Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East January 2023 changes

January 2023 changes

January 2023 changes

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (6): Previous 14 5 6 Next
20 Jan 2023, 6:11 pm
(19 Jan 2023, 7:15 pm)nova347 What buses are getting used on the 71, are the little pinks transferring to Depford?
I don't think the little pinks are being transferred, they will probably use the Peterlee Purples I'd imagine
Retro Nero
20 Jan 2023, 6:11 pm #81

(19 Jan 2023, 7:15 pm)nova347 What buses are getting used on the 71, are the little pinks transferring to Depford?
I don't think the little pinks are being transferred, they will probably use the Peterlee Purples I'd imagine

21 Jan 2023, 1:25 pm
(19 Jan 2023, 5:30 pm)Unber43 They should extend the 71 to Sunderland, I mean they might as well, change overs have to go that way. Aswell the X6 gets rammed so it would be nice to have a service at every 30 mins between Seaham & Sunderland express wise.

I wonder if something could be done to change the 71 to include the lost links by the 62
Or atleast run it commercially to Sunderland from the current route, as they need it as a PVR 3 for changeovers and the extension to Sunderland takes the X6 around 15 mins so why not.
Considering the major lost link is Seaham Harbour/Dawdon to Peterlee via Easington, I think that's not going to be very productive - it'd just be the 203 but extended to Chester-le-Street, especially given what you said above, so prob best as a new route entirely if they fancied (which they clearly don't)
F114TML
21 Jan 2023, 1:25 pm #82

(19 Jan 2023, 5:30 pm)Unber43 They should extend the 71 to Sunderland, I mean they might as well, change overs have to go that way. Aswell the X6 gets rammed so it would be nice to have a service at every 30 mins between Seaham & Sunderland express wise.

I wonder if something could be done to change the 71 to include the lost links by the 62
Or atleast run it commercially to Sunderland from the current route, as they need it as a PVR 3 for changeovers and the extension to Sunderland takes the X6 around 15 mins so why not.
Considering the major lost link is Seaham Harbour/Dawdon to Peterlee via Easington, I think that's not going to be very productive - it'd just be the 203 but extended to Chester-le-Street, especially given what you said above, so prob best as a new route entirely if they fancied (which they clearly don't)

23 Jan 2023, 5:18 am
Sounds to me like the big song and dance made about moving routes to the depots drivers wanted could well have been nothing but PR. 71 to Deptford instead of Washington. How long until 25/28/29 all go to riverside and other changes made to mop up the 34 and town services?

Don’t get me wrong I appreciate the business logic in it. But would be wrong so soon after all the publicity around keeping routes where staff wanted etc.
User2613
23 Jan 2023, 5:18 am #83

Sounds to me like the big song and dance made about moving routes to the depots drivers wanted could well have been nothing but PR. 71 to Deptford instead of Washington. How long until 25/28/29 all go to riverside and other changes made to mop up the 34 and town services?

Don’t get me wrong I appreciate the business logic in it. But would be wrong so soon after all the publicity around keeping routes where staff wanted etc.

23 Jan 2023, 2:11 pm
(23 Jan 2023, 5:18 am)User2613 Sounds to me like the big song and dance made about moving routes to the depots drivers wanted could well have been nothing but PR. 71 to Deptford instead of Washington. How long until 25/28/29 all go to riverside and other changes made to mop up the 34 and town services?

When the closure of Chester Le Street was first mentioned, the 71 was supposed to transfer to Deptford.
Nigel has a thing where he wants routes to run from the nearest depot (obviously for Chester local services, Chester was ideal) so it will be interesting to see what happens in the future. 
I have just been informed that the 4274 contract will be ending at the end of this week  (I assume the 5025 is the same) for those interested. I am unsure of who the new operator(s) will be.
morritt89
23 Jan 2023, 2:11 pm #84

(23 Jan 2023, 5:18 am)User2613 Sounds to me like the big song and dance made about moving routes to the depots drivers wanted could well have been nothing but PR. 71 to Deptford instead of Washington. How long until 25/28/29 all go to riverside and other changes made to mop up the 34 and town services?

