Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East 'YOU ARE NOT A BUS DRIVER' ad

'YOU ARE NOT A BUS DRIVER' ad

'YOU ARE NOT A BUS DRIVER' ad

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Pages (3) 1 2 3 Next
10 Jan 2023, 4:34 pm #1
The new Go North East advert is definitely something a bit different!

https://youtu.be/hLRtFBmqKm0

It'll be interesting to see how many new drivers this will actually attract (and retain)
Adtrainsam
10 Jan 2023, 4:34 pm #1

The new Go North East advert is definitely something a bit different!

It'll be interesting to see how many new drivers this will actually attract (and retain)

xpm

10 Jan 2023, 5:10 pm #2
(10 Jan 2023, 4:34 pm)Adtrainsam The new Go North East advert is definitely something a bit different!

if only I had the time or inclination to make a parody video response.  Guess there’s always people willing to be poster boys or girls no matter how bad it is.  I suppose at least they’ve started using people that haven’t left in campaigns now.  Did see a cameo from our Dan as an upstanding member of the community on the other side of the cab for a change!
xpm
10 Jan 2023, 5:10 pm #2

(10 Jan 2023, 4:34 pm)Adtrainsam The new Go North East advert is definitely something a bit different!

if only I had the time or inclination to make a parody video response.  Guess there’s always people willing to be poster boys or girls no matter how bad it is.  I suppose at least they’ve started using people that haven’t left in campaigns now.  Did see a cameo from our Dan as an upstanding member of the community on the other side of the cab for a change!

10 Jan 2023, 6:02 pm #3
I'd love to see a 30 second cut of the ad (I'm guessing they did one as well if it's for TV).
Felt a bit too slow, but cut down I think it would be good!

Not sure about the voiceover though, didn't fit very well imo.

Overall, better than the Xlines ad!

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk
streetdeckfan
10 Jan 2023, 6:02 pm #3

I'd love to see a 30 second cut of the ad (I'm guessing they did one as well if it's for TV).
Felt a bit too slow, but cut down I think it would be good!

Not sure about the voiceover though, didn't fit very well imo.

Overall, better than the Xlines ad!

BusLoverMum

10 Jan 2023, 11:17 pm #4
Did the advertised training include that smiling?
BusLoverMum
10 Jan 2023, 11:17 pm #4

Did the advertised training include that smiling?

10 Jan 2023, 11:22 pm #5
They must have put everyone in the ad on laughing gas or something.

[Image: imageHandler.php?user=wibblejunior]
wibblejunior
10 Jan 2023, 11:22 pm #5

They must have put everyone in the ad on laughing gas or something.

[Image: imageHandler.php?user=wibblejunior]

Ambassador

11 Jan 2023, 12:01 am #6
What the **** was that? Wow my HR brain hurts….

Please tell me that was done in house and they didn’t pay an extortionate agency fee.

So one driver has been earning over 30k ages and the other one does but only after overtime…poor bloke.

If anyone would like to earn 30k for 9-5, no weekends, no public holidays, lots of comfortable home working then please visit indeed…

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Ambassador
11 Jan 2023, 12:01 am #6

What the **** was that? Wow my HR brain hurts….

Please tell me that was done in house and they didn’t pay an extortionate agency fee.

So one driver has been earning over 30k ages and the other one does but only after overtime…poor bloke.

If anyone would like to earn 30k for 9-5, no weekends, no public holidays, lots of comfortable home working then please visit indeed…

11 Jan 2023, 12:34 am #7
£30k my arse, unless you're wanting to work holidays or more than 40 hours per week.

New starters wouldn't even touch £30k.
omnicity4659
11 Jan 2023, 12:34 am #7

£30k my arse, unless you're wanting to work holidays or more than 40 hours per week.

New starters wouldn't even touch £30k.

11 Jan 2023, 12:39 am #8
Christ they must be desperate putting that ad out. Despite the recent wage rises new starters would still need to be working seven days a week to earn £30k.

