Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Bus stop numbers

Bus stop numbers

Bus stop numbers

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average

Pages (9) Previous 16 7 8 9 Next
Michael

28 Jan 2015, 10:38 am #121
It seems NEXUS still haven't updated bus stop timetables, seen a few people complain on the GNE Facebook page!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
28 Jan 2015, 10:38 am #121

It seems NEXUS still haven't updated bus stop timetables, seen a few people complain on the GNE Facebook page!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

28 Jan 2015, 9:12 pm #122
(28 Jan 2015, 10:38 am)Michael It seems NEXUS still haven't updated bus stop timetables, seen a few people complain on the GNE Facebook page!

Can confirm this (at least for the bus stops in Monkwearmouth). It's highly irritating, as a lot of customers are completely clueless, and it's out of GNE's control...
Dan
28 Jan 2015, 9:12 pm #122

(28 Jan 2015, 10:38 am)Michael It seems NEXUS still haven't updated bus stop timetables, seen a few people complain on the GNE Facebook page!

Can confirm this (at least for the bus stops in Monkwearmouth). It's highly irritating, as a lot of customers are completely clueless, and it's out of GNE's control...

Dan

Site Administrator

02 Feb 2015, 8:16 am #123

(28 Jan 2015, 9:12 pm)Dan Can confirm this (at least for the bus stops in Monkwearmouth). It's highly irritating, as a lot of customers are completely clueless, and it's out of GNE's control...

http://liners.nexus.org.uk/24030.pdf

Still patiently waiting for the timetables to be updated... Updating the online ones would be better than updating neither...
Dan
02 Feb 2015, 8:16 am #123

(28 Jan 2015, 9:12 pm)Dan Can confirm this (at least for the bus stops in Monkwearmouth). It's highly irritating, as a lot of customers are completely clueless, and it's out of GNE's control...

Still patiently waiting for the timetables to be updated... Updating the online ones would be better than updating neither...

02 Feb 2015, 9:22 am #124
(02 Feb 2015, 8:16 am)Dan http://liners.nexus.org.uk/24030.pdf

Haha, Arriva customer services have seem to have appeared on there! I'm sure there's a bus stop in Roker that says its maintained by Arriva...
omnicity4659
02 Feb 2015, 9:22 am #124

(02 Feb 2015, 8:16 am)Dan http://liners.nexus.org.uk/24030.pdf

Haha, Arriva customer services have seem to have appeared on there! I'm sure there's a bus stop in Roker that says its maintained by Arriva...

Dan

Site Administrator

04 Feb 2015, 5:58 pm #125
You'd think a major employment centre would have updated bus stop timetables, wouldn't you? Ludicrous.
Dan
04 Feb 2015, 5:58 pm #125

You'd think a major employment centre would have updated bus stop timetables, wouldn't you? Ludicrous.

04 Feb 2015, 5:59 pm #126
(04 Feb 2015, 5:58 pm)Dan You'd think a major employment centre would have updated bus stop timetables, wouldn't you? Ludicrous.

Bit of a poor comparison I know, but I agree with how bad it is to lay things like this off following a change - it's like reducing the price by 50p in a store and after 3 months it still has the old price displayed...Undecided
R852 PRG
04 Feb 2015, 5:59 pm #126

(04 Feb 2015, 5:58 pm)Dan You'd think a major employment centre would have updated bus stop timetables, wouldn't you? Ludicrous.

Bit of a poor comparison I know, but I agree with how bad it is to lay things like this off following a change - it's like reducing the price by 50p in a store and after 3 months it still has the old price displayed...Undecided

Dan

Site Administrator

04 Feb 2015, 6:03 pm #127
(04 Feb 2015, 5:59 pm)MarcTheA4 Bit of a poor comparison I know, but I agree with how bad it is to lay things like this off following a change - it's like reducing the price by 50p in a store and after 3 months it still has the old price displayed...Undecided
It's not a poor example at all. The issue is that the product has completely changed though. I'd consider Rainton Bridge to be quite a major peak time pick up/drop off location - the fact Nexus hasn't updated the timetables at the Rainton Bridge bus stops is nothing less than completely ludicrous.
Dan
04 Feb 2015, 6:03 pm #127

(04 Feb 2015, 5:59 pm)MarcTheA4 Bit of a poor comparison I know, but I agree with how bad it is to lay things like this off following a change - it's like reducing the price by 50p in a store and after 3 months it still has the old price displayed...Undecided
It's not a poor example at all. The issue is that the product has completely changed though. I'd consider Rainton Bridge to be quite a major peak time pick up/drop off location - the fact Nexus hasn't updated the timetables at the Rainton Bridge bus stops is nothing less than completely ludicrous.

