Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Gold Standard

Gold Standard

Gold Standard

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average

Pages (3) Previous 1 2 3 Next
Andreos1

25 Oct 2013, 12:51 pm #21
(25 Oct 2013, 11:12 am)BJ10VUS I thought the "95% of journeys run on time" was a VOSA target anyway?

and then you get the regulated journies... Fare enough if a service is frequent, less so when people are left standing for 30mins+ with no alternative.

My personal thoughts to branding are explained in the branding thread.

However, I have to agree that the GNE Gold Standard (and Easyaccess Guarantee)seems a bit half hearted and lacklustre compared to other operators, particularly when it comes to the regular feedback relating to broken ramps or drivers not calling taxi's on the fb page.

If a company (whoever it is) is going to make a promise or gurantee, they need to stick to it.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
25 Oct 2013, 12:51 pm #21

(25 Oct 2013, 11:12 am)BJ10VUS I thought the "95% of journeys run on time" was a VOSA target anyway?

and then you get the regulated journies... Fare enough if a service is frequent, less so when people are left standing for 30mins+ with no alternative.

My personal thoughts to branding are explained in the branding thread.

However, I have to agree that the GNE Gold Standard (and Easyaccess Guarantee)seems a bit half hearted and lacklustre compared to other operators, particularly when it comes to the regular feedback relating to broken ramps or drivers not calling taxi's on the fb page.

If a company (whoever it is) is going to make a promise or gurantee, they need to stick to it.

Chris

25 Oct 2013, 1:01 pm #22
(25 Oct 2013, 12:51 pm)Andreos1 My personal thoughts to branding are explained in the branding thread.

Good point, think I've probably posted this in the wrong thread.

I don't use buses as much as I would like to these days, is regulation a big thing up here? I know in London it is. I guess if you regulate or don't regulate, there will always be winners and losers. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.
Chris
25 Oct 2013, 1:01 pm #22

(25 Oct 2013, 12:51 pm)Andreos1 My personal thoughts to branding are explained in the branding thread.

Good point, think I've probably posted this in the wrong thread.

I don't use buses as much as I would like to these days, is regulation a big thing up here? I know in London it is. I guess if you regulate or don't regulate, there will always be winners and losers. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Malarkey

25 Oct 2013, 1:27 pm #23
For me as much as I love Branding I do think now that it has past it time as I feel it is starting to lack creativity and thought, Look at the New Drifter Brand, apparently it's going to be pretty much the same as the Coaster Brand.

I will give GNE credit where credit is due as they have tried to change the style of Branding to a Simplistic but Effective one on the Tynedale Xpress for example which similar to Trent Bartons Liveries. I think GNE should go for change now and make the "Gold Standard" a Corporate Livery, the Infrastructure is already in place and they have the Buses/Routes under Gold Standard but without the Identity as it is Covered up.

I think it could be a Major Benefit if GNE were to Capitalize on it more, plus they could make Major Saving in the long run on Repaints, Yeah at First they'd have to Repaint the Fleet which would take time and cost a lot of Money and would take a Year or 2 maybe more to fully Implement. But after that they'd be Saving Money. Lothian Buses are a excellent Example when it comes to a Repainting Program as they've been doing there's for a good few years now.

Also by Capitalizing on the Gold Standard more I think it would also allow for GNE to Branch out more in areas such as Bishop Auckland/Darlington where they were Unsuccessful with the OK1, If they were offer Passengers in that Area a better Deal and Buses and also Services to that of what Arriva are offering with Sapphire which starts this Sunday on Service 7 Durham - Darlington, would the OK1 if GNE had did what I am proposing over a Year ago been more Successful than what it was?

So if GNE were to Implement "Gold Standard" as a Corporate Livery from 2014, The following Services would fall under "Gold Standard".

Angel 21
Blaydon Racers 49/49A/49B/49C
Citylink 58
Coaster 1
Cobalt Clipper 309/310
Cobalt Connect 19
Connections 4
Crusader 27
Drifter 60
Diamond 43/44
FAB 56
Laser 35/35A/35B/35C
Lambton Worm 34/34A
Pronto X21
Quaylink Q1/Q2
Red Arrows X1
Red Kite 45/46
Saltwell Park 53/54
Silver Arrows 2A/2C
Simplicity 39 TBC/42
South Tyne 88/88A
Sunderland Connect 700
Ten
Tyne Tees Xpress X9/X10
Whey Aye 50
X66

Now here is where we have Major Probelm, There is way too many Routes that fall under "Gold Standard", and what GNE would need is an Equal Balance between this and the Northern Brand. A few of the Brands on the list above as already discussed would be taken off as they'd be the Select few Brands we as Enthusiasts would keep.
Malarkey
25 Oct 2013, 1:27 pm #23

For me as much as I love Branding I do think now that it has past it time as I feel it is starting to lack creativity and thought, Look at the New Drifter Brand, apparently it's going to be pretty much the same as the Coaster Brand.

