Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Stockton High St improvements

Stockton High St improvements

Stockton High St improvements

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

tyresmoke

31 Aug 2013, 6:54 am #1
The next set of works in Stockton High St will take place from Monday which will see 4 stands taken out of use, and therefore a number of revised stand locations.
http://www.connectteesvalley.com/data/tr..._end_1.pdf

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
31 Aug 2013, 6:54 am #1

The next set of works in Stockton High St will take place from Monday which will see 4 stands taken out of use, and therefore a number of revised stand locations.
http://www.connectteesvalley.com/data/tr..._end_1.pdf

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Kuyoyo

28 Mar 2014, 6:54 pm #2
Latest wave of work sees 2 current Southbound stands taken out of use and replaced by 3 new Southbound stands in the newly completed island (which replaces the old northbound island stops)

http://www.connectteesvalley.com/data/bu...042014.pdf
Kuyoyo
28 Mar 2014, 6:54 pm #2

Latest wave of work sees 2 current Southbound stands taken out of use and replaced by 3 new Southbound stands in the newly completed island (which replaces the old northbound island stops)

Adrian

28 Mar 2014, 7:32 pm #3
(28 Mar 2014, 6:54 pm)Kuyoyo Latest wave of work sees 2 current Southbound stands taken out of use and replaced by 3 new Southbound stands in the newly completed island (which replaces the old northbound island stops)

How are these changes working out? Is there any notable improvement for buses serving the area? I ask being someone who hasn't been to Stockton for many moons...

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
28 Mar 2014, 7:32 pm #3

(28 Mar 2014, 6:54 pm)Kuyoyo Latest wave of work sees 2 current Southbound stands taken out of use and replaced by 3 new Southbound stands in the newly completed island (which replaces the old northbound island stops)

How are these changes working out? Is there any notable improvement for buses serving the area? I ask being someone who hasn't been to Stockton for many moons...

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Kuyoyo

28 Mar 2014, 7:40 pm #4
(28 Mar 2014, 7:32 pm)aureolin How are these changes working out? Is there any notable improvement for buses serving the area? I ask being someone who hasn't been to Stockton for many moons...

Not at all in terms of these upcoming ones - at present Stand 11/12 are right by a temporary contraflow while they put in a new humped crossing in (which is now 2 weeks behind schedule and hasn't been touched at all this week).

Basically, at present, it's a nightmare but hopefully things will be sorted out once everything is completed.
Kuyoyo
28 Mar 2014, 7:40 pm #4

(28 Mar 2014, 7:32 pm)aureolin How are these changes working out? Is there any notable improvement for buses serving the area? I ask being someone who hasn't been to Stockton for many moons...

Not at all in terms of these upcoming ones - at present Stand 11/12 are right by a temporary contraflow while they put in a new humped crossing in (which is now 2 weeks behind schedule and hasn't been touched at all this week).

Basically, at present, it's a nightmare but hopefully things will be sorted out once everything is completed.

Jimmi

06 Oct 2014, 9:10 pm #5
It's brilliant spending money on making the high street look pretty and have nice new bus shelters to keep out the rain and raised kerbs to make it easier to board the bus, but why does the X66 have to stop on some rather awful road where the two taxi companies just stop in the middle of the road and also there is no raised kerb so people even those who aren't disabled struggle to board the bus and there is no bus shelter and everytime it rains you end up huddling underneath the law firms shutter, unless its the weekend when its closed when there is no way of keeping dry, its poor that we visit Stockton and get totally screwed over while buses to everywhere else get to wait on the high street and see the new pretty trees and bus shelters while we get pretty views of takeaways.
Jimmi
06 Oct 2014, 9:10 pm #5

It's brilliant spending money on making the high street look pretty and have nice new bus shelters to keep out the rain and raised kerbs to make it easier to board the bus, but why does the X66 have to stop on some rather awful road where the two taxi companies just stop in the middle of the road and also there is no raised kerb so people even those who aren't disabled struggle to board the bus and there is no bus shelter and everytime it rains you end up huddling underneath the law firms shutter, unless its the weekend when its closed when there is no way of keeping dry, its poor that we visit Stockton and get totally screwed over while buses to everywhere else get to wait on the high street and see the new pretty trees and bus shelters while we get pretty views of takeaways.

