Menu

North East Buses The Canteen Useful & Informative Links Busncoachfleetlists

Busncoachfleetlists

Busncoachfleetlists

• 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average

02 Apr 2024, 10:49 pm #1
I started this wiki a while ago to allow me to easily share fleetlist onto the site for certain local operators where I used to live in the North West I was interested in tracking. Then I added the North East as I was interested in it cos friends with Tyresmoke it then moved into Staffordshire because yahoo groups closed and I was a mod on a site for news there. Many years ago it was a home built website but that died when I gave up and lost interest as I was looking for something simpler to just click n update.

Since moving I have started to add in South Australian fleetlist for local operators in the area. Also since this site dont do fleetlists anymore I decided recently to add more NE operators to the site so feel free to request any you want adding (will link just the NE section below)

North East | Busncoachfleetlists Wiki | Fandom
james solomon
02 Apr 2024, 10:49 pm #1

I started this wiki a while ago to allow me to easily share fleetlist onto the site for certain local operators where I used to live in the North West I was interested in tracking. Then I added the North East as I was interested in it cos friends with Tyresmoke it then moved into Staffordshire because yahoo groups closed and I was a mod on a site for news there. Many years ago it was a home built website but that died when I gave up and lost interest as I was looking for something simpler to just click n update.

Since moving I have started to add in South Australian fleetlist for local operators in the area. Also since this site dont do fleetlists anymore I decided recently to add more NE operators to the site so feel free to request any you want adding (will link just the NE section below)

North East | Busncoachfleetlists Wiki | Fandom

09 Apr 2024, 1:36 am #2
New to the site is Rayners Coaches, Bell Bros and Ted Wilfred Coaches
james solomon
09 Apr 2024, 1:36 am #2

New to the site is Rayners Coaches, Bell Bros and Ted Wilfred Coaches

24 Apr 2024, 9:08 am #3
New to the site is is White Star Coaches, Henry Cooper, Howard Snaith and A-Line Coaches
james solomon
24 Apr 2024, 9:08 am #3

New to the site is is White Star Coaches, Henry Cooper, Howard Snaith and A-Line Coaches

27 Apr 2024, 2:56 pm #4
New to the site is 626 Coach Hire, Bells Coaches, CLG Travel, Compare Minibus Travel, Coopers Tourmaster, Danny's Travel, Gillinghams Coaches, Glen Valley Tours, Jewitts Coaches, L&B Travel, L&G Coaches, Longstaffs Coaches, Maynards Travel, Roberts Tours, Rowell of Prudhoe, Snowdons, Tynedale Travel Group, Tyne Valley Coaches and Wardley Coaches
james solomon
27 Apr 2024, 2:56 pm #4

New to the site is 626 Coach Hire, Bells Coaches, CLG Travel, Compare Minibus Travel, Coopers Tourmaster, Danny's Travel, Gillinghams Coaches, Glen Valley Tours, Jewitts Coaches, L&B Travel, L&G Coaches, Longstaffs Coaches, Maynards Travel, Roberts Tours, Rowell of Prudhoe, Snowdons, Tynedale Travel Group, Tyne Valley Coaches and Wardley Coaches

Dan

Site Administrator

27 Apr 2024, 8:19 pm #5
In the Northstar fleet, both Tridents are Euro 5 and SP04DCE is fleet number 411.

Both were re-engined by Stagecoach as part of this investment:
https://www.intelligenttransport.com/tra...icle-life/

They are now powered by a 6.7l Cummins ISBe engine, opposed to the 8.3l Cummins ISC lumps they had new, and, sound of engine aside, can be identified fairly easily by the adblue filler caps they have now (which they didn’t when new).

Being Euro 5 is the reason they were purchased (all Nexus contracts are now Euro 5 as a minimum). The change of specification by Nexus means, on the expiry of current contracts, Euro 4 vehicles will no longer be allowable. Go North East will almost certainly have to dispose of most of their Euro 4 double-deck buses (including ex-Lothian B9s and ex-Brighton OmniDekkas) as a result, presumably isolating the recently refurbished ex-GNW Volvo B9s (which are only Euro 4) on County Durham schools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan
27 Apr 2024, 8:19 pm #5

In the Northstar fleet, both Tridents are Euro 5 and SP04DCE is fleet number 411.

Both were re-engined by Stagecoach as part of this investment:
https://www.intelligenttransport.com/tra...icle-life/

They are now powered by a 6.7l Cummins ISBe engine, opposed to the 8.3l Cummins ISC lumps they had new, and, sound of engine aside, can be identified fairly easily by the adblue filler caps they have now (which they didn’t when new).

Being Euro 5 is the reason they were purchased (all Nexus contracts are now Euro 5 as a minimum). The change of specification by Nexus means, on the expiry of current contracts, Euro 4 vehicles will no longer be allowable. Go North East will almost certainly have to dispose of most of their Euro 4 double-deck buses (including ex-Lothian B9s and ex-Brighton OmniDekkas) as a result, presumably isolating the recently refurbished ex-GNW Volvo B9s (which are only Euro 4) on County Durham schools.

