Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Additional Coasters

Additional Coasters

Additional Coasters

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (3) Previous 1 2 3
Adrian

31 Aug 2023, 9:31 am #41
(30 Aug 2023, 5:43 pm)ne14ne1 Yeah that’s a massive oversight on all route brand designs that don’t include the number. 
When they’re covering on another route it can cause confusion to unfamiliar travellers as it’s not clear the destinations listed within the livery don’t apply to that service.

Doesn't it cause an equal amount of confusion? If your bus has X66 Metrocentre on the front, but Coaster 1 Whitley Bay, etc on the side, where is it going to?

I can't see how the inclusion/omission of the service number from the branding, makes the slightest bit of difference here.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
31 Aug 2023, 9:31 am #41

(30 Aug 2023, 5:43 pm)ne14ne1 Yeah that’s a massive oversight on all route brand designs that don’t include the number. 
When they’re covering on another route it can cause confusion to unfamiliar travellers as it’s not clear the destinations listed within the livery don’t apply to that service.

Doesn't it cause an equal amount of confusion? If your bus has X66 Metrocentre on the front, but Coaster 1 Whitley Bay, etc on the side, where is it going to?

I can't see how the inclusion/omission of the service number from the branding, makes the slightest bit of difference here.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Chris 1

31 Aug 2023, 11:31 am #42
(30 Aug 2023, 4:11 pm)S813 FVK If any inclusion of Metrocentre was done, I'd hope it would be to advise customers to continue to change onto the X66 at Gateshead given how much quicker it is.

Sent from my STK-LX1 using Tapatalk

A fair comment in relation to passengers prior to and including Gateshead, but what about those from Bensham/Lobley Hill/Whickham travelling to the Metrocentre? On an attractively branded bus and no mention within the branding of the ultimate destination, a destination which is a draw in its own right.
Chris 1
31 Aug 2023, 11:31 am #42

(30 Aug 2023, 4:11 pm)S813 FVK If any inclusion of Metrocentre was done, I'd hope it would be to advise customers to continue to change onto the X66 at Gateshead given how much quicker it is.

Sent from my STK-LX1 using Tapatalk

A fair comment in relation to passengers prior to and including Gateshead, but what about those from Bensham/Lobley Hill/Whickham travelling to the Metrocentre? On an attractively branded bus and no mention within the branding of the ultimate destination, a destination which is a draw in its own right.

31 Aug 2023, 11:55 am #43
Why waste money on a Metrocentre vinyl when it says it on the display right next to it anyway?
streetdeckfan
31 Aug 2023, 11:55 am #43

Why waste money on a Metrocentre vinyl when it says it on the display right next to it anyway?

Chris 1

31 Aug 2023, 12:42 pm #44
(31 Aug 2023, 11:55 am)streetdeckfan Why waste money on a Metrocentre vinyl when it says it on the display right next to it anyway?

I agree, that's my personal opinion on branding as a whole.  But in this case, if you're going to do it, I don't get why you'd brand it and ignore a whole section of route?  If you're a punter in Lobley Hill or Whickham for example, surely the Metrocentre is a more likely journey than Byker, Wallsend or Whitley Bay?  The Green Arrows made reference to the Metrocentre, why not this?
Chris 1
31 Aug 2023, 12:42 pm #44

(31 Aug 2023, 11:55 am)streetdeckfan Why waste money on a Metrocentre vinyl when it says it on the display right next to it anyway?

I agree, that's my personal opinion on branding as a whole.  But in this case, if you're going to do it, I don't get why you'd brand it and ignore a whole section of route?  If you're a punter in Lobley Hill or Whickham for example, surely the Metrocentre is a more likely journey than Byker, Wallsend or Whitley Bay?  The Green Arrows made reference to the Metrocentre, why not this?

ne14ne1

31 Aug 2023, 2:03 pm #45
(31 Aug 2023, 9:31 am)Adrian Doesn't it cause an equal amount of confusion? If your bus has X66 Metrocentre on the front, but Coaster 1 Whitley Bay, etc on the side, where is it going to?

Agree a route branded bus covering on another route is confusing, hence why everything should just be corporate red to keep things simple.
My point was when route branding is designed the sensible thing would be to include the service number within the livery beside the destinations, therefore at least when a Coaster is on the X66 for example, you can see that Whitley Bay etc apply to service 1, not X66.
ne14ne1
31 Aug 2023, 2:03 pm #45

(31 Aug 2023, 9:31 am)Adrian Doesn't it cause an equal amount of confusion? If your bus has X66 Metrocentre on the front, but Coaster 1 Whitley Bay, etc on the side, where is it going to?

Agree a route branded bus covering on another route is confusing, hence why everything should just be corporate red to keep things simple.
My point was when route branding is designed the sensible thing would be to include the service number within the livery beside the destinations, therefore at least when a Coaster is on the X66 for example, you can see that Whitley Bay etc apply to service 1, not X66.

Pages (3) Previous 1 2 3

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average