Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Anti-Social Behaviour

Anti-Social Behaviour

Anti-Social Behaviour

• 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average

Pages (2) Previous 1 2
F114TML

12 Sep 2022, 3:11 pm #21
(11 Sep 2022, 7:04 pm)Adrian This is completely unfounded. You have no idea who these people are, never mind who their parents are, so I don't know how you can suggest that they did exactly the same thing when they were young.

Maybe part of the problem is the way young people are carved out and shoved to one side in society. Attitudes like yours don't help.
Alright, but that came from a BTP officer - my old car was smashed up in a Metro car park a few months ago (and the people who did it are known to the police anyway).
F114TML
12 Sep 2022, 3:11 pm #21

(11 Sep 2022, 7:04 pm)Adrian This is completely unfounded. You have no idea who these people are, never mind who their parents are, so I don't know how you can suggest that they did exactly the same thing when they were young.

Maybe part of the problem is the way young people are carved out and shoved to one side in society. Attitudes like yours don't help.
Alright, but that came from a BTP officer - my old car was smashed up in a Metro car park a few months ago (and the people who did it are known to the police anyway).

12 Sep 2022, 3:32 pm #22
(11 Sep 2022, 8:35 pm)Storx Teenagers / young adults are much worse lately and I'm not sure what's causing it, but it's been a big problem ever since the lock down ended.

The trouble on the North Tyne loop on the Metro is the worst it's even been and there's no other way of putting it. There's been multiple assaults, never mind train damage and other things which isn't just head phones or kids being kids. You just have to look at all the damage at Northumberland Park for that, which has never happened in the past and now it's been fixed under a false promise of improving car parks.

Also he does have a point as there's kids causing trouble in my local area and a certain mothers comes out accusing everyone under the sun with the things mentioned there on the local resident groups mostly about it's 'unfair people are videoing her kid - data protection blah blah,' even known it shows her being a little brat. She's suddenly gone into hiding when there's been accusations of criminal damage, funny that - guess she doesn't want to foot the bill.

It's not unique to this area either, it's happening all over the North East, here is one of the less worse areas tbh.

The coast is particularly bad, stuff like - https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nor...p-23737282 just isn't normal.
Greatest factor (seen as everyone dismisses regional poverty as if were a myth), Social Media. Tik Tok and Snapchat over the other platforms. The encouragement to emulate the vandalism and violence openly distributed and tolerated on those two is overwhelming. Whenever there's an act of vandalism, intimidation or violence now, you can pretty much bet it is being filmed...
54APhotography
12 Sep 2022, 3:32 pm #22

(11 Sep 2022, 8:35 pm)Storx Teenagers / young adults are much worse lately and I'm not sure what's causing it, but it's been a big problem ever since the lock down ended.

The trouble on the North Tyne loop on the Metro is the worst it's even been and there's no other way of putting it. There's been multiple assaults, never mind train damage and other things which isn't just head phones or kids being kids. You just have to look at all the damage at Northumberland Park for that, which has never happened in the past and now it's been fixed under a false promise of improving car parks.

Also he does have a point as there's kids causing trouble in my local area and a certain mothers comes out accusing everyone under the sun with the things mentioned there on the local resident groups mostly about it's 'unfair people are videoing her kid - data protection blah blah,' even known it shows her being a little brat. She's suddenly gone into hiding when there's been accusations of criminal damage, funny that - guess she doesn't want to foot the bill.

It's not unique to this area either, it's happening all over the North East, here is one of the less worse areas tbh.

The coast is particularly bad, stuff like - https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nor...p-23737282 just isn't normal.
Greatest factor (seen as everyone dismisses regional poverty as if were a myth), Social Media. Tik Tok and Snapchat over the other platforms. The encouragement to emulate the vandalism and violence openly distributed and tolerated on those two is overwhelming. Whenever there's an act of vandalism, intimidation or violence now, you can pretty much bet it is being filmed...

Storx

12 Sep 2022, 8:14 pm #23
(12 Sep 2022, 3:32 pm)54APhotography Greatest factor (seen as everyone dismisses regional poverty as if were a myth), Social Media. Tik Tok and Snapchat over the other platforms. The encouragement to emulate the vandalism and violence openly distributed and tolerated on those two is overwhelming. Whenever there's an act of vandalism, intimidation or violence now, you can pretty much bet it is being filmed...

Aye can't disagree with social media, sure there was actually a trend a few months back in breaking bus windows and filming it. Toxic thing at times and it's not just kids either who it causes bother with. It seems like everyone is an expert at virus' etc now, those pesky 5G masts - you'd be sanctioned for that sort of stuff 20 years ago and still should be imo.
Storx
12 Sep 2022, 8:14 pm #23

(12 Sep 2022, 3:32 pm)54APhotography Greatest factor (seen as everyone dismisses regional poverty as if were a myth), Social Media. Tik Tok and Snapchat over the other platforms. The encouragement to emulate the vandalism and violence openly distributed and tolerated on those two is overwhelming. Whenever there's an act of vandalism, intimidation or violence now, you can pretty much bet it is being filmed...

Aye can't disagree with social media, sure there was actually a trend a few months back in breaking bus windows and filming it. Toxic thing at times and it's not just kids either who it causes bother with. It seems like everyone is an expert at virus' etc now, those pesky 5G masts - you'd be sanctioned for that sort of stuff 20 years ago and still should be imo.

12 Sep 2022, 8:38 pm #24
I wonder if it's got anything to do with the fact that vandalism is... fun!
It's surprisingly satisfying smashing windows, and even more satisfying watching a fire start.
streetdeckfan
12 Sep 2022, 8:38 pm #24

I wonder if it's got anything to do with the fact that vandalism is... fun!
It's surprisingly satisfying smashing windows, and even more satisfying watching a fire start.

Pages (2) Previous 1 2

• 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average