When the closure of Chester Le Street was first mentioned, the 71 was supposed to transfer to Deptford.
Nigel has a thing where he wants routes to run from the nearest depot (obviously for Chester local services, Chester was ideal) so it will be interesting to see what happens in the future. 
I have just been informed that the 4274 contract will be ending at the end of this week  (I assume the 5025 is the same) for those interested. I am unsure of who the new operator(s) will be.

23 Jan 2023, 4:44 pm

I think you got this mixed up mind. From what I'm aware it was more about drivers moving to depots they want rather than the routes. 

The routes at inappropiate depots was because certain depots in particular Washington had too many drivers whereas others ie. Riverside had too little. 

Now it's been 6 month I'd imagine things have changed with drivers leaving etc so the routes can be moved to more appropriate depots.
Storx
23 Jan 2023, 4:44 pm #85

I think you got this mixed up mind. From what I'm aware it was more about drivers moving to depots they want rather than the routes. 

The routes at inappropiate depots was because certain depots in particular Washington had too many drivers whereas others ie. Riverside had too little. 

Now it's been 6 month I'd imagine things have changed with drivers leaving etc so the routes can be moved to more appropriate depots.

23 Jan 2023, 5:58 pm
Pretty sure 71 is being ran by Deptford from today as there is two graphites on it
Unber43
23 Jan 2023, 5:58 pm #86

Pretty sure 71 is being ran by Deptford from today as there is two graphites on it

23 Jan 2023, 6:30 pm
(21 Jan 2023, 1:25 pm)F114TML Considering the major lost link is Seaham Harbour/Dawdon to Peterlee via Easington, I think that's not going to be very productive - it'd just be the 203 but extended to Chester-le-Street, especially given what you said above, so prob best as a new route entirely if they fancied (which they clearly don't)
Still somewhat surprised that the 62 was cancelled in its own right, considering some of the Council funded services that exist. It was certainly one that I would of thought would be worthy of subsiding, especially when Princess Road and Dawdon are left without service or with no buses to Murton/Dalton Park. But then again I do think is it short sightedness of the operator withdrawing it. Always seemed to get decent loads. I still think the 62 Peterlee to Seaham via South Hetton and Murton at least should be brought back and that 61 extension binned off, I still hear people complaining about it ‘looping Murton twice’ etc. feels like it takes forever, I’ve done it once before. 

I hear DCC are using money to fund bus services. I wonder where that’ll be spent. Lots in South Hetton still want the 55 back, seen comments just recently about it. I think the 61 extension just isn’t working.
Drifter60
23 Jan 2023, 6:30 pm #87

(21 Jan 2023, 1:25 pm)F114TML Considering the major lost link is Seaham Harbour/Dawdon to Peterlee via Easington, I think that's not going to be very productive - it'd just be the 203 but extended to Chester-le-Street, especially given what you said above, so prob best as a new route entirely if they fancied (which they clearly don't)
Still somewhat surprised that the 62 was cancelled in its own right, considering some of the Council funded services that exist. It was certainly one that I would of thought would be worthy of subsiding, especially when Princess Road and Dawdon are left without service or with no buses to Murton/Dalton Park. But then again I do think is it short sightedness of the operator withdrawing it. Always seemed to get decent loads. I still think the 62 Peterlee to Seaham via South Hetton and Murton at least should be brought back and that 61 extension binned off, I still hear people complaining about it ‘looping Murton twice’ etc. feels like it takes forever, I’ve done it once before. 

I hear DCC are using money to fund bus services. I wonder where that’ll be spent. Lots in South Hetton still want the 55 back, seen comments just recently about it. I think the 61 extension just isn’t working.

23 Jan 2023, 6:42 pm
(23 Jan 2023, 6:30 pm)Drifter60 Still somewhat surprised that the 62 was cancelled in its own right, considering some of the Council funded services that exist. It was certainly one that I would of thought would be worthy of subsiding, especially when Princess Road and Dawdon are left without service or with no buses to Murton/Dalton Park. But then again I do think is it short sightedness of the operator withdrawing it. Always seemed to get decent loads. I still think the 62 Peterlee to Seaham via South Hetton and Murton at least should be brought back and that 61 extension binned off, I still hear people complaining about it ‘looping Murton twice’ etc. feels like it takes forever, I’ve done it once before. 