Andreos1

04 Feb 2015, 6:39 pm #128
http://www.sell2wales.gov.uk/search/show...=APR029759

Details of the contract put out last year for Nexus work.

Saw a Queensbury Shelters van on the A690 changing liners the other day.
Caused quite a bit of chaos at the eastbound stop between Stoneygate and the A19 - bearing in mind the cones which are currently standing on the roadside/grass verge. He gave up trying to park the van on the verge and force the cones out of the way with his front bumper.

If Queensbury can't keep up with the rate of changes as a result of the constant bus operator amendments, then they are potentially in breach of contract. Are Nexus aware of this?
If it isn't their fault, and Nexus aren't providing the liners - then it could be either Nexus fault or whoever organises the printing/distributing of the liners to Queensbury.

Quite a few bodies involved in the process, for anyone to assume it is the fault of one organisation - it seems quite short sighted.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
04 Feb 2015, 6:39 pm #128

http://www.sell2wales.gov.uk/search/show...=APR029759

Caused quite a bit of chaos at the eastbound stop between Stoneygate and the A19 - bearing in mind the cones which are currently standing on the roadside/grass verge. He gave up trying to park the van on the verge and force the cones out of the way with his front bumper.

If Queensbury can't keep up with the rate of changes as a result of the constant bus operator amendments, then they are potentially in breach of contract. Are Nexus aware of this?
If it isn't their fault, and Nexus aren't providing the liners - then it could be either Nexus fault or whoever organises the printing/distributing of the liners to Queensbury.

Quite a few bodies involved in the process, for anyone to assume it is the fault of one organisation - it seems quite short sighted.

Dan

Site Administrator

04 Feb 2015, 7:18 pm #129
(04 Feb 2015, 6:39 pm)Andreos1 http://www.sell2wales.gov.uk/search/show...=APR029759

Can't keep up with the rate of changes? Sorry, this is totally absurd. If Durham County Council and Northumberland Council (or any associated external contractors) can keep up with the rate of service changes, then quite frankly this should be the same across the board. Nexus may not be aware of this because it isn't Nexus who usually gets the stick for bus stop timetables being out of date - it's the operators! If the operators don't bring it up with the appropriate body, who knows when the timetables will be updated...

Nexus receives advance notice of any service changes commencing eight weeks in advance. For the online copies of the liners to be out of date nine days after service changes have become operational is out of order. Whether an external company also designs these or whether it's done in-house: eight weeks should be more than enough time for the liners to be produced and be published online. I hadn't actually realised that there was changes to the times of the old 35 service (now 20) on Newcastle Road - I'd wrongly assumed buses were running early! This is because I don't tend to use the timetables operators issue as they tend not to list my individual stop. I like to know the exact time a bus is due to arrive and how long it will take to get to my destination, which is why I use the liners on Nexus' website. The mobile applications some operators have designed are a little less vague in their timetables; however, a large number of customers won't be able to use such applications.
Dan
04 Feb 2015, 7:18 pm #129

(04 Feb 2015, 6:39 pm)Andreos1 http://www.sell2wales.gov.uk/search/show...=APR029759

Can't keep up with the rate of changes? Sorry, this is totally absurd. If Durham County Council and Northumberland Council (or any associated external contractors) can keep up with the rate of service changes, then quite frankly this should be the same across the board. Nexus may not be aware of this because it isn't Nexus who usually gets the stick for bus stop timetables being out of date - it's the operators! If the operators don't bring it up with the appropriate body, who knows when the timetables will be updated...

Nexus receives advance notice of any service changes commencing eight weeks in advance. For the online copies of the liners to be out of date nine days after service changes have become operational is out of order. Whether an external company also designs these or whether it's done in-house: eight weeks should be more than enough time for the liners to be produced and be published online. I hadn't actually realised that there was changes to the times of the old 35 service (now 20) on Newcastle Road - I'd wrongly assumed buses were running early! This is because I don't tend to use the timetables operators issue as they tend not to list my individual stop. I like to know the exact time a bus is due to arrive and how long it will take to get to my destination, which is why I use the liners on Nexus' website. The mobile applications some operators have designed are a little less vague in their timetables; however, a large number of customers won't be able to use such applications.

04 Feb 2015, 8:07 pm #130
Are the liners on the nexus website up to date? That would give an indication as to where the delay would lie.

Nine days post-change is very poor though.
JakeSavage
04 Feb 2015, 8:07 pm #130

Are the liners on the nexus website up to date? That would give an indication as to where the delay would lie.

Dan

Site Administrator

04 Feb 2015, 8:19 pm #131
(04 Feb 2015, 8:07 pm)JakeSavage Are the liners on the nexus website up to date? That would give an indication as to where the delay would lie.

