Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Timetables.

Timetables.

Timetables.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
Michael

12 Apr 2017, 2:12 pm #21
(12 Apr 2017, 2:08 pm)dannygee Think nexus have made another mistake online.

It isn't - 

PB0002400/450 Registered (Short notice)
GO NORTHERN LTD
Route: Sunderland, Park Lane Interchange to Sunderland, Park Lane Interchange
Service number: 700 (701)
Service type: Limited Stop
Effective date: 22 Apr 2017

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
12 Apr 2017, 2:12 pm #21

(12 Apr 2017, 2:08 pm)dannygee Think nexus have made another mistake online.

It isn't - 

GO NORTHERN LTD

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Tom

12 Apr 2017, 2:16 pm #22
(12 Apr 2017, 2:12 pm)Michael It isn't - 

GO NORTHERN LTD

He meant for the top one I'm guessing Smile
Tom
12 Apr 2017, 2:16 pm #22

(12 Apr 2017, 2:12 pm)Michael It isn't - 

GO NORTHERN LTD

He meant for the top one I'm guessing Smile

dannygee

13 Apr 2017, 12:31 am #23
(12 Apr 2017, 2:16 pm)Tom He meant for the top one I'm guessing Smile

Yep sorry didnt mention. It was the top one
dannygee
13 Apr 2017, 12:31 am #23

(12 Apr 2017, 2:16 pm)Tom He meant for the top one I'm guessing Smile

Yep sorry didnt mention. It was the top one

23 Jan 2018, 4:06 pm #24
I see nexus are quick off the mark in the hebburn area with the new timetables at bus stops already installed.
Northern4555
23 Jan 2018, 4:06 pm #24

I see nexus are quick off the mark in the hebburn area with the new timetables at bus stops already installed.

Jimmi

23 Jan 2018, 5:55 pm #25
(23 Jan 2018, 4:06 pm)Northern4555 I see nexus are quick off the mark in the hebburn area with the new timetables at bus stops already installed.

Bus stop timetables often seemed to be changed at least a few days in advance, not just in Nexus land either, Durham County Council have made a start on updating timetables ahead of contract changes from Sunday as well, noticed a timetable in Newton Aycliffe this afternoon that now has service 879 down as being operated by Hodgsons.
Jimmi
23 Jan 2018, 5:55 pm #25

(23 Jan 2018, 4:06 pm)Northern4555 I see nexus are quick off the mark in the hebburn area with the new timetables at bus stops already installed.

Bus stop timetables often seemed to be changed at least a few days in advance, not just in Nexus land either, Durham County Council have made a start on updating timetables ahead of contract changes from Sunday as well, noticed a timetable in Newton Aycliffe this afternoon that now has service 879 down as being operated by Hodgsons.

28 Jan 2018, 10:49 pm #26
(23 Jan 2018, 5:55 pm)Jimmi Bus stop timetables often seemed to be changed at least a few days in advance, not just in Nexus land either, Durham County Council have made a start on updating timetables ahead of contract changes from Sunday as well, noticed a timetable in Newton Aycliffe this afternoon that now has service 879 down as being operated by Hodgsons.

I spoke to soon about nexus being quick off the mark with the new bus stop time tables.grainger st Newcastle still showing the old 27 route timetable without the new route 26. There were quite a few confused passengers looking for new bus times, so when 26 pulled in you could see the panic and confusion .some were thinking the driver had put in 26 instead of 27, even after the new times were on the web site, loads people did not know the buses changed today.
Northern4555
28 Jan 2018, 10:49 pm #26

(23 Jan 2018, 5:55 pm)Jimmi Bus stop timetables often seemed to be changed at least a few days in advance, not just in Nexus land either, Durham County Council have made a start on updating timetables ahead of contract changes from Sunday as well, noticed a timetable in Newton Aycliffe this afternoon that now has service 879 down as being operated by Hodgsons.

I spoke to soon about nexus being quick off the mark with the new bus stop time tables.grainger st Newcastle still showing the old 27 route timetable without the new route 26. There were quite a few confused passengers looking for new bus times, so when 26 pulled in you could see the panic and confusion .some were thinking the driver had put in 26 instead of 27, even after the new times were on the web site, loads people did not know the buses changed today.

