10:39 pm #103
(24 Mar 2024, 9:42 pm)Robbie64 Is anyone else having issues lately with the App when clicking on Explore and finding that you can see where you are on a map (albeit with no street names showing) from the blue dot but that there are no bus stops showing? This seems to happen a number of times during the day and is annoying when i need to check what buses at a stop are due. It will do this for a while and then work perfectly fine. When it's playing up like this it's no good for live tracking.

I'm not having that issue but it's hit or miss whether the tracking is tracking. Even on home WiFi.
BusLoverMum
24 Mar 2024, 10:39 pm #103

(24 Mar 2024, 9:42 pm)Robbie64 Is anyone else having issues lately with the App when clicking on Explore and finding that you can see where you are on a map (albeit with no street names showing) from the blue dot but that there are no bus stops showing? This seems to happen a number of times during the day and is annoying when i need to check what buses at a stop are due. It will do this for a while and then work perfectly fine. When it's playing up like this it's no good for live tracking.

I'm not having that issue but it's hit or miss whether the tracking is tracking. Even on home WiFi.

12 Apr 2024, 4:37 pm #104
About time this became a feature! https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/update-sho...-procedure
Iamtheone8483748
12 Apr 2024, 4:37 pm #104

About time this became a feature! https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/update-sho...-procedure

Adrian

15 Apr 2024, 9:18 am #105
(12 Apr 2024, 4:37 pm)Iamtheone8483748 About time this became a feature! https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/update-sho...-procedure
I presume it still takes someone to update the app?

If they can't get someone to put a tweet out or update the website regularly, should we have more confidence in this being used?

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
15 Apr 2024, 9:18 am #105

(12 Apr 2024, 4:37 pm)Iamtheone8483748 About time this became a feature! https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/update-sho...-procedure
I presume it still takes someone to update the app?

If they can't get someone to put a tweet out or update the website regularly, should we have more confidence in this being used?

Adrian

15 Apr 2024, 9:32 am #106
I think I've answered my own question...

Looking at the 4, the 10.02 departure from Houghton is missing. The app shows it not tracking, and I can't see the trip having been activated on bustimes...

Looking at the timetable, they may have been a bus short all morning?

Adrian
15 Apr 2024, 9:32 am #106

I think I've answered my own question...

Looking at the 4, the 10.02 departure from Houghton is missing. The app shows it not tracking, and I can't see the trip having been activated on bustimes...

Looking at the timetable, they may have been a bus short all morning?

15 Apr 2024, 9:36 am #107
Likewise an X20 this morning wasn't tracking or activated on bustimes, but didn't show as cancelled on the app.
Iamtheone8483748
15 Apr 2024, 9:36 am #107

Likewise an X20 this morning wasn't tracking or activated on bustimes, but didn't show as cancelled on the app.

Storx

15 Apr 2024, 9:36 am #108
(15 Apr 2024, 9:18 am)Adrian I presume it still takes someone to update the app?

I'm still surprised they still can't and still don't show live information including cancellations on the website personally. The live information should be automated and cancellations should be as easy as clicking a few buttons to cancel that bus.

It's a really poor website imo and that's before going into the absolute car crash of the fares page.
Edited 15 Apr 2024, 9:40 am by Storx.
Storx
15 Apr 2024, 9:36 am #108

(15 Apr 2024, 9:18 am)Adrian I presume it still takes someone to update the app?

I'm still surprised they still can't and still don't show live information including cancellations on the website personally. The live information should be automated and cancellations should be as easy as clicking a few buttons to cancel that bus.

It's a really poor website imo and that's before going into the absolute car crash of the fares page.

Dan

Site Administrator

15 Apr 2024, 11:16 am #109
(15 Apr 2024, 9:36 am)Storx I'm still surprised they still can't and still don't show live information including cancellations on the website personally. The live information should be automated and cancellations should be as easy as clicking a few buttons to cancel that bus.

They do - anything cancelled in the app should also be shown as cancelled on the service updates page:

https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/service-updates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan
15 Apr 2024, 11:16 am #109

(15 Apr 2024, 9:36 am)Storx I'm still surprised they still can't and still don't show live information including cancellations on the website personally. The live information should be automated and cancellations should be as easy as clicking a few buttons to cancel that bus.

