Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Arriva North East Durham depot

Durham depot

Durham depot

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

itsadam

05 Jul 2023, 10:40 pm #1
This is something that's bothered me a bit and I've never got round to making a thread for it. Why does Durham never get as much investment as other depos do? Their buses are dated and could use a bit of TLC
itsadam
05 Jul 2023, 10:40 pm #1

This is something that's bothered me a bit and I've never got round to making a thread for it. Why does Durham never get as much investment as other depos do? Their buses are dated and could use a bit of TLC

Storx

06 Jul 2023, 6:43 am #2
Dunno they get as much investment as anywhere else. The bigger problem is Durham don't look after their buses.

Anything that moves up here from there are in appalling condition, ripped seats, completely dirty etc.

It's a depot issue more than anything and it's not like they can say Durham is worse than Blyth and Ashington.

Darlington aren't much better some of the junk ie. Solo's they sent up aren't much better.
Storx
06 Jul 2023, 6:43 am #2

Dunno they get as much investment as anywhere else. The bigger problem is Durham don't look after their buses.

Anything that moves up here from there are in appalling condition, ripped seats, completely dirty etc.

It's a depot issue more than anything and it's not like they can say Durham is worse than Blyth and Ashington.

Darlington aren't much better some of the junk ie. Solo's they sent up aren't much better.

V514DFT

06 Jul 2023, 5:46 pm #3
(06 Jul 2023, 6:43 am)Storx Dunno they get as much investment as anywhere else. The bigger problem is Durham don't look after their buses.

Durham, Blyth, and Ashington, cut from the same cloth

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
06 Jul 2023, 5:46 pm #3

(06 Jul 2023, 6:43 am)Storx Dunno they get as much investment as anywhere else. The bigger problem is Durham don't look after their buses.

Durham, Blyth, and Ashington, cut from the same cloth

Kind Regards
Tez

Storx

06 Jul 2023, 5:49 pm #4
(06 Jul 2023, 5:46 pm)V514DFT Durham, Blyth, and Ashington, cut from the same cloth

Blyth and Ashington are fine I think personally. The Geminis and the Enviros that they've had all their life are in good condition imo especially for their age. 

It's the crap that's come in from elsewhere that are the problem imo
Storx
06 Jul 2023, 5:49 pm #4

(06 Jul 2023, 5:46 pm)V514DFT Durham, Blyth, and Ashington, cut from the same cloth

Blyth and Ashington are fine I think personally. The Geminis and the Enviros that they've had all their life are in good condition imo especially for their age. 

It's the crap that's come in from elsewhere that are the problem imo

06 Jul 2023, 8:04 pm #5

Currently on 7516 and it's absolutely awful!
There's an unbearable amount of wind noise coming from the top of the upstairs windscreen, I'm pretty sure there's nowt holding the top in!

Going 56mph down the A167 it sounded like it was going to explode

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk
streetdeckfan
06 Jul 2023, 8:04 pm #5

Currently on 7516 and it's absolutely awful!
There's an unbearable amount of wind noise coming from the top of the upstairs windscreen, I'm pretty sure there's nowt holding the top in!

Storx

06 Jul 2023, 9:08 pm #6
(06 Jul 2023, 8:04 pm)streetdeckfan Currently on 7516 and it's absolutely awful!

ngl, I'm surprised the things still going 56mph, the Enviro's are generally knackered especially the ones that got rat arsed upto Berwick daily.
Storx
06 Jul 2023, 9:08 pm #6

(06 Jul 2023, 8:04 pm)streetdeckfan Currently on 7516 and it's absolutely awful!

ngl, I'm surprised the things still going 56mph, the Enviro's are generally knackered especially the ones that got rat arsed upto Berwick daily.

RobinHood

06 Jul 2023, 9:31 pm #7
(05 Jul 2023, 10:40 pm)itsadam This is something that's bothered me a bit and I've never got round to making a thread for it. Why does Durham never get as much investment as other depos do? Their buses are dated and could use a bit of TLC

Investment follows profit. Given Durham cant run a bath at the moment and their profitable services have been protected by moving them out and running them from Darlington and Stockton probably tells you all you need to know about why they haven't seen any investment recently.
RobinHood
06 Jul 2023, 9:31 pm #7

(05 Jul 2023, 10:40 pm)itsadam This is something that's bothered me a bit and I've never got round to making a thread for it. Why does Durham never get as much investment as other depos do? Their buses are dated and could use a bit of TLC

Investment follows profit. Given Durham cant run a bath at the moment and their profitable services have been protected by moving them out and running them from Darlington and Stockton probably tells you all you need to know about why they haven't seen any investment recently.

Unber43

06 Jul 2023, 9:48 pm #8
i also though Durham had a lot of profitbale services, 6/22/24/X46/48/
Unber43
06 Jul 2023, 9:48 pm #8

i also though Durham had a lot of profitbale services, 6/22/24/X46/48/

Storx

06 Jul 2023, 10:10 pm #9
(06 Jul 2023, 9:48 pm)Unber43 i also though Durham had a lot of profitbale services, 6/22/24/X46/48/

Durham's a minefield. Infact most of Co. Durham is as it's too rural and places are miles apart. You have to remember GoNorthEast has pretty much abandoned the county and the places it hasn't it's doing a good job at pulling out with severe service cuts and the vast majority of the cuts coming in July involve Durham or Darlington. There's barely nothing in Stockton / Middlesbrough / Redcar in comparison which imo need investment more, especially the 63 which is the most frequent Arriva route in the North East.

Semi rural routes are struggling all over the place though.
Storx
06 Jul 2023, 10:10 pm #9

(06 Jul 2023, 9:48 pm)Unber43 i also though Durham had a lot of profitbale services, 6/22/24/X46/48/

Durham's a minefield. Infact most of Co. Durham is as it's too rural and places are miles apart. You have to remember GoNorthEast has pretty much abandoned the county and the places it hasn't it's doing a good job at pulling out with severe service cuts and the vast majority of the cuts coming in July involve Durham or Darlington. There's barely nothing in Stockton / Middlesbrough / Redcar in comparison which imo need investment more, especially the 63 which is the most frequent Arriva route in the North East.

Semi rural routes are struggling all over the place though.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average