Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East :LIVE bus tracker

:LIVE bus tracker

:LIVE bus tracker

• 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average

20 Sep 2023, 8:46 am #1
I track my bus on the app which shows in real time where the bus is. Is this reliable because sometimes I cannot locate my bus and so just presume the service is not running. I ask because 3 times in last 2weeks my intended bus has not been showing on the app and I havent gone to the bus stop but waited for the next one .
Columbo70
20 Sep 2023, 8:46 am #1

I track my bus on the app which shows in real time where the bus is. Is this reliable because sometimes I cannot locate my bus and so just presume the service is not running. I ask because 3 times in last 2weeks my intended bus has not been showing on the app and I havent gone to the bus stop but waited for the next one .

Adrian

20 Sep 2023, 8:59 am #2
It's pretty reliable if the times are showing in green with the animated signal icon below them.

If they're showing as standard black text without this, then that's the time per the registered timetable and the bus isn't tracking. It could be an issue with the ticket machine not sending location update, or more likely nowadays, the trip has been cancelled due to them not having enough driving resource to cover their work.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
20 Sep 2023, 8:59 am #2

It's pretty reliable if the times are showing in green with the animated signal icon below them.

If they're showing as standard black text without this, then that's the time per the registered timetable and the bus isn't tracking. It could be an issue with the ticket machine not sending location update, or more likely nowadays, the trip has been cancelled due to them not having enough driving resource to cover their work.

20 Sep 2023, 9:26 am #3
(20 Sep 2023, 8:59 am)Adrian It's pretty reliable if the times are showing in green with the animated signal icon below them.

Thanks Adrian much appreciated thank you.....the conditions you are quoting here seem to be different to the app I am using......I am using the app where it shows the animated bus travelling on the route....your remarks seem to point to a different app.....can you send me it or show me where i can locate it......im using this https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/services/GNE/65
Columbo70
20 Sep 2023, 9:26 am #3

(20 Sep 2023, 8:59 am)Adrian It's pretty reliable if the times are showing in green with the animated signal icon below them.

Thanks Adrian much appreciated thank you.....the conditions you are quoting here seem to be different to the app I am using......I am using the app where it shows the animated bus travelling on the route....your remarks seem to point to a different app.....can you send me it or show me where i can locate it......im using this https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/services/GNE/65

Adrian

20 Sep 2023, 11:27 am #4
(20 Sep 2023, 9:26 am)Columbo70 Thanks Adrian much appreciated thank you.....the conditions you are quoting here seem to be different to the app I am using......I am using the app where it shows the animated bus travelling on the route....your remarks seem to point to a different app.....can you send me it or show me where i can locate it......im using this https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/services/GNE/65

Go North East app on Android (or iOS)

Adrian
20 Sep 2023, 11:27 am #4

(20 Sep 2023, 9:26 am)Columbo70 Thanks Adrian much appreciated thank you.....the conditions you are quoting here seem to be different to the app I am using......I am using the app where it shows the animated bus travelling on the route....your remarks seem to point to a different app.....can you send me it or show me where i can locate it......im using this https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/services/GNE/65

Go North East app on Android (or iOS)

BusLoverMum

20 Sep 2023, 4:21 pm #5
If you pan to your stop when opening the app, you can get a list of services scheduled to run from that stop, as well as track the services. This is where you find the green or grey text that Adrian mentioned.
BusLoverMum
20 Sep 2023, 4:21 pm #5

If you pan to your stop when opening the app, you can get a list of services scheduled to run from that stop, as well as track the services. This is where you find the green or grey text that Adrian mentioned.

21 Sep 2023, 11:40 am #6
(20 Sep 2023, 8:46 am)Columbo70 I track my bus on the app which shows in real time where the bus is. Is this reliable because sometimes I cannot locate my bus and so just presume the service is not running. I ask because 3 times in last 2weeks my intended bus has not been showing on the app and I havent gone to the bus stop but waited for the next one .

Sometimes the GPS can fail on the ticket machines and a bus will not be tracking on apps, whilst this is rare, it can sometimes mean a bus is running perfectly on time even if it's not on the tracker.
deanmachine
21 Sep 2023, 11:40 am #6

(20 Sep 2023, 8:46 am)Columbo70 I track my bus on the app which shows in real time where the bus is. Is this reliable because sometimes I cannot locate my bus and so just presume the service is not running. I ask because 3 times in last 2weeks my intended bus has not been showing on the app and I havent gone to the bus stop but waited for the next one .

Sometimes the GPS can fail on the ticket machines and a bus will not be tracking on apps, whilst this is rare, it can sometimes mean a bus is running perfectly on time even if it's not on the tracker.

• 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average