Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Bus Partnerships (multi-operator)

Bus Partnerships (multi-operator)

Bus Partnerships (multi-operator)

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Pages (5) Previous 13 4 5
13 May 2023, 8:22 pm #81
(13 May 2023, 10:49 am)DaveFromUpNorth Well local councilliors have stated in an email that they have no say whatsoever over nexus secured services

If that's the case, why are Nexus so obsessed with keeping a service in Tunstall Bank Estate then? It's an estate 2 minutes walk from a main road with a good bus service, yet they'll cut half a dozen other services in Sunderland. Nothing to do with councillors huh?
deanmachine
13 May 2023, 8:22 pm #81

(13 May 2023, 10:49 am)DaveFromUpNorth Well local councilliors have stated in an email that they have no say whatsoever over nexus secured services

If that's the case, why are Nexus so obsessed with keeping a service in Tunstall Bank Estate then? It's an estate 2 minutes walk from a main road with a good bus service, yet they'll cut half a dozen other services in Sunderland. Nothing to do with councillors huh?

Adrian

13 May 2023, 8:47 pm #82
(13 May 2023, 5:18 pm)busmanT Clearly not true - Nexus is run by the 5 Tyne & Wear Councils so local councillors do have a say. Tyne and Wear sub-committee papers show which councillors  are in control of Nexus.
https://northeastca.gov.uk/wp-content/up...Agenda.pdf
Yes, sounds like a cop out from a councillor to be honest.

To add to this post for reference - each Council are represented on the JTC, and whilst they may be from a different party, they're a cabinet member in their respective council and therefore contactable by any Councillor.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
13 May 2023, 8:47 pm #82

(13 May 2023, 5:18 pm)busmanT Clearly not true - Nexus is run by the 5 Tyne & Wear Councils so local councillors do have a say. Tyne and Wear sub-committee papers show which councillors  are in control of Nexus.
https://northeastca.gov.uk/wp-content/up...Agenda.pdf
Yes, sounds like a cop out from a councillor to be honest.

To add to this post for reference - each Council are represented on the JTC, and whilst they may be from a different party, they're a cabinet member in their respective council and therefore contactable by any Councillor.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Andreos1

14 May 2023, 1:43 pm #83
(13 May 2023, 6:23 pm)busmanT I doubt that loss making GNE can afford to undercut anyone - it’s competitive tendering and GNE normally lose out to GCT (recently services 19 & 71).

Won't it depend on the actual bid put in and the forecast returns?

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
14 May 2023, 1:43 pm #83

(13 May 2023, 6:23 pm)busmanT I doubt that loss making GNE can afford to undercut anyone - it’s competitive tendering and GNE normally lose out to GCT (recently services 19 & 71).

Won't it depend on the actual bid put in and the forecast returns?

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Rob44

14 May 2023, 2:31 pm #84
(14 May 2023, 1:43 pm)Andreos1 Won't it depend on the actual bid put in and the forecast returns?

Ive been on this site for a while and im still confused about this bids/tenders/returnS!

How can go north east sell there own tickets ( as they are advertising on FB for the 79) on a NEXUS service? Surely only NExus tickets could be sold and the fares collected go back to NEXUS.  I know dan said a while back that the 317 run BY SCNE kept all the fares which was reflected in how much they " bid" to run it but it seems confusing to me?

If GNE keep all the fares what stopping them from example cutting a service to zero even though it was showing after a profit of say £5 per week?  The when NEXUS put it out to tender bidding 52K a year meaning ( in very simple terms I know) they go from only makeing £5 a week to making £1005 Per week?? Even if they lost it they could then just turn around and say they will rung it commercially so there isnt a risk that I can see?
Rob44
14 May 2023, 2:31 pm #84

(14 May 2023, 1:43 pm)Andreos1 Won't it depend on the actual bid put in and the forecast returns?

Ive been on this site for a while and im still confused about this bids/tenders/returnS!

