Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Bus stop numbers

Bus stop numbers

Bus stop numbers

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average

Pages (9) Previous 1 2 39 Next
Acky81

08 Mar 2014, 1:41 am #21
Has anyone noticed all new bus stop flags start with go north east services is that a sign stagecoach are leaving the north east
Acky81
08 Mar 2014, 1:41 am #21

Has anyone noticed all new bus stop flags start with go north east services is that a sign stagecoach are leaving the north east

Dan

Site Administrator

08 Mar 2014, 6:34 pm #22
(08 Mar 2014, 1:41 am)Acky81 Has anyone noticed all new bus stop flags start with go north east services is that a sign stagecoach are leaving the north east

I doubt it...

On another note, does anyone know why a Nexus temporary bus stop was in use in Ashington today? Being outside of Tyne & Wear, I'm surprised Nexus used one of their temporary bus stops...
Dan
08 Mar 2014, 6:34 pm #22

(08 Mar 2014, 1:41 am)Acky81 Has anyone noticed all new bus stop flags start with go north east services is that a sign stagecoach are leaving the north east

I doubt it...

On another note, does anyone know why a Nexus temporary bus stop was in use in Ashington today? Being outside of Tyne & Wear, I'm surprised Nexus used one of their temporary bus stops...

peter

08 Mar 2014, 6:34 pm #23

I doubt it highly. G (for Go North East) is before S (for Stagecoach North East) in the alphabet so it could possibly be something to do with that.

(Just realised Dan beat me to the obvious reply 'I doubt it')
Edited 08 Mar 2014, 6:35 pm by peter.
peter
08 Mar 2014, 6:34 pm #23

I doubt it highly. G (for Go North East) is before S (for Stagecoach North East) in the alphabet so it could possibly be something to do with that.

(Just realised Dan beat me to the obvious reply 'I doubt it')

tyresmoke

08 Mar 2014, 7:13 pm #24
(08 Mar 2014, 6:34 pm)Dan I doubt it...

I think its more down to the roadworks companies taking hold of the replacement stops and putting them out. We've had ones with First logos being used on Teesside before.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
08 Mar 2014, 7:13 pm #24

(08 Mar 2014, 6:34 pm)Dan I doubt it...

I think its more down to the roadworks companies taking hold of the replacement stops and putting them out. We've had ones with First logos being used on Teesside before.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

20 Mar 2014, 9:43 am #25
talking of mistakes on bus stops yesterday after I was in Ingeus, I was stood waiting for a bus on Athanaeum Street in Sunderland the top bus stop(39/42) has a sticker on it for the 29, but it's timetable is displayed on the stop a few yards down where the 5/18 go from Confused
MrFozz
20 Mar 2014, 9:43 am #25

talking of mistakes on bus stops yesterday after I was in Ingeus, I was stood waiting for a bus on Athanaeum Street in Sunderland the top bus stop(39/42) has a sticker on it for the 29, but it's timetable is displayed on the stop a few yards down where the 5/18 go from Confused

Acky81

20 Mar 2014, 10:20 am #26
(20 Mar 2014, 9:43 am)marxistafozzski talking of mistakes on bus stops yesterday after I was in Ingeus, I was stood waiting for a bus on Athanaeum Street in Sunderland the top bus stop(39/42) has a sticker on it for the 29, but it's timetable is displayed on the stop a few yards down where the 5/18 go from Confused

Nexus haven't got a clue in sunderland
Acky81
20 Mar 2014, 10:20 am #26

(20 Mar 2014, 9:43 am)marxistafozzski talking of mistakes on bus stops yesterday after I was in Ingeus, I was stood waiting for a bus on Athanaeum Street in Sunderland the top bus stop(39/42) has a sticker on it for the 29, but it's timetable is displayed on the stop a few yards down where the 5/18 go from Confused

Nexus haven't got a clue in sunderland

Andreos1

20 Mar 2014, 9:02 pm #27
(20 Mar 2014, 7:05 pm)ADLEnviro Totally agree there, I would have also put and don't give a toss on the end though.

