September 2022 Service Changes

September 2022 Service Changes

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (20) Previous 117 18 19 20 Next
Adrian

05 Sep 2022, 3:34 pm #341
(05 Sep 2022, 10:43 am)Aaron21 Was the 65 change a good idea

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=10224]

It's more so a stupid and premature tweet to put out. Talk about scoring own goals!

Looking at bustimes now (and in hope Streetdeckfan doesn't have a pop at me too!), I can see that out of the three buses on the map, there's only the one running with any delay (10 minutes) late into Hetton. To get through Durham/Gilesgate/Belmont and only be 10 minutes late is good going in term time & rush hour, no matter whether your bus is every 10 minutes or every hour.

(05 Sep 2022, 2:22 pm)streetdeckfan Do you have anything better to do than sit on BusTimes? It's frankly boring seeing your constant updates!

I mean on the same token, he could ask whether you have better things to do than berate enthusiasts that are using BusTimes?

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
05 Sep 2022, 3:34 pm #341

(05 Sep 2022, 10:43 am)Aaron21 Was the 65 change a good idea

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=10224]

It's more so a stupid and premature tweet to put out. Talk about scoring own goals!

Looking at bustimes now (and in hope Streetdeckfan doesn't have a pop at me too!), I can see that out of the three buses on the map, there's only the one running with any delay (10 minutes) late into Hetton. To get through Durham/Gilesgate/Belmont and only be 10 minutes late is good going in term time & rush hour, no matter whether your bus is every 10 minutes or every hour.

(05 Sep 2022, 2:22 pm)streetdeckfan Do you have anything better to do than sit on BusTimes? It's frankly boring seeing your constant updates!

I mean on the same token, he could ask whether you have better things to do than berate enthusiasts that are using BusTimes?

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

05 Sep 2022, 3:45 pm #342
(05 Sep 2022, 3:34 pm)Adrian It's more so a stupid and premature tweet to put out. Talk about scoring own goals!

If 90% of your posts were just regurgitating what we can all see on Bustimes, then maybe I'd have a pop at you. But you're clear for the moment!
streetdeckfan
05 Sep 2022, 3:45 pm #342

(05 Sep 2022, 3:34 pm)Adrian It's more so a stupid and premature tweet to put out. Talk about scoring own goals!

If 90% of your posts were just regurgitating what we can all see on Bustimes, then maybe I'd have a pop at you. But you're clear for the moment!

05 Sep 2022, 6:08 pm #343
Is Consett running the peak X21? Apparently there was an E400 running it and I don't believe any transferred to Riverside
streetdeckfan
05 Sep 2022, 6:08 pm #343

Is Consett running the peak X21? Apparently there was an E400 running it and I don't believe any transferred to Riverside

Unber43

05 Sep 2022, 6:09 pm #344
(05 Sep 2022, 6:08 pm)streetdeckfan Is Consett running the peak X21? Apparently there was an E400 running it and I don't believe any transferred to Riverside
It runs off a 91 which is operated by consett
Unber43
05 Sep 2022, 6:09 pm #344

(05 Sep 2022, 6:08 pm)streetdeckfan Is Consett running the peak X21? Apparently there was an E400 running it and I don't believe any transferred to Riverside
It runs off a 91 which is operated by consett

Andreos1

05 Sep 2022, 6:11 pm #345
(05 Sep 2022, 3:45 pm)streetdeckfan If 90% of your posts were just regurgitating what we can all see on Bustimes, then maybe I'd have a pop at you. But you're clear for the moment!

I think we are all guilty of regurgitation.

Anyway, how's that X21 doing?

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
05 Sep 2022, 6:11 pm #345

(05 Sep 2022, 3:45 pm)streetdeckfan If 90% of your posts were just regurgitating what we can all see on Bustimes, then maybe I'd have a pop at you. But you're clear for the moment!

I think we are all guilty of regurgitation.

05 Sep 2022, 6:14 pm #346
(05 Sep 2022, 6:11 pm)Andreos1 I think we are all guilty of regurgitation.

Good question, I haven't been out on it so I wouldn't know! But from what has been regurgitated things haven't been going well.

And, unlike some others, I don't pretend I've been out just to complain!
streetdeckfan
05 Sep 2022, 6:14 pm #346

(05 Sep 2022, 6:11 pm)Andreos1 I think we are all guilty of regurgitation.

Good question, I haven't been out on it so I wouldn't know! But from what has been regurgitated things haven't been going well.

And, unlike some others, I don't pretend I've been out just to complain!

