North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V3 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V3 (/showthread.php?tid=1418)

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - MrFozz - 27 Sep 2015

(19 Sep 2015, 4:19 pm)GX03 SVC wrote I've been having thoughts recently.

I keep thinking about the 'good old days' when I used to go to the MetroCentre and the cinemas on the evening of my birthday. I also remember when I used to have loads of friends at school and how they all were helpful and kind.

Then, I remember the dark days. Being locked in a 'quiet room' for the most of the day at a special school in Blyth and then being beaten up at a school in the Throckley area. Then the frequent fights between my mam and her ex-husband. I didn't know if I was going to survive for as long as I have.

How much things have changed in six years. I really don't know how I've got through all of the hell.
The good old days...

you sound like an old man lmao

What's annoying you today? V3 - Jimmi - 27 Sep 2015

I see no point in uploading the rest of the photos from my trip to Edinburgh yesterday if no bugger is interested in them. Can't help but feel I've wasted my time!

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - S813 FVK - 27 Sep 2015

(27 Sep 2015, 9:00 pm)Jimmi wrote I see no point in uploading the rest of the photos from my trip to Edinburgh yesterday if no bugger is interested in them. Can't help but feel I've wasted my time!

What has given you that impression? Lack of views on others etc? I would take the view of that you take photos for yourself but you let others view them online.

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Jimmi - 27 Sep 2015

(27 Sep 2015, 9:06 pm)S813 FVK wrote What has given you that impression? Lack of views on others etc? I would take the view of that you take photos for yourself but you let others view them online.

The views are terrible, after six hours many of them only have around 30 views and pretty much the only favourites come from the same two people who faved every photo. I enjoy taking the photos but uploading them to Flickr can be a painful process as pretty much all my photos have to be cropped down and things often seem to go wrong for me when I try to upload to Flickr with me losing one of the photos I tried to upload this afternoon hence why I randomly uploaded nine photos instead of ten. If I get even a reasonable amount of views/favourites I'm happy but if I'm going to get very low views I'm not putting myself through the uploading process on Flickr if it seems like no-one has any intrest in viewing these photos especially as I am under enough stress without shouting at the laptop because I find my photo has been replaced with a message saying "This photo is no longer available" I know I shouldn't get annoyed about this but I really can't help myself, viewing other people's Flickr's is sometimes a bad idea especially when I have low views/favourites and they have more, I have always been like this though even when I was in school, everyone would get praised and I'd get little attention and when I did it was "you need to improve this" and when I took part in sporting events when I did well, nothing. Don't know why I am like this and I hate myself for thinking this.

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Michael - 27 Sep 2015

Early days Jimmi, i'll view them tomorrow when i'm on my computer, phone is terrible for Flickr... cba to download the app.

Other people might not be on the computer at this time.

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Jimmi - 27 Sep 2015

(27 Sep 2015, 9:30 pm)Michael wrote Early days Jimmi, i'll view them tomorrow when i'm on my computer, phone is terrible for Flickr... cba to download the app.

I know but I usually can somewhere in the region of at least 100 views in the space of six hours on typical North East uploads (excluding some independents).

I'm slow at viewing other people's Flickr's but this is because my WiFi provider is crap and when I try to view them on the app all I get is grey boxes.

Don't know why I am annoyed about it, I really shouldn't be but I am. Doesn't help I'm unwell today so have been stuck in the house all day and just looking at everything on my phone more than usual.

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Dan - 28 Sep 2015

(27 Sep 2015, 9:30 pm)Michael wrote Early days Jimmi, i'll view them tomorrow when i'm on my computer, phone is terrible for Flickr... cba to download the app.

Some of us were a kip..!

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Rapidsnap - 28 Sep 2015

What left of my self esteem as been brutally beaten thanks to some customer having a go about veing unshavened, said I looked scruffy. Told him to leave it, and said my self esteem is low enough as it is, and the fact my anxiety is playing up. The twat just became more verbally abusive towards me saying I was a stupid twat. I'm not paid enough to put up with this shit.

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - omnicity4659 - 28 Sep 2015

(28 Sep 2015, 9:47 am)GMitchelhill wrote What left of my self esteem as been brutally beaten thanks to some customer having a go about veing unshavened, said I looked scruffy. Told him to leave it, and said my self esteem is low enough as it is, and the fact my anxiety is playing up. The twat just became more verbally abusive towards me saying I was a stupid twat. I'm not paid enough to put up with this shit.

Some people are just vile. 

Just think of karma, Gary. Someone will go up to him and pick on him for his gambling addiction... of how he's a stupid twat and spends all of his dole on placing bets...

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - omnicity4659 - 28 Sep 2015

(27 Sep 2015, 9:38 pm)Jimmi wrote I know but I usually can somewhere in the region of at least 100 views in the space of six hours on typical North East uploads (excluding some independents).

I'm slow at viewing other people's Flickr's but this is because my WiFi provider is crap and when I try to view them on the app all I get is grey boxes.

Don't know why I am annoyed about it, I really shouldn't be but I am. Doesn't help I'm unwell today so have been stuck in the house all day and just looking at everything on my phone more than usual.