No, they aren't. I wouldn't be complaining half as much if they were up-to-date, as I personally wouldn't be affected then! Tongue 
Dan
04 Feb 2015, 8:19 pm #131

(04 Feb 2015, 8:07 pm)JakeSavage Are the liners on the nexus website up to date? That would give an indication as to where the delay would lie.

No, they aren't. I wouldn't be complaining half as much if they were up-to-date, as I personally wouldn't be affected then! Tongue 

Andreos1

04 Feb 2015, 8:22 pm #132

Do Nexus maintain their website or is that subbied out too?

No idea if the operators update theirs or subby their updates out, but with the errors/old info on there...

Andreos1
04 Feb 2015, 8:22 pm #132

Do Nexus maintain their website or is that subbied out too?

No idea if the operators update theirs or subby their updates out, but with the errors/old info on there...

05 Feb 2015, 9:41 am #133
Nexus update their own website, and compile the bus stop info.

Contractors only place it in the bus stop.

Perhaps they've had a software problem?
JakeSavage
05 Feb 2015, 9:41 am #133

Nexus update their own website, and compile the bus stop info.

Andreos1

05 Feb 2015, 5:45 pm #134
(05 Feb 2015, 9:41 am)JakeSavage Nexus update their own website, and compile the bus stop info.

Exactly, it could be that or it could one of several reasons. It could be the fault of one of the many organisations involved in the chain.

I was wondering what commitment Queensbury have made to the Nexus contract.
If Queensbury haven't a vast number of staff allocated, based on their contract bid/value, then with the constant operator changes, the staff may not be able to cope.

There could be software issues with Nexus, there could be problems at the printers, difficulty with the printers, a breakdown in communication...

For people to apportion blame on one organisation out of the several involved - without knowing what has gone on behind the scenes, seems ludicrous.

Maybe someone needs to lodge a complaint to Queensbury or Nexus and see what comes back.

At least the operator websites are all up to date... Wink

Andreos1
05 Feb 2015, 5:45 pm #134

(05 Feb 2015, 9:41 am)JakeSavage Nexus update their own website, and compile the bus stop info.

Exactly, it could be that or it could one of several reasons. It could be the fault of one of the many organisations involved in the chain.

If Queensbury haven't a vast number of staff allocated, based on their contract bid/value, then with the constant operator changes, the staff may not be able to cope.

There could be software issues with Nexus, there could be problems at the printers, difficulty with the printers, a breakdown in communication...

For people to apportion blame on one organisation out of the several involved - without knowing what has gone on behind the scenes, seems ludicrous.

Maybe someone needs to lodge a complaint to Queensbury or Nexus and see what comes back.

Dan

Site Administrator

05 Feb 2015, 5:56 pm #135
(05 Feb 2015, 5:45 pm)Andreos1 Exactly, it could be that or it could one of several reasons. It could be the fault of one of the many organisations involved in the chain.

I really don't think anyone cares which body is to blame and I'm highly doubtful that anyone is wishing to blame one organisation. Having looked over recent posts, I certainly cannot find an instance of this...

If a bus operator only had eight buses to cover a PVR of nine on a Nexus contract, they wouldn't be awarded with the contract. Surely the same will apply to other contracts, such as the discussed maintenance of bus stops contract? If Queensbury didn't have enough staff to keep up with the rate of service changes, then quite frankly, they should not have bid for the work. These changes aren't "constant" - between all three big operators, service changes probably occur once every one or two months. Nexus receives details of all of these changes eight weeks in advance to update things at their end, and to provide external contractors with information and/or documents so that they can update things in time for service changes, too. The point which seems to be getting ignored is that other organisations can update their bus stop timetables fine, despite the rate of service changes being similar (if not the same) in some of those areas.

It certainly isn't the first time members of this forum have made accusations and comments without knowing what has gone on behind the scenes, and it won't be the last. Quite frankly, if members of this forum do not have access to information, then they can only be expected to learn from what has been stated by other members of the forum who have knowledge of what goes on behind the scenes. Whether that happens or not is a completely separate issue!

I've made my views clear on out of date content on the bus operators' websites. The difference is that all of the times on the bus operators' websites are presently correct. This cannot be said for Nexus' website: whilst their timetables are up-to-date, the liners available on the website (which some customers use as timetables) are not.

You'll all be glad to hear that, after I consulted the timetable on Go North East's website, I realised that the new 20/20A service arrives bang on time rather than a few minutes early...
Dan
05 Feb 2015, 5:56 pm #135

(05 Feb 2015, 5:45 pm)Andreos1 Exactly, it could be that or it could one of several reasons. It could be the fault of one of the many organisations involved in the chain.