I feel sorry for people that read the wrong information that nexus display.............an example below is for the bus stop at Gilley Law turning circle where one stop is used for both directions. Looking at this timetable the 5 and 5A only operate between Gilley Law and Sunderland but the truth is Monday to Saturday day time it operates to Doxford Park. The timetable that is displayed runs to the Docks and what makes this even worse is the section between Sunderland and the Docks that is not shown is the part that Nexus secure.

Gilley Law Bus Stop Timetable

Using the same service for another example. The timetable is a mess for the 5A as nexus think Monday to Saturday it operates Thorney Close, North Moor, Moorside, Doxford Park, Farrringdon then Gilley Law. On a sunday they think it terminates at North Moor and runs empty to Gilly Law for its next trip.

Nexus Service 5/5A timetable

Just a reminder this is the organisation that (think they) can do a better job at running bus services.

Just playing devils advocate, but is it Nexus who are consistently making mistakes with timetables or are there issues with the information they're being provided?

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
20 Mar 2014, 9:02 pm #27

(20 Mar 2014, 7:05 pm)ADLEnviro Totally agree there, I would have also put and don't give a toss on the end though.

I feel sorry for people that read the wrong information that nexus display.............an example below is for the bus stop at Gilley Law turning circle where one stop is used for both directions. Looking at this timetable the 5 and 5A only operate between Gilley Law and Sunderland but the truth is Monday to Saturday day time it operates to Doxford Park. The timetable that is displayed runs to the Docks and what makes this even worse is the section between Sunderland and the Docks that is not shown is the part that Nexus secure.

Using the same service for another example. The timetable is a mess for the 5A as nexus think Monday to Saturday it operates Thorney Close, North Moor, Moorside, Doxford Park, Farrringdon then Gilley Law. On a sunday they think it terminates at North Moor and runs empty to Gilly Law for its next trip.

Just a reminder this is the organisation that (think they) can do a better job at running bus services.

Just playing devils advocate, but is it Nexus who are consistently making mistakes with timetables or are there issues with the information they're being provided?

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Adrian

20 Mar 2014, 9:22 pm #28

I don't think that's the case at all. There's no benefit to Nexus by putting out inaccurate information. I'd imagine the information that they do get is accurate though, as wouldn't that be the same information that goes to VOSA? Mistakes are more than likely down to public sector workers being asked to do more than is physically possible in the day, due to politically driven spending reductions.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
20 Mar 2014, 9:22 pm #28

I don't think that's the case at all. There's no benefit to Nexus by putting out inaccurate information. I'd imagine the information that they do get is accurate though, as wouldn't that be the same information that goes to VOSA? Mistakes are more than likely down to public sector workers being asked to do more than is physically possible in the day, due to politically driven spending reductions.

MurdnunoC

20 Mar 2014, 10:13 pm #29
I have to admit, having recently been to a few areas where other PTEs operate, Nexus do seem to be a bit lacking in certain areas. For example, MerseyTravel, West Yorkshire Metro & GMPTE all have regulation style timetables for most local services operating in their areas whereas, in Tyne and Wear, there seems to be a lack of co-ordination resulting in each operator producing their own timetables with limited access. When I was Manchester, all the bus stops I waited at were all adorned with a GMPTE flag listing service numbers with an up-to-date timetable attached to the stop. This used to be the case in Tyne & Wear but poor upkeep meant that many stops displayed incorrect information.

I'm not saying that all of this is solely down to Nexus as there are probably a whole host of internal problems between the organisation and the bus companies involved. However, after visiting other areas, and I'm the first to admit that it may well be a case of 'the grass is always greener', it does make you wonder about the efficacy of Nexus.
MurdnunoC
20 Mar 2014, 10:13 pm #29

I have to admit, having recently been to a few areas where other PTEs operate, Nexus do seem to be a bit lacking in certain areas. For example, MerseyTravel, West Yorkshire Metro & GMPTE all have regulation style timetables for most local services operating in their areas whereas, in Tyne and Wear, there seems to be a lack of co-ordination resulting in each operator producing their own timetables with limited access. When I was Manchester, all the bus stops I waited at were all adorned with a GMPTE flag listing service numbers with an up-to-date timetable attached to the stop. This used to be the case in Tyne & Wear but poor upkeep meant that many stops displayed incorrect information.