Unber43

27 Apr 2024, 9:49 pm #6
Would they not just send the B9 and the OmniDekkas to Consett for the X5/15/16/16A or Washington for the 50 or Deptford for the 35 or spares for the 20
Unber43
27 Apr 2024, 9:49 pm #6

Would they not just send the B9 and the OmniDekkas to Consett for the X5/15/16/16A or Washington for the 50 or Deptford for the 35 or spares for the 20

BusLoverMum

27 Apr 2024, 11:21 pm #7
(27 Apr 2024, 9:49 pm)Unber43 Would they not just send the B9 and the OmniDekkas to Consett for the X5/15/16/16A or Washington for the 50 or Deptford for the 35 or spares for the 20

Durham looks like a bus retirement home already.
BusLoverMum
27 Apr 2024, 11:21 pm #7

(27 Apr 2024, 9:49 pm)Unber43 Would they not just send the B9 and the OmniDekkas to Consett for the X5/15/16/16A or Washington for the 50 or Deptford for the 35 or spares for the 20

Durham looks like a bus retirement home already.

Dan

Site Administrator

28 Apr 2024, 2:44 am #8

Theoretically, yes, but they’re going to the effort of repainting, single-door converting and branding ex-London E400s for the 16/16A at the moment, so I can’t see them making a u-turn on this decision to preserve the life of life-expired Euro 4 buses.

It would be a somewhat backwards move to use older buses on frontline service work such as the 50, in order to operate schools with Euro 6 StreetDecks, and I would be very surprised if GNE priced their contracts based on schools taking the depreciation costs of mid-life buses new in 2016.

Dan
28 Apr 2024, 2:44 am #8

Theoretically, yes, but they’re going to the effort of repainting, single-door converting and branding ex-London E400s for the 16/16A at the moment, so I can’t see them making a u-turn on this decision to preserve the life of life-expired Euro 4 buses.

It would be a somewhat backwards move to use older buses on frontline service work such as the 50, in order to operate schools with Euro 6 StreetDecks, and I would be very surprised if GNE priced their contracts based on schools taking the depreciation costs of mid-life buses new in 2016.

Unber43

28 Apr 2024, 6:42 pm #9
(28 Apr 2024, 2:44 am)Dan Theoretically, yes, but they’re going to the effort of repainting, single-door converting and branding ex-London E400s for the 16/16A at the moment, so I can’t see them making a u-turn on this decision to preserve the life of life-expired Euro 4 buses.

GNE always use newer buses on schoool routes, they had 6356/7 on School routes for the better part of 18 months
Unber43
28 Apr 2024, 6:42 pm #9

(28 Apr 2024, 2:44 am)Dan Theoretically, yes, but they’re going to the effort of repainting, single-door converting and branding ex-London E400s for the 16/16A at the moment, so I can’t see them making a u-turn on this decision to preserve the life of life-expired Euro 4 buses.

GNE always use newer buses on schoool routes, they had 6356/7 on School routes for the better part of 18 months

28 Apr 2024, 6:49 pm #10
(28 Apr 2024, 6:42 pm)Unber43 GNE always use newer buses on schoool routes, they had 6356/7 on School routes for the better part of 18 months

The green X-Lines got absolutely ruined being put on Scholars at Deptford. It seemed like such a waste of nearly new buses.
deanmachine
28 Apr 2024, 6:49 pm #10

(28 Apr 2024, 6:42 pm)Unber43 GNE always use newer buses on schoool routes, they had 6356/7 on School routes for the better part of 18 months

The green X-Lines got absolutely ruined being put on Scholars at Deptford. It seemed like such a waste of nearly new buses.

Unber43

28 Apr 2024, 6:55 pm #11
(28 Apr 2024, 6:49 pm)deanmachine The green X-Lines got absolutely ruined being put on Scholars at Deptford. It seemed like such a waste of nearly new buses.
It didnt seem it was. 

The state and the flip flop for the GNE network/bus allocation in the past 4 years has been disgraceful tbh. and the general state of the fleet from 57 plates E400 on front line serivces doing 6mph up slight inclines, to 16-70 plate streetdecks on school and 50% angels on EG routes
Unber43
28 Apr 2024, 6:55 pm #11

(28 Apr 2024, 6:49 pm)deanmachine The green X-Lines got absolutely ruined being put on Scholars at Deptford. It seemed like such a waste of nearly new buses.
It didnt seem it was. 

The state and the flip flop for the GNE network/bus allocation in the past 4 years has been disgraceful tbh. and the general state of the fleet from 57 plates E400 on front line serivces doing 6mph up slight inclines, to 16-70 plate streetdecks on school and 50% angels on EG routes

• 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average