Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Apply for zero emission bus funding (ZEBRA 2)

Apply for zero emission bus funding (ZEBRA 2)

Apply for zero emission bus funding (ZEBRA 2)

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (5) Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
25 Jan 2024, 7:16 pm #41
(25 Jan 2024, 2:10 pm)DeltaMan Looks like the Stagecoach element includes a Park and Ride and buses for the 30/31/36 https://twitter.com/skmpub/status/175050...ZPASjax3HQ&s=19

I saw that and wondered are they actually going to use the depot land for the car parking?  Surprised if they allow private cars to drive around in the depot given health and safety etc, but there's really nowhere else suitable around there unless they are going to tarmac the grassed area which I can't see going down well.
Edited 25 Jan 2024, 7:16 pm by stagecoachbusdepot.
stagecoachbusdepot
25 Jan 2024, 7:16 pm #41

(25 Jan 2024, 2:10 pm)DeltaMan Looks like the Stagecoach element includes a Park and Ride and buses for the 30/31/36 https://twitter.com/skmpub/status/175050...ZPASjax3HQ&s=19

I saw that and wondered are they actually going to use the depot land for the car parking?  Surprised if they allow private cars to drive around in the depot given health and safety etc, but there's really nowhere else suitable around there unless they are going to tarmac the grassed area which I can't see going down well.

Ambassador

25 Jan 2024, 11:04 pm #42
(25 Jan 2024, 7:16 pm)stagecoachbusdepot I saw that and wondered are they actually going to use the depot land for the car parking?  Surprised if they allow private cars to drive around in the depot given health and safety etc, but there's really nowhere else suitable around there unless they are going to tarmac the grassed area which I can't see going down well.

Ignoring that part a little bit…if we think the Angel park and ride is doomed to failure…Slatyford…seriously?! 

We’re expecting sensible car drivers to park in the arse end of the West End and board a bus that at best estimates will be at least ten minutes slower than just staying in your car and parking in the city

Very much like BSIP…a monumental waste of funding

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Ambassador
25 Jan 2024, 11:04 pm #42

(25 Jan 2024, 7:16 pm)stagecoachbusdepot I saw that and wondered are they actually going to use the depot land for the car parking?  Surprised if they allow private cars to drive around in the depot given health and safety etc, but there's really nowhere else suitable around there unless they are going to tarmac the grassed area which I can't see going down well.

Ignoring that part a little bit…if we think the Angel park and ride is doomed to failure…Slatyford…seriously?! 

We’re expecting sensible car drivers to park in the arse end of the West End and board a bus that at best estimates will be at least ten minutes slower than just staying in your car and parking in the city

Wistfully stuck in the 90s

25 Jan 2024, 11:16 pm #43
(25 Jan 2024, 11:04 pm)Ambassador Ignoring that part a little bit…if we think the Angel park and ride is doomed to failure…Slatyford…seriously?! 

Imagine they will be hoping noone uses it because if it is well used they will either need to remodel the whole road system or cause gridlock.  The junction at the end of Slatyford Lane is shit, especially when something is trying to turn right (same as turning right out of Netherby - so 36 is gonna be a right pain at the end of the route) - that's before they then create a potential new stream of cars using the route.
stagecoachbusdepot
25 Jan 2024, 11:16 pm #43

(25 Jan 2024, 11:04 pm)Ambassador Ignoring that part a little bit…if we think the Angel park and ride is doomed to failure…Slatyford…seriously?! 

Imagine they will be hoping noone uses it because if it is well used they will either need to remodel the whole road system or cause gridlock.  The junction at the end of Slatyford Lane is shit, especially when something is trying to turn right (same as turning right out of Netherby - so 36 is gonna be a right pain at the end of the route) - that's before they then create a potential new stream of cars using the route.

Storx

26 Jan 2024, 6:28 pm #44

Silly location isn't it? I'm not sure who it's for considering traffic from the A69 is directed to Newcastle via Scotswood Road and traffic from the North via Ponteland Road.

Are they really expecting people from the likes of Westerhope to drive to Slatyford to get on the 71, when they could use the same bus outside their front door?
Storx
26 Jan 2024, 6:28 pm #44

Silly location isn't it? I'm not sure who it's for considering traffic from the A69 is directed to Newcastle via Scotswood Road and traffic from the North via Ponteland Road.

Are they really expecting people from the likes of Westerhope to drive to Slatyford to get on the 71, when they could use the same bus outside their front door?

