Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East Elite Driver Academy

Go North East Elite Driver Academy

Go North East Elite Driver Academy

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

ne14ne1

09 Dec 2023, 12:15 pm #1
6155 now in full Elite Bus Driver Training Academy advertising:

https://flic.kr/p/2pkqww3

With this Loop liveried B9 receiving a full wrap, it does make you think the yellow Streetlites about to arrive may indeed be for something else*, as the B9 has shown the vehicle doesn’t need to be in base yellow for Training Academy advertising. 

*Then again they do look to be in the same shade of yellow as the training Omnicity below.

Training vehicle 5244 in full yellow:

https://flic.kr/p/2pkoCyZ
Edited 09 Dec 2023, 12:17 pm by ne14ne1.
ne14ne1
09 Dec 2023, 12:15 pm #1

6155 now in full Elite Bus Driver Training Academy advertising:

With this Loop liveried B9 receiving a full wrap, it does make you think the yellow Streetlites about to arrive may indeed be for something else*, as the B9 has shown the vehicle doesn’t need to be in base yellow for Training Academy advertising. 

*Then again they do look to be in the same shade of yellow as the training Omnicity below.

Storx

09 Dec 2023, 5:29 pm #2
(09 Dec 2023, 12:15 pm)ne14ne1 6155 now in full Elite Bus Driver Training Academy advertising:

Must be desperate times in Manchester having to get army re.. sorry bus drivers from the North East to work down there.

Also #savethewindows
Storx
09 Dec 2023, 5:29 pm #2

(09 Dec 2023, 12:15 pm)ne14ne1 6155 now in full Elite Bus Driver Training Academy advertising:

Must be desperate times in Manchester having to get army re.. sorry bus drivers from the North East to work down there.

Also #savethewindows

10 Dec 2023, 12:00 am #3
(09 Dec 2023, 5:29 pm)Storx Must be desperate times in Manchester having to get army re.. sorry bus drivers from the North East to work down there.

Also #savethewindows

Definitely pretty crap that apart from sticking the GNE logo at the top and reference to GNE at the very end, all of the rest of the content remains untouched and mentions only GNW.  Amateur to say the least.
stagecoachbusdepot
10 Dec 2023, 12:00 am #3

(09 Dec 2023, 5:29 pm)Storx Must be desperate times in Manchester having to get army re.. sorry bus drivers from the North East to work down there.

Also #savethewindows

Definitely pretty crap that apart from sticking the GNE logo at the top and reference to GNE at the very end, all of the rest of the content remains untouched and mentions only GNW.  Amateur to say the least.

mb134

10 Dec 2023, 11:38 am #4
(10 Dec 2023, 12:00 am)stagecoachbusdepot Definitely pretty crap that apart from sticking the GNE logo at the top and reference to GNE at the very end, all of the rest of the content remains untouched and mentions only GNW.  Amateur to say the least.

Did you expect anything else from them? 

Just typed in the website on the wrap, taking me to a page telling me all about how much I could earn in Bolton, Wigan, and Queens Road - the latter blowing the low "productivity" GNE wage out of the water.
mb134
10 Dec 2023, 11:38 am #4

(10 Dec 2023, 12:00 am)stagecoachbusdepot Definitely pretty crap that apart from sticking the GNE logo at the top and reference to GNE at the very end, all of the rest of the content remains untouched and mentions only GNW.  Amateur to say the least.

Did you expect anything else from them? 

Just typed in the website on the wrap, taking me to a page telling me all about how much I could earn in Bolton, Wigan, and Queens Road - the latter blowing the low "productivity" GNE wage out of the water.

ne14ne1

30 Jan 2024, 7:06 pm #5
Edited 30 Jan 2024, 7:07 pm by ne14ne1.
ne14ne1
30 Jan 2024, 7:06 pm #5

Michael

30 Jan 2024, 7:12 pm #6
(30 Jan 2024, 7:06 pm)ne14ne1

Cringe

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
30 Jan 2024, 7:12 pm #6

Cringe

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

L469 YVK

30 Jan 2024, 7:32 pm #7
Forgot to add "Blakey awaits with some tea & biscuits once you have qualified".

Keep drivers managed by ex drivers who have done time on the road and understand the job!
L469 YVK
30 Jan 2024, 7:32 pm #7

Forgot to add "Blakey awaits with some tea & biscuits once you have qualified".