Plus no mention of dealing with the smackheads, drunks, fare dodgers, feral kids and the fact all other road users and your own company management hate you.
Driver9***
11 Jan 2023, 12:39 am #8

Christ they must be desperate putting that ad out. Despite the recent wage rises new starters would still need to be working seven days a week to earn £30k.

Plus no mention of dealing with the smackheads, drunks, fare dodgers, feral kids and the fact all other road users and your own company management hate you.

itsadam

11 Jan 2023, 7:44 am #9

Arghhh!! I've never cringed so much in ma life
itsadam
11 Jan 2023, 7:44 am #9

Arghhh!! I've never cringed so much in ma life

11 Jan 2023, 10:42 am #10

Terrible - Purely Patronising and stands with an expectation that everyone that watches it is on less than £30k.
I will never understand why they can't have similar recruitment campaigns to most other places... 'BUS DRIVERS WANTED'.
Not impressed by the advert at all, that is probably because "I AM NOT A BUS DRIVER".
Haway GNE!
BusesInTheNorth
11 Jan 2023, 10:42 am #10

Terrible - Purely Patronising and stands with an expectation that everyone that watches it is on less than £30k.
I will never understand why they can't have similar recruitment campaigns to most other places... 'BUS DRIVERS WANTED'.
Not impressed by the advert at all, that is probably because "I AM NOT A BUS DRIVER".
Haway GNE!

11 Jan 2023, 10:43 am #11
(11 Jan 2023, 10:42 am)BusesInTheNorth Terrible - Purely Patronising and stands with an expectation that everyone that watches it is on less than £30k.
Haway GNE!
I like the concept of the advert, I just think it could have been executed a bit better!

streetdeckfan
11 Jan 2023, 10:43 am #11

(11 Jan 2023, 10:42 am)BusesInTheNorth Terrible - Purely Patronising and stands with an expectation that everyone that watches it is on less than £30k.
Haway GNE!
I like the concept of the advert, I just think it could have been executed a bit better!

F114TML

11 Jan 2023, 10:45 am #12
Good lord. That was... a thing I just watched...

Interesting they've seemingly gone back to just advertising the yearly rate, not the hourly one (and in any case, didn't they once claim £36k/year, I think even before the rise £12.83/hr or whatever it is?).
F114TML
11 Jan 2023, 10:45 am #12

Good lord. That was... a thing I just watched...

Interesting they've seemingly gone back to just advertising the yearly rate, not the hourly one (and in any case, didn't they once claim £36k/year, I think even before the rise £12.83/hr or whatever it is?).

11 Jan 2023, 10:53 am #13
I wonder how many GNE have poached from Arriva, I know at least one personally that switched because of the pay

streetdeckfan
11 Jan 2023, 10:53 am #13

I wonder how many GNE have poached from Arriva, I know at least one personally that switched because of the pay

F114TML

11 Jan 2023, 11:00 am #14
I must admit that the £12.83 advert on the back of every bus was tempting whilst we were doing the strikes (indeed, I would've jumped ship had the deal been rejected, as it would've resulted in an all-out strike).

But by August (or possibly October, depends on how they define 'a year' and I've heard both from various sources) I'll be on £13.57, and the way GNE operate is much different to how Stagecoach operate anyway so...
F114TML
11 Jan 2023, 11:00 am #14

I must admit that the £12.83 advert on the back of every bus was tempting whilst we were doing the strikes (indeed, I would've jumped ship had the deal been rejected, as it would've resulted in an all-out strike).

But by August (or possibly October, depends on how they define 'a year' and I've heard both from various sources) I'll be on £13.57, and the way GNE operate is much different to how Stagecoach operate anyway so...

