Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East May Changes

May Changes

May Changes

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

Pages (3) Previous 1 2 3
V514DFT

24 Apr 2023, 10:17 am #41
(23 Apr 2023, 9:20 pm)Busu284 The 19 by gne was ran to 20 to 40 to an hour late half the time. The 19 by gct has been ran fine bar once where it ran an hour late. I'm in no way blaming I just don't see how gct can keep a time running properly to gne running it late 90% of the time
11 was another that was always late, even going back to the days of it being the 17

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
24 Apr 2023, 10:17 am #41

(23 Apr 2023, 9:20 pm)Busu284 The 19 by gne was ran to 20 to 40 to an hour late half the time. The 19 by gct has been ran fine bar once where it ran an hour late. I'm in no way blaming I just don't see how gct can keep a time running properly to gne running it late 90% of the time
11 was another that was always late, even going back to the days of it being the 17

Kind Regards
Tez

Malarkey

24 Apr 2023, 4:52 pm #42
(23 Apr 2023, 5:59 pm)citaro5284 Has it not got anything to do with the 4 way traffic lights on Saltmeadows Road and the roadworks?

That's funny, doesn't the 93/94 have to contend with the same set of lights yet I don't see the reliability of those services being impacted.
Malarkey
24 Apr 2023, 4:52 pm #42

(23 Apr 2023, 5:59 pm)citaro5284 Has it not got anything to do with the 4 way traffic lights on Saltmeadows Road and the roadworks?

That's funny, doesn't the 93/94 have to contend with the same set of lights yet I don't see the reliability of those services being impacted.

Unber43

24 Apr 2023, 5:02 pm #43
Could that be due to the 15 mins they've got at Gateshead?
Unber43
24 Apr 2023, 5:02 pm #43

Could that be due to the 15 mins they've got at Gateshead?

L469 YVK

24 Apr 2023, 8:52 pm #44
(23 Apr 2023, 10:55 pm)Storx Aye be interesting mind if they did. Guess we'd only know though if they lost it and they take it on during the grace period. It compliments the 22 in the Howdon area aswell and makes the 1 pretty much redundant for most people who live round there, unless they hate Stagecoach for whatever reason.
In theory, the 1 could be broken up into different sections:

- 22A - covers the section of the 1 between Byker and Wallsend (via Appletree Gardens)

- 22/22A split - 22 still to Cobalt & Silverlink every 20 minutes. 22A to North Shields (and maybe Tynemouth) every 20 minutes

- 57 & 57A extended to North Shields via 306 route but serves Tynemouth Road rather than Linskill Terrace

- 306 does the current 1 route between Tynemouth & Whitley Bay >>> much better during the evenings and gets rid of the wasted layover in Tynemouth

- 97 re-instated as was

Also.......if GNE won a bid (maybe joint with Arriva) to electrify the 307 & 309, would GNE justify a new depot in North Tyneside unless a brand new 'depot in depot' was built and maybe shared with Arriva, noting that Arriva if they won the 306 & 308 as part of that bid....would also have the 43/44/45 & 47 to account for? Maybe with GNE also having the Q3, somewhere around Sandy Lane (as previously rumoured for Arriva) could be the perfect location for both operators.

Arriva maybe won't be as dominant in Blyth in future years, so not too far from Cramlington and even Killingworth for changeovers & reliefs.

GNE would change the Q3 in Great Park and for simplicity, could do remote reliefs for both the 307 & 309 in High Farm (via Sandy Lane > NT Council Offices > Forest Hall > Whitley Road > Station Road).
L469 YVK
24 Apr 2023, 8:52 pm #44

(23 Apr 2023, 10:55 pm)Storx Aye be interesting mind if they did. Guess we'd only know though if they lost it and they take it on during the grace period. It compliments the 22 in the Howdon area aswell and makes the 1 pretty much redundant for most people who live round there, unless they hate Stagecoach for whatever reason.
In theory, the 1 could be broken up into different sections:

- 22A - covers the section of the 1 between Byker and Wallsend (via Appletree Gardens)

- 22/22A split - 22 still to Cobalt & Silverlink every 20 minutes. 22A to North Shields (and maybe Tynemouth) every 20 minutes

- 57 & 57A extended to North Shields via 306 route but serves Tynemouth Road rather than Linskill Terrace

- 306 does the current 1 route between Tynemouth & Whitley Bay >>> much better during the evenings and gets rid of the wasted layover in Tynemouth

- 97 re-instated as was

Also.......if GNE won a bid (maybe joint with Arriva) to electrify the 307 & 309, would GNE justify a new depot in North Tyneside unless a brand new 'depot in depot' was built and maybe shared with Arriva, noting that Arriva if they won the 306 & 308 as part of that bid....would also have the 43/44/45 & 47 to account for? Maybe with GNE also having the Q3, somewhere around Sandy Lane (as previously rumoured for Arriva) could be the perfect location for both operators.

Arriva maybe won't be as dominant in Blyth in future years, so not too far from Cramlington and even Killingworth for changeovers & reliefs.

GNE would change the Q3 in Great Park and for simplicity, could do remote reliefs for both the 307 & 309 in High Farm (via Sandy Lane > NT Council Offices > Forest Hall > Whitley Road > Station Road).