Keep drivers managed by ex drivers who have done time on the road and understand the job!

Adrian

30 Jan 2024, 7:50 pm #8
I agree it's a bit cringe, but it's good to see some money being spent on a recruitment drive. I do question the accuracy of it, though?

The video mentions 'free family travel' - is this new, as it was at a salary deduction previously, wasn't it? Few comments on Facebook mentioning similar.

'Job satisfaction' - can you really promise this in an ad, and even if they're going down that route, what basis are they promising it on? Straight off the back of the worst and longest dispute in company history?

Looking at CAP Code 20, available here: https://www.asa.org.uk/codes-and-rulings...-code.html

20.2 states: "Living and working conditions must not be misrepresented."

Mind you, it also states: "Quoted earnings must be precise; if one has to be made, a forecast must not be unrepresentative. If income is earned from a basic salary and commission, commission only or in some other way, that must be made clear."

Given that you're paid for hours worked (not a salary), I don't know how they're still getting away with quoting 30k. There's certainly not a forecast anywhere explaining it?

This aside, like I say, it's good to see money being spent on a recruitment drive, but I wonder if they're expecting a different result?

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
30 Jan 2024, 7:50 pm #8

I agree it's a bit cringe, but it's good to see some money being spent on a recruitment drive. I do question the accuracy of it, though?

The video mentions 'free family travel' - is this new, as it was at a salary deduction previously, wasn't it? Few comments on Facebook mentioning similar.

'Job satisfaction' - can you really promise this in an ad, and even if they're going down that route, what basis are they promising it on? Straight off the back of the worst and longest dispute in company history?

Looking at CAP Code 20, available here: https://www.asa.org.uk/codes-and-rulings...-code.html

20.2 states: "Living and working conditions must not be misrepresented."

Mind you, it also states: "Quoted earnings must be precise; if one has to be made, a forecast must not be unrepresentative. If income is earned from a basic salary and commission, commission only or in some other way, that must be made clear."

Given that you're paid for hours worked (not a salary), I don't know how they're still getting away with quoting 30k. There's certainly not a forecast anywhere explaining it?

This aside, like I say, it's good to see money being spent on a recruitment drive, but I wonder if they're expecting a different result?

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Andreos1

30 Jan 2024, 8:49 pm #9

I think someones fetish for aviators and leather driving gloves is really shining through here. 

Back in the day, Graham Norton may have had a feature on it. https://youtu.be/gkhWPEZnItE?feature=shared

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
30 Jan 2024, 8:49 pm #9

I think someones fetish for aviators and leather driving gloves is really shining through here. 

Back in the day, Graham Norton may have had a feature on it. https://youtu.be/gkhWPEZnItE?feature=shared

30 Jan 2024, 9:02 pm #10
(30 Jan 2024, 7:12 pm)Michael Cringe

Very much agree - weird thing is this kind of thing must appeal to some, as I understand it is being rolled out here on the back of it being hugely successful with GNW.  Will be interesting to see if it was actually this campaign that helped them recruit, or the better salary, T&Cs etc over there (i.e. they would have successfully recruited whether the ad was running or not).  Minor point given the cringe factor of the whole thing but bit underwhelmed to see the few shots of GNE logo on uniforms etc is the old one, not great for an elite new advertising campaign to have out of date branding.