I usually upload my photos on a Saturday, more people are in and uploading photos after their days out then. 

HGVs get absolutely no faves at all from the HGV enthusiasts. 

I have a photo of 7505 on my Flickr, crap photo as I was sat on a bench and the road was in the shade, but it got quite a few faves, I don't know why, as it wasn't screaming that it was on a very rare diversion.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/tommy1581/21470131528/

Oh, and this new design for 'Post Reply' isn't very good. I've had to move my head from the usual viewing position to write an edit. Tongue

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Michael - 28 Sep 2015

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Just though i'd get that out, honestly some people!

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Jimmi - 28 Sep 2015

(28 Sep 2015, 10:10 am)GX03 SVC wrote I usually upload my photos on a Saturday, more people are in and uploading photos after their days out then. 

HGVs get absolutely no faves at all from the HGV enthusiasts. 

I have a photo of 7505 on my Flickr, crap photo as I was sat on a bench and the road was in the shade, but it got quite a few faves, I don't know why, as it wasn't screaming that it was on a very rare diversion.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/tommy1581/21470131528/

Oh, and this new design for 'Post Reply' isn't very good. I've had to move my head from the usual viewing position to write an edit. [emoji14]

What I've been doing the last few weeks is uploading my photos in batches of five each day which does help increase the views although the main reason I've been doing this was because I've been pushed for time due to me being out on a night a few times in the last fortnight and I've found uploading in fives a lot less stressful than uploading anything up to twenty in one go so I am probably going to continue taking this approach to uploads. Like your HGV photos my train photos usually only get a few favourites but it is starting to get a bit better and I'm not too down about the low views on them as it's normally sandwiched between bus photos so it's not so bad.

As I'm stuck in the house with a cold for another day I'll probably upload more photos tonight as it would be a slightly wasted trip if I didn't upload them to Flickr, also I have to do something other than watch The Big Bang Theory all day again.

(28 Sep 2015, 9:47 am)GMitchelhill wrote What left of my self esteem as been brutally beaten thanks to some customer having a go about veing unshavened, said I looked scruffy. Told him to leave it, and said my self esteem is low enough as it is, and the fact my anxiety is playing up. The twat just became more verbally abusive towards me saying I was a stupid twat. I'm not paid enough to put up with this shit.

What a prick. I kind of know what it's like to have low self esteem and it's certainly not great.

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - BusLoverMum - 28 Sep 2015

I don't know how old this customer was, but some people of a certian age regard a man as having made no effort if not  absolutely clean shaven and wearing a tie. It doesn't matter if said tie is poo brown and worn with a matching cardigan. It's "smart"

Unless it's relevant to your job, rather than mentioning your mental state to customers, many of whom would not be in the least bit understanding, anyhow, as there is still such a stigma attached to MH issues (particularly amongst the must be clean shaven and wearing a tie brigade) you merely need to point out that the person is being incredibly rude and bad mannered eg "did you mean to be so rude?"

Well thing is, my shop is like a community shop where everyone knows each other.

I've been based at the shop in Throckley for over 4 years know (plus working odd shifts there beforehand). And I'm popular with most of the regular punters. They do look out for me, and they often ask after me. Most of them know I do have issues with my mental state as I have had a breakdown in the shop last year.

Just that this window cleaner is a bit of a cocky git. Claims it was just harmless fun.

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - BusLoverMum - 28 Sep 2015

Harmless fun, my arse.

He's a bully.

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Kuyoyo - 28 Sep 2015

Facebook - anyone else having trouble with it!?

It's worse than that it's dead Jim

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - DanPicken - 28 Sep 2015

(28 Sep 2015, 7:10 pm)Kuyoyo wrote Facebook - anyone else having trouble with it!?

Me.

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - MrFozz - 28 Sep 2015

I share your distress brother...

Been there myself when I worked at the Stadium of Light a couple of times...

A Middlesbrough fan started screaming at me for a pint, calling me a useless fat c**t in the process as he had been waiting 45 minutes, in reality he had only been waiting about 10 minutes...Dunno if I should admit this, half of his pint ended up coming from the remainders of a drip tray and what made it funnier he looked like he enjoyed the pint as well Big Grin

Another occasion, A Spurs fan started giving me grief, I am not normally nervous or anything, but something about very drunk football fans makes me edgy to say the least, he just tore into me after I made it clear I wanted him to leave alone, he accused me of back answering him and being cheeky, on that occasion I was moved to a different part of the ground by one of the managers, after she believed this guy, had it not been for a the pollis not being far away I could have been in trouble, but the coper stood up for me and felt the guys collar...

Low self esteem is horrible and as such i guess you will have very little confidence in yourself, am I right?

They may say 'it is a harmless, I mean no offence, You can't a joke' but they don't realise how fragile your mind and emotions can be, and cannot see that you may be torn apart inside.

End of the day, nobody should have to feeling that way, it is not fair...

Hope you are ok anyway Gary Wink

All the best

Your Ol' pal Mr Fozz Big Grin

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Davie - 28 Sep 2015

(28 Sep 2015, 7:10 pm)Kuyoyo wrote Facebook - anyone else having trouble with it!?
I am too.