Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Bus Awards

Bus Awards

Bus Awards

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average

Pages (3) Previous 1 2 3 Next
24 Aug 2023, 8:20 pm #21
(24 Aug 2023, 8:18 pm)MurdnunoC Did you see Dan hand over the brown envelope stuffed with reddies?

"Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved." - Tyson Fury
R852 PRG
24 Aug 2023, 8:20 pm #21

(24 Aug 2023, 8:18 pm)MurdnunoC Did you see Dan hand over the brown envelope stuffed with reddies?

"Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved." - Tyson Fury

MurdnunoC

24 Aug 2023, 8:33 pm #22
(24 Aug 2023, 8:20 pm)R852 PRG "Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved." - Tyson Fury

"Still worshipping God? The last thing I heard, he was worshipping me. Woof!" - Lord Flasheart.
MurdnunoC
24 Aug 2023, 8:33 pm #22

(24 Aug 2023, 8:20 pm)R852 PRG "Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved." - Tyson Fury

"Still worshipping God? The last thing I heard, he was worshipping me. Woof!" - Lord Flasheart.

Andreos1

24 Aug 2023, 8:36 pm #23
(24 Aug 2023, 3:37 pm)R852 PRG A little bird tells me that someone in the employ of Go North East might have made a strong impression on the judging panel.

Has our very own Daniel given a sneaky peak of his outfit to a certain member of the judging panel?

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
24 Aug 2023, 8:36 pm #23

(24 Aug 2023, 3:37 pm)R852 PRG A little bird tells me that someone in the employ of Go North East might have made a strong impression on the judging panel.

Has our very own Daniel given a sneaky peak of his outfit to a certain member of the judging panel?

MurdnunoC

24 Aug 2023, 8:41 pm #24
(24 Aug 2023, 8:36 pm)Andreos1 Has our very own Daniel given a sneaky peak of his outfit to a certain member of the judging panel?

The Uncle Ray Peacock Award?
MurdnunoC
24 Aug 2023, 8:41 pm #24

(24 Aug 2023, 8:36 pm)Andreos1 Has our very own Daniel given a sneaky peak of his outfit to a certain member of the judging panel?

The Uncle Ray Peacock Award?

24 Aug 2023, 8:49 pm #25
(24 Aug 2023, 8:41 pm)MurdnunoC The Uncle Ray Peacock Award?

There's a thought. Being presented with a bespoke homemade video.
R852 PRG
24 Aug 2023, 8:49 pm #25

There's a thought. Being presented with a bespoke homemade video.

Andreos1

24 Aug 2023, 8:50 pm #26

I've no idea what that means, but I'm sure it involves a short-sleeve shirt, talcum powder and brut.

And our very own Daniel's special outfit.

Andreos1
24 Aug 2023, 8:50 pm #26

I've no idea what that means, but I'm sure it involves a short-sleeve shirt, talcum powder and brut.

And our very own Daniel's special outfit.

RobinHood

25 Aug 2023, 5:48 am #27
(24 Aug 2023, 8:49 pm)R852 PRG There's a thought. Being presented with a bespoke homemade video.

Surely not the one that Ray starred in, back in 1997?
RobinHood
25 Aug 2023, 5:48 am #27

(24 Aug 2023, 8:49 pm)R852 PRG There's a thought. Being presented with a bespoke homemade video.

Surely not the one that Ray starred in, back in 1997?

MurdnunoC

02 Sep 2023, 5:35 pm #28
Looks like 'Our Very Own Dan's' potential choice of outfit for the UK Bus Awards has been met with Uncle Ray's approval.[Image: 1f73c69404a63253e56a3a181517ad5d.jpg]

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk
MurdnunoC
02 Sep 2023, 5:35 pm #28

Looks like 'Our Very Own Dan's' potential choice of outfit for the UK Bus Awards has been met with Uncle Ray's approval.[Image: 1f73c69404a63253e56a3a181517ad5d.jpg]

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

Ambassador

02 Sep 2023, 9:04 pm #29
I’ve never wanted to gouge my eyes out as much as I have.

The PR own goals continue…have they seen their own cancellation list?

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Ambassador
02 Sep 2023, 9:04 pm #29

I’ve never wanted to gouge my eyes out as much as I have.

