Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Customer Service thread

Customer Service thread

Customer Service thread

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (13): Previous 1 2 3 413 Next
Adrian

13 Jul 2014, 9:24 pm #41
(13 Jul 2014, 9:19 pm)Michael Thats not good, someone will be getting told off

You'd hope so. They haven't taken any details at all and have just made an assumption that the customer is in the wrong. Even if they are - you don't tell them like that!

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
13 Jul 2014, 9:24 pm #41

(13 Jul 2014, 9:19 pm)Michael Thats not good, someone will be getting told off

You'd hope so. They haven't taken any details at all and have just made an assumption that the customer is in the wrong. Even if they are - you don't tell them like that!

Tom

13 Jul 2014, 9:27 pm #42
(13 Jul 2014, 9:24 pm)aureolin You'd hope so. They haven't taken any details at all and have just made an assumption that the customer is in the wrong. Even if they are - you don't tell them like that!

Very rare for them to reply like that! They are normally very helpful and willing to investigate further!
Tom
13 Jul 2014, 9:27 pm #42

(13 Jul 2014, 9:24 pm)aureolin You'd hope so. They haven't taken any details at all and have just made an assumption that the customer is in the wrong. Even if they are - you don't tell them like that!

Very rare for them to reply like that! They are normally very helpful and willing to investigate further!

Adrian

13 Jul 2014, 9:29 pm #43
(13 Jul 2014, 9:27 pm)Tom Very rare for them to reply like that! They are normally very helpful and willing to investigate further!

Yeah I'd agree with that.

Adrian
13 Jul 2014, 9:29 pm #43

(13 Jul 2014, 9:27 pm)Tom Very rare for them to reply like that! They are normally very helpful and willing to investigate further!

Yeah I'd agree with that.

idiot

14 Jul 2014, 8:18 am #44
What post has been deleted? Anyone see it?
idiot
14 Jul 2014, 8:18 am #44

What post has been deleted? Anyone see it?

cbma06

14 Jul 2014, 9:01 am #45
GNE quote "You are responsible for making sure you allow plenty of time to get to your destination or to places where you are picking up connections to continue your journey"

I don't know if its just me but I don't see anything rude about that post. Its up to the passenger to make sure that their get to their destination in plenty of time (work etc...) if their cant get to their destination in time even though the bus service is late (even if its the first bus of the day) then their should make over arrangements.

All bus connections are not guaranteed.

I remember years ago that the first 537 from Sunderland used to always arrive late as the driver did a shuttle between Deptford and interchange and back to Deptford first, as when the driver heads back to Deptford the 537 should of left Sunderland Interchange, the depot used to have the bus up and ready for the driver to go straight out, the 537 used to be 10 minutes late but always made up the time during the journey.

Roll on QCS.
Edited 14 Jul 2014, 9:03 am by cbma06.

cbma06
14 Jul 2014, 9:01 am #45

GNE quote "You are responsible for making sure you allow plenty of time to get to your destination or to places where you are picking up connections to continue your journey"

I don't know if its just me but I don't see anything rude about that post. Its up to the passenger to make sure that their get to their destination in plenty of time (work etc...) if their cant get to their destination in time even though the bus service is late (even if its the first bus of the day) then their should make over arrangements.

I remember years ago that the first 537 from Sunderland used to always arrive late as the driver did a shuttle between Deptford and interchange and back to Deptford first, as when the driver heads back to Deptford the 537 should of left Sunderland Interchange, the depot used to have the bus up and ready for the driver to go straight out, the 537 used to be 10 minutes late but always made up the time during the journey.

Roll on QCS.

MurdnunoC

14 Jul 2014, 9:44 am #46
(14 Jul 2014, 9:01 am)cbma06 GNE quote "You are responsible for making sure you allow plenty of time to get to your destination or to places where you are picking up connections to continue your journey"

Roll on QCS.

There is an element of truth to the comment posted by the GNE customer services representative. Ideally, people should take more responsibility in ensuring that plenty of time is allowed for travelling to destinations especially where connecting services are used. To me, that's common sense.

The problem with that particular reply, in my view, was that no additional information was ascertained in relation to the problem. From what I can gather, the customer was waiting for the first 56 of the day which arrived 5 minutes late. This subsequently made the customer miss her connection. Because it was the first bus of the day - it's hardly fair to ask the customer to go for an earlier bus. Because no attempt was made to discover where the customer was travelling, no additional advice could be offered on alternative travelling arrangements.

