North East Buses
Tyne and Wear Metro - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Other Forms of Transport (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Forum: Railways (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Tyne and Wear Metro (/showthread.php?tid=68)

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - BJ10VUS - 06 Aug 2013

(06 Aug 2013, 2:39 pm)danpick yesterday did anyone notice tyne & wear metro and nexus failed by saying gne ran the 27a which hasnt ran in 3 years

Yeah, I missed it out my post because it's not around any more Tongue

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - BJ10VUS - 06 Aug 2013

Gateshead Stadium is closed AGAIN, due to a failure of the power supply!

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Malarkey - 07 Aug 2013

http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/sets/72157633115017137/
Photos added to the set from today, also includes the Metro Replacement Services from Easter...Enjoy

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Dan - 14 Aug 2013

No announcement on Twitter, but usual heavy delays are in process.

4069 (I think that was the fleet number) has the front 7 seats sectioned off today. A large quilt-like material separates the area off. The service that was on ran 10 minutes late, and the 30 second frequency announcements at Sunderland station didn't half let me know that.

The 0554 train to Newcastle is reported 'on time' but turned up 8 minutes late... hmm.

Does anyone know what has happened to the Park Lane short on a morning? Does this still happen what with the maintenance work or not? Seems odd having three services to South Hylton before 6am...

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - DanPicken - 16 Aug 2013

express service X901 will be stopping on barrack road instead of gallowgate due to burst water main

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - ... - 17 Aug 2013

Does anyone know where the trains are getting kept on a night on the routes between Haymarket-South Shields/Hylton? Just noticed several trains today covered in grafitti. 4032 is covered in it on 1 side

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Adrian - 17 Aug 2013

(17 Aug 2013, 1:42 pm)dans_bus_photos Does anyone know where the trains are getting kept on a night on the routes between Haymarket-South Shields/Hylton? Just noticed several trains today covered in grafitti. 4032 is covered in it on 1 side

I've heard a couple of people mention they were getting kept at Pelaw sidings. Don't take my word for it, but certainly worth checking it out?

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Dan - 17 Aug 2013

(17 Aug 2013, 2:07 pm)aureolin I've heard a couple of people mention they were getting kept at Pelaw sidings. Don't take my word for it, but certainly worth checking it out?

They had four or so there one morning (6am) when I passed, so I would assume that is correct.
A little silly of them to put so many refurbed examples there though.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - ... - 17 Aug 2013

I know i noticed grafitti over the doors of 1 of the refurbished ones (cant remember the number though)

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Dan - 17 Aug 2013

Two refurbished Metrocars and both Emirates branded Metrocars are at Pelaw today, in the aforementioned storage space.
I passed at 0700am today and they were there so it doesn't look like they have moved.

I can't imagine that the entirety of the fleet used on South Shields/Hylton runs even at its lower PVR at the moment could be stored there though. It doesn't look like there would be enough room... Is there anywhere else in addition to Pelaw that could be used?

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Kuyoyo - 17 Aug 2013

(17 Aug 2013, 7:28 pm)Daniel Two refurbished Metrocars and both Emirates branded Metrocars are at Pelaw today, in the aforementioned storage space.
I passed at 0700am today and they were there so it doesn't look like they have moved.

I can't imagine that the entirety of the fleet used on South Shields/Hylton runs even at its lower PVR at the moment could be stored there though. It doesn't look like there would be enough room... Is there anywhere else in addition to Pelaw that could be used?

South Shields

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - tyresmoke - 17 Aug 2013

I believe they get swapped every other night anyway, so they're never "away from home" for too long.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - DanPicken - 18 Aug 2013

(17 Aug 2013, 7:28 pm)Daniel Two refurbished Metrocars and both Emirates branded Metrocars are at Pelaw today, in the aforementioned storage space.

south hylton with it having the space for 2 trains at any time

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - BJ10VUS - 30 Aug 2013

No trains are running between Haymarket to Heworth, this is due to a failed train at Felling. Go North East 27 is accepting Metro tickets.

Edit: Just as I posted, service has resumed between Haymarket and Heworth.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - DanPicken - 31 Aug 2013

There are no trains running between Heworth and Regent Centre and Four Lane Ends in both directions, this is due to unforeseen circumstances. A limited bus replacement service is in operation in the affected area. Go Ahead No 27 is accepting tickets between Heworth and the City Centre. - See more at: http://www.nexus.org.uk/home#sthash.SPUCfLZu.dpuf

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Dan - 31 Aug 2013

Due to unforeseen circumstances? Could Nexus not predict that they wouldn't finish the maintenance being performed during the MLC? Useless!

No sign of a replacement bus service either.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - tyresmoke - 31 Aug 2013

Good old Metro. The replacement service was the most reliable service for years...!

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Adrian - 31 Aug 2013

Just had a text to tell me that Kingsleys are now operating a replacement service.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - DanPicken - 31 Aug 2013

There are no trains running between Haymarket and Regent Centre and Four Lane Ends in both directions. The 901 bus replacement is calling near to all stations between Haymarket and Regent Centre. The 900 bus replacement is calling near to all stations between Haymarket and Four Lane Ends. Trains are running but with delays between Haymarket and South Shields/South Hylton, Airport and Regent Centre and St James and Four Lane End. This is due a signalling problem. - See more at: http://www.nexus.org.uk/#sthash.rY6n9306.dpuf

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Dan - 31 Aug 2013

Were they put back on again after this morning's fuss or are they just reminding us how reliable the Metro network is?