North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East 24th March 2024 Changes

24th March 2024 Changes

24th March 2024 Changes

• 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Pages (13) Previous 111 12 13
Storx

04 Apr 2024, 9:25 am #241
(04 Apr 2024, 9:08 am)RMF1254
Do people in those ‘crap’ places not need buses to travel elsewhere?

I'd argue people in Holy Cross, Malvern Terrace and Preston Village would rather have a bus to Newcastle, rather than North Shields or Wallsend. It's not a surprise these areas all have high car usage as a result.
Storx
04 Apr 2024, 9:25 am #241

(04 Apr 2024, 9:08 am)RMF1254
Do people in those ‘crap’ places not need buses to travel elsewhere?

I'd argue people in Holy Cross, Malvern Terrace and Preston Village would rather have a bus to Newcastle, rather than North Shields or Wallsend. It's not a surprise these areas all have high car usage as a result.

04 Apr 2024, 1:25 pm #242
(04 Apr 2024, 9:25 am)Storx I'd argue people in Holy Cross, Malvern Terrace and Preston Village would rather have a bus to Newcastle, rather than North Shields or Wallsend. It's not a surprise these areas all have high car usage as a result.
Yeah, I don't even live in any of those areas but I use the 317 very often to get to North Shields (or I used to until GNE made it sh*te), and I never understood that the only bus that goes through those areas don't go to Newcastle. 

My idea would be to either extend the 317 to Newcastle or swap the routes around with the 1 between Wallsend and Howdon for Holy Cross residents. Can't say the same for Preston though, as it would probably be alot quicker to change at Whitley or Shields for another direct bus (306/7/8/9), or even a Metro.

(02 Apr 2024, 10:18 pm)Thomas12 At the same time they had 3 double deckers on the 317, which don't pick anyone up as they can't follow the correct route, don't display the correct destination, or turn up half an hour late.

Honestly, GCT would do a better job than these lot, absolute clowns
I didn't expect GNE to run the 317 that badly to be honest, considering it used to be a GNE route over a decade ago. And even when they withdrew the original 317, they still had other services serving the exact same route in certain places. 

I heard from a Walkergate driver that they're subcontracting the 317 to someone else. However, with that being said, said bus driver is notorious for talking absolute waffle as confirmed by other Walkergate drivers.

Another factor is, how would a Walkergate driver know so much about GNEs behind the scenes.
Edited 04 Apr 2024, 1:30 pm by Lewis1509.
Lewis1509
04 Apr 2024, 1:25 pm #242

(04 Apr 2024, 9:25 am)Storx I'd argue people in Holy Cross, Malvern Terrace and Preston Village would rather have a bus to Newcastle, rather than North Shields or Wallsend. It's not a surprise these areas all have high car usage as a result.
Yeah, I don't even live in any of those areas but I use the 317 very often to get to North Shields (or I used to until GNE made it sh*te), and I never understood that the only bus that goes through those areas don't go to Newcastle. 

My idea would be to either extend the 317 to Newcastle or swap the routes around with the 1 between Wallsend and Howdon for Holy Cross residents. Can't say the same for Preston though, as it would probably be alot quicker to change at Whitley or Shields for another direct bus (306/7/8/9), or even a Metro.

(02 Apr 2024, 10:18 pm)Thomas12 At the same time they had 3 double deckers on the 317, which don't pick anyone up as they can't follow the correct route, don't display the correct destination, or turn up half an hour late.

Honestly, GCT would do a better job than these lot, absolute clowns
I didn't expect GNE to run the 317 that badly to be honest, considering it used to be a GNE route over a decade ago. And even when they withdrew the original 317, they still had other services serving the exact same route in certain places. 

I heard from a Walkergate driver that they're subcontracting the 317 to someone else. However, with that being said, said bus driver is notorious for talking absolute waffle as confirmed by other Walkergate drivers.

Another factor is, how would a Walkergate driver know so much about GNEs behind the scenes.

04 Apr 2024, 1:41 pm #243
Also, I have been sent screenshots from this forum regarding the 317 constantly doing wrong. You're the not the only one. I have been taking notes of them myself and have contacted Nexus and will be contacting traffic commissioner.

Upon reading the screenshot, I've noticed that they've included much more than I have, of trips going wrong that I have missed. I cannot find the original post so I'm asking for a link so I can send it to both NEXUS and Traffic Commissioner in hopes for all customers to get some sort of compensation on the 317 service.
Lewis1509
04 Apr 2024, 1:41 pm #243

Also, I have been sent screenshots from this forum regarding the 317 constantly doing wrong. You're the not the only one. I have been taking notes of them myself and have contacted Nexus and will be contacting traffic commissioner.