Also, if the first bus of the day is always 5 minutes late - then it's up to the bus operator to sort out the issue. It is not the customer's fault and no driver should be put under pressure to 'make up time' in an attempt to resolve the issue.
MurdnunoC
14 Jul 2014, 9:44 am #46

(14 Jul 2014, 9:01 am)cbma06 GNE quote "You are responsible for making sure you allow plenty of time to get to your destination or to places where you are picking up connections to continue your journey"

Roll on QCS.

There is an element of truth to the comment posted by the GNE customer services representative. Ideally, people should take more responsibility in ensuring that plenty of time is allowed for travelling to destinations especially where connecting services are used. To me, that's common sense.

The problem with that particular reply, in my view, was that no additional information was ascertained in relation to the problem. From what I can gather, the customer was waiting for the first 56 of the day which arrived 5 minutes late. This subsequently made the customer miss her connection. Because it was the first bus of the day - it's hardly fair to ask the customer to go for an earlier bus. Because no attempt was made to discover where the customer was travelling, no additional advice could be offered on alternative travelling arrangements.

Also, if the first bus of the day is always 5 minutes late - then it's up to the bus operator to sort out the issue. It is not the customer's fault and no driver should be put under pressure to 'make up time' in an attempt to resolve the issue.

Dan

Site Administrator

14 Jul 2014, 9:47 am #47
(14 Jul 2014, 9:44 am)AdamY There is an element of truth to the comment posted by the GNE customer services representative. Ideally, people should take more responsibility in ensuring that plenty of time is allowed for travelling to destinations especially where connecting services are used. To me, that's common sense.

Regularly the same driver who does that run - at least from my experience anyway.

Not sure why he's consistently late out of the depot, but he must set off from the depot when he's actually due to leave Park Lane. It's nothing to do with the timings being tight or whatever because he is even scheduled to have layover in Park Lane prior to working service 56 - so it's down to the driver giving himself an extra little bit of time in the depot. As he usually makes up time by Concord, I suspect management will be unaware of there actually being an issue - of course now it may be a slightly different story, given that there has been a customer complaint.
Dan
14 Jul 2014, 9:47 am #47

(14 Jul 2014, 9:44 am)AdamY There is an element of truth to the comment posted by the GNE customer services representative. Ideally, people should take more responsibility in ensuring that plenty of time is allowed for travelling to destinations especially where connecting services are used. To me, that's common sense.

Regularly the same driver who does that run - at least from my experience anyway.

Not sure why he's consistently late out of the depot, but he must set off from the depot when he's actually due to leave Park Lane. It's nothing to do with the timings being tight or whatever because he is even scheduled to have layover in Park Lane prior to working service 56 - so it's down to the driver giving himself an extra little bit of time in the depot. As he usually makes up time by Concord, I suspect management will be unaware of there actually being an issue - of course now it may be a slightly different story, given that there has been a customer complaint.

MurdnunoC

14 Jul 2014, 9:57 am #48
(14 Jul 2014, 9:47 am)Dan Regularly the same driver who does that run - at least from my experience anyway.

Do you know this to be true?
MurdnunoC
14 Jul 2014, 9:57 am #48

(14 Jul 2014, 9:47 am)Dan Regularly the same driver who does that run - at least from my experience anyway.

Do you know this to be true?

Dan

Site Administrator

14 Jul 2014, 10:08 am #49
(14 Jul 2014, 9:57 am)AdamY Do you know this to be true?

What else can it be, if it happens all the time with this driver? Of the times I have used the service, it was only once on time leaving Sunderland - and that's when it was a different driver. This driver pulled in at 05:00am on the dot and waited on the layover for a few minutes before letting passengers on.

If it was happening every once in a while or happened with multiple drivers, I'd suggest first check defects in the depot and that was the reason why the bus didn't depart Park Lane on time - but this isn't the case.
Dan
14 Jul 2014, 10:08 am #49

(14 Jul 2014, 9:57 am)AdamY Do you know this to be true?

What else can it be, if it happens all the time with this driver? Of the times I have used the service, it was only once on time leaving Sunderland - and that's when it was a different driver. This driver pulled in at 05:00am on the dot and waited on the layover for a few minutes before letting passengers on.