Rob44

27 Jan 2024, 1:28 pm #45
Where bout's is this supposed to be? My mate lives on pooley road.... near there?

Storx - i don't think its aimed at those who already get the bus from outside there door mate!
Rob44
27 Jan 2024, 1:28 pm #45

Where bout's is this supposed to be? My mate lives on pooley road.... near there?

Storx - i don't think its aimed at those who already get the bus from outside there door mate!

Storx

27 Jan 2024, 6:53 pm #46
(27 Jan 2024, 1:28 pm)Rob44 Storx - i don't think its aimed at those who already get the bus from outside there door mate!

Think you misread it, I meant like most the cars travelling beyond there to Newcastle will be coming from the outer West so they could just catch the same bus they'd get from the P&R from their front door.

I'd be very surprised if there's much A69 traffic heading that way to Newcastle Centre because of the delays at Cowgate and them choosing Scotswood Road or just plowing straight along West Road. They'll be heading towards the Freeman, Gosforth, the ministry and so on.
Edited 27 Jan 2024, 6:54 pm by Storx.
Storx
27 Jan 2024, 6:53 pm #46

(27 Jan 2024, 1:28 pm)Rob44 Storx - i don't think its aimed at those who already get the bus from outside there door mate!

Think you misread it, I meant like most the cars travelling beyond there to Newcastle will be coming from the outer West so they could just catch the same bus they'd get from the P&R from their front door.

I'd be very surprised if there's much A69 traffic heading that way to Newcastle Centre because of the delays at Cowgate and them choosing Scotswood Road or just plowing straight along West Road. They'll be heading towards the Freeman, Gosforth, the ministry and so on.

Rob44

28 Jan 2024, 8:30 am #47
not sure if i've misread it again as i've got a terrible hangover and am at work BUT if they can catch a bus from outside there door why would they jump in there car to the PANDR and catch the same bus? Surely this is aimed at people who dont want the hassel of parking in newcastle but dont have the option of a bus form outside there door.

Your never going to get some people out of there car, be it using the carrot OR the stick or both methods together.
Rob44
28 Jan 2024, 8:30 am #47

not sure if i've misread it again as i've got a terrible hangover and am at work BUT if they can catch a bus from outside there door why would they jump in there car to the PANDR and catch the same bus? Surely this is aimed at people who dont want the hassel of parking in newcastle but dont have the option of a bus form outside there door.

Your never going to get some people out of there car, be it using the carrot OR the stick or both methods together.

Storx

28 Jan 2024, 10:22 am #48
(28 Jan 2024, 8:30 am)Rob44 not sure if i've misread it again as i've got a terrible hangover and am at work BUT  if they can catch a bus from outside there door why would they jump in there car to the PANDR and catch the same bus? Surely this is aimed at people who dont want the hassel of parking in newcastle but dont have the option of a bus form outside there door. 

Yeah you got it right ha, my point was is there's no-one passing the thing though who don't have the bus as they won't be travelling anywhere near it and no-one is going to go on distant drive to get to it as you'd better off going to Kingston Park, Callerton Parkway or the Regent Centre and using the Metro which is quicker and stops pretty much anywhere in the city.
Storx
28 Jan 2024, 10:22 am #48

(28 Jan 2024, 8:30 am)Rob44 not sure if i've misread it again as i've got a terrible hangover and am at work BUT  if they can catch a bus from outside there door why would they jump in there car to the PANDR and catch the same bus? Surely this is aimed at people who dont want the hassel of parking in newcastle but dont have the option of a bus form outside there door. 

Yeah you got it right ha, my point was is there's no-one passing the thing though who don't have the bus as they won't be travelling anywhere near it and no-one is going to go on distant drive to get to it as you'd better off going to Kingston Park, Callerton Parkway or the Regent Centre and using the Metro which is quicker and stops pretty much anywhere in the city.

Rob44

28 Jan 2024, 11:18 am #49
(28 Jan 2024, 10:22 am)Storx Yeah you got it right ha, my point was is there's no-one passing the thing though who don't have the bus as they won't be travelling anywhere near it and no-one is going to go on distant drive to get to it as you'd better off going to Kingston Park, Callerton Parkway or the Regent Centre and using the Metro which is quicker and stops pretty much anywhere in the city.

Ah i see so if someone wanted to use the bus they could just use it from where they live and no bother using car at all.

