Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Nexus Website

Nexus Website

Nexus Website

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Mark1

05 Nov 2013, 7:40 pm #1
Has anyone used the new look Nexus website yet?

Are the videos of all the stands at the bus stations a new thing?

What was wrong with them having just one list of bus services in numerical order rather than the confusing method they use where for example it goes 1,10,100,11.
Also, the Ticket Finder is needlessly time consuming in that all of the boxes are ticked and you have to untick all of the ones that don't apply to you.
Mark1
05 Nov 2013, 7:40 pm #1

Has anyone used the new look Nexus website yet?

What was wrong with them having just one list of bus services in numerical order rather than the confusing method they use where for example it goes 1,10,100,11.
Also, the Ticket Finder is needlessly time consuming in that all of the boxes are ticked and you have to untick all of the ones that don't apply to you.

Adrian

05 Nov 2013, 7:44 pm #2
(05 Nov 2013, 7:40 pm)Mark1 Has anyone used the new look Nexus website yet?

I can't see the videos of stands. Do you have a direct link?

Overall I like the design, but the two things you've mentioned above are poor. Ticket Finder doesn't remember your selections when the results appear too, so if you want to slightly amend, you have to untick all the boxes again.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
05 Nov 2013, 7:44 pm #2

(05 Nov 2013, 7:40 pm)Mark1 Has anyone used the new look Nexus website yet?

I can't see the videos of stands. Do you have a direct link?

Overall I like the design, but the two things you've mentioned above are poor. Ticket Finder doesn't remember your selections when the results appear too, so if you want to slightly amend, you have to untick all the boxes again.

Mark1

05 Nov 2013, 7:54 pm #3
(05 Nov 2013, 7:44 pm)aureolin I can't see the videos of stands. Do you have a direct link?

The below should be for Park Lane. If it doesn't work click on Bus Stations and Stops then In this Section and select bus station, In this section again and select the stands.

http://www.nexus.org.uk/bus/bus-stations...-station-1
Mark1
05 Nov 2013, 7:54 pm #3

(05 Nov 2013, 7:44 pm)aureolin I can't see the videos of stands. Do you have a direct link?

The below should be for Park Lane. If it doesn't work click on Bus Stations and Stops then In this Section and select bus station, In this section again and select the stands.

Michael

05 Nov 2013, 8:00 pm #4
Omfg they have a updated version of the stands in park lane.. only took them months..

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
05 Nov 2013, 8:00 pm #4

Omfg they have a updated version of the stands in park lane.. only took them months..

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Adrian

05 Nov 2013, 8:07 pm #5
(05 Nov 2013, 7:54 pm)Mark1 The below should be for Park Lane. If it doesn't work click on Bus Stations and Stops then In this Section and select bus station, In this section again and select the stands.

What a pointless set of videos. That's a minute of my life I won't get back.

Adrian
05 Nov 2013, 8:07 pm #5

(05 Nov 2013, 7:54 pm)Mark1 The below should be for Park Lane. If it doesn't work click on Bus Stations and Stops then In this Section and select bus station, In this section again and select the stands.

What a pointless set of videos. That's a minute of my life I won't get back.

CatsFast101

Unregistered

05 Nov 2013, 9:03 pm #6
(05 Nov 2013, 8:07 pm)aureolin What a pointless set of videos. That's a minute of my life I won't get back.

Just thought exactly the same! What is the point?
CatsFast101
05 Nov 2013, 9:03 pm #6

(05 Nov 2013, 8:07 pm)aureolin What a pointless set of videos. That's a minute of my life I won't get back.

Just thought exactly the same! What is the point?

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

17 Nov 2013, 11:38 am #7
And here was me thinking it may have been live feeds
MrFozz
17 Nov 2013, 11:38 am #7

And here was me thinking it may have been live feeds

Michael

17 Nov 2013, 11:44 am #8
(17 Nov 2013, 11:38 am)fozzovmurton And here was me thinking it may have been live feeds

That's a good idea, that would be brill.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
17 Nov 2013, 11:44 am #8

(17 Nov 2013, 11:38 am)fozzovmurton And here was me thinking it may have been live feeds

That's a good idea, that would be brill.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

BJ10VUS

17 Nov 2013, 6:16 pm #9
I actually liked the old website design. The new one is horrible and pretty complicated to use!
BJ10VUS
17 Nov 2013, 6:16 pm #9

I actually liked the old website design. The new one is horrible and pretty complicated to use!

Adrian

17 Nov 2013, 9:19 pm #10
(17 Nov 2013, 6:16 pm)BJ10VUS I actually liked the old website design. The new one is horrible and pretty complicated to use!

Agree. From a UX&D perspective it's shit. Far too many clicks to get to where you want to be, and the mobile navigation has things in different places.

Adrian
17 Nov 2013, 9:19 pm #10

(17 Nov 2013, 6:16 pm)BJ10VUS I actually liked the old website design. The new one is horrible and pretty complicated to use!

Agree. From a UX&D perspective it's shit. Far too many clicks to get to where you want to be, and the mobile navigation has things in different places.

Adrian

13 Dec 2013, 11:14 am #11
(13 Dec 2013, 11:07 am)BusFanPrudhoe There are plans for a change in the law so that websites can't pre tick an option. It was on Watchdog on BBC1 a few weeks back. Probably not on I player but clip may be on Youtube.

This is different, as it's a case of the site not remembering your preferences from 5 seconds previously. They have already been user selected.

Adrian
13 Dec 2013, 11:14 am #11

(13 Dec 2013, 11:07 am)BusFanPrudhoe There are plans for a change in the law so that websites can't pre tick an option. It was on Watchdog on BBC1 a few weeks back. Probably not on I player but clip may be on Youtube.

This is different, as it's a case of the site not remembering your preferences from 5 seconds previously. They have already been user selected.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average