I will give GNE credit where credit is due as they have tried to change the style of Branding to a Simplistic but Effective one on the Tynedale Xpress for example which similar to Trent Bartons Liveries. I think GNE should go for change now and make the "Gold Standard" a Corporate Livery, the Infrastructure is already in place and they have the Buses/Routes under Gold Standard but without the Identity as it is Covered up.

I think it could be a Major Benefit if GNE were to Capitalize on it more, plus they could make Major Saving in the long run on Repaints, Yeah at First they'd have to Repaint the Fleet which would take time and cost a lot of Money and would take a Year or 2 maybe more to fully Implement. But after that they'd be Saving Money. Lothian Buses are a excellent Example when it comes to a Repainting Program as they've been doing there's for a good few years now.

Also by Capitalizing on the Gold Standard more I think it would also allow for GNE to Branch out more in areas such as Bishop Auckland/Darlington where they were Unsuccessful with the OK1, If they were offer Passengers in that Area a better Deal and Buses and also Services to that of what Arriva are offering with Sapphire which starts this Sunday on Service 7 Durham - Darlington, would the OK1 if GNE had did what I am proposing over a Year ago been more Successful than what it was?

So if GNE were to Implement "Gold Standard" as a Corporate Livery from 2014, The following Services would fall under "Gold Standard".

Angel 21
Blaydon Racers 49/49A/49B/49C
Citylink 58
Coaster 1
Cobalt Clipper 309/310
Cobalt Connect 19
Connections 4
Crusader 27
Drifter 60
Diamond 43/44
FAB 56
Laser 35/35A/35B/35C
Lambton Worm 34/34A
Pronto X21
Quaylink Q1/Q2
Red Arrows X1
Red Kite 45/46
Saltwell Park 53/54
Silver Arrows 2A/2C
Simplicity 39 TBC/42
South Tyne 88/88A
Sunderland Connect 700
Ten
Tyne Tees Xpress X9/X10
Whey Aye 50
X66

Now here is where we have Major Probelm, There is way too many Routes that fall under "Gold Standard", and what GNE would need is an Equal Balance between this and the Northern Brand. A few of the Brands on the list above as already discussed would be taken off as they'd be the Select few Brands we as Enthusiasts would keep.

BJ10VUS

25 Oct 2013, 2:21 pm #24
(25 Oct 2013, 12:51 pm)Andreos1 and then you get the regulated journies... Fare enough if a service is frequent, less so when people are left standing for 30mins+ with no alternative.

I think the 21 and 27 are particularly bad at this, with services being turned around at Chester-le-Street instead of Durham and Gateshead instead of Newcastle.
BJ10VUS
25 Oct 2013, 2:21 pm #24

(25 Oct 2013, 12:51 pm)Andreos1 and then you get the regulated journies... Fare enough if a service is frequent, less so when people are left standing for 30mins+ with no alternative.

I think the 21 and 27 are particularly bad at this, with services being turned around at Chester-le-Street instead of Durham and Gateshead instead of Newcastle.

Andreos1

25 Oct 2013, 3:28 pm #25
(25 Oct 2013, 1:01 pm)Chris Good point, think I've probably posted this in the wrong thread.

A bus I was on the other day was late, supposed to be regulated and switched to NIS towards the last couple of miles of the journey according to the radio - the driver apparently refused, because 'there was no sign of the following bus'.

There are the examples given above by BJ10VUS, someone (possibly Fozz) mentioned about the x1 running short to Hetton, the 78 has been stopped more than once or misses out Chester South Burns.
The old 21a on a Sunday when it ran to Peterlee was always missing in action.

Andreos1
25 Oct 2013, 3:28 pm #25

(25 Oct 2013, 1:01 pm)Chris Good point, think I've probably posted this in the wrong thread.

A bus I was on the other day was late, supposed to be regulated and switched to NIS towards the last couple of miles of the journey according to the radio - the driver apparently refused, because 'there was no sign of the following bus'.

There are the examples given above by BJ10VUS, someone (possibly Fozz) mentioned about the x1 running short to Hetton, the 78 has been stopped more than once or misses out Chester South Burns.

