Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East 41/41A

41/41A

41/41A

• 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average

06 Jan 2023, 6:12 pm
There are rumours about the 41/41A being axed between Hadrian Park- Howdon again from March, there is a consulation running

https://www.nexus.org.uk/consultation/it...ices-4141a

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
06 Jan 2023, 6:12 pm #1

There are rumours about the 41/41A being axed between Hadrian Park- Howdon again from March, there is a consulation running

https://www.nexus.org.uk/consultation/it...ices-4141a

Kind Regards
Tez

06 Jan 2023, 6:41 pm
I think one time when the Howdon bit was going to be cut some residents made a right fuss and got it running again. Same might happen this time. Might just be making this up though.
NEbushopper
06 Jan 2023, 6:41 pm #2

I think one time when the Howdon bit was going to be cut some residents made a right fuss and got it running again. Same might happen this time. Might just be making this up though.

06 Jan 2023, 11:10 pm
I don't see the point in consulting on this kind of stuff. If there is an average of one passenger per trip, and multiple alternatives within 300m, it's a shocking waste of public money to be funding it in the first place.
stagecoachbusdepot
06 Jan 2023, 11:10 pm #3

I don't see the point in consulting on this kind of stuff. If there is an average of one passenger per trip, and multiple alternatives within 300m, it's a shocking waste of public money to be funding it in the first place.

07 Jan 2023, 9:12 am
(06 Jan 2023, 11:10 pm)stagecoachbusdepot I don't see the point in consulting on this kind of stuff.  If there is an average of one passenger per trip, and multiple alternatives within 300m, it's a shocking waste of public money to be funding it in the first place.

Personally I blame the shocking advertising for them, the 51 in particular might not be busy but the bus service in Whitley Bay / Monkseaton is absolutely disgusting - no-one will use an hourly service so paying for hourly services is a waste of time.

Yet all the while there's 7 buses an hour tootling along via Hillheads picking no-one up. Bus planning at it's finest.

Marden Estate is exactly the same, but it's okay because some bus measures and cycle lanes by Corner House will fix everything since everyone can cycle 8 mile each way every day - yet again more wasting money or use the new air bus that's been brought in.

imo Arriva and Nexus need to sit down and resurrect the old 335 but going via Killingworth on the 54 route instead every 30 minutes. So it's the 51 between Whitley and Northumberland Park then the 54 from there to Newcastle additionally serving the part of the K1 via West Moor which also doesn't have a service. Both services are a shambles now. Who runs it who cares tbh.
Storx
07 Jan 2023, 9:12 am #4

(06 Jan 2023, 11:10 pm)stagecoachbusdepot I don't see the point in consulting on this kind of stuff.  If there is an average of one passenger per trip, and multiple alternatives within 300m, it's a shocking waste of public money to be funding it in the first place.

Personally I blame the shocking advertising for them, the 51 in particular might not be busy but the bus service in Whitley Bay / Monkseaton is absolutely disgusting - no-one will use an hourly service so paying for hourly services is a waste of time.

Yet all the while there's 7 buses an hour tootling along via Hillheads picking no-one up. Bus planning at it's finest.

Marden Estate is exactly the same, but it's okay because some bus measures and cycle lanes by Corner House will fix everything since everyone can cycle 8 mile each way every day - yet again more wasting money or use the new air bus that's been brought in.

imo Arriva and Nexus need to sit down and resurrect the old 335 but going via Killingworth on the 54 route instead every 30 minutes. So it's the 51 between Whitley and Northumberland Park then the 54 from there to Newcastle additionally serving the part of the K1 via West Moor which also doesn't have a service. Both services are a shambles now. Who runs it who cares tbh.

07 Jan 2023, 11:17 am
(07 Jan 2023, 9:12 am)Storx Personally I blame the shocking advertising for them, the 51 in particular might not be busy but the bus service in Whitley Bay / Monkseaton is absolutely disgusting - no-one will use an hourly service so paying for hourly services is a waste of time.