Jimmi

29 Jan 2018, 7:00 pm #27
Speaking of outdated timetables, Durham County Council's interactive timetable and map site: http://www.cartogold.co.uk/durhamPT/download-tts.html has a few timetables for services which have since been withdrawn including:

JSB Travel's evening journeys on Arriva service 6.

Cumbria Classic Coaches service 572 shows a summer timetable when it's currently on a winter timetable.

Scarlet Band X49 & S2 were withdrawn.

Also this oldie in Heighington today, this service was withdrawn getting on for nearly 3 years ago now.
.jpg
_20180129_184725.JPG
Size: 82.45 KB / Downloads: 21
Jimmi
29 Jan 2018, 7:00 pm #27

Speaking of outdated timetables, Durham County Council's interactive timetable and map site: http://www.cartogold.co.uk/durhamPT/download-tts.html has a few timetables for services which have since been withdrawn including:

JSB Travel's evening journeys on Arriva service 6.

Cumbria Classic Coaches service 572 shows a summer timetable when it's currently on a winter timetable.

Scarlet Band X49 & S2 were withdrawn.

Also this oldie in Heighington today, this service was withdrawn getting on for nearly 3 years ago now.

.jpg
_20180129_184725.JPG
Size: 82.45 KB / Downloads: 21

04 Feb 2018, 12:03 am #28
Still don't really understand the new Go North East approach to printed timetables - the continued production of timetables for services with major changes indicates that there is a recognition that there is still a need/value in producing printed leaflets. But then that logic falls flat when leaflets aren't available for other services, which have had minor changes and therefore 'old' timetables withdrawn, without replacement. Why, for example is there a need for a printed timetable for the 9 but not the 8?
stagecoachbusdepot
04 Feb 2018, 12:03 am #28

Still don't really understand the new Go North East approach to printed timetables - the continued production of timetables for services with major changes indicates that there is a recognition that there is still a need/value in producing printed leaflets. But then that logic falls flat when leaflets aren't available for other services, which have had minor changes and therefore 'old' timetables withdrawn, without replacement. Why, for example is there a need for a printed timetable for the 9 but not the 8?

04 Feb 2018, 5:11 am #29
(04 Feb 2018, 12:03 am)stagecoachbusdepot Still don't really understand the new Go North East approach to printed timetables - the continued production of timetables for services with major changes indicates that there is a recognition that there is still a need/value in producing printed leaflets.  But then that logic falls flat when leaflets aren't available for other services, which have had minor changes and therefore 'old' timetables withdrawn, without replacement.  Why, for example is there a need for a printed timetable for the 9 but not the 8?

I picked up the new 26/27 timetables on the bus yesterday,which I was surprised about,I did not think they were going to print any.
Northern4555
04 Feb 2018, 5:11 am #29

(04 Feb 2018, 12:03 am)stagecoachbusdepot Still don't really understand the new Go North East approach to printed timetables - the continued production of timetables for services with major changes indicates that there is a recognition that there is still a need/value in producing printed leaflets.  But then that logic falls flat when leaflets aren't available for other services, which have had minor changes and therefore 'old' timetables withdrawn, without replacement.  Why, for example is there a need for a printed timetable for the 9 but not the 8?

I picked up the new 26/27 timetables on the bus yesterday,which I was surprised about,I did not think they were going to print any.

04 Feb 2018, 12:09 pm #30
I was on board the Prince Bishops 20 the other day & they had South Tyneside Bus Guides on board.
Northern
04 Feb 2018, 12:09 pm #30

I was on board the Prince Bishops 20 the other day & they had South Tyneside Bus Guides on board.

Pulsar

30 Mar 2018, 8:26 pm #31
Just noticed in the last week that in Northumberland many bus stop timetables have been taken down and replaced with a poster showing a QR code to scan for the latest times. Im guessing that this is to save them changing the timetable every time service changes occur however I think that this will provide a significant disadvantage to many people. Im not sure if this is just Northumberland Council or a Nexus decision. 