V514DFT

06 Sep 2022, 7:18 am #347
(05 Sep 2022, 3:13 pm)MurdnunoC It's the sensationalism that annoys me.

A690 CORRIDOR FREQUENCY REDUCED BY HALF! WHAT A DISGRACE! 
8 OUT OF 11 BUSES CANCELLED. SHAMBLES!!!

I mean, he's not wrong, but his reporting is reminiscent of an attention-seeking gammon rag.
Attention seeking gammon rag,im in tears with laughter

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
06 Sep 2022, 7:18 am #347

I mean, he's not wrong, but his reporting is reminiscent of an attention-seeking gammon rag.
Attention seeking gammon rag,im in tears with laughter

Kind Regards
Tez

Dan

Site Administrator

06 Sep 2022, 7:38 am #348

We import two thirds of our cheese...

THAT. IS. A. DISGRACE.
Dan
06 Sep 2022, 7:38 am #348

We import two thirds of our cheese...

THAT. IS. A. DISGRACE.

cbma06

06 Sep 2022, 9:48 am #349
(06 Sep 2022, 7:38 am)Dan We import two thirds of our cheese...

THAT. IS. A. DISGRACE.

We import everything since the government sold everything off, the conditions of joining the EU was to close down our industrial factories, ship building and close the coal mines and just import everything, since leaving the EU (sort of leaving, due to boris bent over and asked the EU how far do you want to go ) we need to start up industries instead of being a 3rd,4th,5th,6th world country , the EU bleed this country dry to the bones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbma06
06 Sep 2022, 9:48 am #349

(06 Sep 2022, 7:38 am)Dan We import two thirds of our cheese...

THAT. IS. A. DISGRACE.

We import everything since the government sold everything off, the conditions of joining the EU was to close down our industrial factories, ship building and close the coal mines and just import everything, since leaving the EU (sort of leaving, due to boris bent over and asked the EU how far do you want to go ) we need to start up industries instead of being a 3rd,4th,5th,6th world country , the EU bleed this country dry to the bones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drifter60

06 Sep 2022, 10:46 am #350

Glass houses and stones. Anyhow, While I agree with what you’re saying, it can be tedious, he does have a point on this one. The 65 was heavily delayed before this recent drop in frequency with parts of the route dropped altogether due to late running or buses running up to 20 minutes late etc. So the fact that now people have less buses each hour, 1ph instead of 2ph and it’s still running 20 minutes late - it’s quite frankly a shambles. A gap of 1hr20mins between services? No doubt people will stop using it as its as reliable as a chocolate fireguard, then in a few months time, the ‘there isn’t enough passengers to cover our costs’ line will be trotted out…
Drifter60
06 Sep 2022, 10:46 am #350

Glass houses and stones. Anyhow, While I agree with what you’re saying, it can be tedious, he does have a point on this one. The 65 was heavily delayed before this recent drop in frequency with parts of the route dropped altogether due to late running or buses running up to 20 minutes late etc. So the fact that now people have less buses each hour, 1ph instead of 2ph and it’s still running 20 minutes late - it’s quite frankly a shambles. A gap of 1hr20mins between services? No doubt people will stop using it as its as reliable as a chocolate fireguard, then in a few months time, the ‘there isn’t enough passengers to cover our costs’ line will be trotted out…

06 Sep 2022, 3:31 pm #351
Thanks to bad management (of my headphones), I had to double back on myself this morning to pick them up meaning I got to ride a new StreetDeck, a B5, and the 6 cylinder StreetDeck back to back to back.
I must say, I'm very impressed with the new StreetDecks on the X21 route, they are really comfortable in comparison to the B5s, they also seem a lot quieter. At the speed limiter they're nowhere near as loud as the older batches, and probably actually a bit nicer than the B5s. It did struggle quite a bit on the bank at Coundon, but once it eventually kicked down it was fine.
I still think the seats are a downgrade though, they don't seem to be as soft as the red/blue leather ones, but they are a bit softer than the blue e-leather of the 16 plates.

As for the 6 cylinder StreetDeck, the suspension doesn't seem to be anywhere as near as nice as on the 4 cylinders, it's a lot more crashy and harsh, especially along the A688 at Binchester. It also seemed to be a bit poorly, with the stop/start system refusing to start back up! Every time it kicked in, the driver would have to fully turn off the bus, wait, and restart it to get it going again. One thing that was great about it was how smooth the engine was, at idle you genuinely couldn't tell upstairs that the engine was still running, and even at the speed limiter it was nice and quiet. Much better than it was last time I was on it (which I think was when it was brand new, so probably not broken in properly). I think the biggest compliment I could give it is that I forgot to even pay attention to what it was like!

