Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Network Ticketing

Network Ticketing

Network Ticketing

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3
Andreos1

14 Dec 2015, 6:15 pm #41
(14 Dec 2015, 4:58 pm)Malarkey Sunderland, Newcastle, South Tyneside & North Tyneside.

Washington, Gateshead and a few other areas dont benefit from this, further more from going on "The Key" Website to buy a Ticket you cannot purchase multiple zones either, therefore you would have to revert to Network One if you were using multiple operators, makes the scheme pretty pointless in my opinion.

Where are the zone boundaries listed?

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
14 Dec 2015, 6:15 pm #41

(14 Dec 2015, 4:58 pm)Malarkey Sunderland, Newcastle, South Tyneside & North Tyneside.

Washington, Gateshead and a few other areas dont benefit from this, further more from going on "The Key" Website to buy a Ticket you cannot purchase multiple zones either, therefore you would have to revert to Network One if you were using multiple operators, makes the scheme pretty pointless in my opinion.

Where are the zone boundaries listed?

Malarkey

14 Dec 2015, 6:33 pm #42
(14 Dec 2015, 6:15 pm)Andreos1 Where are the zone boundaries listed?

Other than the brief mention in the article which Dan posted, they can be found when purchasing a "NE Smart Zone" ticket via The Key Website, I guess GNE will eventually update there website with a link to a page with all the details regarding this new scheme in the next few days.
Malarkey
14 Dec 2015, 6:33 pm #42

(14 Dec 2015, 6:15 pm)Andreos1 Where are the zone boundaries listed?

Other than the brief mention in the article which Dan posted, they can be found when purchasing a "NE Smart Zone" ticket via The Key Website, I guess GNE will eventually update there website with a link to a page with all the details regarding this new scheme in the next few days.

Andreos1

14 Dec 2015, 6:46 pm #43
Ah, got you.
No wonder I couldn't find it!

There is an asterisk in the link about the boundaries, but I couldn't see anywhere further referencing it.

Andreos1
14 Dec 2015, 6:46 pm #43

Ah, got you.

There is an asterisk in the link about the boundaries, but I couldn't see anywhere further referencing it.

Michael

14 Dec 2015, 6:48 pm #44
(14 Dec 2015, 6:46 pm)Andreos1 Ah, got you.

I was also wondering why there isn't a link to it.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
14 Dec 2015, 6:48 pm #44

(14 Dec 2015, 6:46 pm)Andreos1 Ah, got you.

I was also wondering why there isn't a link to it.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

tyresmoke

14 Dec 2015, 7:01 pm #45
I believe the proper public launch isn't until January, this is just a "soft" launch to get everything in place.
tyresmoke
14 Dec 2015, 7:01 pm #45

I believe the proper public launch isn't until January, this is just a "soft" launch to get everything in place.

markydh

14 Dec 2015, 7:52 pm #46
I won't be getting one. Utterly pointless unless you live on a multi-operator corridor like Great North Road. Bus only cross boundary tickets would be far more useful!
markydh
14 Dec 2015, 7:52 pm #46

I won't be getting one. Utterly pointless unless you live on a multi-operator corridor like Great North Road. Bus only cross boundary tickets would be far more useful!

Andreos1

14 Dec 2015, 8:16 pm #47
(14 Dec 2015, 7:52 pm)markydh I won't be getting one. Utterly pointless unless you live on a multi-operator corridor like Great North Road. [b]Bus only cross boundary tickets would be far more useful![/b? ]

Whilst political posturing is hindering the payg pop card launch, which offers a lot and could do just that...

Couldn't make it up.
Edited 14 Dec 2015, 8:18 pm by Andreos1.

Andreos1
14 Dec 2015, 8:16 pm #47

(14 Dec 2015, 7:52 pm)markydh I won't be getting one. Utterly pointless unless you live on a multi-operator corridor like Great North Road. [b]Bus only cross boundary tickets would be far more useful![/b? ]

Whilst political posturing is hindering the payg pop card launch, which offers a lot and could do just that...

Couldn't make it up.

BusLoverMum

14 Dec 2015, 10:08 pm #48
The prices quoted seem to imply that each option is just for the one zone, anyhow. Fine if you live and work and shop in one of the areas pretty exclusively, so would normally only have a one zone network one pass, and probably most useful in Sunderland. It seems expensive for what it is, though.
BusLoverMum
14 Dec 2015, 10:08 pm #48

The prices quoted seem to imply that each option is just for the one zone, anyhow. Fine if you live and work and shop in one of the areas pretty exclusively, so would normally only have a one zone network one pass, and probably most useful in Sunderland. It seems expensive for what it is, though.

Michael

17 Dec 2015, 2:07 pm #49
Stagecoach have updated their site to show the new NE Network ticketing:

The maps of the zones have all the services on for the area, which is good - example the Sunderland Map: https://tiscon-maps-stagecoachbus.s3.ama...015DEC.pdf

More info here: https://www.stagecoachbus.com/promos-and.../smartzone

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
17 Dec 2015, 2:07 pm #49

Stagecoach have updated their site to show the new NE Network ticketing:

The maps of the zones have all the services on for the area, which is good - example the Sunderland Map: https://tiscon-maps-stagecoachbus.s3.ama...015DEC.pdf

More info here: https://www.stagecoachbus.com/promos-and.../smartzone

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average