Menu

North East Buses The Canteen Off-topic bus chat Serving a Bus Station Twice

Serving a Bus Station Twice

Serving a Bus Station Twice

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

05 Jul 2022, 7:20 pm #1
As from 24th July the GNE 20 will serve park lane twice and the 84/85 will serve concord twice I was wondering if there are any other services past or present that have stopped in the same bus station twice. 

I already know of the 168 (Hetton) and W5/W6 (The Galleries).

Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/
ASX_Terranova
05 Jul 2022, 7:20 pm #1

As from 24th July the GNE 20 will serve park lane twice and the 84/85 will serve concord twice I was wondering if there are any other services past or present that have stopped in the same bus station twice. 

I already know of the 168 (Hetton) and W5/W6 (The Galleries).

05 Jul 2022, 9:55 pm #2
Where’s this about the 20?
ThomasBooth123
05 Jul 2022, 9:55 pm #2

Where’s this about the 20?

Storx

05 Jul 2022, 11:21 pm #3
Surely it would only serve the bus station once and the end of the route is actually somewhere on the loop since no-one is realistically going to go all the way round.

Otherwise you might aswell add every single bus route with a bus station en route somewhere.
Storx
05 Jul 2022, 11:21 pm #3

Surely it would only serve the bus station once and the end of the route is actually somewhere on the loop since no-one is realistically going to go all the way round.

Otherwise you might aswell add every single bus route with a bus station en route somewhere.

06 Jul 2022, 8:41 am #4
(05 Jul 2022, 11:21 pm)Storx Surely it would only serve the bus station once and the end of the route is actually somewhere on the loop since no-one is realistically going to go all the way round.

I've just looked on traveline, the GNE 20 will serve stands E & L.
Seems a bit odd, any idea why this the case?
Attached Files
.pdf
call (1).pdf
Size 578.79 KB / Downloads 14

ASX_Terranova
06 Jul 2022, 8:41 am #4

(05 Jul 2022, 11:21 pm)Storx Surely it would only serve the bus station once and the end of the route is actually somewhere on the loop since no-one is realistically going to go all the way round.

I've just looked on traveline, the GNE 20 will serve stands E & L.

Attached Files
.pdf
call (1).pdf
Size 578.79 KB / Downloads 14

Unber43

06 Jul 2022, 8:49 am #5
THere is a stand clash with the X20 from Stand L
Unber43
06 Jul 2022, 8:49 am #5

THere is a stand clash with the X20 from Stand L

tcts24

06 Jul 2022, 8:51 am #6
The way I've read it, the Park Lane is listed twice but will only be served once either directly or via Burdon Road. Seem to remember Robson's 368 Stockton - Port Clarence serving Billingham town centre twice but only in one direction. Billingham is hardly a bus station but it still counts right?
tcts24
06 Jul 2022, 8:51 am #6

The way I've read it, the Park Lane is listed twice but will only be served once either directly or via Burdon Road. Seem to remember Robson's 368 Stockton - Port Clarence serving Billingham town centre twice but only in one direction. Billingham is hardly a bus station but it still counts right?

Storx

06 Jul 2022, 9:05 am #7
(06 Jul 2022, 8:41 am)ASX_Terranova I've just looked on traveline, the GNE 20 will serve stands E & L.

It seems like the buses going into stand L aren't going around the loop whereas the ones serving Stand E (no-one will be getting on there anyway) which is on the outside stands so it must be easier for the buses to continue on the loop afterwards.

Btw for your original post, the only bus route that I can think of that properly services a bus station twice is the 51/52. Once going through towards Low Fell then at the end of the loop. Since it then returns it will be marked twice on the timetable. The 20 officially terminates at Burdon Road.
Storx
06 Jul 2022, 9:05 am #7

(06 Jul 2022, 8:41 am)ASX_Terranova I've just looked on traveline, the GNE 20 will serve stands E & L.

It seems like the buses going into stand L aren't going around the loop whereas the ones serving Stand E (no-one will be getting on there anyway) which is on the outside stands so it must be easier for the buses to continue on the loop afterwards.

Btw for your original post, the only bus route that I can think of that properly services a bus station twice is the 51/52. Once going through towards Low Fell then at the end of the loop. Since it then returns it will be marked twice on the timetable. The 20 officially terminates at Burdon Road.

morritt89

06 Jul 2022, 1:10 pm #8
700 - stand H towards the Hospital and stand G towards St Peters. That manages to confuse people....
morritt89
06 Jul 2022, 1:10 pm #8

700 - stand H towards the Hospital and stand G towards St Peters. That manages to confuse people....

06 Jul 2022, 4:46 pm #9
Re the 20 is'nt it that heading East it calls at Stand E before terminating at Burdon Road, or heading West calls at Stand L before heading to Durham?
With the few Eastbound Stand L runs being peak terminating services
stagecoachbusdepot
06 Jul 2022, 4:46 pm #9

Re the 20 is'nt it that heading East it calls at Stand E before terminating at Burdon Road, or heading West calls at Stand L before heading to Durham?
With the few Eastbound Stand L runs being peak terminating services

06 Jul 2022, 5:34 pm #10
(06 Jul 2022, 9:05 am)Storx It seems like the buses going into stand L aren't going around the loop whereas the ones serving Stand E (no-one will be getting on there anyway) which is on the outside stands so it must be easier for the buses to continue on the loop afterwards.

In the past there was a M1/M2 that did it at the Metrocentre, 683 did Hexham, the 45/46 did Consett, Also the 718/719 (again Consett). 