Yeah buses in North Tyneside are shocking. Most people who are going short distances want a more frequent service (20 Minutes) rather than an hourly service. It is stupid that the coast road gets 7 buses an hour whilst the rest of the area only gets a hourly service. It just proves where the priorities are.
NEbushopper
07 Jan 2023, 11:17 am #5

(07 Jan 2023, 9:12 am)Storx Personally I blame the shocking advertising for them, the 51 in particular might not be busy but the bus service in Whitley Bay / Monkseaton is absolutely disgusting - no-one will use an hourly service so paying for hourly services is a waste of time.

Yeah buses in North Tyneside are shocking. Most people who are going short distances want a more frequent service (20 Minutes) rather than an hourly service. It is stupid that the coast road gets 7 buses an hour whilst the rest of the area only gets a hourly service. It just proves where the priorities are.

07 Jan 2023, 6:05 pm
(07 Jan 2023, 11:17 am)NEbushopper Yeah buses in North Tyneside are shocking. Most people who are going short distances want a more frequent service (20 Minutes) rather than an hourly service. It is stupid that the coast road gets 7 buses an hour whilst the rest of the area only gets a hourly service. It just proves where the priorities are.
Perhaps it just proves where the passengers are!
busmanT
07 Jan 2023, 6:05 pm #6

(07 Jan 2023, 11:17 am)NEbushopper Yeah buses in North Tyneside are shocking. Most people who are going short distances want a more frequent service (20 Minutes) rather than an hourly service. It is stupid that the coast road gets 7 buses an hour whilst the rest of the area only gets a hourly service. It just proves where the priorities are.
Perhaps it just proves where the passengers are!

08 Jan 2023, 12:17 pm
(07 Jan 2023, 6:05 pm)busmanT Perhaps it just proves where the passengers are!
Looking at the Coast Rd in particular, the 306 and 308 have barely changed their routes from 5, 8 and 11, for as long as I can remember (306 through Battle Hill) and people are used to them. People like familiarity and the knowledge of the routes plus a frequent service. Too much chopping and changing drives people away. Stagecoach 1 comes to mind as well, that’s what it was when I was a kid.
As for the 41/41a, I think what people really wanted was a service back through to Wallsend from Howdon.
RMF1254
08 Jan 2023, 12:17 pm #7

(07 Jan 2023, 6:05 pm)busmanT Perhaps it just proves where the passengers are!
Looking at the Coast Rd in particular, the 306 and 308 have barely changed their routes from 5, 8 and 11, for as long as I can remember (306 through Battle Hill) and people are used to them. People like familiarity and the knowledge of the routes plus a frequent service. Too much chopping and changing drives people away. Stagecoach 1 comes to mind as well, that’s what it was when I was a kid.
As for the 41/41a, I think what people really wanted was a service back through to Wallsend from Howdon.

09 Jan 2023, 10:12 am
(08 Jan 2023, 12:17 pm)RMF1254 Looking at the Coast Rd in particular, the 306 and 308 have barely changed their routes from 5, 8 and 11, for as long as I can remember (306 through Battle Hill) and people are used to them. People like familiarity and the knowledge of the routes plus a frequent service. Too much chopping and changing drives people away. Stagecoach 1 comes to mind as well, that’s what it was when I was a kid.
Noth Tyneside network was wrecked way back in 2010 when nearly everthing was diverted via cobalt at the expense of everywhere else. Bring back the 44 to Whitley Bay.
ian foster
09 Jan 2023, 10:12 am #8

(08 Jan 2023, 12:17 pm)RMF1254 Looking at the Coast Rd in particular, the 306 and 308 have barely changed their routes from 5, 8 and 11, for as long as I can remember (306 through Battle Hill) and people are used to them. People like familiarity and the knowledge of the routes plus a frequent service. Too much chopping and changing drives people away. Stagecoach 1 comes to mind as well, that’s what it was when I was a kid.
Noth Tyneside network was wrecked way back in 2010 when nearly everthing was diverted via cobalt at the expense of everywhere else. Bring back the 44 to Whitley Bay.

11 Jan 2023, 8:23 pm
Theres more on there now, aswell as posters being up on buses, consultations for 41/41A, 51, 84/84A, 552, M6, W1, and W2

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
11 Jan 2023, 8:23 pm #9

Theres more on there now, aswell as posters being up on buses, consultations for 41/41A, 51, 84/84A, 552, M6, W1, and W2

Kind Regards
Tez

• 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average