I'm not saying that all of this is solely down to Nexus as there are probably a whole host of internal problems between the organisation and the bus companies involved. However, after visiting other areas, and I'm the first to admit that it may well be a case of 'the grass is always greener', it does make you wonder about the efficacy of Nexus.

Adrian

20 Mar 2014, 10:21 pm #30
(20 Mar 2014, 10:06 pm)ADLEnviro Don't give a toss means they not bothered about the information being incorrect, not that they are trying to benefit from it. The mistakes have been pointed out on at least two occasions that I know of and even though updates have been made twice they have not corrected the information.

Nexus have quite a few members of staff that work in this department, I know a handful personally and they are not run of there feet. Spending reductions???? Is this the massive advertising campaign currently running about fitting wifi to more buses, more buses could have been fitted if spending reductions had been forced upon the advertising campaign. Or is this the soon to be mail out to every household within 400 yards of the 19 key bus routes in Tyne and Wear with all the journey information they will ever need, hope they direct them to the correct information.

Why would they not be bothered though? If I worked in that dept and someone pointed a mistake out to me, I'd want to personally change it? I cant see why the organisation I work for would prevent me doing that?

They've been given a grant of which I assume marketing would be budgeted within? Isn't it a 'better bus by area' fund? It'd be a pretty pointless grant if no one knows about it.

Spending reductions as in austerity measures. Every publicly funded body is going through a spending reduction programme. It wasn't that long ago that Nexus made 1 in every 10 posts redundant.

Adrian
20 Mar 2014, 10:21 pm #30

(20 Mar 2014, 10:06 pm)ADLEnviro Don't give a toss means they not bothered about the information being incorrect, not that they are trying to benefit from it. The mistakes have been pointed out on at least two occasions that I know of and even though updates have been made twice they have not corrected the information.

Nexus have quite a few members of staff that work in this department, I know a handful personally and they are not run of there feet. Spending reductions???? Is this the massive advertising campaign currently running about fitting wifi to more buses, more buses could have been fitted if spending reductions had been forced upon the advertising campaign. Or is this the soon to be mail out to every household within 400 yards of the 19 key bus routes in Tyne and Wear with all the journey information they will ever need, hope they direct them to the correct information.

Why would they not be bothered though? If I worked in that dept and someone pointed a mistake out to me, I'd want to personally change it? I cant see why the organisation I work for would prevent me doing that?

They've been given a grant of which I assume marketing would be budgeted within? Isn't it a 'better bus by area' fund? It'd be a pretty pointless grant if no one knows about it.

Spending reductions as in austerity measures. Every publicly funded body is going through a spending reduction programme. It wasn't that long ago that Nexus made 1 in every 10 posts redundant.

Acky81

21 Mar 2014, 1:00 am #31

Terrible
Acky81
21 Mar 2014, 1:00 am #31

Terrible

24 Mar 2014, 6:18 pm #32
Despite it being a wholly secured service, Nsxus still have the 6 on market street east in newcastle city centre. It has terminated in pilgrim street for several weeks now.
JakeSavage
24 Mar 2014, 6:18 pm #32

Despite it being a wholly secured service, Nsxus still have the 6 on market street east in newcastle city centre. It has terminated in pilgrim street for several weeks now.

Acky81

25 Mar 2014, 4:36 pm #33
Any more howlers at the bus stops
Acky81
25 Mar 2014, 4:36 pm #33

Any more howlers at the bus stops

Dan

Site Administrator

20 Apr 2014, 6:30 am #34
Has anyone seen the revised timetable format at stops? Very much like the one suggested for QCS without the ticket prices. Does contain brand names for GNE services which is good though.

Do think the old format was better. Not as smart/official though. Easier to read by far.
Dan
20 Apr 2014, 6:30 am #34

Has anyone seen the revised timetable format at stops? Very much like the one suggested for QCS without the ticket prices. Does contain brand names for GNE services which is good though.

Do think the old format was better. Not as smart/official though. Easier to read by far.