Upon reading the screenshot, I've noticed that they've included much more than I have, of trips going wrong that I have missed. I cannot find the original post so I'm asking for a link so I can send it to both NEXUS and Traffic Commissioner in hopes for all customers to get some sort of compensation on the 317 service.

Thomas12

04 Apr 2024, 2:17 pm #244
(04 Apr 2024, 1:25 pm)Lewis1509 Yeah, I don't even live in any of those areas but I use the 317 very often to get to North Shields (or I used to until GNE made it sh*te), and I never understood that the only bus that goes through those areas don't go to Newcastle. 

They definitley aren't subcontracting it out - if they were they wouldn't be using GNE buses/drivers.
Thomas12
04 Apr 2024, 2:17 pm #244

(04 Apr 2024, 1:25 pm)Lewis1509 Yeah, I don't even live in any of those areas but I use the 317 very often to get to North Shields (or I used to until GNE made it sh*te), and I never understood that the only bus that goes through those areas don't go to Newcastle. 

They definitley aren't subcontracting it out - if they were they wouldn't be using GNE buses/drivers.

Storx

04 Apr 2024, 2:42 pm #245

Yeah don't disagree, to be honest.

Mind for Holy Cross though, I'd say bring back the 305, send it via Hadrian Park and Wiltshire Drive so you can speed the 307 up without going on a detour and mess around with the 351 avoiding the Coast Road completely going via Gosforth or whereever you want, I'd say run direct to Benton Metro then do the old 335 from there personally (via Gosforth and Longbenton and interwork it with the 354)

For 317 between North Shields and Wallsend, just work with GNE and split the 1 with the rest of the route upped to every 15 minutes like so:

The rest of the 317 can just do the current route, doing the Fish Quay loop. It's really needed, whether you could bolt onto the end of the 57/57A, heading North who knows but that would be rather long but would open some useful links especially between the two hospitals.
Edited 04 Apr 2024, 3:06 pm by Storx.
Storx
04 Apr 2024, 2:42 pm #245

Yeah don't disagree, to be honest.

Mind for Holy Cross though, I'd say bring back the 305, send it via Hadrian Park and Wiltshire Drive so you can speed the 307 up without going on a detour and mess around with the 351 avoiding the Coast Road completely going via Gosforth or whereever you want, I'd say run direct to Benton Metro then do the old 335 from there personally (via Gosforth and Longbenton and interwork it with the 354)

For 317 between North Shields and Wallsend, just work with GNE and split the 1 with the rest of the route upped to every 15 minutes like so:

The rest of the 317 can just do the current route, doing the Fish Quay loop. It's really needed, whether you could bolt onto the end of the 57/57A, heading North who knows but that would be rather long but would open some useful links especially between the two hospitals.

V514DFT

04 Apr 2024, 4:19 pm #246

Wasnt even a decade ago, it was GNE up until the withdrawl of the 11, before that it was the 17, a back further it was the original 317, also a bus for them to Newcastle would probably be useful, but i wouldnt mess with the 1 and 317, i'd re-route the 354, Billy Mill doesnt need 2 buses to North Shields, Shiremoor,New York and Billy Mill have the 353 which would benefit better if that went half hourly again, but im not going to make this another service suggestions thread, i'll post what my suggestion in there, see what you think

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
04 Apr 2024, 4:19 pm #246

Wasnt even a decade ago, it was GNE up until the withdrawl of the 11, before that it was the 17, a back further it was the original 317, also a bus for them to Newcastle would probably be useful, but i wouldnt mess with the 1 and 317, i'd re-route the 354, Billy Mill doesnt need 2 buses to North Shields, Shiremoor,New York and Billy Mill have the 353 which would benefit better if that went half hourly again, but im not going to make this another service suggestions thread, i'll post what my suggestion in there, see what you think

Kind Regards
Tez

05 Apr 2024, 12:47 pm #247
(04 Apr 2024, 4:19 pm)V514DFT Wasnt even a decade ago, it was GNE up until the withdrawl of the 11, before that it was the 17, a back further it was the original 317, also a bus for them to Newcastle would probably be useful, but i wouldnt mess with the 1 and 317, i'd re-route the 354, Billy Mill doesnt need 2 buses to North Shields, Shiremoor,New York and Billy Mill have the 353 which would benefit better if that went half hourly again, but im not going to make this another service suggestions thread, i'll post what my suggestion in there, see what you think

I agree, yeah. However, as my girlfriend lives in Backworth/Northumberland Park and we travel to Shields alot (and hate getting the Metro for a factor of reasons), and it is refreshing to see an extra bus added to the frequency along Station Road/Earsdon Road. Yet we have three buses to North Shields and only one bus to Whitley. And sometimes it gets confusing with Stagecoach still doing the evening 54s as Arriva had it still going to Whitley. 