N1cholas

11 Jan 2023, 12:26 pm #15
Go north west have released an identical advert, wonder which part of the group came up with the concept of the cheesy ad
N1cholas
11 Jan 2023, 12:26 pm #15

Go north west have released an identical advert, wonder which part of the group came up with the concept of the cheesy ad

Ambassador

11 Jan 2023, 12:34 pm #16
It sounds like Alfie Joey on the voiceover

Ambassador
11 Jan 2023, 12:34 pm #16

It sounds like Alfie Joey on the voiceover

11 Jan 2023, 12:47 pm #17
Christ, they've even got the campaign going on the NSA displays on board.

They're right, I don't love going to work, I get to stay at home and avoid interacting with people!

streetdeckfan
11 Jan 2023, 12:47 pm #17

Christ, they've even got the campaign going on the NSA displays on board.

They're right, I don't love going to work, I get to stay at home and avoid interacting with people!

11 Jan 2023, 1:05 pm #18
(11 Jan 2023, 12:26 pm)N1cholas Go north west have released an identical advert, wonder which part of the group came up with the concept of the cheesy ad
Given they use the same VO in the GNW ad, I'm guessing it was a North East production.

streetdeckfan
11 Jan 2023, 1:05 pm #18

(11 Jan 2023, 12:26 pm)N1cholas Go north west have released an identical advert, wonder which part of the group came up with the concept of the cheesy ad
Given they use the same VO in the GNW ad, I'm guessing it was a North East production.

Adrian

11 Jan 2023, 1:57 pm #19
From the website: https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/bus-driver
"This takes the basic annual wage for Go North East bus drivers on a guaranteed 39 hour week to £22,308 in the first year and £26,019 after year one (or straight away for existing licence holders) with regular opportunities to earn overtime each week on top of this."

So whilst the 30k is quoted in the image, the representative examples are between £22,308 and £26,019, with it later suggesting that "it's not uncommon for drivers to earn around £35,000 a year!"

Averaging exactly 45 hours a week at £12.83 per hour would be just over £30,000 a year.
Averaging exactly 52.5 hours a week at £12.83 per hour would be just over £35,000 a year.

Without commenting on the advert itself, there's too many variations of what the rate of pay is, with the headline figures not looking so attractive after you work out the overtime you'd have to sustain. It's also worth remembering that as with all overtime, it can be taken away as easily as it is given out, and from a financial sense, it's not a great idea to become reliant on variable pay.

If a role isn't salaried, then it should be quoted as an hourly rate.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
11 Jan 2023, 1:57 pm #19

From the website: https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/bus-driver
"This takes the basic annual wage for Go North East bus drivers on a guaranteed 39 hour week to £22,308 in the first year and £26,019 after year one (or straight away for existing licence holders) with regular opportunities to earn overtime each week on top of this."

So whilst the 30k is quoted in the image, the representative examples are between £22,308 and £26,019, with it later suggesting that "it's not uncommon for drivers to earn around £35,000 a year!"

Averaging exactly 45 hours a week at £12.83 per hour would be just over £30,000 a year.
Averaging exactly 52.5 hours a week at £12.83 per hour would be just over £35,000 a year.

Without commenting on the advert itself, there's too many variations of what the rate of pay is, with the headline figures not looking so attractive after you work out the overtime you'd have to sustain. It's also worth remembering that as with all overtime, it can be taken away as easily as it is given out, and from a financial sense, it's not a great idea to become reliant on variable pay.

If a role isn't salaried, then it should be quoted as an hourly rate.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

11 Jan 2023, 4:30 pm #20
(11 Jan 2023, 10:53 am)streetdeckfan I wonder how many GNE have poached from Arriva, I know at least one personally that switched because of the pay

less than the amount that have left Arriva and GNE for Stagecoach...
omnicity4659
11 Jan 2023, 4:30 pm #20

(11 Jan 2023, 10:53 am)streetdeckfan I wonder how many GNE have poached from Arriva, I know at least one personally that switched because of the pay

less than the amount that have left Arriva and GNE for Stagecoach...

Pages (3) 1 2 3 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average