Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East GNE Enthusiast Area, Happy Anniversary

GNE Enthusiast Area, Happy Anniversary

GNE Enthusiast Area, Happy Anniversary

• 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average

Pages (2) Previous 1 2
Adrian

10 Aug 2023, 10:30 am #21
(10 Aug 2023, 9:54 am)busmanT You can update the May fleetlist using the details on the front page if you want an up to date list.

Do Stagecoach and Arriva have fleet lists on their websites?

I was going to respond in a similar vein... is it still required, when open data gives you live access to the data anyway? 

https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/fleet-list
https://bustimes.org/operators/go-north-east

It's likely to be one of those things that is nice to have for enthusiasts, but ultimately it comes at a resource cost of having someone maintain it, when the reality is that it's probably close to the bottom on the list of an operators' priorities...

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
10 Aug 2023, 10:30 am #21

(10 Aug 2023, 9:54 am)busmanT You can update the May fleetlist using the details on the front page if you want an up to date list.

Do Stagecoach and Arriva have fleet lists on their websites?

I was going to respond in a similar vein... is it still required, when open data gives you live access to the data anyway? 

https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/fleet-list
https://bustimes.org/operators/go-north-east

It's likely to be one of those things that is nice to have for enthusiasts, but ultimately it comes at a resource cost of having someone maintain it, when the reality is that it's probably close to the bottom on the list of an operators' priorities...

10 Aug 2023, 11:42 am #22
Prefer going off the actual list as it allows me to easily compare them and see if I've missed anything. Unfortunately Stagecoach and Arriva don't do similar, so I prob have some long gone scrappers still sat on my list.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
10 Aug 2023, 11:42 am #22

Prefer going off the actual list as it allows me to easily compare them and see if I've missed anything. Unfortunately Stagecoach and Arriva don't do similar, so I prob have some long gone scrappers still sat on my list.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.

10 Aug 2023, 5:03 pm #23
I regard the material put out by Go North East themselves as definitive, whereas other sources may be subject to errors. In particular, the Bustimes lists have a reputation for getting amended at the whim of someone who may or may not actually know what is really happening - I don't know whether the GNE page suffers from this, but the reputation is sufficient for me to take any of their "data" with a pinch of salt, and a big dose of skepticism if it seems a little .... unexpected!
Ianthegoon
10 Aug 2023, 5:03 pm #23

I regard the material put out by Go North East themselves as definitive, whereas other sources may be subject to errors. In particular, the Bustimes lists have a reputation for getting amended at the whim of someone who may or may not actually know what is really happening - I don't know whether the GNE page suffers from this, but the reputation is sufficient for me to take any of their "data" with a pinch of salt, and a big dose of skepticism if it seems a little .... unexpected!

Adrian

13 Aug 2023, 11:22 pm #24
(10 Aug 2023, 5:03 pm)Ianthegoon I regard the material put out by Go North East themselves as definitive, whereas other sources may be subject to errors. In particular, the Bustimes lists have a reputation for getting amended at the whim of someone who may or may not actually know what is really happening - I don't know whether the GNE page suffers from this, but the reputation is sufficient for me to take any of their "data" with a pinch of salt, and a big dose of skepticism if it seems a little .... unexpected!
The liveries on the GNE live fleet link are configured by GNE as far as I know, so more accurate than the user contributions on bustimes.

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

Adrian
13 Aug 2023, 11:22 pm #24

(10 Aug 2023, 5:03 pm)Ianthegoon I regard the material put out by Go North East themselves as definitive, whereas other sources may be subject to errors. In particular, the Bustimes lists have a reputation for getting amended at the whim of someone who may or may not actually know what is really happening - I don't know whether the GNE page suffers from this, but the reputation is sufficient for me to take any of their "data" with a pinch of salt, and a big dose of skepticism if it seems a little .... unexpected!
The liveries on the GNE live fleet link are configured by GNE as far as I know, so more accurate than the user contributions on bustimes.

14 Aug 2023, 12:10 am #25
(13 Aug 2023, 11:22 pm)Adrian The liveries on the GNE live fleet link are configured by GNE as far as I know, so more accurate than the user contributions on bustimes.

Just noticed there's a load of Arriva buses listed at the bottom of the interactive list on there - is that related to the 306/308 mapping or something else?
stagecoachbusdepot
14 Aug 2023, 12:10 am #25

(13 Aug 2023, 11:22 pm)Adrian The liveries on the GNE live fleet link are configured by GNE as far as I know, so more accurate than the user contributions on bustimes.

Just noticed there's a load of Arriva buses listed at the bottom of the interactive list on there - is that related to the 306/308 mapping or something else?

busmanT

14 Aug 2023, 6:31 pm #26
(14 Aug 2023, 12:10 am)stagecoachbusdepot Just noticed there's a load of Arriva buses listed at the bottom of the interactive list on there - is that related to the 306/308 mapping or something else?

It will be related to the 306/308 now being tracked on the GNE website - there seem to have been a large number of different Arriva buses used in the few weeks since this started.
busmanT
14 Aug 2023, 6:31 pm #26

(14 Aug 2023, 12:10 am)stagecoachbusdepot Just noticed there's a load of Arriva buses listed at the bottom of the interactive list on there - is that related to the 306/308 mapping or something else?

It will be related to the 306/308 now being tracked on the GNE website - there seem to have been a large number of different Arriva buses used in the few weeks since this started.

Pages (2) Previous 1 2

• 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average