I suppose it
Rob44
28 Jan 2024, 11:18 am #49

(28 Jan 2024, 10:22 am)Storx Yeah you got it right ha, my point was is there's no-one passing the thing though who don't have the bus as they won't be travelling anywhere near it and no-one is going to go on distant drive to get to it as you'd better off going to Kingston Park, Callerton Parkway or the Regent Centre and using the Metro which is quicker and stops pretty much anywhere in the city.

Ah i see so if someone wanted to use the bus they could just use it from where they live and no bother using car at all.

I suppose it

Storx

28 Jan 2024, 12:45 pm #50
(28 Jan 2024, 11:18 am)Rob44 Ah i see so if someone wanted to use the bus they could just use it from where they live and no bother using car at all.

I suppose it

Yeah, and if you're coming from the A69 corridor, you might aswell go throw the car at Hexham or Prudhoe and just get the train in all the way, why bother driving for 30 minutes to then get on a bus for 15 minutes when you could drive for 5 minutes (or walk or cycle) and use the train for 40 minutes instead and actually do something productive with the time.

It's one credit of the Northumberland Line as I have a feeling a few people might be tempted to think oh buggar it, I'm hoying the car at Newsham, I'm sick of driving and getting stuck for 15 minutes at Moor Farm or whatever. Similar with Bebside, with people driving from the North of Blyth or even places like Newbiggin since you pass it anyway and it's far enough out it makes sense.
Storx
28 Jan 2024, 12:45 pm #50

(28 Jan 2024, 11:18 am)Rob44 Ah i see so if someone wanted to use the bus they could just use it from where they live and no bother using car at all.

I suppose it

Yeah, and if you're coming from the A69 corridor, you might aswell go throw the car at Hexham or Prudhoe and just get the train in all the way, why bother driving for 30 minutes to then get on a bus for 15 minutes when you could drive for 5 minutes (or walk or cycle) and use the train for 40 minutes instead and actually do something productive with the time.

It's one credit of the Northumberland Line as I have a feeling a few people might be tempted to think oh buggar it, I'm hoying the car at Newsham, I'm sick of driving and getting stuck for 15 minutes at Moor Farm or whatever. Similar with Bebside, with people driving from the North of Blyth or even places like Newbiggin since you pass it anyway and it's far enough out it makes sense.

Michael

25 Feb 2024, 6:39 pm #51
Anyone know if Transport for North East are bidding?

Quite a few other bids have been released.
Michael
25 Feb 2024, 6:39 pm #51

Anyone know if Transport for North East are bidding?

Quite a few other bids have been released.

Michael

26 Feb 2024, 8:45 pm #52
DARLINGTON TRANSPORT PLAN – DELIVERY REPORT

Tees Valley Combined Authority has teamed up with Arriva & Stagecoach to bid for 62 electric buses - 22 for Arriva Darlington route 2 and Arriva Redcar route 63 as well as 40 for Stagecoach Stockton depot.

TVCA worked with local operators Arriva and Stagecoach and submitted a Tees Valley application in December 2023, whereby Arriva has agreed to fund both the diesel capital cost equivalent, and the 25% match funding requirement for 22 electric vehicles.

These vehicles, and any relevant infrastructure, will be split between their Redcar, and Darlington depots, prioritising service 2 (seven vehicles_ covering Redhall to Cockerton), and service 63 (15 vehicles, covering Middlesbrough to Redcar). The Stagecoach application is for 40 vehicles operating out of their Stockton depot; however, these vehicles are not expected to be deployed on service 6/6A.
Edited 26 Feb 2024, 8:48 pm by Michael.
Attached Files
Michael
26 Feb 2024, 8:45 pm #52

DARLINGTON TRANSPORT PLAN – DELIVERY REPORT

Tees Valley Combined Authority has teamed up with Arriva & Stagecoach to bid for 62 electric buses - 22 for Arriva Darlington route 2 and Arriva Redcar route 63 as well as 40 for Stagecoach Stockton depot.

TVCA worked with local operators Arriva and Stagecoach and submitted a Tees Valley application in December 2023, whereby Arriva has agreed to fund both the diesel capital cost equivalent, and the 25% match funding requirement for 22 electric vehicles.

These vehicles, and any relevant infrastructure, will be split between their Redcar, and Darlington depots, prioritising service 2 (seven vehicles_ covering Redhall to Cockerton), and service 63 (15 vehicles, covering Middlesbrough to Redcar). The Stagecoach application is for 40 vehicles operating out of their Stockton depot; however, these vehicles are not expected to be deployed on service 6/6A.