Basically, despite now quite liking the B5s, if they were to replace them with the new StreetDecks, I think it would be alright, but I really would prefer if they swapped the old interiors over!
streetdeckfan
06 Sep 2022, 3:31 pm #351

Thanks to bad management (of my headphones), I had to double back on myself this morning to pick them up meaning I got to ride a new StreetDeck, a B5, and the 6 cylinder StreetDeck back to back to back.
I must say, I'm very impressed with the new StreetDecks on the X21 route, they are really comfortable in comparison to the B5s, they also seem a lot quieter. At the speed limiter they're nowhere near as loud as the older batches, and probably actually a bit nicer than the B5s. It did struggle quite a bit on the bank at Coundon, but once it eventually kicked down it was fine.
I still think the seats are a downgrade though, they don't seem to be as soft as the red/blue leather ones, but they are a bit softer than the blue e-leather of the 16 plates.

As for the 6 cylinder StreetDeck, the suspension doesn't seem to be anywhere as near as nice as on the 4 cylinders, it's a lot more crashy and harsh, especially along the A688 at Binchester. It also seemed to be a bit poorly, with the stop/start system refusing to start back up! Every time it kicked in, the driver would have to fully turn off the bus, wait, and restart it to get it going again. One thing that was great about it was how smooth the engine was, at idle you genuinely couldn't tell upstairs that the engine was still running, and even at the speed limiter it was nice and quiet. Much better than it was last time I was on it (which I think was when it was brand new, so probably not broken in properly). I think the biggest compliment I could give it is that I forgot to even pay attention to what it was like!

Basically, despite now quite liking the B5s, if they were to replace them with the new StreetDecks, I think it would be alright, but I really would prefer if they swapped the old interiors over!

Andreos1

06 Sep 2022, 4:29 pm #352
(06 Sep 2022, 3:31 pm)streetdeckfan Thanks to bad management (of my headphones), I had to double back on myself this morning to pick them up meaning I got to ride a new StreetDeck, a B5, and the 6 cylinder StreetDeck back to back to back.

Do you have nothing better to do than talk about the X21 and get the X21?
Frankly, it's getting boring  Wink

Andreos1
06 Sep 2022, 4:29 pm #352

(06 Sep 2022, 3:31 pm)streetdeckfan Thanks to bad management (of my headphones), I had to double back on myself this morning to pick them up meaning I got to ride a new StreetDeck, a B5, and the 6 cylinder StreetDeck back to back to back.

Do you have nothing better to do than talk about the X21 and get the X21?

Rob44

06 Sep 2022, 4:45 pm #353
(06 Sep 2022, 4:29 pm)Andreos1 Do you have nothing better to do than talk about the X21 and get the X21?
 like Wink
Rob44
06 Sep 2022, 4:45 pm #353

(06 Sep 2022, 4:29 pm)Andreos1 Do you have nothing better to do than talk about the X21 and get the X21?
 like Wink

06 Sep 2022, 5:18 pm #354
Sadly I don't!
Frankly, I'm boring

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
streetdeckfan
06 Sep 2022, 5:18 pm #354

Sadly I don't!
Frankly, I'm boring

06 Sep 2022, 8:41 pm #355
The short notice journey notifications page on the GNE website hasn't been updated for a couple of days and a message has now appeared that states "Unfortunately, due to unforeseen technical issues, we’re currently unable to provide an update regarding short notice cancellations. We’re hoping to be back up and running very soon. If your bus hasn’t turned up, we’re very sorry that we couldn’t let you know in advance.". Apparently, the customer service line was also down yesterday though I don't know if it was back up again today. The twitter feed hasn't been updated since yesterday. The last twitter message stated "Unfortunately, we're currently experiencing technical problems and we're unable to respond to messages or answer phone calls. We're very sorry, we'll get back to you as soon as we can."

I'm assuming these technical issues must be serious enough to effectively stop any communication from GNE from happening by any means (other than checking the GNE app for live bus times or even using bustimes). Given how many buses had been cancelled yesterday (Monday) it's going to cause even more problems if people don't even have an indication in advance that a particular service isn't running.

Does anyone know what these technical issues are (someone on twitter posted there was a company wide problem that was affecting all web based services with a suggestion that there may have been a server hack).
Robbie64
06 Sep 2022, 8:41 pm #355

The short notice journey notifications page on the GNE website hasn't been updated for a couple of days and a message has now appeared that states "Unfortunately, due to unforeseen technical issues, we’re currently unable to provide an update regarding short notice cancellations. We’re hoping to be back up and running very soon. If your bus hasn’t turned up, we’re very sorry that we couldn’t let you know in advance.". Apparently, the customer service line was also down yesterday though I don't know if it was back up again today. The twitter feed hasn't been updated since yesterday. The last twitter message stated "Unfortunately, we're currently experiencing technical problems and we're unable to respond to messages or answer phone calls. We're very sorry, we'll get back to you as soon as we can."