Wonder if you could do something like this 

62 - Peterlee - South Hetton - Easington Lane - Murton - Dalton Park - Dawdon - Seaham - Station Road - Doxford Park - Sunderland (Stand N) (every 60 mins)
63 - Peterlee - South Hetton - Easington Lane - Houghton-Le-Spring - Doxford Park - Sunderland (Stand N) (every 60 mins)

It can work with the 39A to have a 30 min connection from Houghton to Doxford and Doxford to Sunderland as well as expanded links to Seaham, and I know this is something you don't agree with however I don't know why for the 5-6 mins it takes why not extend it upto Parkside I don't get why they've never done that it just opens links, and lets face it if you need to walk 1/2 a mile or smth for a stop its going to put people off using the bus. 

Also GNE should really move the X20 to Stand N as that is where all the Doxford Park people stand, aswell it should be timed so it leaves like 2-3 mins before the X1 as the X20 always leaves so late.

You could use the X20 Citaros possibly for this. It stops the X20 services which are just out of place at this point. And to go furhter with Doxford Park why did the 20s stop going there it added like 3 mins onto the journey.
Unber43
23 Jan 2023, 6:42 pm #88

(23 Jan 2023, 6:30 pm)Drifter60 Still somewhat surprised that the 62 was cancelled in its own right, considering some of the Council funded services that exist. It was certainly one that I would of thought would be worthy of subsiding, especially when Princess Road and Dawdon are left without service or with no buses to Murton/Dalton Park. But then again I do think is it short sightedness of the operator withdrawing it. Always seemed to get decent loads. I still think the 62 Peterlee to Seaham via South Hetton and Murton at least should be brought back and that 61 extension binned off, I still hear people complaining about it ‘looping Murton twice’ etc. feels like it takes forever, I’ve done it once before. 

Wonder if you could do something like this 

62 - Peterlee - South Hetton - Easington Lane - Murton - Dalton Park - Dawdon - Seaham - Station Road - Doxford Park - Sunderland (Stand N) (every 60 mins)
63 - Peterlee - South Hetton - Easington Lane - Houghton-Le-Spring - Doxford Park - Sunderland (Stand N) (every 60 mins)

It can work with the 39A to have a 30 min connection from Houghton to Doxford and Doxford to Sunderland as well as expanded links to Seaham, and I know this is something you don't agree with however I don't know why for the 5-6 mins it takes why not extend it upto Parkside I don't get why they've never done that it just opens links, and lets face it if you need to walk 1/2 a mile or smth for a stop its going to put people off using the bus. 

Also GNE should really move the X20 to Stand N as that is where all the Doxford Park people stand, aswell it should be timed so it leaves like 2-3 mins before the X1 as the X20 always leaves so late.

You could use the X20 Citaros possibly for this. It stops the X20 services which are just out of place at this point. And to go furhter with Doxford Park why did the 20s stop going there it added like 3 mins onto the journey.

23 Jan 2023, 7:28 pm
(23 Jan 2023, 6:42 pm)Unber43 Wonder if you could do something like this 

Personally if your going to do stuff like that I'd be more radical and do something like especially if there was inter working tickets between Arriva and GNE:
X5: Current Route to Dalton Park, 61 Murton Loop (Every 30 Minutes)
X6: No Changes (Hourly)
X7: Old 62 Route omitting Easington (Hourly)
60: Remain Every 15 Minutes
22/23/60: Every 7.5 Minutes from The Mallard to Sunderland
61: Withdrawn Completely - The X5 is no longer and removes overbussing between the Mallard and Ryhope.
65: Current Route (Hourly)
65/71: Every 30 Minutes Seaham to Station Road
66: Durham to Easington Lane as current 65, 55 route to Easington, 208 to Peterlee (Hourly)
65/66: Every 30 Minutes Durham to Hetton

Haven't worked out the PVR but would be surprised if it's anymore than now and would shut up most the complaints around there.
Storx
23 Jan 2023, 7:28 pm #89

(23 Jan 2023, 6:42 pm)Unber43 Wonder if you could do something like this 

Personally if your going to do stuff like that I'd be more radical and do something like especially if there was inter working tickets between Arriva and GNE:
61: Withdrawn Completely - The X5 is no longer and removes overbussing between the Mallard and Ryhope.
66: Durham to Easington Lane as current 65, 55 route to Easington, 208 to Peterlee (Hourly)

Haven't worked out the PVR but would be surprised if it's anymore than now and would shut up most the complaints around there.