Will the 47, 84/85, X45 count after the changes?
Attached Files
.pdf
m1_m2.pdf
Size 46.35 KB / Downloads 11

ASX_Terranova
06 Jul 2022, 5:34 pm #10

(06 Jul 2022, 9:05 am)Storx It seems like the buses going into stand L aren't going around the loop whereas the ones serving Stand E (no-one will be getting on there anyway) which is on the outside stands so it must be easier for the buses to continue on the loop afterwards.

In the past there was a M1/M2 that did it at the Metrocentre, 683 did Hexham, the 45/46 did Consett, Also the 718/719 (again Consett). 

Attached Files
.pdf
m1_m2.pdf
Size 46.35 KB / Downloads 11

Unber43

06 Jul 2022, 6:57 pm #11
(06 Jul 2022, 5:34 pm)ASX_Terranova In the past there was a M1/M2 that did it at the Metrocentre, 683 did Hexham, the 45/46 did Consett, Also the 718/719 (again Consett). 

Im pretty sure several hexham services pass through the bus station more than once
Unber43
06 Jul 2022, 6:57 pm #11

(06 Jul 2022, 5:34 pm)ASX_Terranova In the past there was a M1/M2 that did it at the Metrocentre, 683 did Hexham, the 45/46 did Consett, Also the 718/719 (again Consett). 

Im pretty sure several hexham services pass through the bus station more than once

06 Jul 2022, 8:58 pm #12
683 is currently the only service that serves Hexham Bus Station more than once in a single trip, but prevous varients would have done the same BUT it only applies to the new bus station as when the old bus station was open, eastbound town services stopped on Priestpopple which was outside of the bus station.

Think Alnwick town service used to do the same at Alnwick Bus Station too.

When the Ryton Hub bus station / stand was open, some of the R services made repeated visits.

When Seaham Harbour bus station was still around, I'm sure a local service did a repeat visit.

I would also look at Winlaton Bus Station, possible services do or did repeat visits.

As already mentioned
51/52 at Gateshead.
168 at Hetton Le Hole.
683 at Hexham Bus Station.
700 at Sunderland Interchange.

Did 45/46 actually terminated at Delves Lane or was it Newcastle - Consett - Delves Lane - Consett, then the same on the return. Would probably have to look at the timetable in regards to that one.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
06 Jul 2022, 8:58 pm #12

683 is currently the only service that serves Hexham Bus Station more than once in a single trip, but prevous varients would have done the same BUT it only applies to the new bus station as when the old bus station was open, eastbound town services stopped on Priestpopple which was outside of the bus station.

Think Alnwick town service used to do the same at Alnwick Bus Station too.

When the Ryton Hub bus station / stand was open, some of the R services made repeated visits.

When Seaham Harbour bus station was still around, I'm sure a local service did a repeat visit.

I would also look at Winlaton Bus Station, possible services do or did repeat visits.

As already mentioned
51/52 at Gateshead.
168 at Hetton Le Hole.
683 at Hexham Bus Station.
700 at Sunderland Interchange.

Did 45/46 actually terminated at Delves Lane or was it Newcastle - Consett - Delves Lane - Consett, then the same on the return. Would probably have to look at the timetable in regards to that one.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.

Unber43

06 Jul 2022, 9:01 pm #13
Well one service technically still does stop at Seaham twice, the 62 stops on the X6 side to Peterlee and then swings around to the 65 stop to Durham, however on the return it uses the X6 to Sunderland stop I have no idea why it doesn't use the 71 stop towards the train station
Unber43
06 Jul 2022, 9:01 pm #13

Well one service technically still does stop at Seaham twice, the 62 stops on the X6 side to Peterlee and then swings around to the 65 stop to Durham, however on the return it uses the X6 to Sunderland stop I have no idea why it doesn't use the 71 stop towards the train station

06 Jul 2022, 9:23 pm #14
Past services that I can think of that served the same bus station twice are the old Go-Ahead 291/2 in Washington. Both were circular routes to Heworth and I'm sure they both served Concord twice. Pretty sure the old Washington services 177/8 did the same back in the late 80s/90s
Washingtonian
06 Jul 2022, 9:23 pm #14

Past services that I can think of that served the same bus station twice are the old Go-Ahead 291/2 in Washington. Both were circular routes to Heworth and I'm sure they both served Concord twice. Pretty sure the old Washington services 177/8 did the same back in the late 80s/90s

Andreos1

06 Jul 2022, 10:12 pm #15
Although not quite falling in to the category of the thread, surely the 84 counts or at the very least comes close?
It takes the best part of 10mins to go from one side of the roundabout at Wear Interchange on the A195 to the other when heading to Concord.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
06 Jul 2022, 10:12 pm #15

Although not quite falling in to the category of the thread, surely the 84 counts or at the very least comes close?
It takes the best part of 10mins to go from one side of the roundabout at Wear Interchange on the A195 to the other when heading to Concord.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

col87

14 Jul 2022, 9:17 pm #16
I think a few former Middlesbrough started at the Bus Station went somewhere else then went back into the bus station to go somewhere else.

In Hartlepool the Gateway Bridge is classed as the interchange now so technically two journeys a day on the 7 towards the Headland stop there twice. The 527 when Arriva operated it for that reason also served it twice.
col87
14 Jul 2022, 9:17 pm #16

I think a few former Middlesbrough started at the Bus Station went somewhere else then went back into the bus station to go somewhere else.

In Hartlepool the Gateway Bridge is classed as the interchange now so technically two journeys a day on the 7 towards the Headland stop there twice. The 527 when Arriva operated it for that reason also served it twice.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average