Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East power cuts and electric fleet

power cuts and electric fleet

power cuts and electric fleet

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

24 Oct 2022, 8:56 pm
i asked the question to one of the GNE staff at the launch on the quayside and he couldn't answer, i asked how the fleet would be charged in the scenario of a large-scale power outage such as after a major storm or a blackout like what has been suggested could happen next year. does anybody know? i know there are portable battery boosters but i dont think you could fully charge a fleet of 40 plus vehicles
toward6931
24 Oct 2022, 8:56 pm #1

i asked the question to one of the GNE staff at the launch on the quayside and he couldn't answer, i asked how the fleet would be charged in the scenario of a large-scale power outage such as after a major storm or a blackout like what has been suggested could happen next year. does anybody know? i know there are portable battery boosters but i dont think you could fully charge a fleet of 40 plus vehicles

25 Oct 2022, 3:58 am
(24 Oct 2022, 8:56 pm)toward6931 i asked the question to one of the GNE staff at the launch on the quayside and he couldn't answer, i asked how the fleet would be charged in the scenario of a large-scale power outage such as after a major storm or a blackout like what has been suggested could happen next year. does anybody know? i know there are portable battery boosters but i dont think you could fully charge a fleet of 40 plus vehicles
Maybe back up diesel generators? I know major buildings like hospitals all have them.
Echolima07
25 Oct 2022, 3:58 am #2

(24 Oct 2022, 8:56 pm)toward6931 i asked the question to one of the GNE staff at the launch on the quayside and he couldn't answer, i asked how the fleet would be charged in the scenario of a large-scale power outage such as after a major storm or a blackout like what has been suggested could happen next year. does anybody know? i know there are portable battery boosters but i dont think you could fully charge a fleet of 40 plus vehicles
Maybe back up diesel generators? I know major buildings like hospitals all have them.

25 Oct 2022, 9:01 pm
(25 Oct 2022, 3:58 am)Echolima07 Maybe back up diesel generators? I know major buildings like hospitals all have them.
i know when i was at slatyford depot there wasn't anything like that
toward6931
25 Oct 2022, 9:01 pm #3

(25 Oct 2022, 3:58 am)Echolima07 Maybe back up diesel generators? I know major buildings like hospitals all have them.
i know when i was at slatyford depot there wasn't anything like that

25 Oct 2022, 10:34 pm
I’d assume it’s all part of a business continuity plan and a full risk and control plan.

This being GNE…assumptions may be wrong

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Ambassador
25 Oct 2022, 10:34 pm #4

I’d assume it’s all part of a business continuity plan and a full risk and control plan.

This being GNE…assumptions may be wrong

Wistfully stuck in the 90s

27 Oct 2022, 9:55 pm
Be some poor sod on a bike linked to a generator.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
27 Oct 2022, 9:55 pm #5

Be some poor sod on a bike linked to a generator.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average