23 Jan 2023, 9:53 pm
(23 Jan 2023, 7:28 pm)Storx Personally if your going to do stuff like that I'd be more radical and do something like especially if there was inter working tickets between Arriva and GNE:

On paper the 22/23 should be ran by GNE, and tbh the only reason they get passengers is if a GNE bus is either quite late or they're going past Dalton Park. Even for Peterlee to Sunderland, students get free travel so that helps the numbers however a lot of them just used to get the 62/X6.
Unber43
23 Jan 2023, 9:53 pm #90

(23 Jan 2023, 7:28 pm)Storx Personally if your going to do stuff like that I'd be more radical and do something like especially if there was inter working tickets between Arriva and GNE:

On paper the 22/23 should be ran by GNE, and tbh the only reason they get passengers is if a GNE bus is either quite late or they're going past Dalton Park. Even for Peterlee to Sunderland, students get free travel so that helps the numbers however a lot of them just used to get the 62/X6.

24 Jan 2023, 8:48 am
(23 Jan 2023, 9:53 pm)Unber43 On paper the 22/23 should be ran by GNE, and tbh the only reason they get passengers is if a GNE bus is either quite late or they're going past Dalton Park. Even for Peterlee to Sunderland, students get free travel so that helps the numbers however a lot of them just used to get the 62/X6.

See personally I think it should be the other way round. Arriva are the stronger operator in East Durham especially Peterlee and the Western sides of the routes in Durham.

If it was just one operator then you could do something like:

22 - X6 Sunderland to Peterlee then current route (Every 30 minutes)
23 - No Changes
61 - No Changes (Every 30 Minutes
60 - No Changes (Every 15 Minutes)
23/60/61 - Every 7.5 Minutes combined. 
X6 - Withdrawn

Would tidy it up nicely with the 23/60/61being the 'local' route and the 22 being the Peterlee to Sunderland bus.
Storx
24 Jan 2023, 8:48 am #91

(23 Jan 2023, 9:53 pm)Unber43 On paper the 22/23 should be ran by GNE, and tbh the only reason they get passengers is if a GNE bus is either quite late or they're going past Dalton Park. Even for Peterlee to Sunderland, students get free travel so that helps the numbers however a lot of them just used to get the 62/X6.

See personally I think it should be the other way round. Arriva are the stronger operator in East Durham especially Peterlee and the Western sides of the routes in Durham.

If it was just one operator then you could do something like:

22 - X6 Sunderland to Peterlee then current route (Every 30 minutes)
23 - No Changes
61 - No Changes (Every 30 Minutes
60 - No Changes (Every 15 Minutes)
23/60/61 - Every 7.5 Minutes combined. 
X6 - Withdrawn

Would tidy it up nicely with the 23/60/61being the 'local' route and the 22 being the Peterlee to Sunderland bus.

24 Jan 2023, 1:57 pm
(23 Jan 2023, 5:58 pm)Unber43 Pretty sure 71 is being ran by Deptford from today as there is two graphites on it
Washington have graphite solo's on loan.
Retro Nero
24 Jan 2023, 1:57 pm #92

(23 Jan 2023, 5:58 pm)Unber43 Pretty sure 71 is being ran by Deptford from today as there is two graphites on it
Washington have graphite solo's on loan.

24 Jan 2023, 2:06 pm
(23 Jan 2023, 4:44 pm)Storx I think you got this mixed up mind. From what I'm aware it was more about drivers moving to depots they want rather than the routes. 

This was my understanding also however in order to start moving routes to new depots again that’s going to require drivers to spend time route learning at the new depots and for drivers at the old depots to learn the routes that remain at the old depot if they have not already. That would be fine but there are STILL short notice cancellations due to a lack of drivers. Surely the focus should be on running a service first and foremost. It doesn’t matter to passengers which depot the us is suppose I come from if it doesn’t turn up.
User2613
24 Jan 2023, 2:06 pm #93

(23 Jan 2023, 4:44 pm)Storx I think you got this mixed up mind. From what I'm aware it was more about drivers moving to depots they want rather than the routes. 