I really don't think anyone cares which body is to blame and I'm highly doubtful that anyone is wishing to blame one organisation. Having looked over recent posts, I certainly cannot find an instance of this...

If a bus operator only had eight buses to cover a PVR of nine on a Nexus contract, they wouldn't be awarded with the contract. Surely the same will apply to other contracts, such as the discussed maintenance of bus stops contract? If Queensbury didn't have enough staff to keep up with the rate of service changes, then quite frankly, they should not have bid for the work. These changes aren't "constant" - between all three big operators, service changes probably occur once every one or two months. Nexus receives details of all of these changes eight weeks in advance to update things at their end, and to provide external contractors with information and/or documents so that they can update things in time for service changes, too. The point which seems to be getting ignored is that other organisations can update their bus stop timetables fine, despite the rate of service changes being similar (if not the same) in some of those areas.

It certainly isn't the first time members of this forum have made accusations and comments without knowing what has gone on behind the scenes, and it won't be the last. Quite frankly, if members of this forum do not have access to information, then they can only be expected to learn from what has been stated by other members of the forum who have knowledge of what goes on behind the scenes. Whether that happens or not is a completely separate issue!

I've made my views clear on out of date content on the bus operators' websites. The difference is that all of the times on the bus operators' websites are presently correct. This cannot be said for Nexus' website: whilst their timetables are up-to-date, the liners available on the website (which some customers use as timetables) are not.

You'll all be glad to hear that, after I consulted the timetable on Go North East's website, I realised that the new 20/20A service arrives bang on time rather than a few minutes early...

Dan

Site Administrator

12 Feb 2015, 5:20 pm #136
Delighted to see that the liners for Newcastle Road have been updated (on the website):
Was hoping they'd have had the 20, 20A and X20 on one column and the 9 and E2 on the other, but beggars can't be choosers.

Haven't been to the bus stop today as I got the Metro to and from school, but I will have a look tomorrow to see if the printed versions have been pinned up too. Only taken them 18 days following the changes! Smile
Dan
12 Feb 2015, 5:20 pm #136

Delighted to see that the liners for Newcastle Road have been updated (on the website):
Was hoping they'd have had the 20, 20A and X20 on one column and the 9 and E2 on the other, but beggars can't be choosers.

Haven't been to the bus stop today as I got the Metro to and from school, but I will have a look tomorrow to see if the printed versions have been pinned up too. Only taken them 18 days following the changes! Smile

13 Feb 2015, 5:10 am #137
The main Saturday headway on service 9 looks a tad funky.
JakeSavage
13 Feb 2015, 5:10 am #137

The main Saturday headway on service 9 looks a tad funky.

Dan

Site Administrator

13 Feb 2015, 7:53 am #138
(12 Feb 2015, 5:20 pm)Dan Delighted to see that the liners for Newcastle Road have been updated (on the website):

Well done, Nexus and associated contractors. We've got up to date timetables on Newcastle Rd - at least we will have fewer questions about where the 35 is these days from now on...
Dan
13 Feb 2015, 7:53 am #138

(12 Feb 2015, 5:20 pm)Dan Delighted to see that the liners for Newcastle Road have been updated (on the website):

Well done, Nexus and associated contractors. We've got up to date timetables on Newcastle Rd - at least we will have fewer questions about where the 35 is these days from now on...

26 Feb 2015, 12:16 pm #139
Rather troublingly, the bus stop numbers on the 'plates' at Harton Nook are still yet to be updated. (Liners have though)

I'd reckon that's one of the busier stops on the new 20/20a route.
JakeSavage
26 Feb 2015, 12:16 pm #139

Rather troublingly, the bus stop numbers on the 'plates' at Harton Nook are still yet to be updated. (Liners have though)

Dan

Site Administrator

26 Feb 2015, 12:33 pm #140
(26 Feb 2015, 12:16 pm)JakeSavage Rather troublingly, the bus stop numbers on the 'plates' at Harton Nook are still yet to be updated. (Liners have though)

Yeah, I wouldn't expect them to be updated until the flag has to be replaced itself... All of the councils / local authorities are poor for this - I think there's at least one in Hartlepool which has the Pygalls Coaches 230 service down.
Dan
26 Feb 2015, 12:33 pm #140

(26 Feb 2015, 12:16 pm)JakeSavage Rather troublingly, the bus stop numbers on the 'plates' at Harton Nook are still yet to be updated. (Liners have though)

Yeah, I wouldn't expect them to be updated until the flag has to be replaced itself... All of the councils / local authorities are poor for this - I think there's at least one in Hartlepool which has the Pygalls Coaches 230 service down.

Pages (9) Previous 16 7 8 9 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average