I think they should make the evening 54s a 359, and on the bus stop key it should say "*operated by Stagecoach, omits Murton Village and extends to Newcastle"

(04 Apr 2024, 2:17 pm)Thomas12 They definitley aren't subcontracting it out - if they were they wouldn't be using GNE buses/drivers.

I don't mean as of now, I mean in the near future, but like I said; this driver talks complete shite so take what he says with a grain of salt.
Edited 05 Apr 2024, 12:48 pm by Lewis1509.
Lewis1509
05 Apr 2024, 12:47 pm #247

(04 Apr 2024, 4:19 pm)V514DFT Wasnt even a decade ago, it was GNE up until the withdrawl of the 11, before that it was the 17, a back further it was the original 317, also a bus for them to Newcastle would probably be useful, but i wouldnt mess with the 1 and 317, i'd re-route the 354, Billy Mill doesnt need 2 buses to North Shields, Shiremoor,New York and Billy Mill have the 353 which would benefit better if that went half hourly again, but im not going to make this another service suggestions thread, i'll post what my suggestion in there, see what you think

I agree, yeah. However, as my girlfriend lives in Backworth/Northumberland Park and we travel to Shields alot (and hate getting the Metro for a factor of reasons), and it is refreshing to see an extra bus added to the frequency along Station Road/Earsdon Road. Yet we have three buses to North Shields and only one bus to Whitley. And sometimes it gets confusing with Stagecoach still doing the evening 54s as Arriva had it still going to Whitley. 

I think they should make the evening 54s a 359, and on the bus stop key it should say "*operated by Stagecoach, omits Murton Village and extends to Newcastle"

(04 Apr 2024, 2:17 pm)Thomas12 They definitley aren't subcontracting it out - if they were they wouldn't be using GNE buses/drivers.

I don't mean as of now, I mean in the near future, but like I said; this driver talks complete shite so take what he says with a grain of salt.

07 Apr 2024, 10:20 am #248
Absolutely diabolical from the 317 again. Missed out Coniston Road and missed me out (9.30am from WB to Wallsend).

Is there anyone possibly higher than Nexus as this is disgraceful. I've missed so many buses ever since GNE took over, I'm very angry considering this is one of my most used services.
Lewis1509
07 Apr 2024, 10:20 am #248

Absolutely diabolical from the 317 again. Missed out Coniston Road and missed me out (9.30am from WB to Wallsend).

Is there anyone possibly higher than Nexus as this is disgraceful. I've missed so many buses ever since GNE took over, I'm very angry considering this is one of my most used services.

07 Apr 2024, 10:49 am #249
(07 Apr 2024, 10:20 am)Lewis1509 Absolutely diabolical from the 317 again. Missed out Coniston Road and missed me out (9.30am from WB to Wallsend).

If it's any consolation GNE's performance on the Metro replacement yesterday was pathetic too - over 30 mins gaps in service on a supposed 12 monute headway.  Interestingly bustimes was showing vehicles as running a given departure when they most definitely not.  I do wonder if Nexus will even know they were paying for a service that wasn't provided - and if they do whether they will care or do anything about it.
stagecoachbusdepot
07 Apr 2024, 10:49 am #249

(07 Apr 2024, 10:20 am)Lewis1509 Absolutely diabolical from the 317 again. Missed out Coniston Road and missed me out (9.30am from WB to Wallsend).

If it's any consolation GNE's performance on the Metro replacement yesterday was pathetic too - over 30 mins gaps in service on a supposed 12 monute headway.  Interestingly bustimes was showing vehicles as running a given departure when they most definitely not.  I do wonder if Nexus will even know they were paying for a service that wasn't provided - and if they do whether they will care or do anything about it.

Andreos1

07 Apr 2024, 10:58 am #250
(07 Apr 2024, 10:49 am)stagecoachbusdepot If it's any consolation GNE's performance on the Metro replacement yesterday was pathetic too - over 30 mins gaps in service on a supposed 12 monute headway.  Interestingly bustimes was showing vehicles as running a given departure when they most definitely not.  I do wonder if Nexus will even know they were paying for a service that wasn't provided - and if they do whether they will care or do anything about it.

I do think fraudulent or misreporting of running services for financial gain is quite a big thing. 

I'd love it if operators got found out. Love it.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
07 Apr 2024, 10:58 am #250

(07 Apr 2024, 10:49 am)stagecoachbusdepot If it's any consolation GNE's performance on the Metro replacement yesterday was pathetic too - over 30 mins gaps in service on a supposed 12 monute headway.  Interestingly bustimes was showing vehicles as running a given departure when they most definitely not.  I do wonder if Nexus will even know they were paying for a service that wasn't provided - and if they do whether they will care or do anything about it.

I do think fraudulent or misreporting of running services for financial gain is quite a big thing. 

I'd love it if operators got found out. Love it.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Pages (13) Previous 111 12 13

• 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average