Malarkey

25 Oct 2013, 3:54 pm #26
(25 Oct 2013, 3:28 pm)Andreos1 A bus I was on the other day was late, supposed to be regulated and switched to NIS towards the last couple of miles of the journey according to the radio - the driver apparently refused, because 'there was no sign of the following bus'.

FAB56 is another example, Everytime I in Gateshead there is one or 2 terminating in the Interchange, proves the reliability of the service is poor, as for the 21 there is a Short Working Every 15 Mins to Chester le Street
Malarkey
25 Oct 2013, 3:54 pm #26

(25 Oct 2013, 3:28 pm)Andreos1 A bus I was on the other day was late, supposed to be regulated and switched to NIS towards the last couple of miles of the journey according to the radio - the driver apparently refused, because 'there was no sign of the following bus'.

FAB56 is another example, Everytime I in Gateshead there is one or 2 terminating in the Interchange, proves the reliability of the service is poor, as for the 21 there is a Short Working Every 15 Mins to Chester le Street

citaro5284

25 Oct 2013, 4:12 pm #27
(25 Oct 2013, 3:54 pm)Adam Malarkey FAB56 is another example, Everytime I in Gateshead there is one or 2 terminating in the Interchange, proves the reliability of the service is poor

Everytime - Are you sure?
citaro5284
25 Oct 2013, 4:12 pm #27

(25 Oct 2013, 3:54 pm)Adam Malarkey FAB56 is another example, Everytime I in Gateshead there is one or 2 terminating in the Interchange, proves the reliability of the service is poor

Everytime - Are you sure?

Malarkey

25 Oct 2013, 4:27 pm #28
(25 Oct 2013, 4:12 pm)citaro5284 Everytime - Are you sure?

Everytime i'm Gateshead which is like every few weeks, but must happen daily due to lateness

December 18th 2012 - On Layover in Gateshead Interchange Due to lateness
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarke...6048699315

May 30th 2013 - On Layover in Gateshead Interchange due to lateness
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/8893987593/

August 7th 2013 - Coming off the Layover on the Wrong side of the of the Bus Station due to lateness
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarke...3040126278

So there is 3 Occasions I have accounted for due to lateness in the Past Year.
Malarkey
25 Oct 2013, 4:27 pm #28

(25 Oct 2013, 4:12 pm)citaro5284 Everytime - Are you sure?

Everytime i'm Gateshead which is like every few weeks, but must happen daily due to lateness

August 7th 2013 - Coming off the Layover on the Wrong side of the of the Bus Station due to lateness

citaro5284

25 Oct 2013, 4:37 pm #29
(25 Oct 2013, 4:27 pm)Adam Malarkey Everytime i'm Gateshead which is like every few weeks, but must happen daily due to lateness

So, 3 times since 18 December 2012, and then you say it is a daily occurrence. The service operates 7 days a week, so since the 18th Dec, it will have operated 310 days and everyone of the other 307 days there would have been a journey terminated at Gateshead purely down to late operation. Somehow, I do not think so, but I will take a look at the lost mileage and let you know.
citaro5284
25 Oct 2013, 4:37 pm #29

(25 Oct 2013, 4:27 pm)Adam Malarkey Everytime i'm Gateshead which is like every few weeks, but must happen daily due to lateness

So, 3 times since 18 December 2012, and then you say it is a daily occurrence. The service operates 7 days a week, so since the 18th Dec, it will have operated 310 days and everyone of the other 307 days there would have been a journey terminated at Gateshead purely down to late operation. Somehow, I do not think so, but I will take a look at the lost mileage and let you know.

Malarkey

25 Oct 2013, 4:42 pm #30
(25 Oct 2013, 4:37 pm)citaro5284 So, 3 times since 18 December 2012, and then you say it is a daily occurrence. The service operates 7 days a week, so since the 18th Dec, it will have operated 310 days and everyone of the other 307 days there would have been a journey terminated at Gateshead purely down to late operation. Somehow, I do not think so, but I will take a look at the lost mileage and let you know.

No problem Citaro5284, These photos were taken at peak times also between 4pm and 6pm so the School Run would of had an impact on Lateness.
Malarkey
25 Oct 2013, 4:42 pm #30

(25 Oct 2013, 4:37 pm)citaro5284 So, 3 times since 18 December 2012, and then you say it is a daily occurrence. The service operates 7 days a week, so since the 18th Dec, it will have operated 310 days and everyone of the other 307 days there would have been a journey terminated at Gateshead purely down to late operation. Somehow, I do not think so, but I will take a look at the lost mileage and let you know.