Michael

20 Apr 2014, 9:04 am #35
(20 Apr 2014, 6:30 am)Dan Has anyone seen the revised timetable format at stops? Very much like the one suggested for QCS without the ticket prices. Does contain brand names for GNE services which is good though.

Havent seen them yet, ill keep a look out for them

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
20 Apr 2014, 9:04 am #35

(20 Apr 2014, 6:30 am)Dan Has anyone seen the revised timetable format at stops? Very much like the one suggested for QCS without the ticket prices. Does contain brand names for GNE services which is good though.

Havent seen them yet, ill keep a look out for them

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

20 Apr 2014, 9:07 am #36
(20 Apr 2014, 9:04 am)Michael Havent seen them yet, ill keep a look out for them

Do you still use the 56 to get to college or whatever it is? Think you did before, at least..?

If you do, you'll see an example of it at Nissan. Just make sure you sit on the bottom deck.
Dan
20 Apr 2014, 9:07 am #36

(20 Apr 2014, 9:04 am)Michael Havent seen them yet, ill keep a look out for them

Do you still use the 56 to get to college or whatever it is? Think you did before, at least..?

If you do, you'll see an example of it at Nissan. Just make sure you sit on the bottom deck.

Michael

20 Apr 2014, 9:25 am #37
(20 Apr 2014, 9:07 am)Dan Do you still use the 56 to get to college or whatever it is? Think you did before, at least..?

I do but i wont be using it till Tuesday for going past Nissan but im popping to the town later so may have a look at the timetable there.

Is it orange for the 56 with its logo?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
20 Apr 2014, 9:25 am #37

(20 Apr 2014, 9:07 am)Dan Do you still use the 56 to get to college or whatever it is? Think you did before, at least..?

I do but i wont be using it till Tuesday for going past Nissan but im popping to the town later so may have a look at the timetable there.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

20 Apr 2014, 9:28 am #38
(20 Apr 2014, 9:25 am)Michael I do but i wont be using it till Tuesday for going past Nissan but im popping to the town later so may have a look at the timetable there.

It's in the red/black format. It just says in text "Fab Fifty Six".. I think.

Not sure if you'll be able to or not, but on the Nexus website if you navigate your way to Nissan, the online version may have been updated. I'll try and check but the signal isn't at its best heading to Kirkby Stephen.
Dan
20 Apr 2014, 9:28 am #38

(20 Apr 2014, 9:25 am)Michael I do but i wont be using it till Tuesday for going past Nissan but im popping to the town later so may have a look at the timetable there.

It's in the red/black format. It just says in text "Fab Fifty Six".. I think.

Not sure if you'll be able to or not, but on the Nexus website if you navigate your way to Nissan, the online version may have been updated. I'll try and check but the signal isn't at its best heading to Kirkby Stephen.

Michael

20 Apr 2014, 9:33 am #39
(20 Apr 2014, 9:28 am)Dan It's in the red/black format. It just says in text "Fab Fifty Six".. I think.

Sounds good

I'll take a look, lets hope they decide to do it with every timetable soon, would of being nice to have the prices on to.

Edit: Nothing updated yet on the NEXUS site, i was gonna pop to my nanas but i remember i have college work to do... =(

and the shops are closed today!
Edited 20 Apr 2014, 9:36 am by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
20 Apr 2014, 9:33 am #39

(20 Apr 2014, 9:28 am)Dan It's in the red/black format. It just says in text "Fab Fifty Six".. I think.

Sounds good

I'll take a look, lets hope they decide to do it with every timetable soon, would of being nice to have the prices on to.

Edit: Nothing updated yet on the NEXUS site, i was gonna pop to my nanas but i remember i have college work to do... =(

and the shops are closed today!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

BJ10VUS

20 Apr 2014, 12:49 pm #40
Found one of the new timetables... here's Washington Road. It's simpler to understand, which is good, but I'm not a fan of the design myself.

http://liners.nexus.org.uk/23147.pdf
BJ10VUS
20 Apr 2014, 12:49 pm #40

Found one of the new timetables... here's Washington Road. It's simpler to understand, which is good, but I'm not a fan of the design myself.

http://liners.nexus.org.uk/23147.pdf

Pages (9) Previous 1 2 39 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average