Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East September 2023 changes

Go North East September 2023 changes

Go North East September 2023 changes

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (26) Previous 124 25 26
12 Sep 2023, 6:42 pm #501
They will probably have found a suitable location nearby to change drivers.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
12 Sep 2023, 6:42 pm #501

They will probably have found a suitable location nearby to change drivers.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/

14 Sep 2023, 5:03 pm #502
The North Tyneside Rocket brand isn't going to work if they keep hiding the buses (or are the rockets disappearing into black holes). Everytime I've went to photo or even seen a NT Rocket route today (not using the bus times tracker and going old school), it was mainly a standard roadstripe livered Streetlite, and in one case one of the workings was a Cobalt and Coast Gemini. I only managed to photo only one NT rocket today, and I'm sure yesterday there was at least 2 on the Coaster as I saw 2 pass my shop within a short timespan (not long enough for it to reach either Whitley Bay or Metrocentre and come back to Wallsend). If they want the brand to work, then the brand needs to be seen.

Rapidsnap
14 Sep 2023, 5:03 pm #502

The North Tyneside Rocket brand isn't going to work if they keep hiding the buses (or are the rockets disappearing into black holes). Everytime I've went to photo or even seen a NT Rocket route today (not using the bus times tracker and going old school), it was mainly a standard roadstripe livered Streetlite, and in one case one of the workings was a Cobalt and Coast Gemini. I only managed to photo only one NT rocket today, and I'm sure yesterday there was at least 2 on the Coaster as I saw 2 pass my shop within a short timespan (not long enough for it to reach either Whitley Bay or Metrocentre and come back to Wallsend). If they want the brand to work, then the brand needs to be seen.

ne14ne1

14 Sep 2023, 5:42 pm #503
(14 Sep 2023, 5:03 pm)Rapidsnap The North Tyneside Rocket brand isn't going to work if they keep hiding the buses (or are the rockets disappearing into black holes). Everytime I've went to photo or even seen a NT Rocket route today (not using the bus times tracker and going old school), it was mainly a standard roadstripe livered Streetlite, and in one case one of the workings was a Cobalt and Coast Gemini. I only managed to photo only one NT rocket today, and I'm sure yesterday there was at least 2 on the Coaster as I saw 2 pass my shop within a short timespan (not long enough for it to reach either Whitley Bay or Metrocentre and come back to Wallsend). If they want the brand to work, then the brand needs to be seen.

North Tyne Rockets “brand” was just a cheap solution to save them painting the Orbits into Corporate. 
We knew the Coasters, North Tyne Rockets and Cobalt & Coasts wouldn’t/couldn’t be kept to their own routes. They’re no different to any of the other “brands” throughout GNE.
ne14ne1
14 Sep 2023, 5:42 pm #503

(14 Sep 2023, 5:03 pm)Rapidsnap The North Tyneside Rocket brand isn't going to work if they keep hiding the buses (or are the rockets disappearing into black holes). Everytime I've went to photo or even seen a NT Rocket route today (not using the bus times tracker and going old school), it was mainly a standard roadstripe livered Streetlite, and in one case one of the workings was a Cobalt and Coast Gemini. I only managed to photo only one NT rocket today, and I'm sure yesterday there was at least 2 on the Coaster as I saw 2 pass my shop within a short timespan (not long enough for it to reach either Whitley Bay or Metrocentre and come back to Wallsend). If they want the brand to work, then the brand needs to be seen.

North Tyne Rockets “brand” was just a cheap solution to save them painting the Orbits into Corporate. 
We knew the Coasters, North Tyne Rockets and Cobalt & Coasts wouldn’t/couldn’t be kept to their own routes. They’re no different to any of the other “brands” throughout GNE.

busmanT

14 Sep 2023, 9:33 pm #504
(12 Sep 2023, 2:50 pm)Retro Nero 726/727/728 are going to Percy Main eventually after repaint

They are still needed at Sunderland - the 700 will still be one of these in Connect livery, with the other two being used on other services from Sunderland.

(11 Sep 2023, 8:26 pm)F114TML Has the 701 route changed? I've noticed it turning right immediately after the bridge rather than going up to Roker Avenue.

If so, why? Seems strange to me as there's often students using that stop,presumably cos it serves the retail park and there's probably student flats nearby.

I'm sure that Nexus knew what they were doing when they decided to change the route.

(11 Sep 2023, 8:26 pm)F114TML Has the 701 route changed? I've noticed it turning right immediately after the bridge rather than going up to Roker Avenue.

If so, why? Seems strange to me as there's often students using that stop,presumably cos it serves the retail park and there's probably student flats nearby.

I'm sure that Nexus knew what they were doing when they decided to change the route.
Edited 14 Sep 2023, 9:35 pm by busmanT.
busmanT
14 Sep 2023, 9:33 pm #504

(12 Sep 2023, 2:50 pm)Retro Nero 726/727/728 are going to Percy Main eventually after repaint

They are still needed at Sunderland - the 700 will still be one of these in Connect livery, with the other two being used on other services from Sunderland.

Pages (26) Previous 124 25 26

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average