No problem Citaro5284, These photos were taken at peak times also between 4pm and 6pm so the School Run would of had an impact on Lateness.

Adrian

25 Oct 2013, 6:04 pm #31

He's not saying that. He said every time HE is in Gateshead, not every operating day of the year.

I personally find the 50 unreliable when I want to use it, which is Monday-Friday mornings and evenings, and Saturdays). They might run to timetable 100% during the day, but because I don't see it, that's my perception of it. GNE no longer publish reliability figures though do they, so there's nothing to change my perception.

Do any operators actually publish these reliability figures any more? If not why? I've had a quick scout around the website, and the best I can find is this:

Our 2012 passenger highlights
  • 72m passenger journeys
  • 91% customer satisfaction rating from Passenger Focus
  • 72,000 key smartcard users
  • Key mobile info and ticketing app suite launched
  • Key lifestyle bus, car club and cycle hire deal created
  • Universal under 19s discounts
  • Over 50,000 Facebook and Twitter followers
  • 7.3% passenger growth over last 5 years

Surely if the reliability and lack of lost mileage was something to shout about, it would have been included in those points? Huh

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
25 Oct 2013, 6:04 pm #31

He's not saying that. He said every time HE is in Gateshead, not every operating day of the year.

I personally find the 50 unreliable when I want to use it, which is Monday-Friday mornings and evenings, and Saturdays). They might run to timetable 100% during the day, but because I don't see it, that's my perception of it. GNE no longer publish reliability figures though do they, so there's nothing to change my perception.

Do any operators actually publish these reliability figures any more? If not why? I've had a quick scout around the website, and the best I can find is this:

Our 2012 passenger highlights
  • 72m passenger journeys
  • 91% customer satisfaction rating from Passenger Focus
  • 72,000 key smartcard users
  • Key mobile info and ticketing app suite launched
  • Key lifestyle bus, car club and cycle hire deal created
  • Universal under 19s discounts
  • Over 50,000 Facebook and Twitter followers
  • 7.3% passenger growth over last 5 years

Surely if the reliability and lack of lost mileage was something to shout about, it would have been included in those points? Huh

citaro5284

26 Oct 2013, 5:44 pm #32
(25 Oct 2013, 6:04 pm)aureolin He's not saying that. He said every time HE is in Gateshead, not every operating day of the year.

Yes, HE is.....and I quote

'but must happen daily due to lateness' on post 28, hence my reply on post 29.
Edited 26 Oct 2013, 5:50 pm by citaro5284.
citaro5284
26 Oct 2013, 5:44 pm #32

(25 Oct 2013, 6:04 pm)aureolin He's not saying that. He said every time HE is in Gateshead, not every operating day of the year.

Yes, HE is.....and I quote

Adrian

26 Oct 2013, 5:52 pm #33
(26 Oct 2013, 5:44 pm)citaro5284 Yes, HE is.....and I quote

He mentioned every time he is in Gateshead twice, and the quote you took once. I suppose taking selective quotes is easier though, so I'll give you that one. Wink

Adrian
26 Oct 2013, 5:52 pm #33

(26 Oct 2013, 5:44 pm)citaro5284 Yes, HE is.....and I quote

He mentioned every time he is in Gateshead twice, and the quote you took once. I suppose taking selective quotes is easier though, so I'll give you that one. Wink

citaro5284

26 Oct 2013, 6:05 pm #34
(26 Oct 2013, 5:52 pm)aureolin He mentioned every time he is in Gateshead twice, and the quote you took once. I suppose taking selective quotes is easier though, so I'll give you that one. Wink

Not selective quotes or the amount of times it is said at all. Adam is right when he said the three occasions he has been to Gateshead there has been a 56 on the layover area, and I was not disputing that, however I was disputing the other part of the statement. You should not making sweeping statements in a public forum (like the one he did) without ensure the statement is accurate and you have the facts to back it up - in this case, unless you have been at Gateshead everyday since 18 Dec, you cannot make a statement as he did.
citaro5284
26 Oct 2013, 6:05 pm #34

(26 Oct 2013, 5:52 pm)aureolin He mentioned every time he is in Gateshead twice, and the quote you took once. I suppose taking selective quotes is easier though, so I'll give you that one. Wink

Not selective quotes or the amount of times it is said at all. Adam is right when he said the three occasions he has been to Gateshead there has been a 56 on the layover area, and I was not disputing that, however I was disputing the other part of the statement. You should not making sweeping statements in a public forum (like the one he did) without ensure the statement is accurate and you have the facts to back it up - in this case, unless you have been at Gateshead everyday since 18 Dec, you cannot make a statement as he did.

