Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Local Bus Events Seaburn Historic Vehicle Display 2023

Seaburn Historic Vehicle Display 2023

Seaburn Historic Vehicle Display 2023

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Aaron21

26 Feb 2023, 7:45 pm #1
Date confirmed as Monday 28th August
Aaron21
26 Feb 2023, 7:45 pm #1

Date confirmed as Monday 28th August

28 Aug 2023, 6:47 pm #2
Anyone attend this today? Popped down for a couple of hours not a great lot there to hang around for and seemed to be the same three or four vehicles doing the bus rides, though they did seem to be running pretty frequently. Notable absence of 268 and 838 from NEBPT again, haven't seen these in ages (2019 for 838 I think) hope they will return to the rally scene soon.
stagecoachbusdepot
28 Aug 2023, 6:47 pm #2

Anyone attend this today? Popped down for a couple of hours not a great lot there to hang around for and seemed to be the same three or four vehicles doing the bus rides, though they did seem to be running pretty frequently. Notable absence of 268 and 838 from NEBPT again, haven't seen these in ages (2019 for 838 I think) hope they will return to the rally scene soon.

Charles41

28 Aug 2023, 6:58 pm #3
Spent about an hour and a half there. Quite a good turnout. I'm probably not as interested in these events than I used to be. Actually preferred just watching the sea whilst eating lunch to being in the rally site.

Charles
Charles41
28 Aug 2023, 6:58 pm #3

Spent about an hour and a half there. Quite a good turnout. I'm probably not as interested in these events than I used to be. Actually preferred just watching the sea whilst eating lunch to being in the rally site.

Charles

Busu284

28 Aug 2023, 8:35 pm #4
(28 Aug 2023, 6:47 pm)stagecoachbusdepot Anyone attend this today?  Popped down for a couple of hours not a great lot there to hang around for and seemed to be the same three or four vehicles doing the bus rides, though they did seem to be running pretty frequently.  Notable absence of 268 and 838 from NEBPT again, haven't seen these in ages (2019 for 838 I think) hope they will return to the rally scene soon.

838 is getting repaired & 268 is not fixed
Busu284
28 Aug 2023, 8:35 pm #4

(28 Aug 2023, 6:47 pm)stagecoachbusdepot Anyone attend this today?  Popped down for a couple of hours not a great lot there to hang around for and seemed to be the same three or four vehicles doing the bus rides, though they did seem to be running pretty frequently.  Notable absence of 268 and 838 from NEBPT again, haven't seen these in ages (2019 for 838 I think) hope they will return to the rally scene soon.

838 is getting repaired & 268 is not fixed

28 Aug 2023, 10:06 pm #5
(28 Aug 2023, 8:35 pm)Busu284 838 is getting repaired & 268 is not fixed

Any idea what's up with them?  Don't think the single deck open topper or West Yorkshire Bristol coach have been out in a good few years either... all used to be regulars at NE events.
stagecoachbusdepot
28 Aug 2023, 10:06 pm #5

(28 Aug 2023, 8:35 pm)Busu284 838 is getting repaired & 268 is not fixed

Any idea what's up with them?  Don't think the single deck open topper or West Yorkshire Bristol coach have been out in a good few years either... all used to be regulars at NE events.

31 Aug 2023, 10:17 am #6

I went along and arrived just before 2pm. Was impressed with the cars on show but thought the bus display was disappointing this year. There were too many more modern buses there this year and a lack of old former GNE and Busways vehicles. Was hoping to see Metrobuses, Nationals and more Atlanteans etc. In the recent years I've been I've never seen any of these on the Heritage Tour and it's been ages since I caught a ride on them.

Speaking of the bus runs, I saw that the Economic open topper had a plate in the front with "Heritage Tour" but not once did I see it go out in the time I was there. Also the bus runs seemed to end earlier and they seemed to end at 3.30pm. I went out expecting one to turn up for 4pm. Was waiting till around 4.20pm but nothing showed up. I'm sure in previous years they have ran till as late as 4.30pm/5pm. Also there was no timetable on the board at the bus stop giving details of the times the buses were running.

