North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V3 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V3 (/showthread.php?tid=1418)

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Dan - 01 May 2015

(01 May 2015, 12:52 pm)Jimmi wrote Prince Bishops 4990 is a total shed.

Only another 50 minutes until I reach Durham [emoji31]

One of the second hand ones...

Not the best internally but I think it's fast enough by what I can recall? Been a while since I was last on it - 4992 seems to be the one I regularly get out of the second hand examples.

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Jimmi - 01 May 2015

(01 May 2015, 12:58 pm)Dan wrote One of the second hand ones...

Not the best internally but I think it's fast enough by what I can recall? Been a while since I was last on it - 4992 seems to be the one I regularly get out of the second hand examples.
So bad I have jumped off in Houghton especially as it was rather busy too. Shake and rattles galore and uncomfortable seats.

On the plus side though I got a photo of 4961 on service X1.

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Andreos1 - 01 May 2015

(01 May 2015, 1:08 pm)Jimmi wrote So bad I have jumped off in Houghton especially as it was rather busy too. Shake and rattles galore and uncomfortable seats.

On the plus side though I got a photo of 4961 on service X1.

Did you have a go of the radiator valves?
One of the front seats, has radiator valves right next to it - just like you would have on the radiator at home.

(01 May 2015, 1:17 pm)Andreos1 wrote Did you have a go of the radiator valves?
One of the front seats, has radiator valves right next to it - just like you would have on the radiator at home.
I was sat in the wheelchair bay at first as it was pretty much the only option for seats but they were so thin my backside couldn't take anymore so I then sat in the seat behind the drivers cab which was a mistake as that seat gave me backache and there was only really room for one of my legs.

Was busy too, probably because it was late!

What's annoying you today? V3 - Jimmi - 01 May 2015

Decided to get the X1 to Washington and just missed a late running 50 [emoji35]

The next 50 better not be 15 minutes late like it was or I will go mad. Sadly I am aware of the reliability of the 50 so I better try and keep myself calm.

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Andreos1 - 01 May 2015

(01 May 2015, 1:22 pm)Jimmi wrote I was sat in the wheelchair bay at first as it was pretty much the only option for seats but they were so thin my backside couldn't take anymore so I then sat in the seat behind the drivers cab which was a mistake as that seat gave me backache and there was only really room for one of my legs.

Was busy too, probably because it was late!

I quite like it, with it being different from the native examples.
From a passenger/ride quality point of view - it has seen much better days.

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Malarkey - 01 May 2015

(01 May 2015, 1:29 pm)Jimmi wrote Decided to get the X1 to Washington and just missed a late running 50 [emoji35]

The next 50 better not be 15 minutes late like it was or I will go mad. Sadly I am aware of the reliability of the 50 so I better try and keep myself calm.

Could always hop on the 8 to Chester le Street instead.

(01 May 2015, 1:55 pm)Malarkey wrote Could always hop on the 8 to Chester le Street instead.
Missed that too.

Just heading past the Arnison Centre on the 50 now, thankfully pretty much on-time.

4991 is my ride to town - not 4992 as is the norm!

This one is certainly alright in terms of ride quality and its buggy/wheelchair bays have had their seats re-trimmed. Sadly the bars aren't looking in the best condition.

(01 May 2015, 2:17 pm)Dan wrote 4991 is my ride to town - not 4992 as is the norm!

This one is certainly alright in terms of ride quality and its buggy/wheelchair bays have had their seats re-trimmed. Sadly the bars aren't looking in the best condition.
Many of the Prince Bishops Solars look like that though.

Could see traces of green paint on 4990.

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - MurdnunoC - 01 May 2015

(01 May 2015, 10:56 am)MrFozz wrote What's up with three...I have never had a problem with them

(01 May 2015, 12:33 pm)Dan wrote Nor I!

Add me to the list. 

I'd personally recommend Three to anyone considering changing their mobile operator. I think I may have done in the past.

What's annoying you today? V3 - Jimmi - 01 May 2015

I used to have a dongle for the Internet on three and most of the time it worked well.

Although my dad and sister both had contracts for mobile phones on three and they often struggled to get any mobile signal most places on three so now their contracts have ended they have both gone elsewhere.

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - MurdnunoC - 01 May 2015

(01 May 2015, 2:38 pm)Jimmi wrote I used to have a dongle for the Internet on three and most of the time it worked well.

Although my dad and sister both had contracts for mobile phones on three and they often struggled to get any mobile signal most places on three so now their contracts have ended they have both gone elsewhere.

I have both a dongle and a mobile phone with Three.

Being out in the sticks a lot of the time, I find my Three reception is usually good. There are some places, like Allenheads for example, where you can't get a signal. But in all fairness, I've been unable to get a signal in Allenheads with EE/Orange so I guessing it's just one of those places where all signals are poor. I'm out in the sticks quite often in my job, I'm often surprised where I can get signal to be honest.

(01 May 2015, 2:49 pm)MurdnunoC wrote I have both a dongle and a mobile phone with Three.

Being out in the sticks a lot of the time, I find my Three reception is usually good. There are some places, like Allenheads for example, where you can't get a signal. But in all fairness, I've been unable to get a signal in Allenheads with EE/Orange so I guessing it's just one of those places where all signals are poor. I'm out in the sticks quite often in my job, I'm often surprised where I can get signal to be honest.
Signal can be a weird one as at times I can sometimes get great Internet signal in the middle of nowhere yet there is places in Aycliffe I can only get G or E signal for the Internet on O2.

It really is strange as some can have no problems while others have endless problems on the same network.

Walked from Lambton to Harraton to Photograph the Drifter Streetlite on the 2, and a Versa showed up bang on the time I timed the Streetlite to show up, so I immediately thought it had been replaced and started walking back home, and just as I am walking past Makro what bloody passes me 5 Minutes Later, you bloody guessed the friggen Streetlite.

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - citaro5284 - 01 May 2015

(01 May 2015, 3:21 pm)Malarkey wrote Walked from Lambton to Harraton to Photograph the Drifter Streetlite on the 2, and a Versa showed up bang on the time I timed the Streetlite to show up, so I immediately thought it had been replaced and started walking back home, and just as I am walking past Makro what bloody passes me 5 Minutes Later, you bloody guessed the friggen Streetlite.

Oh dear Adam........ Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

(01 May 2015, 3:21 pm)Malarkey wrote Walked from Lambton to Harraton to Photograph the Drifter Streetlite on the 2, and a Versa showed up bang on the time I timed the Streetlite to show up, so I immediately thought it had been replaced and started walking back home, and just as I am walking past Makro what bloody passes me 5 Minutes Later, you bloody guessed the friggen Streetlite.
I must of just missed it whilst I was in Sunderland earlier judging by the time you reported it as being on there.

Gutted.

(01 May 2015, 3:27 pm)citaro5284 wrote Oh dear Adam........ Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Best get onto Management citaro5284 about these late running 2s.

(01 May 2015, 3:54 pm)Malarkey wrote Best get onto Management citaro5284 about these late running 2s.

You tried going down Chester Rd from 1600 to 1700?!

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Michael - 01 May 2015

(01 May 2015, 4:07 pm)Dan wrote You tried going down Chester Rd from 1600 to 1700?!

Don't............ iv'e just being down that road on the 16!