Notice: Undefined variable: username in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/global.php(587) : eval()'d code on line 4

Notice: Undefined variable: password in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/global.php(587) : eval()'d code on line 9

Notice: Undefined variable: captcha in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/global.php(587) : eval()'d code on line 24

Notice: Undefined variable: redirect_url in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/global.php(587) : eval()'d code on line 34

Notice: Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lostpw_note in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/global.php(587) : eval()'d code on line 42

Notice: Undefined variable: customcolor_headerinclude in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/global.php(958) : eval()'d code on line 20

Notice: Undefined property: MyLanguage::$stats_tab in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/global.php(1070) : eval()'d code on line 28

Notice: Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code on line 2
Tyne and Wear Metro - Printable Version
North East Buses
Tyne and Wear Metro - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Other Forms of Transport (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Forum: Railways (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Tyne and Wear Metro (/showthread.php?tid=68)

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Unber43 - 20 Nov 2022

Honestly I think it will just be a waste of money

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Adrian - 20 Nov 2022

(20 Nov 2022, 7:25 pm)Rob44 https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/washington-metro-line-public-reaction-25555720

chronicle readers who live/work in washington think it will be a great idea.

Don't really know the place that well. I just visit the pubs so hopefully there will be a stop next to a few of them

Closest will be Washington South station to the Sky Lounge at Brady Square. Won't really stop near to any others.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Unber43 - 21 Nov 2022

Emergency Metro Replacement between South Hylton & Park Lane tomorrow at every 24 mins daytime, every 30 mins evening.

No service to South Hylton.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - 54APhotography - 22 Nov 2022

Network Rail and RMT strikes confirmed for 13th &14th, 16th & 17th December. 3rd & 4th, 6th & 7th January. No Metros Pelaw-South Hylton.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Andreos1 - 24 Nov 2022

No trains on the South Hylton stretch until the New Year, following flooding a few weeks back.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Unber43 - 24 Nov 2022

Apparently the damage is catastrophic.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - BusLoverMum - 25 Nov 2022

Well it involved a fire, didn't it?

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Unber43 - 27 Nov 2022

Are the people working on the metro flow project working 24/7?

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - deanmachine - 27 Nov 2022

(27 Nov 2022, 1:12 pm)Unber43 Are the people working on the metro flow project working 24/7?

Looks that way, they definitely work late evenings when I've been through Jarrow and Hebburn.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Unber43 - 10 Dec 2022

Metro are suffering from Driver Shortages which is quite worrying as trains are only heading to Park Lane every 24 mins with extension to South Hylton being closed & the closure of the south shields line aswell

Does anyone know when the new trains are coming into service as there seems to be an incident / train fault all the time

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - 54APhotography - 12 Dec 2022

(10 Dec 2022, 7:40 pm)Unber43 Metro are suffering from Driver Shortages which is quite worrying as trains are only heading to Park Lane every 24 mins with extension to South Hylton being closed & the closure of the south shields line aswell

Does anyone know when the new trains are coming into service as there seems to be an incident / train fault all the time
The new trains will be testing during 2023, looking unlikely that any will enter service before September 2023

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Michael - 15 Dec 2022

PB0003954/1373
New GO NORTH EAST LIMITED 901 (901) Sunderland South Hylton

Date received15 Dec 2022
Effective date19 Dec 2022

------------------

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Michael - 19 Dec 2022

(15 Dec 2022, 6:16 pm)Michael PB0003954/1373
New GO NORTH EAST LIMITED 901 (901) Sunderland South Hylton

Date received15 Dec 2022
Effective date19 Dec 2022

------------------

Looks like 2 Graphite Solo's are allocated.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Unber43 - 19 Dec 2022

While this isn't a major thing, GNE are running the 901, meanwhile Metro are saying its going to be the X901.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Unber43 - 20 Dec 2022

Where does the 901 turn around at South Hylton

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - busmanT - 21 Dec 2022

(20 Dec 2022, 11:18 pm)Unber43 Where does the 901 turn around at South Hylton
Not sure - it drops off opposite the station, then heads north and re-appears a couple of minutes later to pick up outside the station.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Unber43 - 21 Dec 2022

901 being operated by Solos all the time, especially at Christmas does that not say something about the traffic which uses the metro on daliy basis, I wonder if there could possibly be a less frequent service to South Hylton

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - NEbushopper - 21 Dec 2022

If you're talking about a less frequent service to South Hylton, there has to be consideration about turning back at Sunderland/Park Lane. I personally think that cutting frequency in any circumstance is a bad thing, but the frequency is every 12 minues (5 TPH) and the times I have been on that section and judging by the 200,000 - 300,000 pre covid yearly ridership, the service seams a bit much for a line that sees low ridership compared to the South Shields branch or the coast loop. The line could do with 24 minute (2.5 TPH) service (20 minutes (3 TPH) when new trains get in).

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Unber43 - 21 Dec 2022

(21 Dec 2022, 6:15 pm)NEbushopper If you're talking about a less frequent service to South Hylton, there has to be consideration about turning back at Sunderland/Park Lane. I personally think that cutting frequency in any circumstance is a bad thing, but the frequency is every 12 minues (5 TPH) and the times I have been on that section and judging by the 200,000 - 300,000 pre covid yearly ridership, the service seams a bit much for a line that sees low ridership compared to the South Shields branch or the coast loop. The line could do with 24 minute (2.5 TPH) service (20 minutes (3 TPH) when new trains get in).
I hate when frequencies are cut too, but like a 100 seater metro train (just a guesstimate) does anyone actual know the capacity, at every 12 mins, and the newer ones will carry a lot more. And the metro is off and reduce frequency at every 20 mins a replacement bus service which has 1/3 of the seats is all thats required some cuts are probs needed.

You could just have every 12 mins between Airport & Park Lane and Every 24 between Airport & South Hylton

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - DeltaMan - 01 Jan 2023

I was hoping for some New Year's Day reading to mellow the hangover. Has the actual business case for the Washington Loop been made public?

Given the track history of NEXUS and major schemes such as QCS, Project Orpheus, Western Links to name a few, I would love to have a read where the say all the extra passengers are coming from if the alignment down the east of Washington is correct.