Finally the event was down as running between 10am - 5pm but I saw some vehicles starting to leave around 3pm/3.30pm. When I was driving past the field to head home afterwards the whole field apart from the food vans was cleared and this was quite a bit before 5pm. I'm really not trying to be awkward or a moaner but it would be better to advertise it as 10am -4pm or something with vehicles leaving from 4pm and they should have last admission 3pm. Just a thought.
[
Edited 31 Aug 2023, 10:17 am by Washingtonian.
Washingtonian
31 Aug 2023, 10:17 am #6

I went along and arrived just before 2pm. Was impressed with the cars on show but thought the bus display was disappointing this year. There were too many more modern buses there this year and a lack of old former GNE and Busways vehicles. Was hoping to see Metrobuses, Nationals and more Atlanteans etc. In the recent years I've been I've never seen any of these on the Heritage Tour and it's been ages since I caught a ride on them.

Speaking of the bus runs, I saw that the Economic open topper had a plate in the front with "Heritage Tour" but not once did I see it go out in the time I was there. Also the bus runs seemed to end earlier and they seemed to end at 3.30pm. I went out expecting one to turn up for 4pm. Was waiting till around 4.20pm but nothing showed up. I'm sure in previous years they have ran till as late as 4.30pm/5pm. Also there was no timetable on the board at the bus stop giving details of the times the buses were running.

Finally the event was down as running between 10am - 5pm but I saw some vehicles starting to leave around 3pm/3.30pm. When I was driving past the field to head home afterwards the whole field apart from the food vans was cleared and this was quite a bit before 5pm. I'm really not trying to be awkward or a moaner but it would be better to advertise it as 10am -4pm or something with vehicles leaving from 4pm and they should have last admission 3pm. Just a thought.
[

Busu284

31 Aug 2023, 2:32 pm #7
(31 Aug 2023, 10:17 am)Washingtonian I went along and arrived just before 2pm. Was impressed with the cars on show but thought the bus display was disappointing this year. There were too many more modern buses there this year and a lack of old former GNE and Busways vehicles. Was hoping to see Metrobuses, Nationals and more Atlanteans etc. In the recent years I've been I've never seen any of these on the Heritage Tour and it's been ages since I caught a ride on them.

[

So the points brought up are

Economic 669 had a seat broken so was put out of service 

Everything started to leave early as the field at the top was becoming very bad in terms of the weather the day before 

The lack of Busways buses was 268 South Shields was being repaired hasn't been out all season. 838 is still be repaired. The other like 221 was entered however a return of NVK 341 turned up. The owner of 176 & 413 had slept in from what I was told. 

The nebpt owners had mentioned that Leyland Panther 53 & Atkinson 48 were in for repairs (but not mentioned what repairs)

The only buses I saw doing runs were 

Dennis Loline 599 from the 500 group 
Aycliffe Daimler AHN 451B 
Sunderland Busways Dart 1723
Economic 669
Rob Leyland Leopard YSF 87S 
JH59 COM OmniDekka replaced 669 run when it was took off

KBB 118D had problem starting up when it was due on a shuttle 

According to the list beg it update. 17 buses were entered. The usual lot in terms of the South Shields Daimler, Northumbria Delta didn't turn up which was a shock. Even stagecoach didn't turn up but from what i was told. The driver who always turns up was ill
Busu284
31 Aug 2023, 2:32 pm #7

(31 Aug 2023, 10:17 am)Washingtonian I went along and arrived just before 2pm. Was impressed with the cars on show but thought the bus display was disappointing this year. There were too many more modern buses there this year and a lack of old former GNE and Busways vehicles. Was hoping to see Metrobuses, Nationals and more Atlanteans etc. In the recent years I've been I've never seen any of these on the Heritage Tour and it's been ages since I caught a ride on them.

[

So the points brought up are

Economic 669 had a seat broken so was put out of service 

Everything started to leave early as the field at the top was becoming very bad in terms of the weather the day before 

The lack of Busways buses was 268 South Shields was being repaired hasn't been out all season. 838 is still be repaired. The other like 221 was entered however a return of NVK 341 turned up. The owner of 176 & 413 had slept in from what I was told. 

The nebpt owners had mentioned that Leyland Panther 53 & Atkinson 48 were in for repairs (but not mentioned what repairs)

The only buses I saw doing runs were 

Dennis Loline 599 from the 500 group 
Aycliffe Daimler AHN 451B 
Sunderland Busways Dart 1723
Economic 669
Rob Leyland Leopard YSF 87S 
JH59 COM OmniDekka replaced 669 run when it was took off

KBB 118D had problem starting up when it was due on a shuttle 

According to the list beg it update. 17 buses were entered. The usual lot in terms of the South Shields Daimler, Northumbria Delta didn't turn up which was a shock. Even stagecoach didn't turn up but from what i was told. The driver who always turns up was ill

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average