They do - anything cancelled in the app should also be shown as cancelled on the service updates page:

Storx

15 Apr 2024, 2:48 pm #110
(15 Apr 2024, 11:16 am)Dan They do - anything cancelled in the app should also be shown as cancelled on the service updates page:

I'm assuming they're not doing it then as it's not showing for me? Never has either as far as I'm aware.
Storx
15 Apr 2024, 2:48 pm #110

(15 Apr 2024, 11:16 am)Dan They do - anything cancelled in the app should also be shown as cancelled on the service updates page:

I'm assuming they're not doing it then as it's not showing for me? Never has either as far as I'm aware.

Ambassador

15 Apr 2024, 9:59 pm #111
I sort of approve of this but if there’s still known cancellations, particularly on early morning or low frequency services having notice could help. It would allow people to make alternative arrangements (perhaps an extra hour in bed)
Ambassador
15 Apr 2024, 9:59 pm #111

I sort of approve of this but if there’s still known cancellations, particularly on early morning or low frequency services having notice could help. It would allow people to make alternative arrangements (perhaps an extra hour in bed)

Dan

Site Administrator

16 Apr 2024, 4:50 am #112
(15 Apr 2024, 2:48 pm)Storx I'm assuming they're not doing it then as it's not showing for me? Never has either as far as I'm aware.

I’ve certainly seen it in the past. It was more commonly used for breakdowns rather than driver related cancellations.

I understand the central control room team have lost a few more staff since then, so they may be struggling to resource updating it…

Dan
16 Apr 2024, 4:50 am #112

(15 Apr 2024, 2:48 pm)Storx I'm assuming they're not doing it then as it's not showing for me? Never has either as far as I'm aware.

I’ve certainly seen it in the past. It was more commonly used for breakdowns rather than driver related cancellations.

I understand the central control room team have lost a few more staff since then, so they may be struggling to resource updating it…

BusLoverMum

16 Apr 2024, 7:49 am #113

I'm hoping that means that the three 50s in a row supposedly cancelled are actually running, then
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

BusLoverMum
16 Apr 2024, 7:49 am #113

I'm hoping that means that the three 50s in a row supposedly cancelled are actually running, then

Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

busmanT

16 Apr 2024, 6:09 pm #114
(16 Apr 2024, 7:49 am)BusLoverMum I'm hoping that means that the three 50s in a row supposedly cancelled are actually running, then

Weren’t the level crossing gates on Boldon Lane stuck down this morning due to a failed train resulting in major diversions and delays to the 5 & 50?
busmanT
16 Apr 2024, 6:09 pm #114

(16 Apr 2024, 7:49 am)BusLoverMum I'm hoping that means that the three 50s in a row supposedly cancelled are actually running, then

Weren’t the level crossing gates on Boldon Lane stuck down this morning due to a failed train resulting in major diversions and delays to the 5 & 50?

Storx

16 Apr 2024, 6:12 pm #115
(16 Apr 2024, 4:50 am)Dan I’ve certainly seen it in the past. It was more commonly used for breakdowns rather than driver related cancellations.

Aye that would make sense, just seems like it should be connected. I'm assuming it's all database done, so don't see why Passenger couldn't make a page that can read the cancellations automatically and displayed them some way without assuming having to manually do it.

That was a dig at Passenger more than GNE, tbh.

It's a shame that the Open Bus Data API, doesn't have a section where if a bus doesn't run at all, then they get that feed so apps, like the famous BusTimes, can actually display when things aren't running. Would be a massive game changer really, rather than it just being 'unknown' like current, especially for real time displayed at bus stops etc.
Edited 16 Apr 2024, 6:15 pm by Storx.
Storx
16 Apr 2024, 6:12 pm #115

(16 Apr 2024, 4:50 am)Dan I’ve certainly seen it in the past. It was more commonly used for breakdowns rather than driver related cancellations.

Aye that would make sense, just seems like it should be connected. I'm assuming it's all database done, so don't see why Passenger couldn't make a page that can read the cancellations automatically and displayed them some way without assuming having to manually do it.

