Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East GNE Recent Appointments

GNE Recent Appointments

GNE Recent Appointments

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (2) Previous 1 2
Unber43

14 Nov 2022, 9:55 pm #21
(14 Nov 2022, 9:52 pm)Adrian He's (and they are) not exactly coming from one, either!

Arriva UK Bus seem to have been on the market for longer than Newcastle United was... although maybe the Saudis were just waiting for a 21 through Low Fell Wink
I wonder if Arriva is up for sale with NF history with the company whether GNE may attempt a takeover
Unber43
14 Nov 2022, 9:55 pm #21

(14 Nov 2022, 9:52 pm)Adrian He's (and they are) not exactly coming from one, either!

Arriva UK Bus seem to have been on the market for longer than Newcastle United was... although maybe the Saudis were just waiting for a 21 through Low Fell Wink
I wonder if Arriva is up for sale with NF history with the company whether GNE may attempt a takeover

Storx

14 Nov 2022, 10:18 pm #22
(14 Nov 2022, 9:51 pm)Andreos1 Was that really down to him though?

He was in charge at the time so whether it was him or someone he put in that place he has to get the credit really. Just like MG needs the 'credit' for the absolute car crash he left GNE in before running away to Lumo. Jumping from a sinking (sunk) ship springs to mind. There's only so long you can blame everything under the sun but yourself.

There's very few positives from GNE in the past 2 year or any of the NE bus operators really to be balanced. Lot's of excuses though and some shocking decisions involving staff; CLS and Jesmond closures and the ongoing Stagecoach Sunderland strikes in particular but that's Brexit, Russia, Covid, Energy Crisis obviously.
Storx
14 Nov 2022, 10:18 pm #22

(14 Nov 2022, 9:51 pm)Andreos1 Was that really down to him though?

He was in charge at the time so whether it was him or someone he put in that place he has to get the credit really. Just like MG needs the 'credit' for the absolute car crash he left GNE in before running away to Lumo. Jumping from a sinking (sunk) ship springs to mind. There's only so long you can blame everything under the sun but yourself.

There's very few positives from GNE in the past 2 year or any of the NE bus operators really to be balanced. Lot's of excuses though and some shocking decisions involving staff; CLS and Jesmond closures and the ongoing Stagecoach Sunderland strikes in particular but that's Brexit, Russia, Covid, Energy Crisis obviously.

Ambassador

15 Nov 2022, 12:34 am #23

In a positive for Nige, the X12 is always on time so he could catch that ? though he might have seen the ex QuayCity Versa on the 21 today and immediately sacked whoever was allocating at Riverside ?p

I do think they are in to prep for a sale but no idea who would take it on. 

I would have said franchising but I doubt there’s any money going around for that anymore.

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Ambassador
15 Nov 2022, 12:34 am #23

In a positive for Nige, the X12 is always on time so he could catch that ? though he might have seen the ex QuayCity Versa on the 21 today and immediately sacked whoever was allocating at Riverside ?p

I do think they are in to prep for a sale but no idea who would take it on. 

I would have said franchising but I doubt there’s any money going around for that anymore.

Wistfully stuck in the 90s

Rob44

15 Nov 2022, 11:57 am #24
Would lothjian - being owned by ECC be alowed to branch out an by arriva northumbria? I'd move backto Hazlerigg in a flash if that happened
Rob44
15 Nov 2022, 11:57 am #24

Would lothjian - being owned by ECC be alowed to branch out an by arriva northumbria? I'd move backto Hazlerigg in a flash if that happened

Andreos1

15 Nov 2022, 12:39 pm #25
(14 Nov 2022, 10:18 pm)Storx He was in charge at the time so whether it was him or someone he put in that place he has to get the credit really. Just like MG needs the 'credit' for the absolute car crash he left GNE in before running away to Lumo. Jumping from a sinking (sunk) ship springs to mind. There's only so long you can blame everything under the sun but yourself.

Depends whether he put the people in to those positions or not.
Either way, if I was in his position, I'd certainly be giving credit to those who came up with the ideas and did the dirty work. 
To give MG some kudos, he appeared to do just that with any successes or compliments he received. 

Conversely, I'd be (and have done) willing to hold my hands up if suggestions, proposals or processes put to me and signed off by me - didn't work. 

Different managerial and leadership styles I suppose.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
15 Nov 2022, 12:39 pm #25

(14 Nov 2022, 10:18 pm)Storx He was in charge at the time so whether it was him or someone he put in that place he has to get the credit really. Just like MG needs the 'credit' for the absolute car crash he left GNE in before running away to Lumo. Jumping from a sinking (sunk) ship springs to mind. There's only so long you can blame everything under the sun but yourself.

Depends whether he put the people in to those positions or not.
Either way, if I was in his position, I'd certainly be giving credit to those who came up with the ideas and did the dirty work. 
To give MG some kudos, he appeared to do just that with any successes or compliments he received. 

Conversely, I'd be (and have done) willing to hold my hands up if suggestions, proposals or processes put to me and signed off by me - didn't work. 

Different managerial and leadership styles I suppose.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

MurdnunoC

15 Nov 2022, 5:52 pm #26
(15 Nov 2022, 11:57 am)Rob44 Would lothjian  - being owned by ECC be alowed to branch out an by arriva northumbria? I'd move backto Hazlerigg in a flash if that happened

Aren't Lothjian a Dutch bus operator? Surprised Martijn Gilbert hasn't been approached to become their MD. I suppose when he leaves Lumo, there's a job waiting for him there.
MurdnunoC
15 Nov 2022, 5:52 pm #26

(15 Nov 2022, 11:57 am)Rob44 Would lothjian  - being owned by ECC be alowed to branch out an by arriva northumbria? I'd move backto Hazlerigg in a flash if that happened

Aren't Lothjian a Dutch bus operator? Surprised Martijn Gilbert hasn't been approached to become their MD. I suppose when he leaves Lumo, there's a job waiting for him there.

RobinHood

15 Nov 2022, 8:56 pm #27
(15 Nov 2022, 12:39 pm)Andreos1 Depends whether he put the people in to those positions or not.

The commercial team in place at the time have now largely retried/moved on as far as I am aware, only maybe one or two from that period still remain.
RobinHood
15 Nov 2022, 8:56 pm #27

(15 Nov 2022, 12:39 pm)Andreos1 Depends whether he put the people in to those positions or not.

The commercial team in place at the time have now largely retried/moved on as far as I am aware, only maybe one or two from that period still remain.

Rob44

16 Nov 2022, 9:58 am #28
(15 Nov 2022, 5:52 pm)MurdnunoC Aren't Lothjian a Dutch bus operator? Surprised Martijn Gilbert hasn't been approached to become their MD. I suppose when he leaves Lumo, there's a job waiting for him there.

*** must proofread posts**

Lothian
Rob44
16 Nov 2022, 9:58 am #28

(15 Nov 2022, 5:52 pm)MurdnunoC Aren't Lothjian a Dutch bus operator? Surprised Martijn Gilbert hasn't been approached to become their MD. I suppose when he leaves Lumo, there's a job waiting for him there.

*** must proofread posts**

Lothian

Pages (2) Previous 1 2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average