Wistfully stuck in the 90s

Unber43

02 Sep 2023, 9:22 pm #30
Yep, Deptford (or Sunderland Depot as GNE renamed it) cancellations have started again
Unber43
02 Sep 2023, 9:22 pm #30

Yep, Deptford (or Sunderland Depot as GNE renamed it) cancellations have started again

citaro5284

03 Sep 2023, 7:10 am #31
(02 Sep 2023, 9:22 pm)Unber43 Yep, Deptford (or Sunderland Depot as GNE renamed it) cancellations have started again

It was renamed when the Martijn was here, nothing to do with current management.
citaro5284
03 Sep 2023, 7:10 am #31

(02 Sep 2023, 9:22 pm)Unber43 Yep, Deptford (or Sunderland Depot as GNE renamed it) cancellations have started again

It was renamed when the Martijn was here, nothing to do with current management.

Adrian

03 Sep 2023, 6:50 pm #32
(02 Sep 2023, 9:04 pm)Ambassador I’ve never wanted to gouge my eyes out as much as I have.

I think you've got a point a lot of the time, but I'm a bit lost with this one? 

They're taking over, but effectively creating a brand new network in North Tyneside, which happens to coincide with the North Shields bus station being opened. What better opportunity to talk to prospective customers, encourage them to give the bus a try, when you've got a constant footfall of people seeing what is going on? 

They've had all sorts of live entertainment on yesterday, which appears to have drawn crowds in. Nice bit of publicity for GNE really, for the cost of having some staff there for a couple hours and giving away some merchandise (that's probably been sat gathering dust).

I could understand people questioning the (lack of) PR, if they hadn't bothered, but I'd actually say this is a lot better use of time and resources than having a couple of buses sat in an empty field, whilst volunteers can chat to their mates.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
03 Sep 2023, 6:50 pm #32

(02 Sep 2023, 9:04 pm)Ambassador I’ve never wanted to gouge my eyes out as much as I have.

I think you've got a point a lot of the time, but I'm a bit lost with this one? 

They're taking over, but effectively creating a brand new network in North Tyneside, which happens to coincide with the North Shields bus station being opened. What better opportunity to talk to prospective customers, encourage them to give the bus a try, when you've got a constant footfall of people seeing what is going on? 

They've had all sorts of live entertainment on yesterday, which appears to have drawn crowds in. Nice bit of publicity for GNE really, for the cost of having some staff there for a couple hours and giving away some merchandise (that's probably been sat gathering dust).

I could understand people questioning the (lack of) PR, if they hadn't bothered, but I'd actually say this is a lot better use of time and resources than having a couple of buses sat in an empty field, whilst volunteers can chat to their mates.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Andreos1

24 Sep 2023, 7:32 am #33
Your guide to appearing more successful than you are for less than £4,250:

- Nominate yourself for an award, then announce how surprised you are that you have been nominated for that award.

Price: £0

- Pay for a table at that awards ceremony to guarantee a trophy of some sort and to gather important evidence of you being there.

Price: £2000 

- Keep the authority coming by paying for another crystal trophy and a JPEG that says you are the “Best X” in your region. SME News is good for this (not affiliated). You are now “multi-award winning”.

Price: £495

- Pay for a photoshoot where you pretend to be on the phone or staring into the horizon planning your next big move. Successful people do this often.

Price: £500

- Pay for a feature in a leading publication so you can add “featured in” onto your website to demonstrate superiority.

Price: £750

- Pay for a VIP ticket to see someone like Gary V or Steven Bartlett and have someone take a photo where it looks like they’re listening intently to your wisdom and not because it’s their job to placate you.

Total cost: £4,245
Total opportunities: Limitless 

Follow this template and you too can achieve internet wantrepreneur status in just 90 days.

You’re welcome.

Almost a toss up between this thread and the 'what has amused you today' thread.

It amused me. But probably more relevant to this one.

Andreos1
24 Sep 2023, 7:32 am #33

Your guide to appearing more successful than you are for less than £4,250:

- Nominate yourself for an award, then announce how surprised you are that you have been nominated for that award.

Price: £0

- Pay for a table at that awards ceremony to guarantee a trophy of some sort and to gather important evidence of you being there.

Price: £2000 

- Keep the authority coming by paying for another crystal trophy and a JPEG that says you are the “Best X” in your region. SME News is good for this (not affiliated). You are now “multi-award winning”.

Price: £495

- Pay for a photoshoot where you pretend to be on the phone or staring into the horizon planning your next big move. Successful people do this often.

- Pay for a feature in a leading publication so you can add “featured in” onto your website to demonstrate superiority.

Price: £750

- Pay for a VIP ticket to see someone like Gary V or Steven Bartlett and have someone take a photo where it looks like they’re listening intently to your wisdom and not because it’s their job to placate you.

Total cost: £4,245
Total opportunities: Limitless 

Follow this template and you too can achieve internet wantrepreneur status in just 90 days.