This was my understanding also however in order to start moving routes to new depots again that’s going to require drivers to spend time route learning at the new depots and for drivers at the old depots to learn the routes that remain at the old depot if they have not already. That would be fine but there are STILL short notice cancellations due to a lack of drivers. Surely the focus should be on running a service first and foremost. It doesn’t matter to passengers which depot the us is suppose I come from if it doesn’t turn up.

29 Jan 2023, 4:51 pm
Will the X66 get branded again for the Metrocentre - once the B7's go and is replaced by the spare E200MMC's?

What else has moved around and been withdrawn today?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
29 Jan 2023, 4:51 pm #94

Will the X66 get branded again for the Metrocentre - once the B7's go and is replaced by the spare E200MMC's?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

29 Jan 2023, 5:26 pm
(29 Jan 2023, 4:51 pm)Michael Will the X66 get branded again for the Metrocentre - once the B7's go and is replaced by the spare E200MMC's?

Ah so 97 will now be reduced permanently, with 57. 

And the 96 passengers have had a massive downgrade.
Unber43
29 Jan 2023, 5:26 pm #95

(29 Jan 2023, 4:51 pm)Michael Will the X66 get branded again for the Metrocentre - once the B7's go and is replaced by the spare E200MMC's?

Ah so 97 will now be reduced permanently, with 57. 

29 Jan 2023, 5:29 pm
(29 Jan 2023, 5:26 pm)Unber43 Ah so 97 will now be reduced permanently, with 57. 

The 96 appears to be interworking with the 49/49A now so it's going to have on whatever that has on.
Storx
29 Jan 2023, 5:29 pm #96

(29 Jan 2023, 5:26 pm)Unber43 Ah so 97 will now be reduced permanently, with 57. 

The 96 appears to be interworking with the 49/49A now so it's going to have on whatever that has on.

Dan
Site Administrator
29 Jan 2023, 6:08 pm

The 96 has been interworking with the 49 for months now. You’re a bit late in catching onto that ‘massive downgrade’.

The 97 remains a temporary reduction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan
29 Jan 2023, 6:08 pm #97

The 96 has been interworking with the 49 for months now. You’re a bit late in catching onto that ‘massive downgrade’.

The 97 remains a temporary reduction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

06 Feb 2023, 5:42 pm
Passed the 17:09 78 from Stanley which now terminates at Shiney Row 3 times in the last week. Each time the bus has shown Chester-le-Street as the destination.

Was a Shiney Row display actually created? I can't see drivers using the wrong one 3 times.
S813 FVK
06 Feb 2023, 5:42 pm #98

Passed the 17:09 78 from Stanley which now terminates at Shiney Row 3 times in the last week. Each time the bus has shown Chester-le-Street as the destination.

Was a Shiney Row display actually created? I can't see drivers using the wrong one 3 times.

06 Feb 2023, 5:49 pm
(06 Feb 2023, 5:42 pm)S813 FVK Passed the 17:09 78 from Stanley which is now terminates at Shiney Row 3 times in the last week. Every time the bus has shown Chester-le-Street as the destination.

Was a Shiney Row display actually created? I can't see drivers using the wrong display 3 times.
Pretty sure a similar thing happened with the 1 when the Metro was off the route ended at Tynemouth showed Whitley Bay for basically the entire time it was closed except the final week.
Unber43
06 Feb 2023, 5:49 pm #99

(06 Feb 2023, 5:42 pm)S813 FVK Passed the 17:09 78 from Stanley which is now terminates at Shiney Row 3 times in the last week. Every time the bus has shown Chester-le-Street as the destination.

Was a Shiney Row display actually created? I can't see drivers using the wrong display 3 times.
Pretty sure a similar thing happened with the 1 when the Metro was off the route ended at Tynemouth showed Whitley Bay for basically the entire time it was closed except the final week.

06 Feb 2023, 7:06 pm
Happened to my neighbour too, his 310 said North Shields but was only going as far as Norham Road, Norham Road is quite long, so dont know who they could get round that tbh

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
06 Feb 2023, 7:06 pm #100

Happened to my neighbour too, his 310 said North Shields but was only going as far as Norham Road, Norham Road is quite long, so dont know who they could get round that tbh

Kind Regards
Tez

Pages (6): Previous 14 5 6 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average