Attached Files

Michael

05 Mar 2024, 6:59 pm #53
Bids have apparently been confirmed:

Transport for North East - bidding with Arriva, Stagecoach and Go North East for 43 EVs - 14 double deck EVs for Arriva Durham routes 48, 64 and X46, 7 double deck and 4 single deck EVs for Go North East routes 58 and X66 and 18 single deck EVs for Stagecoach routes 30/31/36

Tees Valley Combined Authority - bidding with Arriva & Stagecoach to bid for 62 EVs - 22 for Arriva Darlington route 2 and Arriva Redcar route 63 as well as 40 for Stagecoach Stockton depot (Nearly the entire allocation i believe)
Michael
05 Mar 2024, 6:59 pm #53

Bids have apparently been confirmed:

Transport for North East - bidding with Arriva, Stagecoach and Go North East for 43 EVs - 14 double deck EVs for Arriva Durham routes 48, 64 and X46, 7 double deck and 4 single deck EVs for Go North East routes 58 and X66 and 18 single deck EVs for Stagecoach routes 30/31/36

Tees Valley Combined Authority - bidding with Arriva & Stagecoach to bid for 62 EVs - 22 for Arriva Darlington route 2 and Arriva Redcar route 63 as well as 40 for Stagecoach Stockton depot (Nearly the entire allocation i believe)

Aaron21

05 Mar 2024, 7:17 pm #54
(05 Mar 2024, 6:59 pm)Michael Bids have apparently been confirmed:

43 for GNe yet 7 for the 58 and 4 for the X66. Guess the rest is for the 21 that they have been trying to upgrade electric for a few years now if I remember correctly. Wonder which bus they will settle on. Wonder if all 3 of the buses they trialed will go on the 21
Aaron21
05 Mar 2024, 7:17 pm #54

43 for GNe yet 7 for the 58 and 4 for the X66. Guess the rest is for the 21 that they have been trying to upgrade electric for a few years now if I remember correctly. Wonder which bus they will settle on. Wonder if all 3 of the buses they trialed will go on the 21

05 Mar 2024, 7:21 pm #55
I think you've misread that as GNE are not getting 43. The 21 already won a bid for 18? electric buses last year I think
Iamtheone8483748
05 Mar 2024, 7:21 pm #55

I think you've misread that as GNE are not getting 43. The 21 already won a bid for 18? electric buses last year I think

LVK 404L

05 Mar 2024, 7:23 pm #56
(05 Mar 2024, 7:17 pm)Aaron21 43 for GNe yet 7 for the 58 and 4 for the X66. Guess the rest is for the 21 that they have been trying to upgrade electric for a few years now if I remember correctly. Wonder which bus they will settle on. Wonder if all 3 of the buses they trialed will go on the 21

43 = 

14 ANE 
7 and 4 GNE
18 SNE
LVK 404L
05 Mar 2024, 7:23 pm #56

(05 Mar 2024, 7:17 pm)Aaron21 43 for GNe yet 7 for the 58 and 4 for the X66. Guess the rest is for the 21 that they have been trying to upgrade electric for a few years now if I remember correctly. Wonder which bus they will settle on. Wonder if all 3 of the buses they trialed will go on the 21

43 = 

14 ANE 
7 and 4 GNE
18 SNE

06 Mar 2024, 2:57 am #57
Dose mean that transport for North East and tees Valley win then?
Glen1974
06 Mar 2024, 2:57 am #57

Dose mean that transport for North East and tees Valley win then?

Michael

06 Mar 2024, 6:29 am #58
(06 Mar 2024, 2:57 am)Glen1974 Dose mean that transport for North East and tees Valley win then?

Nope, there's quite a few bids from other areas, be lucky if we get both or either one tbh.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
06 Mar 2024, 6:29 am #58

(06 Mar 2024, 2:57 am)Glen1974 Dose mean that transport for North East and tees Valley win then?

Nope, there's quite a few bids from other areas, be lucky if we get both or either one tbh.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

06 Mar 2024, 7:06 am #59
Thanks you for info mate
Glen1974
06 Mar 2024, 7:06 am #59

Thanks you for info mate

Michael

22 Mar 2024, 6:08 am #60

Results are in and...

Both Transport for North East and Tees Valley Combined Authority WON.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicatio...ounts#fn:1

Edit: you'll have to scroll to the top of the page.
Edited 22 Mar 2024, 6:57 am by Michael.
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
22 Mar 2024, 6:08 am #60

Results are in and...

Both Transport for North East and Tees Valley Combined Authority WON.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicatio...ounts#fn:1

Edit: you'll have to scroll to the top of the page.

Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Pages (5) Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average