I'm assuming these technical issues must be serious enough to effectively stop any communication from GNE from happening by any means (other than checking the GNE app for live bus times or even using bustimes). Given how many buses had been cancelled yesterday (Monday) it's going to cause even more problems if people don't even have an indication in advance that a particular service isn't running.

Does anyone know what these technical issues are (someone on twitter posted there was a company wide problem that was affecting all web based services with a suggestion that there may have been a server hack).

Rob44

06 Sep 2022, 9:26 pm #356
(06 Sep 2022, 8:41 pm)Robbie64 The short notice journey notifications page on the GNE website hasn't been updated for a couple of days and a message has now appeared that states "Unfortunately, due to unforeseen technical issues, we’re currently unable to provide an update regarding short notice cancellations. We’re hoping to be back up and running very soon. If your bus hasn’t turned up, we’re very sorry that we couldn’t let you know in advance.". Apparently, the customer service line was also down yesterday though I don't know if it was back up again today. The twitter feed hasn't been updated since yesterday. The last twitter message stated "Unfortunately, we're currently experiencing technical problems and we're unable to respond to messages or answer phone calls. We're very sorry, we'll get back to you as soon as we can."

Cyber attack
Rob44
06 Sep 2022, 9:26 pm #356

(06 Sep 2022, 8:41 pm)Robbie64 The short notice journey notifications page on the GNE website hasn't been updated for a couple of days and a message has now appeared that states "Unfortunately, due to unforeseen technical issues, we’re currently unable to provide an update regarding short notice cancellations. We’re hoping to be back up and running very soon. If your bus hasn’t turned up, we’re very sorry that we couldn’t let you know in advance.". Apparently, the customer service line was also down yesterday though I don't know if it was back up again today. The twitter feed hasn't been updated since yesterday. The last twitter message stated "Unfortunately, we're currently experiencing technical problems and we're unable to respond to messages or answer phone calls. We're very sorry, we'll get back to you as soon as we can."

Cyber attack

nova347

07 Sep 2022, 8:01 pm #357
It looks like the change for the 65 to hourly isn't working that well, large and constant delays, and buses are full. It needs deckers to stay at an hour frequency. There were 2 65's today running constant 20-minute delays. One was 35 mins late. A Joke.
nova347
07 Sep 2022, 8:01 pm #357

It looks like the change for the 65 to hourly isn't working that well, large and constant delays, and buses are full. It needs deckers to stay at an hour frequency. There were 2 65's today running constant 20-minute delays. One was 35 mins late. A Joke.

DeltaMan

07 Sep 2022, 8:31 pm #358
(07 Sep 2022, 8:01 pm)nova347 It looks like the change for the 65 to hourly isn't working that well, large and constant delays, and buses are full. It needs deckers to stay at an hour frequency. There were 2 65's today running constant 20-minute delays. One was 35 mins late. A Joke.
Depending on how "temporary" the latest changes are, they just interwork it with the 20A and increase the running time of the 65, the problems should be solved!
DeltaMan
07 Sep 2022, 8:31 pm #358

(07 Sep 2022, 8:01 pm)nova347 It looks like the change for the 65 to hourly isn't working that well, large and constant delays, and buses are full. It needs deckers to stay at an hour frequency. There were 2 65's today running constant 20-minute delays. One was 35 mins late. A Joke.
Depending on how "temporary" the latest changes are, they just interwork it with the 20A and increase the running time of the 65, the problems should be solved!

nova347

07 Sep 2022, 8:55 pm #359
(07 Sep 2022, 8:31 pm)DeltaMan Depending on how "temporary" the latest changes are, they just interwork it with the 20A and increase the running time of the 65, the problems should be solved!
You know what they say. "Nothing more permanent than a temporary solution". If they interwork it with the 20A and increase the running time of the 65, that just creates a boat load of problems.
nova347
07 Sep 2022, 8:55 pm #359

(07 Sep 2022, 8:31 pm)DeltaMan Depending on how "temporary" the latest changes are, they just interwork it with the 20A and increase the running time of the 65, the problems should be solved!
You know what they say. "Nothing more permanent than a temporary solution". If they interwork it with the 20A and increase the running time of the 65, that just creates a boat load of problems.

07 Sep 2022, 8:56 pm #360
Just cancel it altogether, then it can't be full or run late

streetdeckfan
07 Sep 2022, 8:56 pm #360

Just cancel it altogether, then it can't be full or run late

Pages (20) Previous 117 18 19 20 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average