Andreos1

06 Oct 2014, 9:35 pm #6
The number of times I have been on a southbound x1 and jumped off at at the High St, after the bus grounded the underside off the kerb is crazy.

All of that money, designing and installing the kerbs, to have them left a lovely shade of blue...

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
06 Oct 2014, 9:35 pm #6

The number of times I have been on a southbound x1 and jumped off at at the High St, after the bus grounded the underside off the kerb is crazy.

All of that money, designing and installing the kerbs, to have them left a lovely shade of blue...

Jimmi

06 Oct 2014, 9:51 pm #7
Quote:The number of times I have been on a southbound x1 and jumped off at at the High St, after the bus grounded the underside off the kerb is crazy.

It's like that everywhere with a raised kerb though.
That X66 stand is terrible, its far too low and there is bollards next to the stop as well.
Jimmi
06 Oct 2014, 9:51 pm #7

Quote:The number of times I have been on a southbound x1 and jumped off at at the High St, after the bus grounded the underside off the kerb is crazy.

It's like that everywhere with a raised kerb though.
That X66 stand is terrible, its far too low and there is bollards next to the stop as well.

Andreos1

06 Oct 2014, 9:58 pm #8
I'd like to think its because of the angle they have to come in on the x1 and the positioning of the stop, against the cones/barriers etc.
There isn't enough room to get the bus in to the stop, without grounding it or wiping out the barriers.

Or, they stop away from the stop...

Andreos1
06 Oct 2014, 9:58 pm #8

I'd like to think its because of the angle they have to come in on the x1 and the positioning of the stop, against the cones/barriers etc.
There isn't enough room to get the bus in to the stop, without grounding it or wiping out the barriers.

Or, they stop away from the stop...

Kuyoyo

13 Nov 2014, 11:44 am #9
Not totally relevant to the improvement work - but tomorrow sees Stockton host the official North East section of BBC Children In Need telecast, and as a result, there's stop changes in place as the majority of the High Street is closed.

http://www.connectteesvalley.com/data/tr..._stand.pdf
Kuyoyo
13 Nov 2014, 11:44 am #9

Not totally relevant to the improvement work - but tomorrow sees Stockton host the official North East section of BBC Children In Need telecast, and as a result, there's stop changes in place as the majority of the High Street is closed.

http://www.connectteesvalley.com/data/tr..._stand.pdf

13 Nov 2014, 2:39 pm #10
For all Stockton is apparently the widest high street in the country, it does need to be closed way too regularly in my view.
JakeSavage
13 Nov 2014, 2:39 pm #10

For all Stockton is apparently the widest high street in the country, it does need to be closed way too regularly in my view.

Kuyoyo

25 Mar 2015, 10:08 pm #11
To bring Stockton into line with the other Tees Valley towns, the High Street stands will be revised from Sunday - changing from the present numbers to letters, awaiting the farce to being (as they appear to be going from stands allocation grouped by destination to stand allocation grouped by departure times)

http://www.connectteesvalley.com/data/bu...290315.pdf
Kuyoyo
25 Mar 2015, 10:08 pm #11

To bring Stockton into line with the other Tees Valley towns, the High Street stands will be revised from Sunday - changing from the present numbers to letters, awaiting the farce to being (as they appear to be going from stands allocation grouped by destination to stand allocation grouped by departure times)

http://www.connectteesvalley.com/data/bu...290315.pdf

Kuyoyo

09 Jun 2016, 6:20 pm #12
Thursday 23rd June and Sunday 26th June 2016, Stockton host the National Road Race Cycling Championship which will see the High Street closed for the two days along with the Riverside and St John's Crossing (Durham Road and the A177 will additionally be shut on the Sunday). I understand there will be some interesting routings on those days.

.jpeg
image.jpeg
Size: 1.24 MB / Downloads: 10
Kuyoyo
09 Jun 2016, 6:20 pm #12

Thursday 23rd June and Sunday 26th June 2016, Stockton host the National Road Race Cycling Championship which will see the High Street closed for the two days along with the Riverside and St John's Crossing (Durham Road and the A177 will additionally be shut on the Sunday). I understand there will be some interesting routings on those days.

.jpeg
image.jpeg
Size: 1.24 MB / Downloads: 10

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average