That was a dig at Passenger more than GNE, tbh.

It's a shame that the Open Bus Data API, doesn't have a section where if a bus doesn't run at all, then they get that feed so apps, like the famous BusTimes, can actually display when things aren't running. Would be a massive game changer really, rather than it just being 'unknown' like current, especially for real time displayed at bus stops etc.

RobinHood

16 Apr 2024, 8:09 pm #117
(16 Apr 2024, 6:38 pm)busmanT https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/graduate-p...commercial

£27k is an embarrassment.
RobinHood
16 Apr 2024, 8:09 pm #117

(16 Apr 2024, 6:38 pm)busmanT https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/graduate-p...commercial

£27k is an embarrassment.

BusLoverMum

16 Apr 2024, 8:23 pm #118
(16 Apr 2024, 6:09 pm)busmanT Weren’t the level crossing gates on Boldon Lane stuck down this morning due to a failed train resulting in major diversions and delays to the 5 & 50?

The service information just said there would be diversions. I'm thinking thst wires got crossed for them to show as cancelled because at least once of those three passed our house. I haven't checked bustimes.

(16 Apr 2024, 8:23 pm)BusLoverMum The service information just said there would be diversions. I'm thinking thst wires got crossed for them to show as cancelled because at least once of those three passed our house. I haven't checked bustimes.
Have now. Bustimes shows the gap clearly but looks like the third one ran from Durham, which will be the one I saw. Maybe the service information needed to be more honest.
Edited 16 Apr 2024, 8:32 pm by BusLoverMum.
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

BusLoverMum
16 Apr 2024, 8:23 pm #118

(16 Apr 2024, 6:09 pm)busmanT Weren’t the level crossing gates on Boldon Lane stuck down this morning due to a failed train resulting in major diversions and delays to the 5 & 50?

The service information just said there would be diversions. I'm thinking thst wires got crossed for them to show as cancelled because at least once of those three passed our house. I haven't checked bustimes.

(16 Apr 2024, 8:23 pm)BusLoverMum The service information just said there would be diversions. I'm thinking thst wires got crossed for them to show as cancelled because at least once of those three passed our house. I haven't checked bustimes.
Have now. Bustimes shows the gap clearly but looks like the third one ran from Durham, which will be the one I saw. Maybe the service information needed to be more honest.

Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

Ambassador

16 Apr 2024, 8:32 pm #119
(16 Apr 2024, 8:09 pm)RobinHood £27k is an embarrassment.

It’s inline with the North Esst average for a first time graduate role. Slightly higher than many I’ve seen advertised, especially for a 2:2 requirement too which is unusual, most won’t consider a 2:2

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Ambassador
16 Apr 2024, 8:32 pm #119

(16 Apr 2024, 8:09 pm)RobinHood £27k is an embarrassment.

It’s inline with the North Esst average for a first time graduate role. Slightly higher than many I’ve seen advertised, especially for a 2:2 requirement too which is unusual, most won’t consider a 2:2

Wistfully stuck in the 90s

Storx

16 Apr 2024, 8:40 pm #120
(16 Apr 2024, 8:32 pm)Ambassador It’s inline with the North Esst average for a first time graduate role. Slightly higher than many I’ve seen advertised, especially for a 2:2 requirement too which is unusual, most won’t consider a 2:2

Can't imagine there'd be many wanting to work in buses, bit of a dead end area with crap wages higher up, compared to other areas and that's from someone with the degree they're asking for.

It was the PSV licence part which is more baffling for me, not sure why any graduate, who's spent years at university, would exactly be excited by that.
Storx
16 Apr 2024, 8:40 pm #120

(16 Apr 2024, 8:32 pm)Ambassador It’s inline with the North Esst average for a first time graduate role. Slightly higher than many I’ve seen advertised, especially for a 2:2 requirement too which is unusual, most won’t consider a 2:2

Can't imagine there'd be many wanting to work in buses, bit of a dead end area with crap wages higher up, compared to other areas and that's from someone with the degree they're asking for.

It was the PSV licence part which is more baffling for me, not sure why any graduate, who's spent years at university, would exactly be excited by that.

Pages (7) Previous 15 6 7 Next

• 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average