Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Cancellations/lack of communication

Cancellations/lack of communication

Cancellations/lack of communication

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

itsadam

06 Jan 2024, 5:42 pm #1
I'm starting this thread because I've seen so many 21s today that's only going to Gateshead. The one I got was on time, the app said Newcastle and there was nothing on the short notice cancellations or any service updates. I've checked and one of the buses on the list is running, so it's either they haven't updated the list or it's just incorrect. 

It's shocking to think they don't even communicate with their passengers. I've got work tonight and I'm praying that they don't terminate at Gateshead. There's an app and social media for a reason, there's tools that help cross post updates, I don't understand how hard it can be to improve customer service, nevermind applying a new logo to buses or changing timetables to "improve" reliability. 

While I understand we're all people and there's only so much they can do to make resources stretch, where most frustrations derive from is the lack of communication. 

I'd love to hear what everyone else's experience is, whether anyone else has noticed this or any other frustrations, I'd love to hear them.
itsadam
06 Jan 2024, 5:42 pm #1

I'm starting this thread because I've seen so many 21s today that's only going to Gateshead. The one I got was on time, the app said Newcastle and there was nothing on the short notice cancellations or any service updates. I've checked and one of the buses on the list is running, so it's either they haven't updated the list or it's just incorrect. 

It's shocking to think they don't even communicate with their passengers. I've got work tonight and I'm praying that they don't terminate at Gateshead. There's an app and social media for a reason, there's tools that help cross post updates, I don't understand how hard it can be to improve customer service, nevermind applying a new logo to buses or changing timetables to "improve" reliability. 

While I understand we're all people and there's only so much they can do to make resources stretch, where most frustrations derive from is the lack of communication. 

I'd love to hear what everyone else's experience is, whether anyone else has noticed this or any other frustrations, I'd love to hear them.

BusLoverMum

06 Jan 2024, 6:02 pm #2
They should be allowing passengers to catch another bus at Gateshead without having to pay twice, if they're going to turn around early. That's usually happened to us when we've been on a bus that's regulated at Gateshead due to delays en route.
BusLoverMum
06 Jan 2024, 6:02 pm #2

They should be allowing passengers to catch another bus at Gateshead without having to pay twice, if they're going to turn around early. That's usually happened to us when we've been on a bus that's regulated at Gateshead due to delays en route.

Ambassador

06 Jan 2024, 8:09 pm #3
The 21 is a disaster of late. The Chester le St morning starts are either 20 minutes late or don’t run

Tonight there’s a 40 minute gap from Eldon Square.

Assume all the spare resource went on the nufc convoy this morning hence all the cancellations (that’s me being generous with todays excuse!)
Edited 06 Jan 2024, 8:12 pm by Ambassador.
Ambassador
06 Jan 2024, 8:09 pm #3

The 21 is a disaster of late. The Chester le St morning starts are either 20 minutes late or don’t run

Assume all the spare resource went on the nufc convoy this morning hence all the cancellations (that’s me being generous with todays excuse!)

Ambassador

06 Jan 2024, 8:39 pm #4
As ever! Arriva to the rescue!
Ambassador
06 Jan 2024, 8:39 pm #4

As ever! Arriva to the rescue!

itsadam

07 Jan 2024, 4:08 am #5
(06 Jan 2024, 8:09 pm)Ambassador The 21 is a disaster of late. The Chester le St morning starts are either 20 minutes late or don’t run

The same happened when we had the concerts a while back, a bunch of cancellations just to resource the buses they provides for concert goers, it's ridiculous.
itsadam
07 Jan 2024, 4:08 am #5

(06 Jan 2024, 8:09 pm)Ambassador The 21 is a disaster of late. The Chester le St morning starts are either 20 minutes late or don’t run

The same happened when we had the concerts a while back, a bunch of cancellations just to resource the buses they provides for concert goers, it's ridiculous.

Unber43

08 Jan 2024, 10:39 am #6
https://www.instagram.com/p/C11glvhIHfW/..._copy_link they can make crap like this but not tell us that our bus is never turning up or that there are upto 30 mins delays on the X1
Unber43
08 Jan 2024, 10:39 am #6

https://www.instagram.com/p/C11glvhIHfW/..._copy_link they can make crap like this but not tell us that our bus is never turning up or that there are upto 30 mins delays on the X1

mb134

08 Jan 2024, 11:04 am #7
(08 Jan 2024, 10:39 am)Unber43 https://www.instagram.com/p/C11glvhIHfW/..._copy_link they can make crap like this but not tell us that our bus is never turning up or that there are upto 30 mins delays on the X1

The graphic isn't even accurate (proportion of yellow/red in the bar) given those numbers below it, which just about sums up all of the recent communication from them.
Edited 08 Jan 2024, 11:04 am by mb134.
mb134
08 Jan 2024, 11:04 am #7

(08 Jan 2024, 10:39 am)Unber43 https://www.instagram.com/p/C11glvhIHfW/..._copy_link they can make crap like this but not tell us that our bus is never turning up or that there are upto 30 mins delays on the X1

The graphic isn't even accurate (proportion of yellow/red in the bar) given those numbers below it, which just about sums up all of the recent communication from them.

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average