If it was happening every once in a while or happened with multiple drivers, I'd suggest first check defects in the depot and that was the reason why the bus didn't depart Park Lane on time - but this isn't the case.

tyresmoke

14 Jul 2014, 10:25 am #50
(14 Jul 2014, 10:08 am)Dan What else can it be, if it happens all the time with this driver? Of the times I have used the service, it was only once on time leaving Sunderland - and that's when it was a different driver. This driver pulled in at 05:00am on the dot and waited on the layover for a few minutes before letting passengers on.

Could be anything including this driver uses the staff transport on a morning which for some reason gets him to the depot late... I would guess we will never know the proper reason.
I'd be amazed if GNE plan layovers into duties before starting though, most places get the light running time and thats it, straight onto service. Of course some are slacker than others...

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
14 Jul 2014, 10:25 am #50

(14 Jul 2014, 10:08 am)Dan What else can it be, if it happens all the time with this driver? Of the times I have used the service, it was only once on time leaving Sunderland - and that's when it was a different driver. This driver pulled in at 05:00am on the dot and waited on the layover for a few minutes before letting passengers on.

Could be anything including this driver uses the staff transport on a morning which for some reason gets him to the depot late... I would guess we will never know the proper reason.
I'd be amazed if GNE plan layovers into duties before starting though, most places get the light running time and thats it, straight onto service. Of course some are slacker than others...

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Dan

Site Administrator

14 Jul 2014, 10:57 am #51
(14 Jul 2014, 10:25 am)tyresmoke Could be anything including this driver uses the staff transport on a morning which for some reason gets him to the depot late... I would guess we will never know the proper reason.

Yes, the light running time is pretty slack meaning that the drivers usually have a couple of minutes layover before starting.
Dan
14 Jul 2014, 10:57 am #51

(14 Jul 2014, 10:25 am)tyresmoke Could be anything including this driver uses the staff transport on a morning which for some reason gets him to the depot late... I would guess we will never know the proper reason.

Yes, the light running time is pretty slack meaning that the drivers usually have a couple of minutes layover before starting.

Adrian

25 Jul 2014, 2:23 pm #52
Emailed Go North East earlier, and my query was answered and dealt with in just over 30 minutes. Now that's worth mentioning as exceptional.

In other news, I'm towards the end of the 3rd week since Arriva were going to investigate why the X2 (Durham board) yet again failed to stop at Birtley shops...

Adrian
25 Jul 2014, 2:23 pm #52

Emailed Go North East earlier, and my query was answered and dealt with in just over 30 minutes. Now that's worth mentioning as exceptional.

In other news, I'm towards the end of the 3rd week since Arriva were going to investigate why the X2 (Durham board) yet again failed to stop at Birtley shops...

25 Jul 2014, 2:37 pm #53
(25 Jul 2014, 2:23 pm)aureolin Emailed Go North East earlier, and my query was answered and dealt with in just over 30 minutes. Now that's worth mentioning as exceptional.

There were complaints raised at the recent Stockton bus forum about X1/X2s not observing stops they should do in the Stockton area.
Roland Pratt
25 Jul 2014, 2:37 pm #53

(25 Jul 2014, 2:23 pm)aureolin Emailed Go North East earlier, and my query was answered and dealt with in just over 30 minutes. Now that's worth mentioning as exceptional.

There were complaints raised at the recent Stockton bus forum about X1/X2s not observing stops they should do in the Stockton area.

Adrian

25 Jul 2014, 3:02 pm #54
(25 Jul 2014, 2:37 pm)Roland Pratt There were complaints raised at the recent Stockton bus forum about X1/X2s not observing stops they should do in the Stockton area.

I'd imagine Arriva will do approximately sod all. The Stockton drivers seem to know exactly where the stops are along the X2 route, but the Durham drivers try their best not to stop where they're supposed to. This must be the 5th or 6th email I've sent them on the subject now and it still happens.

Adrian
25 Jul 2014, 3:02 pm #54

(25 Jul 2014, 2:37 pm)Roland Pratt There were complaints raised at the recent Stockton bus forum about X1/X2s not observing stops they should do in the Stockton area.

