North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V3 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V3 (/showthread.php?tid=1418)

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Diamond One - 27 Aug 2015

(27 Aug 2015, 6:38 am)LeeCalder wrote Bazza, he was probably homeless. If he was, then of course he will be asking anyone possible if they have any money. Could you imagine living on the street with no money at all?

He didn't look homeless to me he looked like a right chav who knew his stuff

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - BusLoverMum - 27 Aug 2015

(27 Aug 2015, 2:50 pm)aureolin wrote Eff off face? That could come in handy most days. Tongue

It's taken me many years to cultivate. I use chuggers for practice. I'm not yet as good at it as the queen, though.

What's annoying you today? V3 - Jimmi - 27 Aug 2015

I'm looking after someone else's dog for over the next week and what do I get to do when I am not looking after their dog? I get left alone at home to look after our own dog and when I often get left alone with it the thing goes bloody crazy, it just lept at me. Seems like I am the only one watching it and I have to keep changing/dropping plans to suit everyone else so I can look after it and I am bloody sick of it! [emoji35]

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - MurdnunoC - 27 Aug 2015

(27 Aug 2015, 3:54 pm)Jimmi wrote I'm looking after someone else's dog for over the next week and what do I get to do when I am not looking after their dog? I get left alone at home to look after our own dog and when I often get left alone with it the thing goes bloody crazy, it just lept at me. Seems like I am the only one watching it and I have to keep changing/dropping plans to suit everyone else so I can look after it and I am bloody sick of it! [emoji35]

Dogs are cool, man. Go for a walk, maybe do a little bit of Geocaching, have fun!

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Jimmi - 27 Aug 2015

(27 Aug 2015, 4:05 pm)MurdnunoC wrote Dogs are cool, man. Go for a walk, maybe do a little bit of Geocaching, have fun!

I don't want to go for a walk, I just want to sit down and relax. I have now gotten so frustrated I have been shouting the house down and now gotten my sister to watch it as I've been watching it all afternoon and I'm not happy with being left with it all afternoon and they wanted me to look after it again tomorrow afternoon and half of Saturday as well.

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - MurdnunoC - 27 Aug 2015

(27 Aug 2015, 4:10 pm)Jimmi wrote I don't want to go for a walk, I just want to sit down and relax. I have now gotten so frustrated I have been shouting the house down and now gotten my sister to watch it as I've been watching it all afternoon and I'm not happy with being left with it all afternoon and they wanted me to look after it again tomorrow afternoon and half of Saturday as well.

Dogs love to lie down and relax too, especially after a nice long walk.

(27 Aug 2015, 4:10 pm)Jimmi wrote I don't want to go for a walk, I just want to sit down and relax. I have now gotten so frustrated I have been shouting the house down and now gotten my sister to watch it as I've been watching it all afternoon and I'm not happy with being left with it all afternoon and they wanted me to look after it again tomorrow afternoon and half of Saturday as well.

Sounds like the dog needs to see the skies of Co Durham from the floor of a bus Wink

Did you have any advance notice of this particular arrangement, or was it just sprung on you? From your earlier post, it sounds like you don't have much of a rapport with the dog and it doesn't appear to know its boundaries with you or you struggle to enforce them, so I can understand why you're not keen. Neither of the boys are at all keen on dogs with no manners (I recently replied to a woman with a bouncy little terrier which littl'un was cowering from with "well he doesn't much like dogs and it scares him when they jump up at him" when she was reassuring me that her particular precious bundle of bounce loved children and only wanted to play)

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Jimmi - 27 Aug 2015

(27 Aug 2015, 7:27 pm)BusLoverMum wrote Sounds like the dog needs to see the skies of Co Durham from the floor of a bus Wink

Did you have any advance notice of this particular arrangement, or was it just sprung on you? From your earlier post, it sounds like you don't have much of a rapport with the dog and it doesn't appear to know its boundaries with you or you struggle to enforce them, so I can understand why you're not keen. Neither of the boys are at all keen on dogs with no manners (I recently replied to a woman with a bouncy little terrier which littl'un was cowering from with "well he doesn't much like dogs and it scares him when they jump up at him" when she was reassuring me that her particular precious bundle of bounce loved children and only wanted to play)

It was sprung on me with very little notice this afternoon so that annoyed me a little and the dog is still only a puppy so it can be quite wild at times and it's the worst if I'm on my own as sometimes you need someone else to district it at times when for example I have to clean the mess up in the garden as by the time I get the shovel it's eating it's own mess, it also likes to pick up rocks in its mouth.

