Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Qualifying Agreement - A1058 Coast Road

Qualifying Agreement - A1058 Coast Road

Qualifying Agreement - A1058 Coast Road

• 5 Vote(s) - 2 Average

Pages (13) Previous 111 12 13
L469 YVK

Yesterday, 8:27 am #241
Just a thought. I was at the Haymarket last night and a couple weren't aware they could use Arriva day / return tickets on GNE's 307 & 309. I know it doesn't matter so much now with the £2 fares, TNE / NWrk1 tickets available. But should TNE/NTCA/Nexus/ANE/GNE not consider a joint unified brand for the Coast Road services?

I know both operators would have to be a bit more strict on allocations / branding, but inevitably would happen if a future ZEBRA bid was won. Maybe Coastline or CoastLink
L469 YVK
Yesterday, 8:27 am #241

Just a thought. I was at the Haymarket last night and a couple weren't aware they could use Arriva day / return tickets on GNE's 307 & 309. I know it doesn't matter so much now with the £2 fares, TNE / NWrk1 tickets available. But should TNE/NTCA/Nexus/ANE/GNE not consider a joint unified brand for the Coast Road services?

I know both operators would have to be a bit more strict on allocations / branding, but inevitably would happen if a future ZEBRA bid was won. Maybe Coastline or CoastLink

Yesterday, 10:12 am #242
(Yesterday, 8:27 am)L469 YVK Just a thought. I was at the Haymarket last night and a couple weren't aware they could use Arriva day / return tickets on GNE's 307 & 309. I know it doesn't matter so much now with the £2 fares, TNE / NWrk1 tickets available. But should TNE/NTCA/Nexus/ANE/GNE not consider a joint unified brand for the Coast Road services?

I would go with coastliner and paint the buses in the same colour scheme GNE used for the 100 years of tynemouth on 6101

Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/
ASX_Terranova
Yesterday, 10:12 am #242

(Yesterday, 8:27 am)L469 YVK Just a thought. I was at the Haymarket last night and a couple weren't aware they could use Arriva day / return tickets on GNE's 307 & 309. I know it doesn't matter so much now with the £2 fares, TNE / NWrk1 tickets available. But should TNE/NTCA/Nexus/ANE/GNE not consider a joint unified brand for the Coast Road services?

I would go with coastliner and paint the buses in the same colour scheme GNE used for the 100 years of tynemouth on 6101

Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/

L469 YVK

Yesterday, 5:18 pm #243
(Yesterday, 10:12 am)ASX_Terranova I would go with coastliner and paint the buses in the same colour scheme GNE used for the 100 years of tynemouth on 6101
See, I don't think that would be a bad idea for the actual colour scheme.

'COASTLINE' would be instantly recognisable in North Tyneside & Blyth for a brand given the 300, 301, 305, 308, 310, 325, 326 and other former Coastline/GoCo/GNE services that covered areas the 306, 307, 308 and 309 serve.

Maybe GNE / Arriva aren't going to the expense on these services knowing that a future ZEBRA bid will be likely or depending on this coming Thursday, the 'F' word.
Edited Yesterday, 5:19 pm by L469 YVK.
L469 YVK
Yesterday, 5:18 pm #243

(Yesterday, 10:12 am)ASX_Terranova I would go with coastliner and paint the buses in the same colour scheme GNE used for the 100 years of tynemouth on 6101
See, I don't think that would be a bad idea for the actual colour scheme.

'COASTLINE' would be instantly recognisable in North Tyneside & Blyth for a brand given the 300, 301, 305, 308, 310, 325, 326 and other former Coastline/GoCo/GNE services that covered areas the 306, 307, 308 and 309 serve.

Maybe GNE / Arriva aren't going to the expense on these services knowing that a future ZEBRA bid will be likely or depending on this coming Thursday, the 'F' word.

Ambassador

Yesterday, 5:58 pm #244
Would Coastline be a recognisable brand? It’s been what 20 plus years?
Ambassador
Yesterday, 5:58 pm #244

Would Coastline be a recognisable brand? It’s been what 20 plus years?

Storx

Yesterday, 6:30 pm #245
Personally I'd rather see these stupid tickets scrapped.

It'd be much better to have the following tickets with the area split into 4 zones imo using the Metro zones, with additional tickets for weekly, 4 weekly and yearly. *Prices are just examples.