I'd imagine Arriva will do approximately sod all. The Stockton drivers seem to know exactly where the stops are along the X2 route, but the Durham drivers try their best not to stop where they're supposed to. This must be the 5th or 6th email I've sent them on the subject now and it still happens.

Tom

25 Jul 2014, 3:02 pm #55
(25 Jul 2014, 3:02 pm)aureolin I'd imagine Arriva will do approximately sod all. The Stockton drivers seem to know exactly where the stops are along the X2 route, but the Durham drivers try their best not to stop where they're supposed to. This must be the 5th or 6th email I've sent them on the subject now and it still happens.

Arriva don't give a toss!
Tom
25 Jul 2014, 3:02 pm #55

(25 Jul 2014, 3:02 pm)aureolin I'd imagine Arriva will do approximately sod all. The Stockton drivers seem to know exactly where the stops are along the X2 route, but the Durham drivers try their best not to stop where they're supposed to. This must be the 5th or 6th email I've sent them on the subject now and it still happens.

Arriva don't give a toss!

25 Jul 2014, 3:19 pm #56
(25 Jul 2014, 3:02 pm)Tom Arriva don't give a toss!

And they are severely outdated! I'd love it if they changed their tickets to the same type Stagecoach and GNE use - instead of those torn strips!
R852 PRG
25 Jul 2014, 3:19 pm #56

(25 Jul 2014, 3:02 pm)Tom Arriva don't give a toss!

And they are severely outdated! I'd love it if they changed their tickets to the same type Stagecoach and GNE use - instead of those torn strips!

25 Jul 2014, 5:26 pm #57
(25 Jul 2014, 3:19 pm)Marcus And they are severely outdated! I'd love it if they changed their tickets to the same type Stagecoach and GNE use - instead of those torn strips!
Unless I'm missing something, Arriva ticket machines are different model, but not outdated.
VolvoMarkII
25 Jul 2014, 5:26 pm #57

(25 Jul 2014, 3:19 pm)Marcus And they are severely outdated! I'd love it if they changed their tickets to the same type Stagecoach and GNE use - instead of those torn strips!
Unless I'm missing something, Arriva ticket machines are different model, but not outdated.

BJ10VUS

25 Jul 2014, 6:30 pm #58
(11 Jun 2014, 3:39 pm)Marcus I think it's staff toilets and a little break room. They can probably get a bit more change in there as well.

About a month too late, but thank you, I wasn't sure what it was! At least they've now managed to fix it... or at least, stop it slamming like a gun shot! Tongue
Edited 25 Jul 2014, 6:31 pm by BJ10VUS.
BJ10VUS
25 Jul 2014, 6:30 pm #58

(11 Jun 2014, 3:39 pm)Marcus I think it's staff toilets and a little break room. They can probably get a bit more change in there as well.

About a month too late, but thank you, I wasn't sure what it was! At least they've now managed to fix it... or at least, stop it slamming like a gun shot! Tongue

25 Jul 2014, 6:45 pm #59
(25 Jul 2014, 5:26 pm)VolvoMarkII Unless I'm missing something, Arriva ticket machines are different model, but not outdated.

Oh, I was just using their tickets as an example of how Arriva haven't seemed to have 'jumped' into the next generation. Some of their Prestiges didn't get a repaint from being new to being withdrawn!
R852 PRG
25 Jul 2014, 6:45 pm #59

(25 Jul 2014, 5:26 pm)VolvoMarkII Unless I'm missing something, Arriva ticket machines are different model, but not outdated.

Oh, I was just using their tickets as an example of how Arriva haven't seemed to have 'jumped' into the next generation. Some of their Prestiges didn't get a repaint from being new to being withdrawn!

mb134

25 Jul 2014, 8:14 pm #60
(25 Jul 2014, 6:45 pm)Marcus Oh, I was just using their tickets as an example of how Arriva haven't seemed to have 'jumped' into the next generation. Some of their Prestiges didn't get a repaint from being new to being withdrawn!
What exactly is wrong with Arriva's tickets?
mb134
25 Jul 2014, 8:14 pm #60

(25 Jul 2014, 6:45 pm)Marcus Oh, I was just using their tickets as an example of how Arriva haven't seemed to have 'jumped' into the next generation. Some of their Prestiges didn't get a repaint from being new to being withdrawn!
What exactly is wrong with Arriva's tickets?

Pages (13): Previous 1 2 3 413 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average