How can go north east sell there own tickets ( as they are advertising on FB for the 79) on a NEXUS service? Surely only NExus tickets could be sold and the fares collected go back to NEXUS.  I know dan said a while back that the 317 run BY SCNE kept all the fares which was reflected in how much they " bid" to run it but it seems confusing to me?

If GNE keep all the fares what stopping them from example cutting a service to zero even though it was showing after a profit of say £5 per week?  The when NEXUS put it out to tender bidding 52K a year meaning ( in very simple terms I know) they go from only makeing £5 a week to making £1005 Per week?? Even if they lost it they could then just turn around and say they will rung it commercially so there isnt a risk that I can see?

Dan

Site Administrator

14 May 2023, 3:28 pm #85
(14 May 2023, 2:31 pm)Rob44 Ive been on this site for a while and im still confused about this bids/tenders/returnS!

The operator decides in their tender submission whether or not they wish to take the revenue risk, and Nexus will determine what they believe offers the best value for money.

Even on contracts where the revenue risk lies with Nexus (as is the case here), the operator is able to sell and accept their own commercial products, subject to them coming to an agreement with Nexus on the financials for reimbursement.

On contracts where the revenue risk lies with the operator, the subsidy from Nexus is then reduced and the revenue taken onboard is effectively a ‘top up’ of the subsidy received from the local authority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan
14 May 2023, 3:28 pm #85

(14 May 2023, 2:31 pm)Rob44 Ive been on this site for a while and im still confused about this bids/tenders/returnS!

The operator decides in their tender submission whether or not they wish to take the revenue risk, and Nexus will determine what they believe offers the best value for money.

Even on contracts where the revenue risk lies with Nexus (as is the case here), the operator is able to sell and accept their own commercial products, subject to them coming to an agreement with Nexus on the financials for reimbursement.

On contracts where the revenue risk lies with the operator, the subsidy from Nexus is then reduced and the revenue taken onboard is effectively a ‘top up’ of the subsidy received from the local authority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeltaMan

14 May 2023, 4:30 pm #86
So long as NEXUS tickets are still available to buy, then I can't see the problem, so long as the operator is no better or worse off for buying and selling their own tickets.
DeltaMan
14 May 2023, 4:30 pm #86

So long as NEXUS tickets are still available to buy, then I can't see the problem, so long as the operator is no better or worse off for buying and selling their own tickets.

Unber43

14 May 2023, 4:31 pm #87
Also it might atleast increase usage on the service
Unber43
14 May 2023, 4:31 pm #87

Also it might atleast increase usage on the service

Rob44

14 May 2023, 4:59 pm #88
(14 May 2023, 4:30 pm)DeltaMan So long as NEXUS tickets are still available to buy, then I can't see the problem, so long as the operator is no better or worse off for buying and selling their own tickets.

Can you buy a NEXUS ticket on a GNE NEXUS secured service?
Rob44
14 May 2023, 4:59 pm #88

(14 May 2023, 4:30 pm)DeltaMan So long as NEXUS tickets are still available to buy, then I can't see the problem, so long as the operator is no better or worse off for buying and selling their own tickets.

Can you buy a NEXUS ticket on a GNE NEXUS secured service?

DeltaMan

14 May 2023, 5:46 pm #89
(14 May 2023, 4:59 pm)Rob44 Can you buy a NEXUS ticket on a GNE NEXUS secured service?
According to this you can on the 643

https://www.nexus.org.uk/bus/fares-selec...s-services
DeltaMan
14 May 2023, 5:46 pm #89

(14 May 2023, 4:59 pm)Rob44 Can you buy a NEXUS ticket on a GNE NEXUS secured service?
According to this you can on the 643

Rob44

14 May 2023, 6:14 pm #90
(14 May 2023, 5:46 pm)DeltaMan According to this you can on the 643

So If i but a NEXUS day ticket on the first 29 of the day I cant get home LOL
Rob44
14 May 2023, 6:14 pm #90

(14 May 2023, 5:46 pm)DeltaMan According to this you can on the 643

So If i but a NEXUS day ticket on the first 29 of the day I cant get home LOL