That said, good to see the landing site finally actually has GNE content on there instead of just a load of GNW detail.  Interesting the top line name checks Newcastle rather than the wider region.
stagecoachbusdepot
30 Jan 2024, 9:02 pm #10

(30 Jan 2024, 7:12 pm)Michael Cringe

Very much agree - weird thing is this kind of thing must appeal to some, as I understand it is being rolled out here on the back of it being hugely successful with GNW.  Will be interesting to see if it was actually this campaign that helped them recruit, or the better salary, T&Cs etc over there (i.e. they would have successfully recruited whether the ad was running or not).  Minor point given the cringe factor of the whole thing but bit underwhelmed to see the few shots of GNE logo on uniforms etc is the old one, not great for an elite new advertising campaign to have out of date branding.

That said, good to see the landing site finally actually has GNE content on there instead of just a load of GNW detail.  Interesting the top line name checks Newcastle rather than the wider region.

Ambassador

31 Jan 2024, 3:18 pm #11
It's gotten them a decent amount of free publicity with the BBC amongst others picking it up. The Top Gear stunt at the Air Museum was quirky enough to interest local news editors.

It did feel very very dated though in terms of a campaign but it's not a forward thinking industry. Let's hope it delivers some numbers (and drivers!) and not just some marketing awards
Ambassador
31 Jan 2024, 3:18 pm #11

It's gotten them a decent amount of free publicity with the BBC amongst others picking it up. The Top Gear stunt at the Air Museum was quirky enough to interest local news editors.

It did feel very very dated though in terms of a campaign but it's not a forward thinking industry. Let's hope it delivers some numbers (and drivers!) and not just some marketing awards

F114TML

31 Jan 2024, 7:31 pm #12
Apparently anyone who joins the company gets a bright yellow hoodie with "Elite Bus Training Academy" or something on.
F114TML
31 Jan 2024, 7:31 pm #12

Apparently anyone who joins the company gets a bright yellow hoodie with "Elite Bus Training Academy" or something on.

Michael

31 Jan 2024, 7:51 pm #13
(31 Jan 2024, 7:31 pm)F114TML Apparently anyone who joins the company gets a bright yellow hoodie with "Elite Bus Training Academy" or something on.

Wow... what a gift

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
31 Jan 2024, 7:51 pm #13

(31 Jan 2024, 7:31 pm)F114TML Apparently anyone who joins the company gets a bright yellow hoodie with "Elite Bus Training Academy" or something on.

Wow... what a gift

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Andreos1

31 Jan 2024, 9:01 pm #14
(31 Jan 2024, 3:18 pm)Ambassador It's gotten them a decent amount of free publicity with the BBC amongst others picking it up. The Top Gear stunt at the Air Museum was quirky enough to interest local news editors.

Jim Scott would be all over that.

Andreos1
31 Jan 2024, 9:01 pm #14

(31 Jan 2024, 3:18 pm)Ambassador It's gotten them a decent amount of free publicity with the BBC amongst others picking it up. The Top Gear stunt at the Air Museum was quirky enough to interest local news editors.

Jim Scott would be all over that.

MurdnunoC

31 Jan 2024, 10:21 pm #15

Saw someone driving one in a yellow hoodie today, Thought to myself: "Children in Need isn't until November isn't it? Must be getting their money's worth out of the Pudsey costume" before I realised what it was.
MurdnunoC
31 Jan 2024, 10:21 pm #15

Saw someone driving one in a yellow hoodie today, Thought to myself: "Children in Need isn't until November isn't it? Must be getting their money's worth out of the Pudsey costume" before I realised what it was.

10 Feb 2024, 6:38 pm #16
Wonder when they are going to remove the adverts that are still on the back of quite a few vehicles saying the hourly rate is £12.83
Dans_bus_photos
10 Feb 2024, 6:38 pm #16

Wonder when they are going to remove the adverts that are still on the back of quite a few vehicles saying the hourly rate is £12.83

22 Feb 2024, 6:19 pm #17
Elite driver academy? Who are they kidding! Mind you I doubt I’d put up with being told to do some of the stuff they go on at ya about these days
BIG MICK STOKOE
22 Feb 2024, 6:19 pm #17

Elite driver academy? Who are they kidding! Mind you I doubt I’d put up with being told to do some of the stuff they go on at ya about these days

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average