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Michael - 27 Aug 2015

(27 Aug 2015, 2:50 pm)Diamond One wrote He didn't look homeless to me he looked like a right chav who knew his stuff

I laughed out load at that Bazza, honestly i'll agree with you though i've had random people ask for bus fare etc although u can see they'll only go and spend it else where.

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Davie - 27 Aug 2015

I'll not go into any detail, but I have had an incredibly bad day today!!

(27 Aug 2015, 9:10 pm)Davie wrote I'll not go into any detail, but I have had an incredibly bad day today!!

I hope that it wasn't so bad that it couldn't be mitigated by some creature comforts.

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - omnicity4659 - 28 Aug 2015

My photo of a refurbished Metrocar that I uploaded to Wikipedia for use on the TW Metro page, to replace an outdated photo has been reported for copyright violation...

It is my photo, as I took a photo of it, uploaded to Flickr and then uploaded it to Wikipedia...!

Twats.

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - MurdnunoC - 28 Aug 2015

(28 Aug 2015, 9:16 am)GX03 SVC wrote My photo of a refurbished Metrocar that I uploaded to Wikipedia for use on the TW Metro page, to replace an outdated photo has been reported for copyright violation...

It is my photo, as I took a photo of it, uploaded to Flickr and then uploaded it to Wikipedia...!

Twats.

What kind of licence do you use on Flickr to display your photos?

If your photos are not available under some variant of Creative Commons, and you retain all rights to your work under some generalised copyright application, your photo will not be permitted to be used on Wikipedia (or indeed any other website) and will be removed if reported.

What's annoying you today? V3 - Jimmi - 28 Aug 2015

Photo taking is going so badly wrong today that I've just punched myself in the face in frustration after my shot of 9108 came out a bit blurry with another being ruined by someone crossing the road in front of it and the X21 ruined my shot in Durham. Photo of 5284 went wrong to.

What's annoying you today? V3 - Jimmi - 28 Aug 2015

Jumped on the 20 in Park Lane and I saw the X21 at the other end as we were leaving. Pissed is an understatement, as you can imagine I am really pleased about having to spend over an hour on this rattling Prince Bishops shed which is making me feel sick and the seat behind the drivers cab is unsuitable if you have legs.

I was in a bad enough mood to start with!

What's annoying you today? V3 - Jimmi - 29 Aug 2015

Was pleased to get the top deck of an Enviro 400 to myself... Five stops later a large family with loud annoying children get on, was bad enough listening to the loud annoying next stop announcements.

Not what you want at 0815 on a Saturday morning when you've had little sleep.

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - LeeCalder - 29 Aug 2015

Congratulations to Arriva who have placed a Pulsar on the X93....

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - DanPicken - 29 Aug 2015

(29 Aug 2015, 8:52 am)LeeCalder wrote Congratulations to Arriva who have placed a Pulsar on the X93....

Might be swapped off somewhere along the route.

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Dan - 29 Aug 2015

(29 Aug 2015, 8:52 am)LeeCalder wrote Congratulations to Arriva who have placed a Pulsar on the X93....

Congratulations to LeeCalder, who has been shortlisted for the most cynical bus enthusiast award (strong competition for it, mind!) [emoji14]

They only allocate single-decks when nothing else is available - and I am pretty sure you'd agree that having to stand on the X93 is better than no bus at all..! Obviously if people get turned away, then the bus effectively hasn't turned up for those people, and I would anticipate Whitby would attempt to dupe it with another single-deck?

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - LeeCalder - 29 Aug 2015

(29 Aug 2015, 9:11 am)Dan wrote Congratulations to LeeCalder, who has been shortlisted for the most cynical bus enthusiast award (strong competition for it, mind!) [emoji14]

They only allocate single-decks when nothing else is available - and I am pretty sure you'd agree that having to stand on the X93 is better than no bus at all..! Obviously if people get turned away, then the bus effectively hasn't turned up for those people, and I would anticipate Whitby would attempt to dupe it with another single-deck?

Can you tell I'm having a bad day, Dan Tongue