Busu284

24 Apr 2023, 9:40 pm #45
(24 Apr 2023, 8:52 pm)L469 YVK In theory, the 1 could be broken up into different sections:

- 97 re-instated as was

Non of that makes any sense & would kill each route especially the 306/57/57A part. That would make people on Linskill Terrace lose a bus & Tynemouth Road for some reason gain a bus every 10 minutes of which it doesn't need. 

Idk why people have this idea withdrawn or changing the 1 is gonna be good foe some reason. The 1 is a profitable service which gets many people on board. The 1 is a asset to North Tyneside. Think about it. U withdrawn the 1. Metro passengers are screwed. Most the people who use the 1 to get to Newcastle are screwed & so are many people getting home. The 1 is a good service of which many people use. The withdrawal of the 97 has in some way boosted passengers numbers on the 1 from what I've been seeing. Journeys in the morning after 7am have been busy & decekrs have had really good loading. Non of what u say about splitting the 1 up would be a good idea

57/57A to North Shields via thr 306 route would just kill it

Making the 306 go to Whitley Bay on an evening instead of having the long layover in Tynemouth is daft as all hell. I've been in the 306 lates many many of times. And the bus is empty by the time the service passes North Shields so why send an empty service to Whitley Bay
Busu284
24 Apr 2023, 9:40 pm #45

(24 Apr 2023, 8:52 pm)L469 YVK In theory, the 1 could be broken up into different sections:

- 97 re-instated as was

Non of that makes any sense & would kill each route especially the 306/57/57A part. That would make people on Linskill Terrace lose a bus & Tynemouth Road for some reason gain a bus every 10 minutes of which it doesn't need. 

Idk why people have this idea withdrawn or changing the 1 is gonna be good foe some reason. The 1 is a profitable service which gets many people on board. The 1 is a asset to North Tyneside. Think about it. U withdrawn the 1. Metro passengers are screwed. Most the people who use the 1 to get to Newcastle are screwed & so are many people getting home. The 1 is a good service of which many people use. The withdrawal of the 97 has in some way boosted passengers numbers on the 1 from what I've been seeing. Journeys in the morning after 7am have been busy & decekrs have had really good loading. Non of what u say about splitting the 1 up would be a good idea

Making the 306 go to Whitley Bay on an evening instead of having the long layover in Tynemouth is daft as all hell. I've been in the 306 lates many many of times. And the bus is empty by the time the service passes North Shields so why send an empty service to Whitley Bay

Storx

27 Apr 2023, 10:25 am #46
(24 Apr 2023, 9:40 pm)Busu284 Non of that makes any sense & would kill each route especially the 306/57/57A part. That would make people on Linskill Terrace lose a bus & Tynemouth Road for some reason gain a bus every 10 minutes of which it doesn't need. 

In fairness it's not the worst idea in the world and we don't usually agree about things. The 1 isn't profitable as it's subsidised by the tax payer in the evening.

The 1 just duplicates the 22 between Howdon and Newcastle and offers nothing of value bar the one street. If the 22A was done like mentioned above and extended to Whitley Bay via the 1 route instead then there's loss of service at all. It's just reducing an over crowded corridor from 9 buses an hour to 6 buses, the Coast still has it's 3 buses an hour - it's basically just renumbering the 1 to 22A.

The 57/57A to Tynemouth via the 306 route (doesn't need to go further) wouldn't be the worst idea and would give links from up this way down the Coast which is a complete pain in the arse right now. I could see especially in the Summer it being quite popular for days out to the beach etc. I'd be tempted to say extend it to North Shields via the Fish Quay aswell and scrap the 19 going down there. Would give Tynemouth <> Fish Quay / Ferry <> North Shields links that don't exist.

Personally I'd terminate the 306 back at Tynemouth, replaced by the 57/57A. The 22A would be a corridor I'd also explore for a nightbus aswell since it duplicates the Metro and could be popular imo.
Storx
27 Apr 2023, 10:25 am #46

(24 Apr 2023, 9:40 pm)Busu284 Non of that makes any sense & would kill each route especially the 306/57/57A part. That would make people on Linskill Terrace lose a bus & Tynemouth Road for some reason gain a bus every 10 minutes of which it doesn't need. 

In fairness it's not the worst idea in the world and we don't usually agree about things. The 1 isn't profitable as it's subsidised by the tax payer in the evening.

The 1 just duplicates the 22 between Howdon and Newcastle and offers nothing of value bar the one street. If the 22A was done like mentioned above and extended to Whitley Bay via the 1 route instead then there's loss of service at all. It's just reducing an over crowded corridor from 9 buses an hour to 6 buses, the Coast still has it's 3 buses an hour - it's basically just renumbering the 1 to 22A.

The 57/57A to Tynemouth via the 306 route (doesn't need to go further) wouldn't be the worst idea and would give links from up this way down the Coast which is a complete pain in the arse right now. I could see especially in the Summer it being quite popular for days out to the beach etc. I'd be tempted to say extend it to North Shields via the Fish Quay aswell and scrap the 19 going down there. Would give Tynemouth <> Fish Quay / Ferry <> North Shields links that don't exist.

Personally I'd terminate the 306 back at Tynemouth, replaced by the 57/57A. The 22A would be a corridor I'd also explore for a nightbus aswell since it duplicates the Metro and could be popular imo.

Pages (3) Previous 1 2 3

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average