You’re welcome.

Almost a toss up between this thread and the 'what has amused you today' thread.

It amused me. But probably more relevant to this one.

Unber43

09 Nov 2023, 12:55 am #34
I think I speak for everyone In this forum that it is such a shame that GNE did not win a Route One Award, nor even made it to the finalists https://routeoneawards.com/finalists/ such a shame for such a premium operator who has cut services, awful, aging fleet with rock hard seats, managment and office staff for weeks have been 200 miles away in Manchester, no customer service or social media support and to top it all of a strike which is going to last about 14 weeks.

If that isn't what I takes, I don't know what more they can do

#coup #recount #rigged
Unber43
09 Nov 2023, 12:55 am #34

I think I speak for everyone In this forum that it is such a shame that GNE did not win a Route One Award, nor even made it to the finalists https://routeoneawards.com/finalists/ such a shame for such a premium operator who has cut services, awful, aging fleet with rock hard seats, managment and office staff for weeks have been 200 miles away in Manchester, no customer service or social media support and to top it all of a strike which is going to last about 14 weeks.

#coup #recount #rigged

09 Nov 2023, 7:26 pm #35
(09 Nov 2023, 12:55 am)Unber43 I think I speak for everyone In this forum that it is such a shame that GNE did not win a Route One Award, nor even made it to the finalists https://routeoneawards.com/finalists/ such a shame for such a premium operator who has cut services, awful, aging fleet with rock hard seats, managment and office staff for weeks have been 200 miles away in Manchester, no customer service or social media support and to top it all of a strike which is going to last about 14 weeks.

#coup #recount #rigged

I'm waiting for Ben's rebuttal.
solsburian
09 Nov 2023, 7:26 pm #35

(09 Nov 2023, 12:55 am)Unber43 I think I speak for everyone In this forum that it is such a shame that GNE did not win a Route One Award, nor even made it to the finalists https://routeoneawards.com/finalists/ such a shame for such a premium operator who has cut services, awful, aging fleet with rock hard seats, managment and office staff for weeks have been 200 miles away in Manchester, no customer service or social media support and to top it all of a strike which is going to last about 14 weeks.

#coup #recount #rigged

I'm waiting for Ben's rebuttal.

Storx

09 Nov 2023, 9:26 pm #36
The McGill's for best customer experience is as baffling as GNE being nominated for best advert. They've literally just dropped out of a whole town and blamed everyone under the sun bar thereselves and are currently going on a rant about public bus services with Lothian.

It's almost as if there's a certain MD there they just needed to include.
Storx
09 Nov 2023, 9:26 pm #36

The McGill's for best customer experience is as baffling as GNE being nominated for best advert. They've literally just dropped out of a whole town and blamed everyone under the sun bar thereselves and are currently going on a rant about public bus services with Lothian.

It's almost as if there's a certain MD there they just needed to include.

GuyParkRoyal

10 Nov 2023, 7:56 am #37
Go North East apparently won the Hall of Fame award at the Route One Awards.
A disgrace that such an appalling bus operator was allowed to be part of these awards.
GuyParkRoyal
10 Nov 2023, 7:56 am #37

Go North East apparently won the Hall of Fame award at the Route One Awards.
A disgrace that such an appalling bus operator was allowed to be part of these awards.

10 Nov 2023, 10:07 am #38
(10 Nov 2023, 7:56 am)GuyParkRoyal Go North East apparently won the Hall of Fame award at the Route One Awards.

They should rename it to the Hall of Shame award just to make it more accurate.

[Image: imageHandler.php?user=wibblejunior]
wibblejunior
10 Nov 2023, 10:07 am #38

(10 Nov 2023, 7:56 am)GuyParkRoyal Go North East apparently won the Hall of Fame award at the Route One Awards.

They should rename it to the Hall of Shame award just to make it more accurate.

[Image: imageHandler.php?user=wibblejunior]

DeltaMan

10 Nov 2023, 10:12 am #39

There is no Hall of Fame award. There is a hall of fame for previous winners, for which a Go North East award from 2017 is used as the landing photo
DeltaMan
10 Nov 2023, 10:12 am #39

There is no Hall of Fame award. There is a hall of fame for previous winners, for which a Go North East award from 2017 is used as the landing photo

Dan

Site Administrator

10 Nov 2023, 4:07 pm #40

They weren’t a part of the Route One Awards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan
10 Nov 2023, 4:07 pm #40

They weren’t a part of the Route One Awards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pages (3) Previous 1 2 3 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average