Malarkey

26 Oct 2013, 7:35 pm #35
(26 Oct 2013, 7:08 pm)Liam I would happily but £20 on at least one 56 daily being late. Adam has made an association between the frequent delays the service suffers and terminating early at Gateshead. I see no problem with that association.

Thsnks Aureolin and Liam, that is exactly what I was saying, obviously not clearly enough for Citaro5284 to understand, so I shall apologize for that, if we can get back on topic that would be great.
Malarkey
26 Oct 2013, 7:35 pm #35

(26 Oct 2013, 7:08 pm)Liam I would happily but £20 on at least one 56 daily being late. Adam has made an association between the frequent delays the service suffers and terminating early at Gateshead. I see no problem with that association.

Thsnks Aureolin and Liam, that is exactly what I was saying, obviously not clearly enough for Citaro5284 to understand, so I shall apologize for that, if we can get back on topic that would be great.

tyresmoke

26 Oct 2013, 7:44 pm #36

To be fair I was in Gateshead on Monday and a 56 was turned short then too (a Northern Cadet as it were... Passengers shot on the one behind etc). It happens every day and I'd have to argue its better than missing a whole service due to driver losing break etc.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
26 Oct 2013, 7:44 pm #36

To be fair I was in Gateshead on Monday and a 56 was turned short then too (a Northern Cadet as it were... Passengers shot on the one behind etc). It happens every day and I'd have to argue its better than missing a whole service due to driver losing break etc.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Andreos1

26 Oct 2013, 8:03 pm #37
(26 Oct 2013, 7:44 pm)tyresmoke To be fair I was in Gateshead on Monday and a 56 was turned short then too (a Northern Cadet as it were... Passengers shot on the one behind etc). It happens every day and I'd have to argue its better than missing a whole service due to driver losing break etc.

How late are these buses when they are stopped short and regulated?

Three services I have been on this week (two of which were gold standard) were at least 10mins late - which is obviously a small percentage.

At least 95 % of our journeys will run ‘on time’ – that’s no more than 5 minutes late or 1 minute early

I have also seen Red Kites, Angels, Prince Bishops and Laser services running in pairs.
Going by the frequency of these services alone, one of them is more than 5 minutes late or 1 minute early.

I have seen various services run short or depart NIS when running late.

Others have problems with their local services.

Staff have complained openly on the fb page of running times.

Granted not all are Gold Standard, but if these services are used as a representative proportion, I struggle to see how this 95% is maintained.

When these buses are regulated, then a service is missed - whether it is a proportion or the entire route
Passengers are left standing - whether the driver gets their break or not.

Making an unrealistic promise about the '95%' and appeasing VOSA by whichever means, doesn't assist the passenger...

Andreos1
26 Oct 2013, 8:03 pm #37

(26 Oct 2013, 7:44 pm)tyresmoke To be fair I was in Gateshead on Monday and a 56 was turned short then too (a Northern Cadet as it were... Passengers shot on the one behind etc). It happens every day and I'd have to argue its better than missing a whole service due to driver losing break etc.

How late are these buses when they are stopped short and regulated?

Three services I have been on this week (two of which were gold standard) were at least 10mins late - which is obviously a small percentage.

At least 95 % of our journeys will run ‘on time’ – that’s no more than 5 minutes late or 1 minute early

I have also seen Red Kites, Angels, Prince Bishops and Laser services running in pairs.
Going by the frequency of these services alone, one of them is more than 5 minutes late or 1 minute early.

I have seen various services run short or depart NIS when running late.

Others have problems with their local services.

Staff have complained openly on the fb page of running times.

Granted not all are Gold Standard, but if these services are used as a representative proportion, I struggle to see how this 95% is maintained.

When these buses are regulated, then a service is missed - whether it is a proportion or the entire route
Passengers are left standing - whether the driver gets their break or not.

Making an unrealistic promise about the '95%' and appeasing VOSA by whichever means, doesn't assist the passenger...

