Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Local Bus Events Rob and his Leyland Leopard YSF 87S

Rob and his Leyland Leopard YSF 87S

Rob and his Leyland Leopard YSF 87S

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Busu284

10 Jul 2023, 8:37 pm #1
Not really a bus event. But if you followed the North East Bus Preservation Trust. You would have seen that local lad Rob took his 49 year old Leyland Leopard YSF 87S on a trip from Edinburgh to Rome. He made it and it just goes to show how strong that a old Bus can do better than the current bus. Just thought I'd post this as this has been a massive achievement for him. (You can close the thread or keep it open for others people to comment)
Busu284
10 Jul 2023, 8:37 pm #1

Not really a bus event. But if you followed the North East Bus Preservation Trust. You would have seen that local lad Rob took his 49 year old Leyland Leopard YSF 87S on a trip from Edinburgh to Rome. He made it and it just goes to show how strong that a old Bus can do better than the current bus. Just thought I'd post this as this has been a massive achievement for him. (You can close the thread or keep it open for others people to comment)

Adrian

11 Jul 2023, 8:49 am #2
I read about this. Quite a remarkable achievement, given the age of the bus.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
11 Jul 2023, 8:49 am #2

I read about this. Quite a remarkable achievement, given the age of the bus.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

11 Jul 2023, 7:59 pm #3
(11 Jul 2023, 8:49 am)Adrian I read about this. Quite a remarkable achievement, given the age of the bus.

Does look like the bus made it unscathed, sadly, though not surprising given some of the route they negotiated!  Credit to Rob for doing it, great to see old buses on the road rather than hidden away in sheds or fields!
stagecoachbusdepot
11 Jul 2023, 7:59 pm #3

(11 Jul 2023, 8:49 am)Adrian I read about this. Quite a remarkable achievement, given the age of the bus.

Does look like the bus made it unscathed, sadly, though not surprising given some of the route they negotiated!  Credit to Rob for doing it, great to see old buses on the road rather than hidden away in sheds or fields!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average