I could not get a photo myself as my bus was coming however I found this one posted to the Arriva North East facebook page.
Attached Files

My Flickr Account - Photos from the North East and Beyond.
Pulsar
30 Mar 2018, 8:26 pm #31

Just noticed in the last week that in Northumberland many bus stop timetables have been taken down and replaced with a poster showing a QR code to scan for the latest times. Im guessing that this is to save them changing the timetable every time service changes occur however I think that this will provide a significant disadvantage to many people. Im not sure if this is just Northumberland Council or a Nexus decision. 

I could not get a photo myself as my bus was coming however I found this one posted to the Arriva North East facebook page.

Attached Files

My Flickr Account - Photos from the North East and Beyond.

James101

30 Mar 2018, 9:42 pm #32
(30 Mar 2018, 8:26 pm)Pulsar Just noticed in the last week that in Northumberland many bus stop timetables have been taken down and replaced with a poster showing a QR code to scan for the latest times. Im guessing that this is to save them changing the timetable every time service changes occur however I think that this will provide a significant disadvantage to many people. Im not sure if this is just Northumberland Council or a Nexus decision. 

I can only assume that's an idea from someone who last used a bus when they were in school. Clearly the OAPs of Northumberland aren't about to whip out their iPhone to check where the bus is.
James101
30 Mar 2018, 9:42 pm #32

(30 Mar 2018, 8:26 pm)Pulsar Just noticed in the last week that in Northumberland many bus stop timetables have been taken down and replaced with a poster showing a QR code to scan for the latest times. Im guessing that this is to save them changing the timetable every time service changes occur however I think that this will provide a significant disadvantage to many people. Im not sure if this is just Northumberland Council or a Nexus decision. 

I can only assume that's an idea from someone who last used a bus when they were in school. Clearly the OAPs of Northumberland aren't about to whip out their iPhone to check where the bus is.

Andreos1

02 Apr 2018, 11:15 am #33

(30 Mar 2018, 9:42 pm)James101 I can only assume that's an idea from someone who last used a bus when they were in school. Clearly the OAPs of Northumberland aren't about to whip out their iPhone to check where the bus is.

Atrocius.
OAP's, those who aren't tech savvy and many others totally disregarded by this example.

Travelling by public transport needs to be made accessible to all and go way above and beyond easy access vehicles.
Organisations need to think about the process from well before people get to the bus stop, the time at the stop, on board and when the passenger gets off.
This is a perfect example of that failing. Just as the removal of paper timetables, the removal of via points etc etc.
Edited 02 Apr 2018, 11:16 am by Andreos1.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
02 Apr 2018, 11:15 am #33

(30 Mar 2018, 9:42 pm)James101 I can only assume that's an idea from someone who last used a bus when they were in school. Clearly the OAPs of Northumberland aren't about to whip out their iPhone to check where the bus is.

Atrocius.
OAP's, those who aren't tech savvy and many others totally disregarded by this example.

Travelling by public transport needs to be made accessible to all and go way above and beyond easy access vehicles.
Organisations need to think about the process from well before people get to the bus stop, the time at the stop, on board and when the passenger gets off.
This is a perfect example of that failing. Just as the removal of paper timetables, the removal of via points etc etc.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Jimmi

02 Apr 2018, 11:30 am #34
(02 Apr 2018, 11:15 am)Andreos1 Atrocius.

Strange how we seemingly can no longer have timetables on bus stops but you can go on Nexus' website and can download a PDF of the times for the bus stop in question  Huh
.jpg
_20180402_122827.JPG
Size: 149.86 KB / Downloads: 34
Jimmi
02 Apr 2018, 11:30 am #34

(02 Apr 2018, 11:15 am)Andreos1 Atrocius.

Strange how we seemingly can no longer have timetables on bus stops but you can go on Nexus' website and can download a PDF of the times for the bus stop in question  Huh
.jpg
_20180402_122827.JPG
Size: 149.86 KB / Downloads: 34

Jimmi

04 Jun 2018, 1:51 pm #35
As this matter has been widely discussed in the GNE threads... Arriva Midlands are set to follow in Go North East's footsteps by scrapping paper timetables: https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/...ce=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Jimmi
04 Jun 2018, 1:51 pm #35

As this matter has been widely discussed in the GNE threads... Arriva Midlands are set to follow in Go North East's footsteps by scrapping paper timetables: https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/...ce=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Pages (2): Previous 1 2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average