Bus (Regionwide): £4.60
Metro / Rail (1 Zone): £4.00
Metro / Rail (2 Zones): £4.80
Metro / Rail (3 Zones): £5.40
Metro / Rail (All Zones): £6.00
Metro / Rail / Bus (1 Zone): £4.60
Metro / Rail / Bus (2 Zones): £5.40
Metro / Rail / Bus (3 Zones): £6.20
Metro / Rail / Bus (All Zones): £6.80

Network One, Metrosavers, TNE, Coast Road, Operator Specific + whatever else is around scrapped. It's ridiculous the number of pointless tickets there are up here and this is one of them. The vast majority of bus users will be just buying 2 singles anyway.
Edited Yesterday, 6:38 pm by Storx.
Storx
Yesterday, 6:30 pm #245

Personally I'd rather see these stupid tickets scrapped.

It'd be much better to have the following tickets with the area split into 4 zones imo using the Metro zones, with additional tickets for weekly, 4 weekly and yearly. *Prices are just examples.

Network One, Metrosavers, TNE, Coast Road, Operator Specific + whatever else is around scrapped. It's ridiculous the number of pointless tickets there are up here and this is one of them. The vast majority of bus users will be just buying 2 singles anyway.

ne14ne1

Yesterday, 6:40 pm #246
Hopefully all buses in the North East will eventually be in a single livery and along with integrated ticketing passengers won’t need to worry about who operates which route or which ticket they should buy.

The odd bus in a heritage livery is bearable, but to paint all Coast Rd buses in that old fashioned livery is a terrible idea IMO. Drab old looking buses certainly won’t temp people out of their cars.
Edited Yesterday, 6:47 pm by ne14ne1.
ne14ne1
Yesterday, 6:40 pm #246

Hopefully all buses in the North East will eventually be in a single livery and along with integrated ticketing passengers won’t need to worry about who operates which route or which ticket they should buy.

The odd bus in a heritage livery is bearable, but to paint all Coast Rd buses in that old fashioned livery is a terrible idea IMO. Drab old looking buses certainly won’t temp people out of their cars.

Yesterday, 8:19 pm #247
(Yesterday, 6:40 pm)ne14ne1 Hopefully all buses in the North East will eventually be in a single livery and along with integrated ticketing passengers won’t need to worry about who operates which route or which ticket they should buy.

The only real benefit is Arriva 

Least a repaint will hide all the odd bits of recycled paneling that is used when they replace a damaged one least GNE get the colour blending right
DaveFromUpNorth
Yesterday, 8:19 pm #247

(Yesterday, 6:40 pm)ne14ne1 Hopefully all buses in the North East will eventually be in a single livery and along with integrated ticketing passengers won’t need to worry about who operates which route or which ticket they should buy.

The only real benefit is Arriva 

Least a repaint will hide all the odd bits of recycled paneling that is used when they replace a damaged one least GNE get the colour blending right

Rob44

3 hours ago #248
(Yesterday, 6:30 pm)Storx Personally I'd rather see these stupid tickets scrapped.

Why anyone would want to use the metro zones as a structure for fares is beyond me!  I normally use my Maggie mover or get a £6 day ticket on the metro but always believed payed for the distance you travel .... no!!!  Its 2.80 from Central to Gateshead but for also 2.80 you can travel from felling to south Gosforth??

If you travel from pelaw to gateshead stadium or regent centre to Ilford road its 380??  Two journeys of under 5 minutes compare to 20 plus above.  Disgracefull!
Rob44
3 hours ago #248

(Yesterday, 6:30 pm)Storx Personally I'd rather see these stupid tickets scrapped.

Why anyone would want to use the metro zones as a structure for fares is beyond me!  I normally use my Maggie mover or get a £6 day ticket on the metro but always believed payed for the distance you travel .... no!!!  Its 2.80 from Central to Gateshead but for also 2.80 you can travel from felling to south Gosforth??

If you travel from pelaw to gateshead stadium or regent centre to Ilford road its 380??  Two journeys of under 5 minutes compare to 20 plus above.  Disgracefull!