Malarkey

26 Oct 2013, 8:58 pm #38
In one Journey on the 56 from Sunderland to Newcastle back it takes 2Hours and 8 Minutes and stops a Total of 85 Times. So as Result of Stopping this many times and the impact of the School Run/Rush Hour Traffic at Various Points of the Service is it no wonder the odd journey ends up Terminating at Gateshead due to being over 10 Minutes late, Not really worth heading into Newcastle and becoming even later as a Result.
Malarkey
26 Oct 2013, 8:58 pm #38

In one Journey on the 56 from Sunderland to Newcastle back it takes 2Hours and 8 Minutes and stops a Total of 85 Times. So as Result of Stopping this many times and the impact of the School Run/Rush Hour Traffic at Various Points of the Service is it no wonder the odd journey ends up Terminating at Gateshead due to being over 10 Minutes late, Not really worth heading into Newcastle and becoming even later as a Result.

BJ10VUS

27 Oct 2013, 11:25 am #39
(26 Oct 2013, 8:58 pm)Adam Malarkey In one Journey on the 56 from Sunderland to Newcastle back it takes 2Hours and 8 Minutes and stops a Total of 85 Times. So as Result of Stopping this many times and the impact of the School Run/Rush Hour Traffic at Various Points of the Service is it no wonder the odd journey ends up Terminating at Gateshead due to being over 10 Minutes late, Not really worth heading into Newcastle and becoming even later as a Result.

According to the 56 timetable, it takes 1 hour and 10 minutes to get from Sunderland to Newcastle and 1 hour and 12 minutes back to Sunderland from Newcastle.

I find that Go North East have quite tight timetables on certain routes. For example, I've found that now that the 27 has had a few extra minutes padded in to the timetable (albeit on a very odd 10/11 minute frequency), reliability has increased greatly. I personally think that the 58 could do with a few minutes padded in to the timetable too.
BJ10VUS
27 Oct 2013, 11:25 am #39

(26 Oct 2013, 8:58 pm)Adam Malarkey In one Journey on the 56 from Sunderland to Newcastle back it takes 2Hours and 8 Minutes and stops a Total of 85 Times. So as Result of Stopping this many times and the impact of the School Run/Rush Hour Traffic at Various Points of the Service is it no wonder the odd journey ends up Terminating at Gateshead due to being over 10 Minutes late, Not really worth heading into Newcastle and becoming even later as a Result.

According to the 56 timetable, it takes 1 hour and 10 minutes to get from Sunderland to Newcastle and 1 hour and 12 minutes back to Sunderland from Newcastle.

I find that Go North East have quite tight timetables on certain routes. For example, I've found that now that the 27 has had a few extra minutes padded in to the timetable (albeit on a very odd 10/11 minute frequency), reliability has increased greatly. I personally think that the 58 could do with a few minutes padded in to the timetable too.

Andreos1

27 Oct 2013, 6:29 pm #40
i have mentioned it before, but how much do the core routes contribute to these problems?

Say there are roadworks in pity me. This will cause chaos to anyone wanting to get a bus on a bus at any point between durham and newcastle.
If there was a reliable alternative (like in the past such as the 21a and 21b) between chester and newcastle, then not only would these services offer relief for passengers, it would also assist with the perception of the 21 being unreliable.

If 21's are getting held up going into durham and again on the way out, services will be run short, regulated and passengers will complain.

Obviously you can't have a bus to all destinations or in all directions, just incase there are roadworks in pity me, but by concentrating a core route, down a particular avenue, whilst axing other services, it doesn't take much for delays or regulated services to start taking hold.

This will be true for other services, formed as an amalgimation of other routes such as the 56, x1 etc.

What it will also lead to is the sudden vanishing of open reporting on punctuality and wishy washy gold standard promises.

Ps the shift button is still giving me gyp.

Andreos1
27 Oct 2013, 6:29 pm #40

i have mentioned it before, but how much do the core routes contribute to these problems?

Say there are roadworks in pity me. This will cause chaos to anyone wanting to get a bus on a bus at any point between durham and newcastle.
If there was a reliable alternative (like in the past such as the 21a and 21b) between chester and newcastle, then not only would these services offer relief for passengers, it would also assist with the perception of the 21 being unreliable.

If 21's are getting held up going into durham and again on the way out, services will be run short, regulated and passengers will complain.

Obviously you can't have a bus to all destinations or in all directions, just incase there are roadworks in pity me, but by concentrating a core route, down a particular avenue, whilst axing other services, it doesn't take much for delays or regulated services to start taking hold.

This will be true for other services, formed as an amalgimation of other routes such as the 56, x1 etc.

What it will also lead to is the sudden vanishing of open reporting on punctuality and wishy washy gold standard promises.

Ps the shift button is still giving me gyp.

Pages (3) Previous 1 2 3 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average