Storx

16 minutes ago #249
(3 hours ago)Rob44 Why anyone would want to use the metro zones as a structure for fares is beyond me!  I normally use my Maggie mover or get a £6 day ticket on the metro but always believed payed for the distance you travel .... no!!!  Its 2.80 from Central to Gateshead but for also 2.80 you can travel from felling to south Gosforth??

It's just generally how fares work pretty much. The main place is always more expensive. Remember that journeys like Pelaw to Jarrow is the type of journey people will happy to jump in their cars in comparison to Newcastle so if you want to reduce car usage it's to sort of journey that needs to be subsidised more, coming from the cost of those travelling to the city. 

Obviously you could do what other cities do and have Zonal fares which are cheaper if you avoid Zone A (which wouldn't be unfair) but the post would've got long. 

The biggest problem with the current zones is the Tyne and Wear boundaries. Places like Chester Le Street, Seaham etc should all be part of the Zone C which would give massive reduction for those areas which currently have £6.80 a day and nothing above daily tickets. It's already happening in SE Northumberland with the River Blyth being the Zone C / D boundary.
Edited 15 minutes ago by Storx.
Storx
16 minutes ago #249

(3 hours ago)Rob44 Why anyone would want to use the metro zones as a structure for fares is beyond me!  I normally use my Maggie mover or get a £6 day ticket on the metro but always believed payed for the distance you travel .... no!!!  Its 2.80 from Central to Gateshead but for also 2.80 you can travel from felling to south Gosforth??

It's just generally how fares work pretty much. The main place is always more expensive. Remember that journeys like Pelaw to Jarrow is the type of journey people will happy to jump in their cars in comparison to Newcastle so if you want to reduce car usage it's to sort of journey that needs to be subsidised more, coming from the cost of those travelling to the city. 

Obviously you could do what other cities do and have Zonal fares which are cheaper if you avoid Zone A (which wouldn't be unfair) but the post would've got long. 

The biggest problem with the current zones is the Tyne and Wear boundaries. Places like Chester Le Street, Seaham etc should all be part of the Zone C which would give massive reduction for those areas which currently have £6.80 a day and nothing above daily tickets. It's already happening in SE Northumberland with the River Blyth being the Zone C / D boundary.

Rob44

3 minutes ago #250
(16 minutes ago)Storx It's just generally how fares work pretty much. The main place is always more expensive. Remember that journeys like Pelaw to Jarrow is the type of journey people will happy to jump in their cars in comparison to Newcastle so if you want to reduce car usage it's to sort of journey that needs to be subsidised more, coming from the cost of those travelling to the city. 

Is this a new thing... cause im sure when the metro first started there fares were based on distance. For example in my yongers days it was 45 single from hazlerigg to town, then road end to town was 37.5p the broadway 27p and from high street town was 22 p.  But hazlerigg to broadway was 32p and haxle rigg to haigh street was 37.5p.

As for journeys sure the most polluting are the short hops.  Who's going to pay 380 for 2 stop to go from pelaw to watch Gateshead at gateshead stadium  if they know they can jump on at at felling and get off south gosforth for 1 quid less. surely it should be more like under 5 stops 2 quid -6 to 10 3 quid 11-15 350, 15 + 450 or a t&w day ticket for 6.

Its all about value for money!
Rob44
3 minutes ago #250

(16 minutes ago)Storx It's just generally how fares work pretty much. The main place is always more expensive. Remember that journeys like Pelaw to Jarrow is the type of journey people will happy to jump in their cars in comparison to Newcastle so if you want to reduce car usage it's to sort of journey that needs to be subsidised more, coming from the cost of those travelling to the city. 

Is this a new thing... cause im sure when the metro first started there fares were based on distance. For example in my yongers days it was 45 single from hazlerigg to town, then road end to town was 37.5p the broadway 27p and from high street town was 22 p.  But hazlerigg to broadway was 32p and haxle rigg to haigh street was 37.5p.

As for journeys sure the most polluting are the short hops.  Who's going to pay 380 for 2 stop to go from pelaw to watch Gateshead at gateshead stadium  if they know they can jump on at at felling and get off south gosforth for 1 quid less. surely it should be more like under 5 stops 2 quid -6 to 10 3 quid 11-15 350, 15 + 450 or a t&w day ticket for 6.

Its all about value for money!

Pages (13) Previous 111 12 13

• 5 Vote(s) - 2 Average